PDA

View Full Version : "Fellow Travelers"

road kill
12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Do any of you remember the term??

Do we have any "Fellow Travelers" for terrorists, Al Queada, Jihadist Muslims today??

Just askin'.......rhetorical question.

rk

YardleyLabs
12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
If we define fellow travelers as those who hate America's freedoms and do all they can to undermine them, then Senator Joe McCarthy and his friends from HUAC would certainly head my list. Today, if I were to look for the comparable fellow travelers, I would look to our own version of Christian "Jihadists", those who seek some form of holy war against Islam.

road kill
12-30-2009, 07:08 PM
If we define fellow travelers as those who hate America's freedoms and do all they can to undermine them, then Senator Joe McCarthy and his friends from HUAC would certainly head my list. Today, if I were to look for the comparable fellow travelers, I would look to our own version of Christian "Jihadists", those who seek some form of holy war against Islam.

I am shocked that one as highly educated as you would not know the origins of the phrase.

For reference, McCarthy did not coin the phrase.
("The term fellow traveler or fellow traveller (see American and British English spelling differences) refers to a person who sympathizes with the beliefs of an organization or cooperates in its activities without maintaining formal membership in that particular group.")
It appears it was a term coined during the early Russian revolution.
But then you knew that and hoped that I didn't.

And you danced around the question........as I expected.

Anyone care to answer the question??

rk

YardleyLabs
12-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I know the source and meaning of the phrase well, and I also know where in our history it had its most vicious use. McCarthyism was one of the ugliest pieces of our national heritage. There are those who would like nothing better than to drag us back into that same mud again. In my personal opinion, such people represent the antithesis of all that has made America great.

road kill
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
I know the source and meaning of the phrase well, and I also know where in our history it had its most vicious use. McCarthyism was one of the ugliest pieces of our national heritage. There are those who would like nothing better than to drag us back into that same mud again. In my personal opinion, such people represent the antithesis of all that has made America great.

And, by definition, there may well be some who are "Fellow Travelers."

Aren't there?

rk

zeus3925
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
And, by definition, there may well be some who are "Fellow Travelers."

Aren't there?

rk

Look under your bed for the answer. I bet there is nothing but moldy cheese curds there.

code3retrievers
12-30-2009, 08:07 PM

I feel sad for you! Your vision of the world is completely distorted and obscene.

YardleyLabs
12-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I feel sad for you! Your vision of the world is completely distorted and obscene.
About McCarthy or about Muslim and Christian radicals that think holy wars make sense?

road kill
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Look under your bed for the answer. I bet there is nothing but moldy cheese curds there.
Classy, very classy!!

But I expected nothing less!!

Still......no answer to the question.

rk

dnf777
12-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Still......no answer.

rk

I think those in the Soviet Union who still cling to Cold War mentality probably do not shed a tear when the US falls victim to terror. There are many who would consider Saudi Arabia a "fellow traveller", although I would tend to place them as full-fledged participants, since they wrote the checks for much of the terror networks. I'm sure I just got put on a list somewhere with that comment.

Is that what you were looking for?

subroc
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I believe Saddam Hussein was a fellow traveler of the Palestinians with his $25,000.00 payoffs for terrorism and bombings until we ended his reign and his free people hung him.

K G
12-30-2009, 08:46 PM

Who are the "Christian radicals" you speak of Jeff? Not your opinion....cold, hard facts, please.

You hung it out there....you get to own it.

kg

Captain Mike D
12-30-2009, 08:50 PM
If we define fellow travelers as those who hate America's freedoms and do all they can to undermine them, then many conservative minds would consider the progressive caucus of the Democrat party to be Fellow Travelers

A group following the teachings of a Marxist determined to undermine the roots of our constitution by pushing entitlements and control by the federal government of society that was never intended by the framers.
One can only hope that Americans will squirm around in their chairs long enough to pop this festering pimple on our countries ass

Marvin S
12-30-2009, 09:31 PM

Have a Bad Day? Your comments make you come off as being just a little "Pink".

Senator McCarthy was a good friend of & admired by Joseph Kennedy, in fact I read somewhere that he was a frequent guest at the compound & companion to one of the Kennedy daughters. Teddy could have learned something from the Senator.

But Communism was a great problem within our government at the time, maybe it still is, so Senator McCarthy apparently did a national service in a time of need. But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

& did not the good people of WI elect Senator McCarthy, so they would be the perpetrators. ;-)

subroc
12-30-2009, 10:18 PM
I expect Jeff honestly believes there is no difference between Radical Islam and a born again Christian.

dnf777
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
I expect Jeff honestly believes there is no difference between Radical Islam and a born again Christian.

Nice change of words there. You compare radicals to mainstream Christians. Why not compare radical Islamists to radical Christians? There are a few of them out there, ya know. They make the news now and then, just like radical Islamists, except they tend to strike here at home. Olympic Park, Altlanta? OK Fed bldg? I don't think anyone here has a problem with anyone practicing their religion anyway they want......so long as it doesn't involve flying planes into buildings or blowing up medical clinics or recreation facilities!

YardleyLabs
12-31-2009, 07:17 AM
I have zero problems with born again Christians and count a number among my friends. Those that I know define their religion in terms of an accepting love and respect for others and seem satisfied to leave judgment in God's hands. They have also been charitable in all aspects of their lives -- whether it be tithing no matter how much or little they had, or simply in giving of themselves to help others in need. I have no problem with anyone who builds their life around values of charity and compassion. But then I, like Muslims, and Jews and some Christians, believe that the measure of a person is how they live their life, not what they purport to believe.

Hew
12-31-2009, 07:18 AM
OK Fed bldg?
Just curioius, but how does Timothy McVeigh's agnosticism relate to his crime? Or did you just assume he was Christian and just assume that Christianity had something to do with it? In either/both cases you'd be incorrect.

code3retrievers
12-31-2009, 08:00 AM
About McCarthy or about Muslim and Christian radicals that think holy wars make sense?

Your view on Christians. I would like you to name the Christian radicals?

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands.

Over time I am getting a better picture of your world views. It is obvious to me that you are intolerant of Christians.

The only radical Christians I have ever met are the ones that show up at my door asking if I know Jesus. Scary!

I guess its OK to be a bigot if you are on the left.

wheelhorse
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
But Communism was a great problem within our government at the time, maybe it still is, so Senator McCarthy apparently did a national service in a time of need. But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

Wow. That right there is scary. I can't believe that anyone really believes that McCarthy eventually did anything but harm what Americans stand for. He ended up being a power hungry tyrannt, which is definitely not what we stand for.

YardleyLabs
12-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Have a Bad Day? Your comments make you come off as being just a little "Pink".
And comments like that come off as being just a little boorish and maybe even "McCarthyist".

Senator McCarthy was a good friend of & admired by Joseph Kennedy, in fact I read somewhere that he was a frequent guest at the compound & companion to one of the Kennedy daughters. Teddy could have learned something from the Senator.

& did not the good people of WI elect Senator McCarthy, so they would be the perpetrators. ;-)
It was actually Bobby Kennedy, not Teddy, who was most fascinated with McCarthy and Roy Cohn. I think it appealed to the bully streak in him -- a characteristic noted by many while Bobby served as Attorney General under his brother.

McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV.

road kill
12-31-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow. That right there is scary. I can't believe that anyone really believes that McCarthy eventually did anything but harm what Americans stand for. He ended up being a power hungry tyrannt, which is definitely not what we stand for.

Thank God there are none of those around anymore!!:D

rk

road kill
12-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Mr. Yardley said;

"McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV."

Some of these sound vaguely familiar.

Emanuel, Axelrod and President Obama (24/7 TV star).

Just sayin!!

rk

YardleyLabs
12-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Mr. Yardlet said;

"McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV."

Some of these sound vaguely familiar.

Emanuel, Axelrod and President Obama (24/7 TV star).

Just sayin!!

rk
Do you have examples of people that have been publicly and personally attacked by Rahm or Obama to destroy their reputations and lives?

road kill
12-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Do you have examples of people that have been publicly and personally attacked by Rahm or Obama to destroy their reputations and lives?

Puhlease.....

How about President Bush, on a daily basis, just for a start.:D

(please ask for more!)

rk

dnf777
12-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Let's compare, it seem Christians are woefully lacking in any kind of military training. These simpletons who kill at abortion clinics in the name of god need some lessons in military tactics. Perhaps they could attend one of the many camps all over the world that train muslims to kill in the name of Allah.
Walt

My religion does not promote violence in the name of ANY God. No religion should run military camps, but history has shown just about all major religions have done so.

K G
12-31-2009, 10:22 AM

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands.

Over time I am getting a better picture of your world views. It is obvious to me that you are intolerant of Christians.

The only radical Christians I have ever met are the ones that show up at my door asking if I know Jesus. Scary!

Good luck with that, code3....now he's been asked twice and STILL no answer....:rolleyes:.....typical OTA comments from Jeff.....;-)

kg

Pals
12-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Here and now. In the moment. Today.

Give me a break Dave, bringing up the crusades again? Why just yesterday at my bible study we were talking about running off to Nevada to join the "Crusades for Christ-kill em all let God sort them out"- group. What a joke. Still waiting for the example of the radical extreme christain groups running around blowing up Air Arab planes, burning down mosques and such things that are happening in our life time-right now. I don't discount history, I respect it. Not use it as some lame brain argument to justify why Islamic extremists hate us. Pretty darn sure not a single one of the terrorist loony tunes was personally beat up by any crusaders. There are fringe elements in any religion, that use their 'belief' as a reason to do EVIL deeds. The biggest problem with Islam is that the fringe loonies are running the show. Period.

Right now I'm dealing with a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim man stalking my 20 year old daughter. He is a frickin fruit cake and what an experience his 'beliefs' have been for us. While you may think that "trying to reason with people on this list" is like dealing with the islamic extremists-you don't have to worry about one of 'right wingers' on here blowing up your house.

Pete
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM
I think we should allow middle eastern folks to come and go freely back and forth to the US A few little restrictions would keep us totally safe and we can learn alot in the mean time

First strip down every middle eastern person,and stack them up on top of each other necked at the back of the plane. Inject a GPS chip up their ass as a prerequisit.
Have an US air marshall keep a gun pointed at them at all times,,, and no one moves not even to use the bathroom.

I think this will make the friendly skys a safe place to be.

radical christian terrorist reguards

Pete

JDogger
12-31-2009, 11:04 AM

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. It's called the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands. I'll call BS on this last statement

Have you looked in the mirror lately?

JDogger
12-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Good luck with that, code3....now he's been asked twice and STILL no answer....:rolleyes:.....typical OTA comments from Jeff.....;-)

kg

Now that's whiney, KG;-)

dnf777
12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
Here and now. In the moment. Today.

I don't discount history, I respect it.

Sounds like discounting to me.

To point to today, some, (not me) believe that our occupation of Muslim countries by our troops is a form of Christian terror. That the thousands of tons of bombs dropped in the Middle East that killed Taliban and civilians alike was a form of religious/ethnic attacks. Before you flame me, let me reiterate, I do not believe that, but many others in the world see it that way. When the lies of WMDs was revealed, that did not help our justification for invading a soverign nation. Just because we don't agree, doesn't make the problem go away. My whole point was that saying everything they do is because "they hate freedom" is ignoring the problem, and missing possible solutions. Go ahead and attack my Patriotism, even my service to country, but the simple observations stand true.

K G
12-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Now that's whiney, KG;-)

If being "whiney" is asking a man to stand by his statements, then so be it...;-)

kg

code3retrievers
12-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Have you looked in the mirror lately?

Do you actually have a point?

Not that you ever do.

So you think the war in Afganistan is a Christain war against Muslims? If so you are truely clueless. In case you have not noticed we were attacked on 9/11 but of course your liberal thinking is, we deserved it and caused it so we are the aggressors.

You call BS, site any source

Here is one

Experts estimate that only about 15% of Muslims are radical Islamists or Jihadists. It is not clear on what data this estimate might be based. In Egypt, the Muslim brotherhood enjoys the electoral support of about 20% of the population, though it is officially banned. In Lebanon, a very large minority or even a majority support the Shia Hezbollah. In other countries, support varies and is more difficult to determine. Non-Islamists may support an Islamist party because they agree with some of its goals, or because they do not see an alternative, or they may demonstrate for an anti-hero like Osama Bin Laden even if they do not really want to have a Sharia government in their own country. Opponents of Islamism are not always more "moderate."

There is a estimate of 1.3 billion muslims, do the math. Even if only 7% are radical that still leaves millions and lets say only 7% of those are radical enough to fight and kill your family that still leaves over 400,000

Clearly the numbers can not be confirmed but they are large.

Now go take your BS somewhere else but first open your sorry liberal eyes to the real world!

Marvin S
12-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Kathleen, I asked who was falsely accused & who was shown to be what the good Senator accused them of being? When you answer that then we can have a discussion of what this country stands for. :cool:

And comments like that come off as being just a little boorish and maybe even "McCarthyist".

Apparently I worked in a tougher world than you did as I did not find the Senator out of line but do find you to be sounding less than appreciative of the principles of this country.

scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV.

Ike was a go with the flow apple polisher who rose to the top (The Politician) - it should not come as a surprise that someone aggressively questioning an alleged Commie might bother him.

I don't think Senator McCarthy's spiritual heirs bother you as much as the fact that they are reinforcing that you have the IQ of an "Elk Hunter" for supporting the Messiah.

But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

Jeff & Kathleen - I just ask that you answer the above question, or is that too hard? ;-)

Have a Happy New Year!!!!!:):)

Pete
01-01-2010, 01:30 AM
What nobody give me a pat on the back for my brilliant idea
JD, Rodger,Henry, fellow christian terrorists,,, anybody :p

Happy and healthy New year and may all your terrorists self destuct

Pete

Terry Britton
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM

Hasn't recent release of information on those McCarthy accused along with the fears about Hollywood turned out to be true?

http://www.senatormccarthy.com/

If we look back in the files on international Communist subversion, we will see the successes the KGB achieved. In Britain, the legendary Kim Philby was not only a senior member of MI6 and an advisor to the fledging CIA, but a KGB general as well; in France, Charles Pathe, another KGB spy, had his very own cabinet ministers; and in Italy, where the Communists nearly achieved political power through the Moscow-trained Palmiro Togiliatti, America spent millions to reverse early defeats of democracy.

In Germany, their second chancellor after World War II, Social Democrat Willie Brandt, had been recruited by Moscow while still in exile during the Nazi years and did his best for the East. Willie was cute -- he also sold himself to the CIA.

And yet, these same files show no hideous Russian success in the United States. This tells us the KGB was afraid of Joe McCarthy. Sure, there were spies, but Moscow realized that to use the Communist Party for espionage with McCarthy in the Senate would spell disaster. And that, in turn, tells us his objective to protect the United States Constitution - and the people it was written for -- was successful.

http://www.orwelltoday.com/mccarthytruth.shtml

YardleyLabs
01-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Kathleen, I asked who was falsely accused & who was shown to be what the good Senator accused them of being? When you answer that then we can have a discussion of what this country stands for. :cool:

Apparently I worked in a tougher world than you did as I did not find the Senator out of line but do find you to be sounding less than appreciative of the principles of this country.

You might have more fun trying to find anyone that McCarthy "convicted". That was not his style. Everywhere he went he carried "lists" naming people he said were known communists. He never showed these lists to anyone and no lists have been found since his death. Instead, he used their supposed existence to accuse organizations of being infiltrated and to initiate hearings demanding that people prove their innocence of crimes for which they were never charged. Careers were destroyed because people failed to attend church or failed to join the Boy Scouts. Lost in the discussion was the fact that even the nuggets of truth "discovered" were not about crimes or even things that had been done in secret. Did someone attend a meeting with a socialist or communist speaker while in college? Was someone briefly active in the socialist party or a "socialist " organization in the 1930's? These were not crimes. Broader and broader brushes were used to paint more and more organizations as subversive. My own father failed his twice per year lie detector test. On investigation, it was determined that he had probably been reacting subconsciously to stories run in the Knoxville News Sentinel labeling the Unitarian Church, of which my father was a member, as a Communist organization. Thousands were blackballed and driven from their jobs and even homes. Being driven to alcoholic suicide was too kind a punishment for the political terror campaign that McCarthy waged against American freedom. Facts and reason were never part of McCarthy's strategy because they would bhave been too limiting. Instead, McCarthy relied solely on lies, innuendo and fear, relying ultimately on his ability to accuse any who disagreed with him or his methods as Communist enablers themselves. Our forefathers would not have recognized McCarthy as an American. Instead, he would have represented the tyranny of the Star Chamber and the religious persecution which they sought to escape by coming here in the first place.

Hasn't recent release of information on those McCarthy accused along with the fears about Hollywood turned out to be true?

http://www.senatormccarthy.com/

No. The Venona Project files that you are talking about contained 349 names of people that were being investigated, some of whom might have been engaged in covert activities against the US. About half of the names were never actually linked to real people and most of the rest were never released because of privacy concerns. Those people were all known in the early 1950's. Thousands of people were accused of communist ties. In fact in one speech in 1950, McCarthy claimed to have a list of more than 200 people who were known communists in government -- more than the total number of actual people on the venona project lists. Based on that, it is hard to see how anyone could claim now that those files validate McCarthy's broad brush accusations.

The best equivalent I can think of to McCarthyism would be if liberals, who (as we know) now control everything, began a campaign in which anyone who has ever expressed sympathy for secession, or discussed overthrowing the government, or attended "tea parties" at which speeches were given along those lines, was brought before Congress to prove their loyalty, and blackballed professionally if they were unsuccessful.

EDIT:
Just to show the inane but treacherous absurdity of McCarthy attacks... In the Army hearing, in the interchange with Welch to which I posted a link, McCarthy was attacking Welch for employing a person who once attended meetings of the National Lawyers Guild, which McCarthy describes as a Communist front. In fact, no one ever showed any reason whatsoever to believe that the NLG was linked to Communism or Socialism. The organization continues to exist today. It was formed as a progressive organization that was the first to include black attorneys in its membership. It focused on civil rights issues and supported Roosevelt's New Deal programs. It also supported the war effort and came out in favor of the internment of Japanese descendants during the war. The Federalist Society is at least as radical it its own way as the NLG ever was.

YardleyLabs
01-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by code3retrievers http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=543873#post543873)

Good luck with that, code3....now he's been asked twice and STILL no answer....:rolleyes:.....typical OTA comments from Jeff.....:wink:

kg

kg
My apologies for shirking my posting responsibilities while celebrating the New Year. One doesn't have to troll very far into the right wing blogosphere to find those who equate Muslims in general with the actions of of the jihadists and to find those who assert that we are already engaged in a holy war whether we recognize it or not and recommend that our military act accordingly. It is more disturbing to find similar comments from idiots like my own former Senator, Rick Santorum and from similarly minded members of the republican caucus. We also hear it from the fools of Fox News and the media evangelists of the religious right. Chief among the latter are Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who campaigned in support of Serbia during the war in Kosuvo because of their view that we needed to support our Christian brothers rather than the Muslim enemy. Those would all qualify as fellow travelers for hate in my mind.

Julie R.
01-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Wow, I'm so glad to know the Hussein administration's oh-so PC muzzie coddling is alive and well at RTF, too. Heaven forbid there might be evil Christians lurking here to aid in the cause of suicide bombing missions against mosques or Al Jazeera or ArabAir, or any other mayhem and mischief against the peaceful true believers of Islam.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_SARCASM.gif

Yardley: ... our own version of Christian "Jihadists", those who seek some form of holy war against Islam.

dnf777: Why not compare radical Islamists to radical Christians? There are a few of them out there, ya know. They make the news now and then, just like radical Islamists, except they tend to strike here at home. Olympic Park, Altlanta? OK Fed bldg?

JDogger in response to code3retrievers:

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. JDog answered: It's called the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands. JDog answered: I'll call BS on this last statement

I don't know whether to bitch slap or pray for Hugh after he told code3 to look in the mirror to see a Christian terrorist.
Switched to the good Middle East stuff for your hookah JD?
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:-bSQrzaM60212M:http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV092/200474441-001.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV092/200474441-001.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/substance-abuse.html&usg=__gfwPTGGSSvhRJ5gWtK5GzfpKwaM=&h=170&w=131&sz=15&hl=en&start=16&um=1&tbnid=-bSQrzaM60212M:&tbnh=99&tbnw=76&prev=/images?q%3Dclipart%2Bdrug%2Bparaphernalia%2Bmariju ana%2Bleaf%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

But I do agree with him calling BS on one thing: the well financed, well organized and highly motivated radical Muslims don't number in the 100s of thousands unless you're only talking about the ones already on U.S. soil; they number in the MILLIONS. Hell we hire them as prison chaplains in the U.S., imagine how many true believers they recruit on a daily basis?

And Pete, you rock! Your post was the best thing about this whole thread. It might be a bit too extreme for some, but frankly I think the muzzie coddling has gone overboard. We can't call them terrorists, we ignore warning signs because we might be accused of racial profiling, we buy brand new prisons for them so they'll have every convenience and won't have to be stuck on some commie jungle island so far from Mecca, we try them in our civil courts, and we subject grandmothers and little boys to strip searches because they want to blow up more planes.

I say we start forming a militia right away to enact Pete's plan.
GUNS TO THE CHRISTIANS!!

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gif
NOTE TO ALL ANALYSTS of electronic, snake charmed and drum beaten social media: THIS POST IS INTENDED AS A JOKE!

K G
01-01-2010, 08:52 PM
My apologies for shirking my posting responsibilities while celebrating the New Year. One doesn't have to troll very far into the right wing blogosphere to find those who equate Muslims in general with the actions of of the jihadists and to find those who assert that we are already engaged in a holy war whether we recognize it or not and recommend that our military act accordingly. It is more disturbing to find similar comments from idiots like my own former Senator, Rick Santorum and from similarly minded members of the republican caucus. We also hear it from the fools of Fox News and the media evangelists of the religious right. Chief among the latter are Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who campaigned in support of Serbia during the war in Kosuvo because of their view that we needed to support our Christian brothers rather than the Muslim enemy. Those would all qualify as fellow travelers for hate in my mind.

Whatever credibility you had on POTUS PLACE just went to zero, Jeff. This "answer" doesn't even remotely back up your accusations.

Sad.

kg

Hew
01-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Chief among the latter are Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who campaigned in support of Serbia during the war in Kosuvo because of their view that we needed to support our Christian brothers rather than the Muslim enemy. Those would all qualify as fellow travelers for hate in my mind.
Hmmm...I didn't recall that. Looked into and found in 2006 where they were aligning themselves with the Serbian Orthodox Church in opposition to an independent Kosovo. That's a far cry, however, from declaring their support for Serbian claims during that rather nasty war in Kosovo. I'm not saying you're wrong; I just don't have any recollection of them supporting the Serbs. I don't have a recollection of anyone (other than the usual suspects of scumbaggery) supporting the Serbs.

JDogger
01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow, I'm so glad to know the Hussein administration's oh-so PC muzzie coddling is alive and well at RTF, too. Heaven forbid there might be evil Christians lurking here to aid in the cause of suicide bombing missions against mosques or Al Jazeera or ArabAir, or any other mayhem and mischief against the peaceful true believers of Islam.

Yardley: ... our own version of Christian "Jihadists", those who seek some form of holy war against Islam.

dnf777: Why not compare radical Islamists to radical Christians? There are a few of them out there, ya know. They make the news now and then, just like radical Islamists, except they tend to strike here at home. Olympic Park, Altlanta? OK Fed bldg?

JDogger in response to code3retrievers:

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. JDog answered: It's called the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands. JDog answered: I'll call BS on this last statement

I don't know whether to bitch slap or pray for Hugh after he told code3 to look in the mirror to see a Christian terrorist.
Switched to the good Middle East stuff for your hookah JD?
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:-bSQrzaM60212M:http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV092/200474441-001.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/DGV/DGV092/200474441-001.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/substance-abuse.html&usg=__gfwPTGGSSvhRJ5gWtK5GzfpKwaM=&h=170&w=131&sz=15&hl=en&start=16&um=1&tbnid=-bSQrzaM60212M:&tbnh=99&tbnw=76&prev=/images?q%3Dclipart%2Bdrug%2Bparaphernalia%2Bmariju ana%2Bleaf%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

But I do agree with him calling BS on one thing: the well financed, well organized and highly motivated radical Muslims don't number in the 100s of thousands unless you're only talking about the ones already on U.S. soil; they number in the MILLIONS. Hell we hire them as prison chaplains in the U.S., imagine how many true believers they recruit on a daily basis?

And Pete, you rock! Your post was the best thing about this whole thread. It might be a bit too extreme for some, but frankly I think the muzzie coddling has gone overboard. We can't call them terrorists, we ignore warning signs because we might be accused of racial profiling, we buy brand new prisons for them so they'll have every convenience and won't have to be stuck on some commie jungle island so far from Mecca, we try them in our civil courts, and we subject grandmothers and little boys to strip searches because they want to blow up more planes.

GUNS TO THE CHRISTIANS!!

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gifhttp://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/th_Army.gif
NOTE TO ALL ANALYSTS of electronic, snake charmed and drum beaten social media: THIS POST IS INTENDED AS A JOKE!

Recently seen at Julie's gate....;

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/lovethyneighbor.jpg
I should have made myself clearer.
'nuff said, JD

M&K's Retrievers
01-04-2010, 12:49 AM

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/ljockey.jpg

nuff said, JD

Seems as if you have easy access to this photo....

road kill
01-04-2010, 08:02 AM

I removed the offensive picture!!

nuff said, JD

I call foul.
A very dirty tactic, which is representative of the leftys and secular progressives way.

Now I know who & what Jdogger is.

Way out of line!!

rk

subroc
01-04-2010, 08:15 AM
JD is a loathsome creature. If you disagree with him he has the gall to try to brand you a racist. If anyone is a racist it is him. He has the image on a web site that he maintains. I expect he must post this on a regular basis. He must get a real charge out of perpetuating racism in the United States. Typical liberal.

Pete
01-04-2010, 08:17 AM

GUNS TO THE CHRISTIANS

Maby they can make me their leader in the stradagy department and theyll let me sit in on the meetings wearing a funny hat.

I have all kinds of great idea.s Juli we can get these problem solved tomarro:p In time for lunch I'll buy the booze and we'll hand out missle launchers as party gifts.

Pete

YardleyLabs
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I call foul.
A very dirty tactic, which is representative of the leftys and secular progressives way.

Now I know who & what Jdogger is.

Way out of line!!

rk
Actually, I think anyone using the term "muzzie coddling" doesn't need any help to be labeled.

JDogger
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Wrong image...this better?

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/pauly_cy/gibbs20lawn20jockey.jpg

JD

Hoosier
01-05-2010, 12:34 PM

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/ljockey.jpg

nuff said, JD

Good lord JDog I'm surprised you didn't photoshop in a crack pipe. I think you just showed your true colors.

JDogger
01-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Good lord JDog I'm surprised you didn't photoshop in a crack pipe. I think you just showed your true colors.

No. The images of Obama with bongs and crack pipes are someone else's speciality. :rolleyes:

I think you're just :???: , Tremayne.

JD

JDogger
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/lovethyneighbor.jpg
'nuff said, JD

I should have made myself clearer

badbullgator
01-05-2010, 02:26 PM

No pretty clear what you stand for and think. I don't think many here are shocked by it

Hoosier
01-05-2010, 02:50 PM

You seem to think your qualified to tell us what other people are thinking. How did you acquire this supernatural ability? Do you throw some chicken bones into a bowl and do a reading, or maybe float some leaves in some goats blood for your reading, could even shake a mojo bone.

More then likely though, you are projecting the way you feel about minorities onto others.

dnf777
01-05-2010, 03:07 PM
You seem to think your qualified to tell us what other people are thinking. How did you acquire this supernatural ability? Do you throw some chicken bones into a bowl and do a reading, or maybe float some leaves in some goats blood for your reading, could even shake a mojo bone.

More then likely though, you are projecting the way you feel about minorities onto others.

Hoosier,
I assure you that affliction is very common on this forum. I've have many thoughts, ideoligies, beliefs, and positions assigned to me, that were total news to me! I've even been told WHO I voted for! What happens, is people are categorized and labeled with certain ideologies, then the worst attributes of those goups are heaped on. My observation is that here, one is either a good, apple-pie eatin' hard-workin' ultra conservative Christian, or a godless, lazy, mooching, evil dreg of society not worthy of civil discussion. There are exceptions of course. ;-)

Just in case you missed it, you asked how he was qualified to tell others what they think...then one inch below, you say he's imposing on others how HE FEELS. Must be contagious?

Julie R.
01-05-2010, 03:07 PM

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/02/jocko.jpg
I should have made myself clearer.
'nuff said, JD

There...fixed it for those of you who didn't see it before JDog edited it 2 hrs. ago.

Now, ahem, who's the racist? Dawg, you know you went right out to your own yard to photograph your statue, and then chickened out when people started piling on you. Pantywaist!

Pete
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
More then likely though, you are projecting the way you feel about minorities onto others

Very perceptive

JDogger
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
No pretty clear what you stand for and think. I don't think many here are shocked by it

Good... you discerned, all on your own, that I am not a conservative, and that I may have beliefs contrary to your own.
Did you really expect to come here to RTF PP, just to have a good ole' boy, back slappin', rodeo?
I know who I am, and what I stand for. I expect that you do too. We're probably more similar than you care to admit.
Play the game and quit whining. I have a very thick skin. Grow one too.
I make mistakes, KG will let me know. I expect it...Ya know?

JD

JDogger
01-05-2010, 10:36 PM
There...fixed it for those of you who didn't see it before JDog edited it 2 hrs. ago.

Now, ahem, who's the racist? Dawg, you know you went right out to your own yard to photograph your statue, and then chickened out when people started piling on you. Pantywaist!

A red X is no fix Julie. Try again.

JD

K G
01-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I make mistakes, KG will let me know. I expect it...Ya know?

JD

Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't.....I probably shouldn't care at all.

But sometimes, you ask for it...;-) Then I'm happy to oblige...:cool:

kg

JDogger
01-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Very perceptive

Google lawn jockey's Pete. There is one there for you too. :p

JD

K G
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Naw.....I'll leave it alone......this time.....:cool:

kg

JDogger
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Naw.....I'll leave it alone......this time.....:cool:

kg

Why....?
Get out yer spellin' hat, kg. I said it's OK.

JD

K G
01-06-2010, 09:12 AM
"You want me on that wall...you need me on that wall...." ;-)

Discretion is the better part of valor regards,

kg

JDogger
01-06-2010, 09:58 AM
"You want me on that wall...you need me on that wall...." ;-)

Discretion is the better part of valor regards,

kg

Is that a self-comparison to Col. Nathan R. Jessup?

JD

Julie R.
01-06-2010, 10:52 AM
A red X is no fix Julie. Try again.

JD

Thanks for noticing the red X. It showed up fine yesterday, but in deference to your wishes, I fixed it. Not only that, the photo I found yesterday was similar, but not quite the same as the one you used. So I tried google earth and I zeroed right in on your yard.

http://tommcmahon.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/02/jocko.jpg

JDogger
01-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks for noticing the red X. It showed up fine yesterday, but in deference to your wishes, I fixed it. Not only that, the photo I found yesterday was similar, but not quite the same as the one you used. So I tried google earth and I zeroed right in on your yard.

Yup, google is where I found it too. Top of the first page. Now you can use it whenever you want, and I'm sure you will. Even though your buds RK and subroc found it offensive, I'm sure they will applaud your use of it.

I removed it when the joke had played out.

Will you?

It got me labeled a loathsome creature.

So... from one to another...regards,

JD

BTW I live in the desert. Does that look like the desert to you?

K G
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Is that a self-comparison to Col. Nathan R. Jessup?

JD

Metaphorically, of course....and only with regard to my choosing not to correct your misspelling of "jocky" which you corrected.

See? My work got done and I didn't need to do a thing...I'm so <sniff> proud! :razz:

kg

JDogger
01-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Metaphorically, of course....and only with regard to my choosing not to correct your misspelling of "jocky" which you corrected.

See? My work got done and I didn't need to do a thing...I'm so <sniff> proud! :razz:

kg

Cool. Now you'll have time to help some of the righties, who shall remain nameless since we all know who they are.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it.

MI regards, ;)

JD

K G
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I do well just to take care of me, JDog.....and truth be told, I'm more of a moderate than a "rightie," although I am right-handed... ;-)

If I must be labled "left" or "right," I am to the right...but I don't lean against the wall....:D

kg

Marvin S
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I do well just to take care of me, JDog.....and truth be told, I'm more of a moderate than a "rightie," although I am right-handed... ;-)

If I must be labled "left" or "right," I am to the right...but I don't lean against the wall....:D

kg

Labels begin from where the originator stands :p. It is not hard to be Right of JD, Yardley, dnf, cotts, henry, zeus as they all occupy different points on the Leftosphere side of the Bell Curve. :cool:

K G
01-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Labels begin from where the originator stands :p.

Very true, that....and I like "Leftosphere"....:D

kg

JDogger
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Labels begin from where the originator stands :p. It is not hard to be Right of JD, Yardley, dnf, cotts, henry, zeus as they all occupy different points on the Leftosphere side of the Bell Curve. :cool:

Wouldn't that make just about everyone here to the left of you since we're all moderates and independents lately?

Maybe a group hug and just shut PP down?;)

Naaah...

JD

Marvin S
01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Wouldn't that make just about everyone here to the left of you since we're all moderates and independents lately?
JD

Where I originated, SD, I would be considered moderate :eek:. Where I live now, WA, I'm quite a ways right as this state does not practice fiscal sanity. ;-)