PDA

View Full Version : World leaders plot exit from Afghanistan

Roger Perry
01-28-2010, 08:56 AM
LONDON - Major world powers opened talks Thursday seeking an end to the grinding conflict in Afghanistan, drafting plans to hand over security responsibilities to local forces and quell the insurgency with an offer of jobs and housing to lure Taliban fighters to renounce violence.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai greeted delegates from about 70 nations and institutions in London, seeking to win new international support after more than eight years of combat which is threatening to exhaust public good will in the West.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen also joined talks aimed at setting targets to transfer security control of several Afghan provinces to the local police and military by the end of 2010.

Could President Obama possibly be getting our armed forces back home from 2 wars within 2 years of his Presidency, something the last administration couldn't do in 7 years?

Cody Covey
01-28-2010, 09:54 AM
You're right Roger that dirty George Bush wouldn't politicize a war, and just wanted to get the job done so wasn't going to pull out until we lost or won. Thank the Lord we have Obama who will politicize everything he can in hopes to get his poll numbers back above where Bush's were at this time. To bad for him that America is waking up and realizing the hope and change is over.

badbullgator
01-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I guess it depends on if you think pulling out od Afganistan is a good idea or not.
Me, I think not......