PDA

View Full Version : **Please Read I did search on this topic**Zinger & Gunners Up Specific Questions

Otter22
12-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I know this have been discussed and I've exhausted google, and the search function here. I'm just nervous about spending my money and not getting what would be best.

Questions:
1. How hard / complicated is it to load these two wingers?
2. Is one easier than the other?
3. I've seen some posts that say the Gunners Up release was better but don't know anything about it, can someone explain the two to me?
4. Are both all welded now?
5. Has anyone done something like the bango brid for bumper boys like sending something out shooting it for your dog to retrieve?

Electronic Questions:
1. Which Release has a more realistic sound?
2. Can a e-collar remote that has an accessory button (like the pro controls) work on a winger?

Thank you for the time you took to read this and any response. If you feel better pm'ing me or e-mailing me I understand and thank you for that effort as well. ( aaron.w.leighton@gmail.com )

Aaron

mlp
12-25-2009, 08:35 PM
All I can tell you is I have two ZW's and really like them. I have the Dogtra electronics. The sounds are pretty good.

Ken Bora
12-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm just nervous about spending my money
Aaron
you sure stumbled into the wrong hobby :rolleyes:

badbullgator
12-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I have mostly GU’s but a couple ZW too

1. My 9 year old nephew loads them with no problem. I have trained with many new folks and women and all have been able to load them with no problem after showing them once .
2. NO
3. I like the GU release better, but not enough difference to worry about
4. Yes both are wielded
5. Don’t waste your time. Wingers are what every serious dog trainer ends up with. Might as well start there

Electronics

1. Don’t worry about the sound. Dogtra I guess has more “realistic” sound but both work very well and my preference is Tri Tronics. The dogs get use to the tone in a hurry.
2. I don’t know the answer to this question. Pro Controls run the releases, but I don’t know about a collar. I don’t think I would like my releases on the same remote as my collars, too much room for error. I would hate to burn a dog instead of release a bird or vise versa. Much easier for me to keep the TT release hanging around my neck on the lanyard and my collar remote in my pocket.

I lean prefer GU’s personally. They come from OK and ZW comes from Canada although both are made in China. GU has GREAT customer service and is a huge supporter of HRC and a number of clubs, and events. It is really six of one and a half dozen of the other as far as how they are built, but GU’s service and price puts them way over the top for me.