PDA

View Full Version : NC opt out

ducknwork
01-20-2010, 07:10 AM
How many other states will follow suit, thus rendering the health care bill pointless?

http://wbt.com/news/details.cfm?article_id=49413

Hew
01-20-2010, 07:14 AM
How many other states will follow suit, thus rendering the health care bill pointless?

http://wbt.com/news/details.cfm?article_id=49413
I think the people of Massachusetts rendered the current health care bill pointless. ;)

luvmylabs23139
01-20-2010, 08:49 AM
I would love to see NC opt out! Unfortunately we have a dummacrat first term senator that kisses OBUMMA's ASS!!!! She refused to have a town hall meeting on the subject, instead ran scared and did a phone in lecture bunch of crap. There were protests about that outside her personal residence, and it was fun to go there, very local, and tell her what we thought. She doesn't care what the people want! SHE IS A DUM YES BITCH!!!!

YardleyLabs
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I think the people of Massachusetts rendered the current health care bill pointless. ;)
It depends on whether or not the House is prepared to simply pass the Senate bill as is. If they do, there won't be another Senate vote subject to cloture.

luvmylabs23139
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
It depends on whether or not the House is prepared to simply pass the Senate bill as is. If they do, there won't be another Senate vote subject to cloture.

If they do that they are really cramming it down peoples throats since Mass. was not represented in the senate by an elected official. Mass. played major games to put that person in by changing the law!!!!

Hew
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
True enough. Another way is to have Reid call it a reconcilliation bill and pass it with 50. I don't think either will happen. Do you? Politicians may be shady, but they're not dumb and they do like to get re-elected.

Cody Covey
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
opting out of the bill would be the dumbest thing to do for states. You're still going to be paying for it why opt out? I saw someone mention on here and i really like the idea. Don't get health care till you need it then go pick it up for a month and drop it after the bills are paid.... I'd rather pay the fine LOL