PDA

View Full Version : OBama out of control

luvmylabs23139
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
So now he's gonna close strategic command in Nebraska if Ben Nelson doesn't cave in and vote for health care.
Now he is a traitor!
His extortion has gone to far!!!!

road kill
12-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I would seriously call his bluff on this.

I think that just might blow up in his face!!

This guy is hurtling toward disaster.

I truly beleive that.

Hoax and Chains regards!!

rk

code3retrievers
12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
He's nothing but a two bit bully.

Chicago politics at its finest.

He has the skill set to be America's first dictator.

luvmylabs23139
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
He needs to be brought up on charges of treason and if convicted given the maximum penalty!

YardleyLabs
12-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Interestingly, it has been known for decades that we waste money by having too many bases. There is a perennial battle over which bases will be closed. The reality is that politics has been the primary reason for these decisions. Since PA had its last military base closed after voting against Bush in 2004, we certainly have the room to accommodate some additional activities now.:rolleyes:

Hew
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Interestingly, it has been known for decades that we waste money by having too many bases. There is a perennial battle over which bases will be closed. The reality is that politics has been the primary reason for these decisions. Since PA had its last military base closed after voting against Bush in 2004, we certainly have the room to accommodate some additional activities now.:rolleyes:
Dude. Seriously. You're actually going to try and draw comparisons between BRAC closings that have going on since the 90s to Rahm Emanuel threating to close the Strategic Command if Nelson doesn't tow the party line? The BRAC closings in PA in 05 were done by a non-partisan committee of experts. Bush signed off on their recommendations without revision. Congress then voted on the closings. And you're going to compare that to the current Chicago knee-cap politics at play now? BTW, the notion that Bush closed PA bases for political payback should make even you blush. Yeah, Bush would want to lash out at a swingstate like PA. And to top it off, the major components of the PA air base that was closed were moved to that staunch republican lynchpin of New Jersey. Again, dude, really. :rolleyes:

Eric Johnson
12-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't think Offutt AFB has ever been considered for closure under a BRAC process. It has been on the most sacred and hands off of all DoD facilities. Anyone who suggests closure just doesn't understand military issues and is as dumb as a box of rocks. The only reference to Offutt during 2004 BRAC was an expansion of the mission.

Jeff, in no way was there any connection between BRAC actions in PA and the 2004 election. The decisions were purely mission-oriented. For example, there was a squadron of KC-135's based at Pittsburg (I think it was). The problem was the runway length at that altitude meant that the aircraft couldn't take-off with a full fuel load. I don't think they could even carry the load needed to drag a flight of fighters all the way across the Atlantic....a primary mission of KC-135s based stateside.

Eric

JDogger
12-17-2009, 12:22 AM
I thought once elected, the POTUS was in control. You may not agree, but then...

JD

WindyCreek
12-17-2009, 06:09 AM
PA lost its last military base? What about Letterkenny Army Depot in Chambersburg PA which is a major Army Depot and handles a very large part of the Army's logistical support and Carlisle Barracks in Carlisle PA?

code3retrievers
12-17-2009, 07:22 AM

Lets call it what it is "Extortion".

It's sad that you leftists will over look every crooked thing this guy does. Find a back bone and call what it is.

Bush also closed several bases in states that did vote for him.

code3retrievers
12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I thought once elected, the POTUS was in control. You may not agree, but then...

JD

Apparently you have no clue how our government works. Its a little thing called checks and balances.

Obama can't get his own party to go along with him so he extorts them.

Now he's considering signing a climate treaty with out the necessary ratification from the senate.

Everyday he is looking a lot like Hugo Chavez, America's leftwing dictator.

Evan
12-17-2009, 07:33 AM
You mean His Highness wasn't annointed King? He actually has to abide by the tenets of that pesky Constitution? Of all the nerve!!!

Evan:confused:

YardleyLabs
12-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Apparently you have no clue how our government works. Its a little thing called checks and balances.

Now he's considering signing a climate treaty with out the necessary ratification from the senate.

Treaties are negotiated by the President and ratified by the Senate. They do not have the force of law unless ratified. The Kyoto treaty was signed by Clinton and never ratified. Therefore, the US never became a signatory. The treaties concerning missile placements in eastern Europe were negotiated by Bush but never ratified. Therefore they never took effect despite the accusations that the Obama administration was abrogating them by canceling plans for the missile placements. "Extorting" -- more commonly called arm twisting -- has been an integral part of Presidential negotiations with Congress since the country was founded. In this case, the Senator in question is trying to "extort" a change in proposed legislation to include a provision restricting abortions that would never pass Congress on its own by threatening to withhold support on a vote to close debate. The President has four choices: accept the change demanded, lose the vote because only 58 or 59 Senators support it, negotiate a compromise, or offer the affected Senators strong incentives (positive or negative) for supporting the President's position.

subroc
12-17-2009, 07:51 AM
I am not sure obama has the power to close the base. He probably has the power to move everyone off it though, forcing congress or DOD to close it.

JDogger
12-17-2009, 09:33 AM

It's called politics, and it is the way the game is played, and has been for a long time. Checks and balances exist between the branches of government, not between the President and an individual Senator.
A little arm twisting is not unusual. I suppose though the President could just be a Boy Scout and "ask him nicely". :rolleyes:

JD

BrianW
12-17-2009, 11:43 AM
He's nothing but a two bit bully.
Chicago politics at its finest.
He has the skill set to be America's first dictator.

Even Bill Clinton said BHO "has the instincts of a Chicago street thug" back in the campaign. Now THAT'S a comment, coming from his Democrat predecessor.

I thought once elected, the POTUS was in control. You may not agree, but then...JD

"In charge" and "in control" are two separate things.
He is the CinC :rolleyes:, but he's clearly flailing desperately trying to land this punch to America's mid-section.
His hypocrisy sinks to even new lows for him on this one.
If Nelson caves, PBO will probably claim this as more of his so-called "saved jobs".

K G
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM

Jeff, you of ALL people should understand that this is a "timing" issue that has no basis in military support. BHO is showing his true colors more and more every day.

Come on 2010 regards,

kg

Buzz
12-18-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't know why you guys waste time debating bogus rumors.

road kill
12-18-2009, 08:33 AM
It's called politics, and it is the way the game is played, and has been for a long time. Checks and balances exist between the branches of government, not between the President and an individual Senator.
A little arm twisting is not unusual. I suppose though the President could just be a Boy Scout and "ask him nicely". :rolleyes:

JD

That's working well with Iran isn't it??;-)

Hoax & Chains regards....

rk

JDogger
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Here is the update: It’s not true (http://www.omaha.com/article/20091217/AP09/912169975).

On Wednesday, Sen. Mike Johanns and 19 other Republican senators Wednesday called for a hearing into reports that the Obama administration used the future of Offutt Air Force Base as bargaining chip in the health care debate.
Nelson has repeatedly said the rumors are completely false. The White House has called them “absurd.”
A defense analyst said Wednesday that base closures simply don’t work that way.
Even Johanns himself said he doesn’t believe the rumors.
“When Senator Nelson says it didn’t happen, I trust Senator Nelson. I have no reason not to trust him,” Johanns said

http://themoderatevoice.com/56255/update-on-offutt-military-base-ben-nelson-story/

Roger Perry
12-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Here is the update: It’s not true (http://www.omaha.com/article/20091217/AP09/912169975).

On Wednesday, Sen. Mike Johanns and 19 other Republican senators Wednesday called for a hearing into reports that the Obama administration used the future of Offutt Air Force Base as bargaining chip in the health care debate.
Nelson has repeatedly said the rumors are completely false. The White House has called them “absurd.”
A defense analyst said Wednesday that base closures simply don’t work that way.
Even Johanns himself said he doesn’t believe the rumors.
“When Senator Nelson says it didn’t happen, I trust Senator Nelson. I have no reason not to trust him,” Johanns said
http://themoderatevoice.com/56255/update-on-offutt-military-base-ben-nelson-story/

The false rumors and lies told by Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity really gets the tail feathers of the right wing wacko's ruffled doesn't it.

The reports and the entertainers who write and or "report" these false rumors/lies should be held accountable and taken to task. Now 20 Republican Senators want an official investigation into the lies that they themselves don't believe are true. How much do you think that will cost? If the rumor is proven false (which I have no doubt it will), those who started and spread the rumors should have to pay for the cost of the investigation.

Hey, righty's here is a rumor for you:

President Obama is secretly a Muslim (even though he attended a christian church for years to throw you off track) and was a plant by Osama Bin Laden to destroy the United States of America from the inside. Most of the campaign money he receive was from the Taliban and al queda.

Now go out and tell Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity you heard it here first so it has to be true. :lol:

ducknwork
12-18-2009, 01:24 PM
The false rumors and lies told by Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity really gets the tail feathers of the right wing wacko's ruffled doesn't it.

The reports and the entertainers who write and or "report" these false rumors/lies should be held accountable and taken to task.

Were you so proud of yourself for typing that the first time that you had to type it again?:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
12-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Were you so proud of yourself for typing that the first time that you had to type it again?:rolleyes:

Actually, I my first post was on the wrong thread. But apparently you have no problem for the Republicans calling for an investigation yet you bitch about spending money. :confused: