PDA

View Full Version : Two al Qaeda Leaders Behind Northwest Flight 253 Terror Plot Were Released by U.S.

Eric Johnson
12-29-2009, 12:03 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/men-believed-northwest-airlines-plot-set-free/story?id=9434065

http://tinyurl.com/y9pee65

By BRIAN ROSS, JOSEPH RHEE and REHAB EL-BURI
Dec. 28, 2009

Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007, according to American officials and Department of Defense documents. Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the Northwest bombing in a Monday statement that vowed more attacks on Americans.

(Reuters/U.S. Marshal's Service)American officials agreed to send the two terrorists from Guantanamo to Saudi Arabia where they entered into an "art therapy rehabilitation program" and were set free, according to U.S. and Saudi officials.

-more-

dixidawg
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Magnificent!

What's next when all those other innocent Gitmo residents are set free when it closes?

Julie R.
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Don't forget the ones that aren't set free will be living in deluxe, brand-new housing in Illinois so Bongo boy can reward his cronies that were expecting some Olympic-sized gifts....I wonder if the suites will be reconfigured so they all face towards the Mecca?

Roger Perry
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't forget the ones that aren't set free will be living in deluxe, brand-new housing in Illinois so Bongo boy can reward his cronies that were expecting some Olympic-sized gifts....I wonder if the suites will be reconfigured so they all face towards the Mecca?

Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007,

At least they will be locked up and not be freed by Dumbya to attack the USA again.

road kill
12-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November, 2007,

At least they will be locked up and not be freed by Dumbya to attack the USA again.

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!:D

K G
12-29-2009, 06:54 PM
I'll bet Bush 43 personally unlocked the door....just like BHO caused the almost-disaster with Delta/Northwest Airlines....

You good with that comparison, Roger?

kg

subroc
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Obviously obama was willing to live with a system put in place by the last administration even though he knew it was flawed and he had a better way. But, he was either incapable of doing better, failed to do better, didn't have the time to do better, is not competent enough to do better or he believes that the risk of failure is easily blamed on the last administration.

I expect Roger could explain it all to us as long as the end result is to blame two term President George W. Bush.

Roger Perry
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll bet Bush 43 personally unlocked the door....just like BHO caused the almost-disaster with Delta/Northwest Airlines....

You good with that comparison, Roger?

kg

I guess we could always throw another trillion or two into homeland security.

K G
12-29-2009, 09:15 PM

Considering what our national debt is now, what's one or two trillion more...and you didn't answer my question....

kg

Eric Johnson
12-29-2009, 11:08 PM

Nah. Senator Dodd would just divert the money to his union supporters.

"Sen. Dodd, D-Conn., slashed aviation security funding for pet constituency
By: Mark Hemingway
Commentary Staff Writer
12/28/09 12:24 PM EST

Now that our attention is focused on airline security measures thanks to the failed airline attack on Christmas Day, it's worth mentioning that one senator took money away from aviation security to line the pockets of a constituency that supported his presidential campaign in a big way."

Eric

Gerry Clinchy
12-30-2009, 07:59 AM
REGARDLESS of who is responsible, clearly

1) Airline security measures are flawed;
2) The process for releasing prisoners from Gitmo appears flawed.

Those who are in a position NOW to correct these flaws should take prompt and appropriate action to correct the flaws.

It seems like homeland security "reacts" to each new approach to terrorism. Should they not be "anticipating" instead?

All the $ for health care insurance could not have helped over 3000 victims of 9-11, and the govt made provision for those who had residual effects. Global warming did not take those lives either.

Eric Johnson
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Gerry-

I'm not particularly interested in blame except for those who have demonstrated incompetence.

However, I will take issue with one of your points, The airlines aren't responsible for security. That's the responsibility of the Federal Gov't. The airlines have no more responsibility than you or I. The staff may be more knowlegable and have more exposure to the folks than we have. However, they don't have any real responsiblity that I can see.

Eric

Gerry Clinchy
12-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Eric, I agree with you ... it would be Homeland Security that should be the responsible entity. Obviously, the intelligence community screwed up. They had info & they did nothing with it.

OTOH, I would think that the airlines would also be wanting to protect their assets as well. Those big airplanes are not cheap, and our society being what it is, somebody (or several of them) would likely be suing the airline involved ... since they'd have a hard time suing Homeland Security.

Eric Johnson
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
The airlines don't have the resources to do the job. Where would they get the data? However, if we adopt profiling as a piece of the puzzle, they could do it that.

Eric

subroc
12-30-2009, 08:24 PM
...if we adopt profiling as a piece of the puzzle...

well, you can’t use tall, short, man, woman, blond hair, black hair, brown hair, African American, Caucasian, Asian, Latin, Middle Eastern, brown eyes, green eyes, blue eyes, fat, thin, can't describe any handicap otherwise you are profiling. But you can use all or any those things to segregate when determining how to apply for any government largess.

We live in a bizarro world.