PDA

View Full Version : This is a real 'stunner'...

Uncle Bill
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
...from Newsmax. No less a leftie than Chris Matthews of "Hardball" fame has begun to recognize the 'problem'.

Chris Matthews Turns on Obama
Add Chris Matthews to the list of liberals in the media whose fawning adulation of Barack Obama has turned to pointed criticism.

Last week the Insider Report disclosed that CNN commentator Jack Cafferty launched a blistering attack on Obama and the Democrats over the closed-door negotiations to reconcile the House and Senate versions of healthcare reform, asserting that Obama’s campaign pledge of transparency was a “lie.”

Now Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” has expressed deep concerns about Obama’s spending policies and the debt the federal government is compiling.
“I look at the numbers and I’m worried,” Matthews told colleague Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night as they covered Scott Brown’s election win in Massachusetts.
“I’m worried about this government committing itself to so many entitlement programs and committing itself to such a level of taxation that supports those entitlement programs . . .

“The debt is too big. The government’s taking on too many responsibilities . . .
“We’re a dissatisfied people. We are easily drawn to a candidate who promises deliverance. Two years ago, we voted for deliverance with Barack Obama. We will vote for deliverance again in two years if we’re not happy.”

Matthews was such a staunch supporter of Obama during the campaign that he declared: "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

It will be interesting to see what the Obama minions will write for his telepromter at the SOU speech this week. I can only 'hope' they continue to blame Bush, but that would be too much to ask for eh?

UB

subroc
01-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Matthews is a real lap dog in every sense as it relates to obama specifically and democrats generally. I will be surprised this one criticism is anything more than a one off event.

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event.

dnf777
01-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Matthews is a real lap dog in every sense as it relates to obama specifically and democrats generally. I will be surprised this one criticism is anything more than a one off event.

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event.

From someone who listens to the entire spectrum of commentery, when I listen at all, I can tell you there has been just as much criticism of Obama from the left, as the right for some time now. It is just more fact and performance-based, and less hateful than that from the right. It is good to listen to different viewpoints sometimes.

dixidawg
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Less hateful as in Olberman's rants?

subroc
01-25-2010, 10:25 AM
From someone who listens to the entire spectrum of commentery, when I listen at all, I can tell you there has been just as much criticism of Obama from the left, as the right for some time now. It is just more fact and performance-based, and less hateful than that from the right. It is good to listen to different viewpoints sometimes.

I am not really sure what that had to do with Matthews.

precisionlabradors
01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
it's not that complicated. the op posted this up as if it has just begun. dnf pointed out that the lefty commentators have been critical of bho for some time. that includes matthews.
________
Grief or loss advice (http://www.health-forums.org/grief-loss/)

precisionlabradors
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy?s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event for democrats in the republican's mind, and the basis for self-esteem for republicans.

hahahahahahaha:)
________
Tasty_squirt (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Tasty_squirt/)

subroc
01-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Parse it any way you want. If obama loses Matthews, it is a significant loss of a political hack that never had a cross word about the man. He has always taken the obama and democrat position as his own.

subroc
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
...It will be interesting to see what the Obama minions will write for his telepromter...

Speaking of his teleprompter.

I just saw a report that obama used a teleprompter at an "elementary school."

huntinman
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Speaking of his teleprompter.

I just saw a report that obama used a teleprompter at an "elementary school."

Probably when he was IN elementary school

Gerry Clinchy
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event for democrats in the republican's mind, and the basis for self-esteem for republicans.

The Ds are taking it pretty seriously ... O has put his Presidential campaign manager in charge of the Senate campaigns for 2010.