PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a fallen Trooper

dnf777
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Those near Pennsylvania may have heard one of our State Troopers was shot and killed in the line of duty yesterday. Trooper Paul Richey was responding to a call regarding a woman who failed to show up for work in two days. As he got out of his patrol car, a worthless piece of shit shot him with a high-powered deer rifle from inside the home. When his partner and EMS could get to Paul, he was already gone.

I heard this over the local radio as I was in the OR. As soon as I could, I went to the ER, which was on standby, as there were rumors of other officers injured. I found out then, that Paul, the father of one of our Cub Scouts was the victim. Paul brought his son, Connor to our pack meetings, school Christmas programs, and was always just one of the guys in jeans and a ball cap standing around the coffee urn bullshitting with the rest of us. He had a young wife, Carrie, who was usually at the scout events also.

Connor took third place in the Pinewood derby last year, and we were looking forward to a heated competition this year. Paul won't be there, in two weeks, when the derby is run, to cheer his son on against us. I don't know if Connor and his Mom will make it now. As I work on my son's car with him, I wonder if there's an unfinished block of wood at Connors house, with no Dad to help him anymore. I know there is nothing anyone can do to ease the pain and loneliness that will be with them forever.

I sure hope there is a God who is comforting Paul at this time, and letting him watch his son grow up. I sure hope there is a Hell for the rotten son-of-a-bitch who did this to suffer immeasurably for all eternity. I will find where they bury his worthless carcass, and Abner and I will take frequent trips to water his grave and fertilize the grass. (the shooter took his wife's life and his own)

K G
01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Saw this mess on the news...what a tragedy...your good thoughts will serve his family well to help get past this.

kg

Hoosier
01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Dave. I have a few close friends who are cops, and I sometimes worry about their safety. Especially my friend who is a vice cop. I'm not much of a praying man, but I'll be sure and get one in tonight for your friends family.

dback
01-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Sad....Completely senseless,
God Bless his family.

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Good news, Dave. There IS a God and there IS a hell. Hope for it to be true no more, it does exist.

I will certainly say a prayer for your friend's family. I pray that God will comfort all of the people who have been affected by this tragedy...

dnf777
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Duck,
I know there is. Thankyou for your kind words and thoughts. If it all hasn't been enough, the troop barracks annuonced during a briefing that Paul wasn't even on for that call. He volunteered to go and help because he knew this guy from before. That's just the kind of guy he was. I am also praying for comfort for is partner, who no doubt has got to be totally devastated.

WRL
01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
There has been a series of cop killings in WA. Four killed (one incident had three killed while they were in a coffee shop drinking coffee) and two more shot (one later died) responding to a call.

The three that were killed in the coffee shop the guy purposely set out to kill cops that day.

Its a very sad deal.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

WRL