PDA

View Full Version : After 'Obamacare' passes...

Uncle Bill
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
...those little deletions or additions will be of zero consequence. As no less of an authority than Bill Clinton said, "It doesn't matter what kind of bill gets passed, just get a bill passed and we can finagle it". ( finagle may not have been his choice of wording, but it's what I interpreted from his statement.)

So what is being shoved through by the Senate, is in no way to be confused by what will eventually be shoved through the collective anus of the American citizenry. The sheeple be damned.

This is so reminiscient of the entrance into the atomic bomb era. We would all learn how to crawl under our desks in school, put our heads between our legs and kiss our buns goodby. Those sheeple that weren't taught that, will get that knowledge very soon.

It will be a piece of cake for the Democrat majority now writing the laws with no regard to our Constitution or anything else that makes sense. True...we don't have a Castro running this..yet..but with all the attorneys in the same cabal, who needs him? Or any facsimile!

Ever wonder why Tort reform wasn't even a passing remark in all the verbiage making up the 1 to 2,000+ pages of these various "bills"? EZ...just look at the Democrat makeup.

The Democrat Party has become the Lawyers’ Party.

Barack Obama is a lawyer.

Michelle Obama is a lawyer.

Hillary Clinton is a lawyer.

Bill Clinton is a lawyer.

John Edwards is a lawyer.

Elizabeth Edwards is a lawyer.

Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate).

Every Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, except for Lloyd Bentsen, went to law school.

Look at leaders of the Democrat Party in Congress:

Harry Reid is a lawyer.

Nancy Pelosi is a lawyer.

The Republican Party is different.

President Bush is a businessman.

Vice President Cheney is a businessman.

The leaders of the Republican Revolution:

Newt Gingrich was a history professor.

Tom Delay was an exterminator. Dick Armey was an economist.

House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer.

The former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is a heart surgeon.

Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer? Gerald Ford, who left office 31 years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976.

The Republican Party is made up of real people doing real work, who are often the targets of lawyers.

The Democrat Party is made up of lawyers. Democrats mock and scorn men who create wealth, like Bush and Cheney, or who heal the sick, like Frist, or who immerse themselves in history, like Gingrich.

The Lawyers’ Party sees these sorts of people, who provide goods and services that people want, as the enemies of America . And, so we have seen the procession of official enemies, in the eyes of the Lawyers’ Party, grow.

Against whom do Hillary and Obama rail? Pharmaceutical companies, oil companies, hospitals, manufacturers, fast food restaurant chains, large retail businesses, bankers, and anyone producing anything of value in our nation.

This is the natural consequence of viewing everything through the eyes of lawyers.

Lawyers solve problems by successfully representing their clients, in this case the American people.

Lawyers seek to have new laws passed, they seek to win lawsuits, they press appellate courts to overturn precedent, and lawyers always parse language to favor their side.

Confined to the narrow practice of law, that is fine. But it is an awful way to govern a great nation.

When politicians as lawyers begin to view some Americans as clients and other Americans as opposing parties, then the role of the legal system in our life becomes all-consuming. Some Americans become “adverse parties” of our very government. We are not all litigants in some vast social class-action suit.

We are citizens of a republic that promises us a great deal of freedom from laws, from courts, and from lawyers.

Today, we are drowning in laws; we are contorted by judicial decisions; we are driven to distraction by omnipresent lawyers in all parts of our once private lives. America has a place for laws and lawyers, but that place is modest and reasonable, not vast and unchecked. When the most important decision for our next president is whom he will appoint to the Supreme Court, the role of lawyers and the law in America is too big. When lawyers use criminal prosecution as a continuation of politics by other means, as happened in the lynching of Scooter Libby and Tom Delay, then the power of lawyers in America is too great. When House Democrats sue America in order to hamstring our efforts to learn what our enemies are planning to do to us, then the role of litigation in America has become crushing.

We cannot expect the Lawyers’ Party to provide real change, real reform or real hope in America Most Americans know that a republic in which every major government action must be blessed by nine unelected judges is not what Washington intended in 1789. Most Americans grasp that we cannot fight a war when ACLU lawsuits snap at the heels of our defenders. Most Americans intuit that more lawyers and judges will not restore declining moral values or spark the spirit of enterprise in our economy.

Perhaps Americans will understand that change cannot be brought to our nation by those lawyers who already largely dictate American society and business. Perhaps Americans will see that hope does not come from the mouths of lawyers but from personal dreams nourished by hard work. Perhaps Americans will embrace the truth that more lawyers with more power will only make our problems worse.

The United States has 5% of the world’s population and 66% of the world’s lawyers! Tort (Legal) reform legislation has been introduced in congress several times in the last several years to limit punitive damages in ridiculous lawsuits such as “spilling hot coffee on yourself and suing the establishment that sold it to you” and also to limit punitive damages in huge medical malpractice lawsuits. This legislation has continually been blocked from even being voted on by the Democrat Party. When you see that 97% of the political contributions from the American Trial Lawyers Association goes to the Democrat Party, then you realize who is responsible for our medical and product costs being so high!

UB

Bob Gutermuth
12-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Did you mean lawyer, or liar?

Uncle Bill
12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Without painting with too broad a brush, I question if there's much difference.

They also fall into another excellant category...of being a joke! One of my favorites:

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a
pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
began
the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and
practicing
law.

UB

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Without painting with too broad a brush, I question if there's much difference.

They also fall into another excellant category...of being a joke! One of my favorites:

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a
pulse?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
began
the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
ATTORNEY: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and
practicing
law.

UB

The only reason Bush did not go to law school is because he was too stupid. He was rejected from attending law school by the University of Texas Law school.

This was part of Dumbya's commencement speech at Yale:

Bush poked fun at his average college record while at the Ivy League school. "And to you 'C' students, you too can be president of the United States," he said to a crowd that rippled with laughter.
http://archives.cnn.com/images/icons/video.orange.gif VIDEOhttp://archives.cnn.com/video/politics/2001/05/21/speech.bush.1.vs.yale.jpg (javascript:med_vod('/video/politics/2001/05/21/speech.bush.1.yale.med.exclude.html')) Watch Bush's commencement address (May 21)

Part 1 (javascript:med_vod('/video/politics/2001/05/21/speech.bush.1.yale.med.exclude.html')) | Part 2 (javascript:med_vod('/video/politics/2001/05/21/speech.bush.2.yale.med.exclude.html'))
(QuickTime, Real or Windows Media)
The president also got in a good-natured jab at his vice president, who attended Yale for a time. "A Yale degree is worth a lot, as I often remind Dick Cheney, who studied here but left a little early," Bush said. "So now we know, if you graduate from Yale, you become president. If you drop out, you get to be vice president."

Uncle Bill
12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Are you an attorney, Roger? Please say you are, that would be sublime.

UB

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Are you an attorney, Roger? Please say you are, that would be sublime.

UB

No, I just sell real estate.

Uncle Bill
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
No, I just sell real estate.

Great!!! How's that hope and change working out for you???

UB

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Great!!! How's that hope and change working out for you???

UB

It's better now than when Dumbya was in office. When Bush was in office the realator I worked for was driven out of business by Bush's economic policies.

Uncle Bill
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
It's better now than when Dumbya was in office. When Bush was in office the realator I worked for was driven out of business by Bush's economic policies.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's hilarious. "Birds of a feather"
probably fits into this picture, Roger.

If you are in the real estate business...as in being a Realtor...but you consider yourself a "realator", I certainly understand how you could have been 'driven' out of business.:rolleyes:

UB

road kill
12-21-2009, 04:21 PM

Who is "STUPID??"

stu⋅pid  /ˈstupɪd, ˈstyu‑/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stoo-pid, styoo‑] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun
Use stupid in a Sentence
See web results for stupid
See images of stupid
–adjective 1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
4. annoying or irritating; troublesome

Hoosier
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. That's hilarious. "Birds of a feather"
probably fits into this picture, Roger.

If you are in the real estate business...as in being a Realtor...but you consider yourself a "realator", I certainly understand how you could have been 'driven' out of business.:rolleyes:

UB

Maybe he spelled it that way in his yellow pages ad, and his potential customers haven't been able to find him.:)

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Who is "STUPID??"

stu⋅pid  /ˈstupɪd, ˈstyu‑/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stoo-pid, styoo‑] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun
Use stupid in a Sentence
See images of stupid
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.

You described Dumbya to a T. I had to take an exam and a "C" on the test wouldn't cut it.

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Maybe he spelled it that way in his yellow pages ad, and his potential customers haven't been able to find him.:)
most likely a typo

YardleyLabs
12-21-2009, 06:52 PM
most likely a typo
Absolutely impossible. Why somebody who made a mistake like that might post that the national debt was $13,000,000,000 ($13 billion) instead of $13,000,000,000,000. But, of course, that would be

"STUPID??"

Use stupid in a Sentence
See images of stupid

I suspect all of us can do without the spelling and grammar police.

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Absolutely impossible. Why somebody who made a mistake like that might post that the national debt was $13,000,000,000 ($13 billion) instead of $13,000,000,000,000. But, of course, that would be

"STUPID??"

Use stupid in a Sentence
See images of stupid

When you make fun of a former Presidents name, call him stupid and misspell what you supposedly do for a living, I think it speaks volumes about who and what is stupid!!

You may well think I am stupid, as noone maintains the vast knowledge and truth you do, but some of the name butchering and calling are far more childish than anything here.

Again, all bow to the "Sole Possesor of the Truth."

BTW--Mr. Yardley, have you read the new healthcare bill??:D

BTW #2--I have a degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in High Voltage Distribution Systems.
I am also a Level 1 Thermographer and have papers published on using Ultrasonics to test for non intrusive Dielectric corona tracking.

Stupid perhaps, but I can spell most of the words!!!;-)

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
When you make fun of a former Presidents name, call him stupid and misspell what you supposedly do for a living, I think it speaks volumes about who and what is stupid!!

You may well think I am stupid, as noone maintains the vast knowledge and truth you do, but some of the name butchering and calling are far more childish than anything here.

BTW #2--I have a degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in High Voltage Distribution Systems.
I am also a Level 1 Thermographer and have papers published on using Ultrasonics to test for non intrusive Dielectric corona tracking.

NOONE? I never saw that word before. Possesor (possessor) either nor healthcare (health care).

Now who is calling stupid stupid?

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:10 PM
NOONE? I never saw that word before.

Good for you.
But you are what you are.
You can not argue points, so you try to insult.
Don't you have some "realator" stuff to do??

For God's sakes man, step away from the BONG!!

Roger Perry
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Good for you.
But you are what you are.
You can not argue points, so you try to insult.
Don't you have some "realator" stuff to do??

For God's sakes man, step away from the BONG!!
At least I only made one spelling error to your 3.

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:14 PM
At least I only made one spelling error to your 3.
Your special!!:rolleyes:

Rude, mean spirited and hateful, but special!!

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:26 PM

"STUPID??"

Use stupid in a Sentence
See images of stupid

No, let's all start checking spelling and grammar if that's something that works for you.
I think it will be interesting, or do you think you never make any errors??

Again, I ask you, have you read Harry Reids health care bill??

Rhetorical question........

Hoax & Chains regards!!:D

YardleyLabs
12-21-2009, 07:30 PM

You're very sensitive considering that all I did was to quote your own words back to you in a comparable context. Each of us makes typos and errors in our posts. Usually that reflects nothing more than routine typing errors. Sometimes it reflects differences in education.

I do not comment on such things under almost any circumstances since I do not believe that such errors are a measure of intelligence or that they have anything to do with the merits of the comments made. A few of the better trainers on this forum are very open about the fact that they are spelling and grammar challenged. I know some of these people personally and they do not have many stupid cells in their bodies.

Your own spelling and grammar are well above average, but you were the one who chose to call another poster stupid because of an easy typo and now try to justify your behavior based on your disagreements with his posts. My only suggestion is that we deal with each other's posts, not with our grammar, spelling, things said by an unrelated third party, etc.

EDIT: I have not read the health bill currently being debated, each amendment of which has been read in full on the floor of the Senate (the reason votes are bring held at 1 AM). I probably will not read a full copy of the bill again until the Conference Report is published, assuming things get that far.

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:44 PM
You're very sensitive considering that all I did was to quote your own words back to you in a comparable context. Each of us makes typos and errors in our posts. Usually that reflects nothing more than routine typing errors. Sometimes it reflects differences in education.

I do not comment on such things under almost any circumstances since I do not believe that such errors are a measure of intelligence or that they have anything to do with the merits of the comments made. A few of the better trainers on this forum are very open about the fact that they are spelling and grammar challenged. I know some of these people personally and they do not have many stupid cells in their bodies.

Your own spelling and grammar are well above average, but you were the one who chose to call another poster stupid because of an easy typo and now try to justify your behavior based on your disagreements with his posts. My only suggestion is that we deal with each other's posts, not with our grammar, spelling, things said by an unrelated third party, etc.

EDIT: I have not read the health bill currently being debated, each amendment of which has been read in full on the floor of the Senate (the reason votes are bring held at 1 AM). I probably will not read a full copy of the bill again until the Conference Report is published, assuming things get that far.

Jeff,
My issue with that poster is his blatant disrespect and name calling of a former President of the United States.
I find it tedious and annoying.

I don't particularly care for the sitting President, but if you would take the time to notice I reference him as President Obama.
At one time I called him "The Obama" in reference tio a SAaturday Night Live" skit that called Oprah Winfrey as "The Oprah."
Not too many got the joke and I have since referred to President Obama as such.

I am offended by RP's constant name calling of President Bush.

If you can't spell what you do for a living, I don't think that leaves a lot of room to call anyone else stoopid.

I did also qualify my statement by saying I can spell MOST of the words.
But senses of humor here are far and few between (or maybe it was not funny).

I also beleive that once this issue is resolved the economy will pick up, regardless the outcome.

Uncertainty is devastating for the market and the economy in general.

BTW--most of my spelling errors are due to haste.
My grammar is usually pretty god......hey??;-)

stan b

Henry V
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM

RK,
Just curious if the same reasoning applies to everyone around here when they make fun of the current President's name, call him anti-American, socialist, etc, etc, and misspell words.

Hmmm, let me guess, it somehow means they are intelligent and patriotic, not stupid, right? ;) Do you want some examples? I might be able to find a couple.

road kill
12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
RK,
Just curious if the same reasoning applies to everyone around here when they make fun of the current President's name, call him anti-American, socialist, etc, etc, and misspell words.

Hmmm, let me guess, it somehow means they are intelligent and patriotic, not stupid, right? ;) Do you want some examples? I might be able to find a couple.
If you read my whole post and do the research for your examples, I think you will find I refer to him as President Obama.

That's all I am responsible for.

I think.......

Julie R.
12-21-2009, 11:50 PM
A typo or spelling error, OK. No need to fire up the bus for those, we've all made them. Unless of course it's the name of what you do for a living http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/trophyBus.gif or you spell it like you pronounce it.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/abigrofl.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/abigrofl.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/abigrofl.gif

I used to be a REALATOR but now I'm a NUCULAR scientist.

Oh and Roger doesn't really hate Bush, can't you all see that's just a cover-up for the man-crush he has on him?
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/queen.gif

JDogger
12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm not even touching this thread.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/mouse.gif

JD

Well, I guess I just did. My Bad.

ducknwork
12-22-2009, 06:31 AM

JD

Hey, that was almost funny.

I like the effort. You'll get there one day!;)

road kill
12-22-2009, 06:51 AM

JD

Maybe!!??!!??

(RP, could you check my spelling quick, since you have NOTHING else to do:D)

rk

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Jeff,
My issue with that poster is his blatant disrespect and name calling of a former President of the United States.
I find it tedious and annoying.

I don't particularly care for the sitting President, but if you would take the time to notice I reference him as President Obama.
At one time I called him "The Obama" in reference tio a SAaturday Night Live" skit that called Oprah Winfrey as "The Oprah."
Not too many got the joke and I have since referred to President Obama as such.

I am offended by RP's constant name calling of President Bush.

If you can't spell what you do for a living, I don't think that leaves a lot of room to call anyone else stoopid.

I did also qualify my statement by saying I can spell MOST of the words.
But senses of humor here are far and few between (or maybe it was not funny).

I also beleive that once this issue is resolved the economy will pick up, regardless the outcome.

Uncertainty is devastating for the market and the economy in general.

BTW--most of my spelling errors are due to haste.
My grammar is usually pretty god......hey??;-)

stan b

I believe Tio might be to? SAaturday might be Saturday? Oh, and I think beleive just might be spelled believe.

I am just guessing, but it doesn't seem to bother you when the righty's here call President Obama Obongo or the Messiah though does it?

Oh, and by the way the original poster UB brought up Bush in his post.

road kill
12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I believe Tio might be to? SAaturday might be Saturday? Oh, and I think beleive just might be spelled believe.

I am just guessing, but it doesn't seem to bother you when the righty's here call President Obama Obongo or the Messiah though does it?

Oh, and by the way the original poster UB brought up Bush in his post.
Thanks for the spell check RP.
I think you have found a purpose.
You are finally good for something other than spewing your vitriolic hatred for President Bush.

No Roger, I am not responsible for what the other righty's do here, you might want to address your deep seeded anger issues with them.

Now....get busy and spell check, it's all you have!!

Hoax & Chains regards,

rk

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
You are finally good for something other than spewing your vitriolic hatred for President Bush.

No Roger, I am not responsible for what the other righty's do here, you might want to address your deep seeded anger issues with them.

Hoax & Chains regards,

rk

You are right, you are not responsible for what other righty's do here yet you only mention me when I do not call Bush by his given name.

road kill
12-22-2009, 08:11 AM
You are right, you are not responsible for what other righty's do here yet you only mention me when I do not call Bush by his given name.

Roger, some people post things here the way the do because they don't know any better.

YOU DO!!

Your disrespect is thought out and deliberate.
I take exception.

Since you have decided to take on my spelling limitations as your cause foe existing, I will be on your blatant deliberate disrespect just as hard.
I will address it every time you post it.:D

BTW--do you even have a dog??

Hoax & Chains......

rk

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Roger, some people post things here the way the do because they don't know any better.

YOU DO!!

I take exception.

Since you have decided to take on my spelling limitations as your cause foe existing, I will be on your blatant deliberate disrespect just as hard.

Hoax & Chains......

rk

Yes I have 3 dogs. I will be running Kate in the Qualifying (her last official field trial) Kate also has 14 master passes (all from the Treasure Coast Retriever Club) Hooker who is a MH and QAA and has hip dysplasia and haven't run her in a field trial or hunt test in years because of that. And, I also have Mac who at had derby placements, a 4th and a 1st in the qualifying and at 2 1/2 got a JAM in the Open at Middle Tennessee field trial. Oh, yeah, and I also had 2 other dogs that were master hunters 1 of which was also QAA who have passed away.

And by the way, you were the one to quickly point out my spelling error so I reciprocated.

I am only rude to people that are rude to me first.

road kill
12-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Yes I have 3 dogs. I will be running Kate in the Qualifying (her last official field trial) Kate also has 14 master passes (all from the Treasure Coast Retriever Club) Hooker who is a MH and QAA and has hip dysplasia and haven't run her in a field trial or hunt test in years because of that. And, I also have Mac who at had derby placements, a 4th and a 1st in the qualifying and at 2 1/2 got a JAM in the Open at Middle Tennessee field trial. Oh, yeah, and I also had 2 other dogs that were master hunters 1 of which was also QAA who have passed away.

And by the way, you were the one to quickly point out my spelling error so I reciprocated.

I am only rude to people that are rude to me first.

Nice job on your dogs.
Mine is just a year old.
He got his NAHRA Started at 7.5 months.
That's him the day he titled over there to the left.
The little bitty guy next to him is ME!!

I will run him in some AKC & NAHRA SR's this summer.
And I will run him in some Derby's here in WI, @ WATKC.

I pointed out your misspelling of your profession because you keep calling someone else stupid.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Hoax & Chains.......

rk

ducknwork
12-22-2009, 09:15 AM

YOU DO!!

I take exception.

Hoax & Chains......

rk

Let me jump on the bandwagon! Did you mean 'for' or are you speaking ebonics?:D

smillerdvm
12-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Hoax & Chains regards,

rk
You all missed "deep seeded"

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 10:50 AM

Now, now, y'all quit picking on RK. I just pointed out his spelling mistakes because he picked on me for my misspelled word.

Jim Wetzler
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM

And the defense contractor I work for just laid off 600 about about a week before the current admin announced the lastest troop increase, cancelling many orders destined to support the boys.

Uncle Bill
12-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Thank God for the likes of Ray Stevens. I can only hope he has some sway with the electorate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo&feature=player_embedded)

UB

BrianW
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks UB, I needed a smile today.:D

road kill
12-22-2009, 01:46 PM

No, they are deeply seeded for a reason, RP knows about "seeds & stems," don'tcha Rog??

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
No, they are deeply seeded for a reason, RP knows about "seeds & stems," don'tcha Rog??

Yeah, the seeds burn holes in your shirt and the stems poke holes in the paper.

road kill
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Now, now, y'all quit picking on RK. I just pointed out his spelling mistakes because he picked on me for my misspelled word.
I don't care if they pile on.
I can handle it.
I usually spell OK, but sometimes I am just in too much of a hurry.

Having said that, I can spell what I do for a living and don't call current or former Presidents stupid, RP does.

That is the point.
It's doubtful anyone here wants every post perused for spelling and grammar, but hey, if that's where we want to go.........

rk

Hoosier
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
As long as no one says anything about comma splices.

road kill
12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
As long as no one says anything about comma splices.

You too.....

Oh well, comma splices are used to connect seperate thoughts and maintain solid grammatical structure.
I probably over use them, at least sometimes, whereas some just run their sentences together.

And, again, I did not call RP stupid, after seeing his misspelling of his profession I question his authority to call a former President "stupid."
Surely at least 1 person here gets that?
If not, y'all may be good spellers, but your cognitive reasoning skills need improvement.

rk

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't care if they pile on.
I can handle it.
I usually spell OK, but sometimes I am just in too much of a hurry.

Having said that, I can spell what I do for a living and don't call current or former Presidents stupid, RP does.

That is the point.
It's doubtful anyone here wants every post perused for spelling and grammar, but hey, if that's where we want to go.........

rk

There are 13 pages of "Bushisms" read through them and pretend that you did not know that GW Bush said them and tell me if you think you are listening to an intelligent person. I'll start you off with just one.

"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada."—As reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

road kill
12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
There are 13 pages of "Bushisms" read through them and pretend that you did not know that GW Bush said them and tell me if you think you are listening to an intelligent person. I'll start you off with just one.

"This is my maiden voyage. My first speech since I was the president of the United States and I couldn't think of a better place to give it than Calgary, Canada."—As reported by the Associated Press, Calgary, Canada, March 17, 2009

http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

Roger, are you trying to tell me that you think he is stupid because of some goofy stuff he said?

That is a slippery slope.

Let it go, I give Obama the respect you ask for, do the same in return.

You evidently think I'm stupid as well because I misspelled a couple words.
Well, I might be, I might not be.
But out of respect your not calling stupid, yet anyways.

And I can assure you that wouldn't happen if we met.
So.....if you met President Bush would you call him stupid?

NO....then why do it now?

It's rude for a man of your years, you know better.

rk

I'll let this one go, go ahead Rog, have at it......

Hoosier
12-22-2009, 03:42 PM
You too.....

Oh well, comma splices are used to connect seperate thoughts and maintain solid grammatical structure.
I probably over use them, at least sometimes, whereas some just run their sentences together.

And, again, I did not call RP stupid, after seeing his misspelling of his profession I question his authority to call a former President "stupid."
Surely at least 1 person here gets that?
If not, y'all may be good spellers, but your cognitive reasoning skills need improvement.

rk

Actually, I was talking about myself. I usually throw them in everywhere. I've turned in papers in English comp class, and had A papers turn into Ds over comma splices. Have no fear RK I haven't turned on you, and I always enjoy your posts, even though you never call the chosen one "Obami".

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Roger, are you trying to tell me that you think he is stupid because of some goofy stuff he said?

That is a slippery slope.

Let it go, I give Obama the respect you ask for, do the same in return.

You evidently think I'm stupid as well because I misspelled a couple words.
Well, I might be, I might not be.
But out of respect your not calling stupid, yet anyways.

And I can assure you that wouldn't happen if we met.
So.....if you met President Bush would you call him stupid?

NO....then why do it now?

It's rude for a man of your years, you know better.

rk

I'll let this one go, go ahead Rog, have at it......

You are great at answering questions that are not asked. My question to you was read the quotes and tell me if you think the person being quoted sounded like he was intellegent. That was a yes or no question.

As far as meeting Presidents, the only one I would have like to have met was Richard M. Nixon.

Roger Perry
12-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Nice job on your dogs.
Mine is just a year old.
He got his NAHRA Started at 7.5 months.
That's him the day he titled over there to the left.
The little bitty guy next to him is ME!!

I will run him in some AKC & NAHRA SR's this summer.
And I will run him in some Derby's here in WI, @ WATKC.

I pointed out your misspelling of your profession because you keep calling someone else stupid.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Hoax & Chains.......

rk

I am mainly interested in running Field Trials so I do not think I have done a nice job. I am hoping Mac can get FC/AFC. I got the TCRC into the grounds that I train on and I keep up the 360 acres there by myself. With limited training time (usually only weekends) and the fact that none of the TCRC run field trials, I usually train by myself and the dogs do not get to see different training grounds even though there is a lot of land to train on there is only 1 big pond and can do just so many different setups before having to repeat. There are 2 smaller ponds but even so, you can only do so much before having to set up repeat marks and blinds which is why I probably have not excelled in field trials.

I do not know what a NAHRA trial consists of, I have never entered one of those trials.

Gerry Clinchy
12-23-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/23/health/23ucla.html?th&emc=th
NY Times

I get a sense that I'm seeing more articles in the NY Times that may be critical of the present administration's positions on issues. Perhaps my imagination?

However, this article is critical of the study being used to determine which hospitals should get how much in Medicare payments.

It might appear that the Dartmouth study being critiqued actually attempted to make a case for spending less $ ... since it didn't bother to count the numbers of lives that were saved; only the ones lost after 6 months.

For the 71-yr old heart patient mentioned, although many tests were done, the actual treatment that helped him was probably less expensive over the long haul than the heart transplant with the follow-up care that would have required (drugs, etc). And he walked out of the hospital.

M&K's Retrievers
12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Sounds great when it's someone else.

Gerry Clinchy
12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/29/health/policy/29health.html?th&emc=th

Doesn't sound like they'll be helping the Medicare problem very much. After getting through all the gobbledigook accounting, the final two paragraphs may be all we need to know:

If the savings in the Senate bill are achieved, Mr. Foster said, they would add nine years to the life of Medicare’s hospital trust fund, so it would be exhausted in 2026, rather than 2017.

But, Mr. Foster said, some of the estimated savings “may be unrealistic” because they assume increases in productivity that can probably not be attained by hospitals, nursing homes and home health agencies.

I think those last two paragraphs mean ... "it probably isn't going to work out that well."

Gerry Clinchy
01-09-2010, 07:51 AM
NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com:80/2010/01/09/business/09union.html?th&emc=th

The unions are now ticked off because they might get impacted by the proposed tax on high-end health insurance policies. The proposed tax is on plans over $8500 for individuals & over $23,000 for families. That $23,000 for families means a cost of $2000/month. That has to be one very deluxe plan. It is estimated that 1 in 4 union workers would be impacted by those limits. Wow! It would appear that 25% of union workers get one heck of a health plan.

Now the unions are all in a twist over a provision that would affect 25% of their members. Uh ... what about the other 75%? The unions are planning a call-in campaign to legislators (sound something like what the "tea-baggers" do?) to urge them to vote against this tax.

Here's what confuses me. There are excise taxes on luxury cars and boats. I don't believe that a $50,000 SUV counts in the "luxury" category, yet it's certainly more than "basic" transportation for most people. Supposedly you can afford a luxury car, then you can also afford the tax. Owning a car has not, to my knowledge, ever been presumed a "right", and I would agree (though if you live outside an area with public transportation, it is pretty much a necessity).

If the reasoning for health care reform is something everyone is entitled to, how come a better plan is considered the same as a luxury car? I don't know that there is any special tax on an extravagant home. There's no excise tax on extravagant foods. Are housing, food and health care the same? or different? when we're talking about what are considered life essentials?

If they raise the max on families to $27,000 that will reduce the union workers affected to 1 in 14 ... 7% v. 25% affected. BTW, the "tax" would provide $149 billion of cost offset if the cap remains as currently proposed. $50 billion of that would disappear if the cap is raised to $27,000. (that's over the 10 years being used as the deficit impact)

To keep such impact neutral, will that mean that payments to doctors and hospitals have to be negotiated lower? Or will the cost of coverage have to be raised for everybody else to keep the unions happy?

The longer this legislation gets debated & negotiated, the more loopholes and exceptions get included. Anyone for guessing that, ultimately, this health care reform "code" will look like the Federal income tax code? Hundreds of thousands of pages to make it functional? And incomprehensible to most of the citizens.

Uncle Bill
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Gerry sez, "...And incomprehensible to most of the citizens."

But you must understand, Gerry, this entire fiasco is like Global Warming....NEVER intended to resolve a problem, ONLY designed to bring more power to the liberal/socialists running the nation.

Healthcare is just a misnomer for making the sheeple indebted to their messiah, and the oligarchy is strengthened.

UB

M&K's Retrievers
01-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Might I suggest that the number of uninsureds will likely increase under this "plan" as many currently insured (individuals and employers) will opt out of insurance coverage and pay the penalty/fine only to buy insurance when an illness is diagnosed. This adverse selection will inturn make it impossible for insurance companies-should I say the remaining insurance companies-to charge enough to make a profit.