PDA

View Full Version : Rush shows colors

dnf777
01-15-2010, 06:20 AM
I don't even know what to say??
DON'T give to the humanitarian relief effort in Haiti?
I thought I'd seen the lowest politics can stoop to, but this lowers the bar.

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 07:02 AM
What did he say? I haven't heard...

subroc
01-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Right there on his web site for all to see. But you don't want the truth, you want a justification to spread your left wing radical lies

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To Paducah, Kentucky. This is April. That is one of my all-time, top ten favorite female names. April, thank you for calling. Nice to have you with us. Hello.
CALLER: Thank you, Rush. I'm glad that you chose to have me on today.
RUSH: Yes?
CALLER: This is kind of belated, but I just have a question for you.
RUSH: Yes, ma'am? Yes, ma'am?
CALLER: Where in your right mind do you get the cojones to just completely -- I don't know, I guess -- dismiss a tragedy of possibly a hundred thousand people dead in Haiti? You're -- you're going around discouraging people to send donations because we already donated to Haiti and it's called the US income tax; and Obama, the president of our United States -- your president as well, whether you like it or not.
RUSH: Where did you...?
CALLER: -- you're saying --
RUSH: Where did you hear that I discouraged donations to Haiti?
CALLER: Uh, I read it in, uh, a news thing called the Huffington Post, but that's not the point. I was going to finish my sentence if that's okay with you.
RUSH: Well, but what you just said is a lie. They reported a lie. I did not discourage donations to Haiti.
CALLER: Okay. Well, um, actually the point I was getting to, whether or not you said that -- which actually I believe you did. But...
RUSH: No, it's not "whether or not." That matters. I mean you call here and ask, "Where do I get off suggesting that we don't donate to Haiti because we do in the income tax?" and I tell you I said that, but I also said private donations are going to be much better than a government donation. They're all going, go to the Red Cross, do other things, don't go through the government. It's just going to go through hands and bureaucracies and a dollar is going to end up being 30 cents by the time they get through with it. I did not say, "Don't make donations." That's not a "whether or not" thing. That's why you called.
CALLER: Calm down.
RUSH: Finish your sentence.
CALLER: Calm down. I planned on it, but actually I... Keep denying that, but what is this you were saying about our president of the United States trying to just basically establish credibility in the black community among white (sic) and dark-skinned African-Americans? And why do you, like... After saying that, why would you call yourself a patriot?
RUSH: All right. Now, this is funny. This was our Media Tweak of the Day yesterday, April. You know, what we do here on this program is, purposely, play the media like violin, like a Stradivarius. And I love tweaking them. I love irritating them, and I love upsetting them and all you do is take words uttered by liberals and apply them to current events. It was Harry Reid who looked at Obama and said he's a "light-skinned" guy that "doesn't speak in a Negro dialect."
CALLER: I'm not talking about Harry Reid.
RUSH: Well, I was.
CALLER: I'm talking about you.
RUSH: I was. You see, this is the point. You didn't listen to the program. You're reading people who take what I say out of context precisely to create this sense of outrage that you have.
CALLER: Okay.
RUSH: In fact, I want you to listen to something with me. Before I said all of this I made a prediction, because this was my Media Tweak of the Day -- and it's getting too easy. I mean, you're illustrating how easy it is to outrage these people. I enjoy it. This is a great success. When people start squealing like pigs is when I know I've hit a home run. This is what I said yesterday.
RUSH ARCHIVE: Before this week is out, I will be the one who uttered the words "light-skinned" and "doesn't speak the Negro dialect when he doesn't want to." I'll be the one that said it. Before the week is out I'll be the one that said it, not Harry Reid, and they'll be asking, "Why have you not condemned Rush Limbaugh for what he said (in repeating what Harry Reid said)?" and Harry Reid will condemn me from the Senate floor!
RUSH: And then I proceeded to suggest that Obama is going to be giving aid to both light-skinned and dark-skinned Negroes in Haiti, just designed to get the reaction I got -- and it worked. The people that listen to this program laugh and chuckle every day at this stuff, because we're just needling the media. They talk about me all the time and I can create it any time I want. It's made you mad, and you believe things they take out of context that don't completely say what I fully said, and you get mad.

subroc
01-15-2010, 07:03 AM
continued:

CALLER: Okay, so you're basically evading the second part of my question. You're not going to tell me why you decided to go around saying something, like, a tragedy that's happened to hundreds of thousands of people, who are suffering.
RUSH: No, I'm not evading it at all. If I said it I meant to say it, and I do believe that everything is political to this president. Everything this president sees is a political opportunity, including Haiti, and he will use it to burnish his credentials with minorities in this country and around the world, and to accuse Republicans of having no compassion. I went further than that even. I'll have to tell you what else I said after the break if you want to hold on.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: We go back now to April in Paducah. I had to interrupt you because we had a hard break and I couldn't miss it. What is it you were going to say?
CALLER: Well, if I remember correctly I was about to go say, like, I've been trying to get you to explain to me, at least -- if not the entire country listening to your show right now -- what...? Like what... Why...? It doesn't sound like the president is making this Haiti donation business a political thing. It sounds like you are. You're just... Uh, you brought up a completely inane, baseless point about establishing credibility in the light- and dark-skinned black communities, and, like, there's no reason for that. There's, like --
RUSH: Now, April, I must ask a serious question: Do you ever listen to my program or do you hear about it in places like the Huffington Post?
CALLER: Um... I... When I'm upstairs in the bedroom I'll have the radio on and I like to listen to some local stations. So, yes, I have heard your show.
RUSH: All right.
CALLER: And I've heard dozens and clips and quotes that you've said and most of the time I'm absolutely disgusted with you. I'll be perfectly honest with you.
RUSH: I see. Okay, now that we've established that you listen sometimes and you're absolutely disgusted. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever heard of the Democrat Party and President Obama politicizing a natural disaster?
CALLER: Have I ever heard of them politicizing...?
RUSH: Yeah, has that ever happened? Has Barack Obama and the Democrat Party ever politicized a natural disaster?
CALLER: Umm, well, this is the -- at least if you're speaking specifically about President Obama, this is the first natural disaster that we've had on, uh -- on his term. So...
RUSH: We had a natural disaster when he was Senator. It doesn't matter whether he was president or not. I said the Democrat Party and President Obama, as a Senator, certainly politicized Hurricane Katrina. You see, the difference, April, is that I know these people. I know who they are and I love to tweak them. I love to tweak the media. I predicted yesterday... How come there's no outrage, by the way, at Bill Clinton suggesting that Obama's nothing more than a slave when he was trying to get Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary and he says (doing impression), "Come on! Come on, Ted. You know, a few years ago this guy would be fetching us our coffee." You're not outraged about that because the Huffington Post isn't outraged about it. They probably don't write about it but I talk about all of it.
CALLER: Actually... Uh, are you implying that the Huffington Post as the one and only resource that I watch (sic--read)? I even watch Fox News once in a while.
RUSH: No, no, no, no, no. I'm not implying that.
CALLER: Okay.
RUSH: What I'm illustrating here is that you're a blockhead. What I'm illustrating here is that you're a closed-minded bigot who is ill-informed. I am being patient and tolerant and I'm trying to explain this to you, and you're totally closed to it. I'm hitting you with piercing, penetrating logic, and it escapes you -- and it is irritating people like you that I revel in. I absolutely revel in it. I've got 19 sound bites here today, April, of media people going bat manure yesterday over what they think I said. They didn't hear me say it, either. They got it from the Huffington Post or they got it from Media Matters or they got it from someplace else. I did not say don't donate. I did say Obama will use this to help burnish his credentials, 'cause there's no question he will. I'll tell you something else I said, April: It took him three days to go out and talk about the Christmas Day Underwear Bomber. It took him less than 18 hours to get out there and start rallying people about this earthquake.
I'll tell you something else, April. I'm going to make prediction to you, and I'm gonna be right about this. Before the week is out we're going to have to be stories in the Huffington Post and other places that you read pointing out how fast Obama moved into action versus Bush during Hurricane Katrina. To accuse me of politicizing everything is to be ignorant about what I do on this program. I simply react to the left. They're the ones that politicize virtually everything that's happening from health care to terrorism, and I love illustrating absurdity by being absurd. And if you had listened to this program for a modicum of time you would know it. But instead you're a blockhead. You're mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read. So I've had enjoyment here talking to you and illustrating that it's impossible to deal in the truth with you. I appreciate your calling and I appreciate your holding on. I grew up not far from Paducah. If I'd known you were there, I might have stayed.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Let me tell you by way of Tony Blankley, a sound bite we played yesterday. What all of this is, is reacting to what I did not say yesterday on this program.
BLANKLEY: The lesson that we learned from this is not that the Senator said anything particularly remarkable, but that when conservatives say something equally unremarkable, that the feigned outrage drives them out of office; whether it's Rush Limbaugh saying that a black quarterback got better press than had he been white or whether it was Senator Allen who used the word "Macaca" -- whatever that means -- that got six stories on the front page of the Washington Post. The point is, they're not sincere when they're outraged. They're just trying to drive out a political opponent.
RUSH: Exactly. And so all of this outrage that you saw on television last night is feigned. It is fake. I'm not the one that ever used light skinned, dark-skinned. That was Harry Reid! We're laughing at him. We're making fun of him. And they fake all this outrage that I would say this, not even understanding -- and they do understand I was making a joke. They are just feigning outrage to try to take me out, and that's why I do the Media Tweak every day because they're going to bomb out every time they try. I mean, it's just fun.

END TRANSCRIPT

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Subroc, that's some serious humor...:p

Evan
01-15-2010, 07:18 AM
continued:

BLANKLEY: ....The point is, they're not sincere when they're outraged. They're just trying to drive out a political opponent.As night follows day.

Evan

subroc
01-15-2010, 07:54 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011410/content/01125112.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

Evan
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
Oh, you're always letting those pesky facts get in the way! You're no fun!!!:snipersmile:

Evan

dnf777
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Subroc,
You posted his back-peddling response, not his original statement.
If the republican party wants to move forward, they need to throw this overstuffed pig under their bus FAST! He is an evil, self-serving disgusting excuse for a human being, who will do or say ANYTHING to keep those $400 million contracts alive.

Those of you who call yourselves "compassionate conservatives", do you SEE what this man is doing to your party??? But hey, who am I to criticize the almighty Rush? If you think he represents conservative compassionate values, keep him in the spotlight.

K G
01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Rush is a talking head....we can turn him off (or in my case, never listen to him in the first place).

I'm much more concerned about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, et al....they were ELECTED............:o

kg

dnf777
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Rush is a talking head....we can turn him off (or in my case, never listen to him in the first place).

I'm much more concerned about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, et al....they were ELECTED............:o

kg

You're absolutely right. If you look at the polls, there are a lot of democrats not happy with Sen. Ried...maybe not for the same reasons as you, but he may very well become a victim of the democratic process. Rush is not subject to elections, but I think he has done far more harm to republicans than any democrat has.

Franco
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Those of you who call yourselves "compassionate conservatives", do you SEE what this man is doing to your party??? But hey, who am I to criticize the almighty Rush? If you think he represents conservative compassionate values, keep him in the spotlight.

I agree. Though McCain avoided Limbaugh and Hannity like the plague during the campaign, the two talkers are identified as defining the GOP. The Republicans have not done a very good job of distancing themselves from these two and until they do, the party will continue to be damaged.

AmiableLabs
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Subroc, You posted his back-peddling response, not his original statement.
I was listening to his original statement, NEVER did he say "don't donate." He said Americans already donate via income taxes.

A Blog that explains his point to the penny -- http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjY0NDNhODViZjJmYjA3N2Q3MzcwMDc1ZGQ2OGQ2OWI=

david gibson
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
dnf777 - do you see the truth now? your leftist media takes what rush says out of context to make him look bad, and sheep like you who never read or heard exactly what he really said take the ball and run with it, looking foolish in the end.

i was listening to that yesterday, and that lady was the same way. heard it on the "Huffington Post" and automatically believes it.

dnf777
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
dnf777 - do you see the truth now? your leftist media takes what rush says out of context to make him look bad, and sheep like you who never read or heard exactly what he really said take the ball and run with it, looking foolish in the end.

i was listening to that yesterday, and that lady was the same way. heard it on the "Huffington Post" and automatically believes it.

Silly me. I failed to realize how wonderful and compassionate Rush is! :rolleyes:

No, he doesn't need any help from anyone to look bad. Nice try. But if you really like Obama that much, just keep defending Rush and keep him as the annointed conservative voice of reason and compassion!

road kill
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM

Could you show us a link to support this??
I know you guys really like that whole link for support concept.
You know, sources....I tried it once and got hammered, soooooo get ready partner!!
If you did post one here, I am not seeing it.
I mean, you would never quote hear say would you??

rk

david gibson
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Silly me. I failed to realize how wonderful and compassionate Rush is! :rolleyes:

No, he doesn't need any help from anyone to look bad. Nice try. But if you really like Obama that much, just keep defending Rush and keep him as the annointed conservative voice of reason and compassion!

well, for oone, you evade the topic. was your accusation factually correct???

no.

second - google around. it is well established that republicans give more to charity that democrats. shawn hannity gave several times more of a percentage of his income to charity that biden and obama. the list goes on. democrats are quick to tax and tax but slow to reach into their own pockets....

M&K's Retrievers
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Subroc,
You posted his back-peddling response, not his original statement.
If the republican party wants to move forward, they need to throw this overstuffed pig under their bus FAST! He is an evil, self-serving disgusting excuse for a human being, who will do or say ANYTHING to keep those $400 million contracts alive.

You should be more worried what the elected officials are doing not what a talk show host who nobody listens to but conservatives has to say. And get it right. Limbaugh did not tell listeners not to send money.

dnf777
01-15-2010, 11:03 AM
You should be more worried what the elected officials are doing not what a talk show host who nobody listens to but conservatives has to say. And get it right. Limbaugh did not tell listeners not to send money.

My 'worries' over what Rush say extends only to his destruction of the republican party, and letting dems run rampant. It was his brand of "conservatism" that empowered and enabled Pres. Obama, a supermajority in the senate, and majority in the house. Just as the political scales seem to be regaining some balance in upcoming elections, the last thing our political system needs is Rush plopping his fat-a$$ down on the scale and tipping it towards more of what we have now.

Despite what some have labelled me here, I am independent, and agree with some platform items from both parties. Right now, the balance is tipped a tad too far to the left.;-) I doubt many who label me as liberal will even refute that, except for magnitude! There is nothing I would like more than to have a choice between what we have now, and a republican canditate who is a fiscal conservative and a social moderate or even liberal.

I found it very interesting on the thread about how we describe ourselves. I could almost agree with most, if not all descriptions, except for points regarding people such as Palin or Rush (or Beck or Hannity) Those people are polarizing, and really will scare away the old breed of Reagan democrats. I don't know what Reagan democrats are called now? I'm sure we would all attach different labels to them, but in anycase, the likes of Rush will keep them with the dems, IMO.

dnf777
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Could you show us a link to support this??
I know you guys really like that whole link for support concept.
You know, sources....I tried it once and got hammered, soooooo get ready partner!!
If you did post one here, I am not seeing it.
I mean, you would never quote hear say would you??

rk

From www.politico.com :

Rush Limbaugh is not backing down from his claim that President Barack Obama is trying to score political points off the earthquake in Haiti.

Challenged by a caller during his show Thursday, Limbaugh said: “If I said it, I meant to say it, and I do believe that everything is political to this president.”

“Everything this president sees is a political opportunity, including Haiti, and he will use it to burnish his credentials with minorities in this country and around the world, and to accuse Republicans of having no compassion,” Limbaugh said in comments flagged by the liberal blog Think Progress.

Limbaugh has come under fire from both the right and the left for saying that the earthquake played directly into Obama’s hands, allowing him to look “compassionate.” The host claimed the White House’s response would bolster Obama’s standing in the “light-skinned and dark-skinned black community in this country.”

He also appeared to discourage help for the island nation, saying, “We've already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.”

Critics have characterized Limbaugh’s comments as insensitive and tone-deaf at a time when heartbreaking images of the devastation dominate news coverage.

Confronted with some of that criticism, Limbaugh slammed a caller as “close-minded.”

“What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead,” Limbaugh shot back. “What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a close-minded bigot who is ill-informed.”

“If you had listened to this program for a modicum of time, you would know it,” he said. “But instead, you’re a blockhead. Your mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31539.html#ixzz0chOTFxr5

Obviously, people of different ideologies will interpret than differently. But after reading that, is that who YOU want piping the virtures of conservatism, and leading the party into the next round of elections? I thought you guys wanted Obama out in 4?

david gibson
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
From [url]He also appeared to discourage help for the island nation, saying, “We've already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.”

there you go again. why dont you print what he said next????? we all know why, because it doesn't fit your agenda.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_011410/content/01125112.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Being from PA, you're probably still pissed about the McNabb fiasco, huh Dave?;)

Sundown49 aka Otey B
01-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Having listened to the show I have just one thing to say......Rush just said don't give through the government but do give through private charities as then the money will get where needed instead of in some ones pocket. Just as food for thought..WHY is China just giving a million dollars while the US is giving a 100 million? We have borrowed money from China to fund all this STUPID stuff that the DEms and Obama are doing so they just wait til we have to pay them for "our" generosity......

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Just as food for thought..WHY is China just giving a million dollars while the US is giving a 100 million? We have borrowed money from China to fund all this STUPID stuff that the DEms and Obama are doing so they just wait til we have to pay them for "our" generosity......

So what you are really saying is that China gave 101 million in aid, right?

Sundown49 aka Otey B
01-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Basically with us having to pay back a 100 of it.

BrianW
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
So what you are really saying is that China gave 101 million in aid, right?

Well as (theoretically at least) China expects that 100M of "ours" to be paid back + interest, it seems to me that they're still actually ahead on the deal. ;)

dnf777
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
David,
Please tell me what my "agenda" is. I wasn't aware I had one. My point was that Rush is more harmful to the republicans than any democrat could ever be right now. Like I said before, it was the likes of Rush that enabled Obama, Reid, Pelosi to wield the power that they do, and frankly, I'd prefer a more balanced political structure that what we have now. Oops, did I just bare my agenda?:oops:

Hew
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
It was his brand of "conservatism" that empowered and enabled Pres. Obama, a supermajority in the senate, and majority in the house.
I think Arnold from "Happy Days" said it best: "Bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa."

YardleyLabs
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Having listened to the show I have just one thing to say......Rush just said don't give through the government but do give through private charities as then the money will get where needed instead of in some ones pocket. Just as food for thought..WHY is China just giving a million dollars while the US is giving a 100 million? We have borrowed money from China to fund all this STUPID stuff that the DEms and Obama are doing so they just wait til we have to pay them for "our" generosity......
I was reading the transcript. What he appeared to say was don't give throgh the WH site because the money will likely disappear and your name will be used for future partisan mailings. He did say that the whole nation of Haiti was in as bad shape as it is because of its own mismanagement, contrasting it with the Dominican Republic which he described as rich. He also said that Americans have given through the income tax and that the whole crisis was being handled as an opportunity to increase support for Obama. He never said not to give and also never said to give. At no point did he indicate any concern at all for the people of Haiti or suggest that anyone should actually be doing anything to help.

I do not think that "quotes" suggesting that he told people not to contribute were accurate. As he has complained, his comments were taken out of context and misconstrued. I find it hard to be very sympathetic given the fact that he earns his living by doing that to other people on a daily basis. However, I see no justification for liberals to dig holes down to his level.

subroc
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
David,
Please tell me what my "agenda" is. I wasn't aware I had one. My point was that Rush is more harmful to the republicans than any democrat could ever be right now. Like I said before, it was the likes of Rush that enabled Obama, Reid, Pelosi to wield the power that they do, and frankly, I'd prefer a more balanced political structure that what we have now. Oops, did I just bare my agenda?:oops:

How would you know what harms republicans? You look at things through a left wing lens. I am not sure you are a good source for republican 101.

Uncle Bill
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
I agree. Though McCain avoided Limbaugh and Hannity like the plague during the campaign, the two talkers are identified as defining the GOP. The Republicans have not done a very good job of distancing themselves from these two and until they do, the party will continue to be damaged.

YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG, FRANCO!!! MCCAIN AVOIDED THEM BECAUSE MCCAIN WAS AS WISHY- WASHY A CONSERVATIVE AS YOU SEEM TO BECOMING.

YOUR BACK-STABBING OF CONSERVATIVES IS PURE BULLSHIT. AND AS LONG AS YOU MAINTAIN YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT THOSE THAT KEEP ADVOCATING THE CONSERATIVE PRINCIPLES, YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR RINO CROWD WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, WHICH HAS AN ABUNDANCE OF RINOS LIKE MCCAIN.

NOT SURE WHAT RUSH DID TO YOUR LITTLE RADIO WORLD IN THAT SOCIALIST-INFESTED TERRITORY YOU LIVE, BUT HE HAS BROUGHT FAR MORE AMERICANS INTO THE CONSERVATIVE FOLD THAN YOU OR ANY OTHER RINO WILL EVER RECRUIT.

UB

dnf777
01-15-2010, 12:22 PM
How would you know what harms republicans? You look at things through a left wing lens. I am not sure you are a good source for republican 101.

I would know because I used to be one. Or maybe I was a Reagan-Democrat, and just didn't know it. In either case, I know that it is Rush's brand of conservatism that makes me glad I turned in my Voter card with the "R" on it.

Marketing experts want to know the opinions of people who quit using a product, and value that information highly. The republican party seems to have a narrowly defined ideology, and you either fit, or your out. Maybe I don't know what harms republicans, but if you look at the balance of power in DC right now, it would appear that republicans don't either.

ducknwork
01-15-2010, 12:25 PM
However, I see no justification for liberals to dig holes down to his level.

Where you see no justification, I see no need due to the fact that they are already there.;)

Maybe even lower regards,

Julie R.
01-15-2010, 12:31 PM

The same could be said about many Hollyweird entertainers who get paid big bucks for acting so they feel this entitles them to spout off on public policy. This is a free country, remember? People are entitled to say whatever they want and there's no law against them having entourages of like-minded fans. And that's all Rush is, an entertainer.

The Dems should throw all the Hollyweird politicos under the bus, because they will say or do anything to get their names in the media. Heard any news reports on any of the stars at Obomo's first state dinner? Hell, we didn't even get the usual fawing reports over the first lady's outfit! Why? Because the media was too busy focusing on the wanna-be Salahi couple that sneaked in that dinner.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/LMAO.jpg

Goose
01-15-2010, 12:37 PM

Rule 5 or Rule 12??? Just out of curiosity do you wear a 60's headband and smoke pot when you read from Professor Alinsky's book?

And I'm sure you've already made flight arrangements so you can spend a few weeks in Haiti to help out. Surely a man of your talents can afford a few weeks away from pullin' tonsils and performing prostate exams to prove your compassion? Send us some pics so we know all the good you've done.

And while we're on the subject of Mr. Limbaugh here's a little quiz for all you compassionate leftists who hate him. (especially you Dr. Doolittle) A few years ago Mr. Limbaugh made a 'smallish' charitable contribution to the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation. Can you tell us the amount Rush gave to this charity?

Just wondering how often you compassionate leftists give to charity?

YardleyLabs
01-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Rule 5 or Rule 12??? Just out of curiosity do you wear a 60's headband and smoke pot when you read from Professor Alinsky's book?

And I'm sure you've already made flight arrangements so you can spend a few weeks in Haiti to help out. Surely a man of your talents can afford a few weeks away from pullin' tonsils and performing prostate exams to prove your compassion? Send us some pics so we know all the good you've done.

And while we're on the subject of Mr. Limbaugh here's a little quiz for all you compassionate leftists who hate him. (especially you Dr. Doolittle) A few years ago Mr. Limbaugh made a 'smallish' charitable contribution to the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation. Can you tell us the amount Rush gave to this charity?

Through his radio contract alone, Limbaugh earns more than $30 million/year. He runs an annual fund raising event for the Marine Law Enforcement Foundation. Last year, the event raised a little over $2 million with most coming from sale of a letter contributed by Limbaugh where Limbaugh agreed to match the amount bid on Ebay. Based on that, it sounds like a donation of about $1 million. If that were his sole charitable contribution (I doubt that it is) he would rank pretty low of the list of people with similar incomes.

dnf777
01-15-2010, 02:07 PM

I don't and I won't talk of my charity donations. That is none of your business, and very low-class of you to ask. I would ask what your implication was in that last statement, but I can only imagine, and it doesn't deserve a reply. I appreciate your attempt of sophomoric humor aimed at the medical profession, as there ARE hundreds of doctors donating their time and safety in Haiti right now, as well as people from all walks of life. I have no plans to fly to Haiti, but even if I did, I will be attending the police funeral of our friend who was killed two days ago. Despite a much smaller scale, it hit much closer to home.

I'm not sure I understand the reference to Dr. Doolittle? Can you please explain? While have mentioned I am a physician, I prefer 'dave' when amongst friends.

Uncle Bill
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I would know because I used to be one. Or maybe I was a Reagan-Democrat, and just didn't know it. In either case, I know that it is Rush's brand of conservatism that makes me glad I turned in my Voter card with the "R" on it.

And we conservatives couldn't be happier, and I suspect the Republican party is just as happy. They hardly need another RINO in their midst...especially since the majority of conservatives are trying to rid that party of the present over-abundance of RINOs on the public dole now.

Unprincipled voters such as you DNF, are hardly anything more than a vote. About the only time you'd become active is when you selfishly discover your ox is being gored...then you think you have clout. You are truly a vascillating form of worthlessness.

UB

Franco
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
YOU COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG, FRANCO!!! MCCAIN AVOIDED THEM BECAUSE MCCAIN WAS AS WISHY- WASHY A CONSERVATIVE AS YOU SEEM TO BECOMING.

YOUR BACK-STABBING OF CONSERVATIVES IS PURE BULLSHIT. AND AS LONG AS YOU MAINTAIN YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT THOSE THAT KEEP ADVOCATING THE CONSERATIVE PRINCIPLES, YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR RINO CROWD WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY, WHICH HAS AN ABUNDANCE OF RINOS LIKE MCCAIN.

NOT SURE WHAT RUSH DID TO YOUR LITTLE RADIO WORLD IN THAT SOCIALIST-INFESTED TERRITORY YOU LIVE, BUT HE HAS BROUGHT FAR MORE AMERICANS INTO THE CONSERVATIVE FOLD THAN YOU OR ANY OTHER RINO WILL EVER RECRUIT.

UB

First of all, Rush is not a Conservative. He is a loud mouthed Republican. Though I vote GOP 99% of the time, I do so as an Independent voting for the lesser of two evils. Both he and Hannity have done an effective job of redefining Conservative to fit their own agendas.

Even Bush43 avoided Rush in both of his elections. Maybe you should ask yourself why. There is a big reason why GOP candidates running for Federal office avoid his show. As long as the GOP lets him define the party, the party suffers. First of all, the great majority of his listeners are white males over 55 years of age followed by white females over 55 years of age. Hardly a base for the GOP to build a future on!

When has Rush ever given the Dems credit for doing anything right? Never. He has positioned himself as the mouthpiece of the GOP and they have suffered for it ever since. As much as I like listening to Mike savage, most listeners take it with a grain of salt. Problem with Rush listeners is, they take him seriously!
I’m not alone with this as many GOP strategists blame him from running away potential voters from the GOP ticket. You have to understand that a lot of the younger generation sees right through him for what he is. You and others may continue to worship him but, I don’t want any part of his diatribe.

Uncle Bill
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
And your conservative 'promotional' artist is???? Your style of conservatism is??? And who is it teaching the young that???

IN YOUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF AMERICA, HE MAY NOT HAVE THAT MANY LISTENERS. BUT YOU ARE MYOPIC IF YOU BELIEVE HE'S NOT A FORCE IN THE CONSERVATIVE MOVEMENT.

UB

Franco
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
And your conservative 'promotional' artist is???? Your style of conservatism is??? And who is it teaching the young that???

IN YOUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF AMERICA, HE MAY NOT HAVE THAT MANY LISTENERS. BUT YOU ARE MYOPIC IF YOU BELIEVE HE'S NOT A FORCE IN THE CONSERVATIVE MOVEMENT.

UB

I used national listener estimates on Rush's show, not local. He actually peaked in 1993 in terms of when he had his most listeners.

My style of Conservatism? Being a Conservative does not change with the political landscape. Want the ideal, then you would have to go back to Wm F Buckley Jr. Today's voice of traditional conservatism would be Charles Krauthammer and Jonah Goldberg.

Here is a major misconception promoted by Limbaugh and Hannity; They keep talking about getting back to Reagan conservatism. Reagan was not a conservative. No conservative would have spent the money growing the defecit they way Reagan did. No conservative would grant amnesty to 12 million illegals creating a flood of another 20 million illegals, or make a deal with Iran to ship them arms for hostages or not tried to punish those for killing the Marines in Lebanon.

And, contrary to what Limbaugh has been saying for the last 7 years, Iraq is not the central war on terror!

Uncle Bill
01-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Reagan was not a conservative. No conservative would have spent the money growing the defecit they way Reagan did. No conservative would grant amnesty to 12 million illegals creating a flood of another 20 million illegals, or make a deal with Iran to ship them arms for hostages or not tried to punish those for killing the Marines in Lebanon.

If you would read the entire story on those accusations, Franco, you might have discovered the Democrat controlled congress had a lot to do with NOT adherring to their end of those various 'bargains'; ergo the way those 'deals' played out.

Despite what you may think of those in talk radio that keep the American Torch of Conservatism lit, I find nothing of what you are doing will overcome what this nation is facing under Obama.

Of course you can rail against his policies, but you aren't being heard OR followed. It's like me against gun control. Without the NRA, I have NO voice in that campaign.

I seriously doubt that those conservatives on this BB give a FRA on what you individually believe about anyone on the radio. But when the current FCC silences the conservatives on talk radio, and all that's left IS the left, you might be stuck wondering how much you may have contributed to the demise.

Pick a principle you believe in, and work for it. Vacillating will get you run over, like many of the middle-of-the-roaders that voted for that light-skinned fancy talker that sits in the White House now.

UB

Franco
01-15-2010, 04:57 PM
If you would read the entire story on those accusations, Franco, you might have discovered the Democrat controlled congress had a lot to do with NOT adherring to their end of those various 'bargains'; ergo the way those 'deals' played out.

Despite what you may think of those in talk radio that keep the American Torch of Conservatism lit, I find nothing of what you are doing will overcome what this nation is facing under Obama.

Of course you can rail against his policies, but you aren't being heard OR followed. It's like me against gun control. Without the NRA, I have NO voice in that campaign.

I seriously doubt that those conservatives on this BB give a FRA on what you individually believe about anyone on the radio. But when the current FCC silences the conservatives on talk radio, and all that's left IS the left, you might be stuck wondering how much you may have contributed to the demise.

Pick a principle you believe in, and work for it. Vacillating will get you run over, like many of the middle-of-the-roaders that voted for that light-skinned fancy talker that sits in the White House now.

UB

It will never happen. Even with Premier Radio Networks, home of Rush Limbaugh, being on the verge of bankruptcy(due the the parent company's financial woes), the FCC is not going to block Free Speech. If is just Limbaugh, Hannity and few others getting thier listeners all worked up on this phoney issue!

You should be more concerened with the GOP finding the right candidate to beat Obama in 12. That is if that candidate can pass Limbaugh and Hannity's vetting.

Captain Mike D
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
David,
My point was that Rush is more harmful to the republicans than any democrat could ever be right now. Like I said before, it was the likes of Rush that enabled Obama, Reid, Pelosi to wield the power that they do, and frankly, I'd prefer a more balanced political structure that what we have now. Oops, did I just bare my agenda?:oops:

I don't think it was Rush or Conservatism at all.

It was a Old Fart that went against conservative principals many times and also refused to call out his competitor to show how much a difference there was between his beliefs and Obama's. Couple that with the minority vote, 8 years of Bush allowing spending like a Democrat and there you go.

If you are counting on Rush's brand of conservatism to ruin the Republican party I think you will see shortly how alive the conservative voice is. Hope you like beer with your crow.

Mike

Uncle Bill
01-15-2010, 05:04 PM
It will never happen. Even with Premier Radio Networks, home of Rush Limbaugh, being on the verge of bankruptcy(due the the parent company's financial woes), the FCC is not going to block Free Speech. If is just Limbaugh, Hannity and few others getting thier listeners all worked up on this phoney issue!

You should be more concerened with the GOP finding the right candidate to beat Obama in 12. That is if that candidate can pass Limbaugh and Hannity's vetting.

Never say never, Franco.

Furthermore, as Obama continues on his road to self-destruction, it's my guess even you would have a chance at beating his ass.

How light skinned are you? Can you read a teleprompter? You get my vote.

UB

Franco
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Y'all give Limbaugh too much credit!

When the tide turns in 2012, it won't be because of them. Less than 2 % of the voters listen to either Limbaugh or Hannity. Just because y'all listen to thier shows doesn't mean many people or the majority does.

Nowhere is the USA does either one of thier shows, radio or TV draw more than a 2 rating!

The tide will turn because the Dems have screwed up! Just like the tide turned when the GOP screwed up.

Franco
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Never say never, Franco.

Furthermore, as Obama continues on his road to self-destruction, it's my guess even you would have a chance at beating his ass.

How light skinned are you? Can you read a teleprompter? You get my vote.

UB

I think the Dems will go after guns, not Free Speech.

Me run? I'm too damed Conservative for y'all!

I would;

stop the spending madness
balance the budget
invest in our military
get the gov out of social issues
overhaul our immigration laws
past your 29th Amendment
shrink the Fed
kill terrorist no matter where the cave they are hiding in is located
get us out of A'gstan and Iraq

just for starters

mjh345
01-15-2010, 05:35 PM
I think the Dems will go after guns, not Free Speech.

Me run? I'm too damed Conservative for y'all!

I would;

stop the spending madness
balance the budget
invest in our military
get the gov out of social issues
overhaul our immigration laws
past your 29th Amendment
shrink the Fed
kill terrorist no matter where the cave they are hiding in is located
get us out of A'gstan and Iraq

just for starters

Franco, you got my vote if you would just change 3 and 7.\

#3 doesn't dovetail well with your # 1 # 2 & # 9
We invest more than enough in the military, we need to spend wisely. We are wasting way too much money and creating way too many enemies fighting the senseless wars you refer to in #9.

We need to eliminate the Fed

Franco
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I can live with doing away with the Fed but, I like having a big badass military.;-)

david gibson
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Y'all give Limbaugh too much credit!

When the tide turns in 2012, it won't be because of them. Less than 2 % of the voters listen to either Limbaugh or Hannity. Just because y'all listen to thier shows doesn't mean many people or the majority does.

Nowhere is the USA does either one of thier shows, radio or TV draw more than a 2 rating!

The tide will turn because the Dems have screwed up! Just like the tide turned when the GOP screwed up.

you're kidding right? the total rating is not necessarily what counts, they are competing mith the mindless millions that watch american idol and biggest loser - but compared to the liberal shows like "countdown with keith oberman" Fox blows them out of the water. i think thats a bit more relevant....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/30/fox-news-dominates-3q-200_n_304260.html

Franco
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Fox does have more viewers than the other cable news stations. Key word, cable/satellite. That's like saying that Boise State is the best college team in Idaho.

Compared to broadcast news(ABC NBC CBS), Fox News' audience is tiny.

K G
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Fox does have more viewers than the other cable news stations. Key word, cable/satellite. That's like saying that Boise State is the best college team in Idaho.

I'd say it's more like opining that Boise State is the best college team west of the Mississippi....;-)

Compared to broadcast news(ABC NBC CBS), Fox News' audience is tiny.

If you're talking about total households, there's no doubt....however, if you're talking about a viewer that is more likely to vote, a viewer in a particular target demographic or qualitative cell, a viewer that is a news JUNKIE, you're NOT talking about ANY of the "Big 3" news networks.

Absent of several segments in the morning between 7-9a and at 6:30p (both EST), more TOTAL news viewing is done on cable news, simply because there is more news available to be watched, albeit by a smaller total audience. The total size of the audience is not nearly as important as the quality of the audience.

kg

Franco
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
The total size of the audience is not nearly as important as the quality of the audience.

kg

No doubt it is a better educated, more monied audience. Same with News/Talk radio; older, more conservative, disposable income etc.

Also, the most difficult to be influenced by advertisisng.

But, we were talking voters, and the numbers are watching American Idol.
A goofy 20 year old has the same weight as a school teacher in the voting booth.
The least educated voters generally carry the vote.

K G
01-15-2010, 11:34 PM
No doubt it is a better educated, more monied audience. Same with News/Talk radio; older, more conservative, disposable income etc.

A goofy 20 year old has the same weight as a school teacher in the voting booth.

That goofy 20 year old is exponentially less likely to CARE about voting, largely because he doesn't understand the potential impact of his vote. Unfortunately, MTV has changed their programming focus and doesn't include "Rock The Vote" in their image promotions anymore. As an aside, more adults are watching AI than ever before, so at least there's some hope...:cool:

Now, I will agree wholeheartedly that those voters helped BHO win in '08. That said, the promise of "change" and that their lives would get better has been largely unfulfilled. If they didn't "have" it before BHO was elected, they either STILL don't have it, or have lost more of it since he took office...and that won't be forgotten this November or in November of 2012. For example, as long as the BHO administration makes decisions that blatantly favor union workers, the unemployed will feel disenfranchised. I think there are a few more unemployed in the ranks right now than there are union workers, a situation that's not likely to change anytime soon.

The unemployed, regardless of their age, have LONG memories...and they vote too...;)

kg

ducknwork
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Would this make some of you lefties happy? Bush is pushing back against Rush...Does that mean that Rush is no longer the leader of the conservatives?:rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20100117/cm_huffpost/426248

Captain Mike D
01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Funny that Huffington did not report the part where CLINTON interupted Bush and agreed with Rush, that the our private sector would ultimately do more to help than our government.

dnf777
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM

My oh my! More educated? That seems a little presumptuous, wouldn't you say? Two areas with the highest doctoral level education per capita are Boston and Austin. Both liberal hot spots. Much of academia is very liberal, and I would hazard most university professors are at least mildly educated. If you look at a map of school drop out rates and registered republican voters, you will see a nice overlap. I think you may have meant to say "agree with your ideals" rather than "educated"?

Last time I saw a marketing spot, seems like WWF and NASCAR fans were overwhelmingly conservative, and amongst the most loyal consumers of advertised products in the free world. Most difficult to be influence by advertising??? :confused:

Like to thank the Ford, STP, UPS, Home Depot, MOPAR, Goodwrench, Goodies headache powder, Mars M&M, Viagra, Pennzoil sponsors for this posting regards......

ducknwork
01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Like to thank the Ford, STP, UPS, Home Depot, MOPAR, Goodwrench, Goodies headache powder, Mars M&M, Viagra, Pennzoil sponsors for this posting regards......

LMAO Dave...:p

Franco
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
My oh my! More educated?

Yes, News/Talk formats across the country attract a higher education level over any muisc formats. This is generally true of Rush's audience as well. Not sure which stations carry his show in Boston and Austin but I can promise you they are selling those shows based on Qualatative measurements as opposed to Quantative measurements. And, Boston is getting ready to elect a GOP Senator, so there must be some brains there!;-)

This message brought to you by BMW...The Ultimate Driving Machine.:cool: An advertiser that spend all of their radio dollars in News/Talk.

dnf777
01-19-2010, 01:17 PM
You didn't make clear that you were comparing talk shows to MTV shows! That changes things a little bit, huh? Not sure what the point is, in that case?

Franco
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Look at post #53.

News Shows on TV and News/Talk Radio have the highest qualatative audiences of all broadcast.

And yes, those old farts(heavy 55 plus years of age) that like News are the hardest to influence with advertising as they generally throw dimes around like manhole covers.;-)