PDA

View Full Version : Son of ex-KKK grand wizard renews effort to join Palm Beach County GOP

Roger Perry
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
« Follow Crist’s money (http://www.postonpolitics.com/2010/01/follow-crists-money/)

Son of ex-KKK grand wizard renews effort to join Palm Beach County GOP

by George Bennett | January 4th, 2010 http://www.postonpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dblack.jpg (http://www.postonpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dblack.jpg) Dinerstein, Black at December 2008 GOP meeting. Will they square off next in court?

The son of a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard is renewing his effort to be seated on the Palm Beach County Republican Executive Committee.
Derek Black, now 20, won a 2008 election to one of 111 executive committee seats.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2010/01/son-of-ex-kkk-grand-wizard-renews-effort-to-join-palm-beach-county-gop/

YardleyLabs
01-04-2010, 02:13 PM
He should be judged on his own beliefs and actions, not his father's. My grandfather on ,my father's side was the town drunk and a leader in the local chapter of the KKK. My father became active in the civil rights movement as a freshman in college and was active in the campaigns of a number of liberal/moderate Democrat campaigns, as well as the civil rights movement, throughout his life. Each person gets to choose what side of the road they wish to walk. From the story, however, it sounds like more may be involved than the father's politics.

Steve Amrein
01-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I see your dufess story and raise him with Robert KKK Byrd. We can play name the racist all freakin day.

YardleyLabs
01-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I see your dufess story and raise him with Robert KKK Byrd. We can play name the racist all freakin day.
I'm not sure that I know why RP posted this story. However, I see nothing in it suggesting that the Republican Party is in any way racist or even that the person elected is racist (He may be, but I don't see it in the story.). There is no question that Robert Byrd was a bigot for a good (or bad) part of his life just as was LBJ and many others -- both Dems and Reps. I find it more interesting tht many, if not most of these one-time bigots managed to grow past their bigotry.

badbullgator
01-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm not sure that I know why RP posted this story. However, I see nothing in it suggesting that the Republican Party is in any way racist or even that the person elected is racist (He may be, but I don't see it in the story.). There is no question that Robert Byrd was a bigot for a good (or bad) part of his life just as was LBJ and many others -- both Dems and Reps. I find it more interesting tht many, if not most of these one-time bigots managed to grow past their bigotry.

Well come on we know Bush is:D

YardleyLabs
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
As much as I hated Bush as President, I believe he may have been one of the least racist (if not the least racist) President in our nation's history. Credit where credit due....;-)

Roger Perry
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Just a local story nothing more.

Roger Perry
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Sounds like you have a man crush on Bush. ;-)

paul young
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Jeff, Roger, Dave- why do you even bother?

it would be fun to watch them start feeding on each other, don't you think?-Paul

JDogger
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Sounds like you have a man crush on Bush. ;-)

Careful there Roger. You know how easy it is to cross the line :rolleyes:

JD

Roger Perry
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Careful there Roger. You know how easy it is to cross the line :rolleyes:

JD

What's good for goose---- I'm not the one defending HWB

K G
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
What's good for goose---- I'm not the one defending HWB

No, but you're sure good at accusing him of pretty much anything that comes to your mind, racism included.

Our current President is giving you plenty to talk about if you'll just pay attention, Roger....I mean, you being the registered independent that you are....

kg

ducknwork
01-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure that I know why RP posted this story.

I think we all know exactly why, whether he tries to portray it as 'just a local story' or not...:rolleyes:

Roger Perry
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
No, but you're sure good at accusing him of pretty much anything that comes to your mind, racism included.

Our current President is giving you plenty to talk about if you'll just pay attention, Roger....I mean, you being the registered independent that you are....

kg

I have seen more racism on here than from the Bush administration.

K G
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Glad to see you admit that, Roger....

kg

dnf777
01-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I just saw evidence that Bush was anything BUT racist in the check out line. National Enquirer headlines that Bush's love letters to Condi Rice have surfaced!!! Not exactly a reliable news source.....remember they're the cooks that reported Clinton having an affair with a certain intern.....:rolleyes:

Cody Covey
01-05-2010, 11:14 AM
I have seen more racism on here than from the Bush administration.

I love this statement. I've seen Jeff make similar statements. We disagree with policies of a black president and all of a sudden we are racists.

Post racial regards!

dnf777
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I love this statement. I've seen Jeff make similar statements. We disagree with policies of a black president and all of a sudden we are racists.

Post racial regards!

Be careful what type of mushrooms you're eating! Those aren't shitakes!

david gibson
01-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Post racial regards!

pretty ironic considering how racist Obama is himself.... ;-)

ducknwork
01-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I just saw evidence that Bush was anything BUT racist in the check out line. National Enquirer headlines that Bush's love letters to Condi Rice have surfaced!!! Not exactly a reliable news source.....remember they're the cooks that reported Clinton having an affair with a certain intern.....:rolleyes:

Barack better put Michelle on lockdown! Georgie boy is coming for her next!

Once you go black you never go back regards,

dnf777
01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Barack better put Michelle on lockdown! Georgie boy is coming for her next!

Once you go black you never go back regards,

And I doubt a beer in the rosegarden would settle that one!!:D

Blackstone
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
pretty ironic considering how racist Obama is himself.... ;-)

How racist is he?