PDA

View Full Version : Will DOW dip below 10K again

badbullgator
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
It keeps flirting with it every day.......

Buzz
01-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Wouldn't surprise me.

Roger Perry
01-28-2010, 10:55 AM
It keeps flirting with it every day.......

The dow has been going down ever since Brown got elected in Massachusetts.

badbullgator
01-28-2010, 11:27 AM

What was I thinking it si Borwn and Bush's fault :rolleyes:

I thought his election didn't mean anything????

Marvin S
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Very good chance! As the messiah is now after any convenient scapegoat for his own failings, which are becoming legion :eek:. If he continues to scapegoat those who deal in money for a vocation both he & his tax cheat TS will be riding on a rail with a feather coating, figuratively. ;-)

Goose
01-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Who goes out of business first...the UK or us? Looks like the UK has the lead right now.

And will B52 get to keep his job. Looks like he has the votes. I actually read an article this morning suggesting Paul Krugman would make a good Fed Chief. How 'great' would that be! A keynesian arsonist on steroids replacing just a keynesian arsonist.

We're doomed with this crew.

We live in Cuba now.

txbadger
01-29-2010, 08:08 AM
$ + = dow -

Carry trade may get unwound quick not advice just my opinion.

Or, some can keep whining about the past, which can't be changed instead of addressing what's going on now.

road kill
01-29-2010, 08:16 AM

I thought Brown got elected as a show of support for Obama???:D

just sayin'

rk

badbullgator
02-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Is today the day? Jobless claims spike and our credit rating may be dropped to AA.....

menmon
02-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Make up your mind...do you want a strong currency or not.

FYI Bernackee (sp?) was reconfirmed last week

Fed funds at 25 bps..sounds monertariest to me

I little bit of advise here...don't let the nysayers scare you away from this market....its just taking a breather as bank regulation is hammered out and we get through 1st quarter earnings.

Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy? Bonds? Not a good ideal if you think rates are rising; Money Markets? rate does not cover the bank fees....Remember the only thing that matters is the liquidity and what is it chasing...That politician in MASS has nothing to do with it....but it does make good spin that the market doesn't like him

badbullgator
02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
It is going to be hard to have a strong currency with the new budget bho has presented. If our credit rating is dropped you can bet the currency will not be stronger

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/company-news/moodys-warning-on-the-u-s-credit-rating-a-bit-of-payback/19205457/

http://stevenmcollins.com/WordPress/?p=1527

menmon
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Last time I looked we had a AAA rating by S&P

Currency valuation is a function of other currencies and their underlying country's monetary policis....Fisher developed a model at The University of Chicago, my alma mater, call the Fisher Model. It measures inflation in a currency by establishing real interest rates have to be the same for everyone and the difference in the currency's rate of return is inflation...so far example, our fed increases the fed fund rate and the rest of the world does not, our money increase in value relative to the other currencies...same goes for if a major currency's fed rasies fed funds and we don't our currency loses value.

This isn't politics...it just too hard to spin fact...but I assure you those trading currencies have this little model handy.

Again...Beck's IQ can't handle this math...And Rush would struggle with it given his brain is saturated with Oxicodine

badbullgator
02-04-2010, 11:47 AM
who is talking about glen beck? Never watched or listened to him, but thanks so much for giving me credit.....it is very clear you are the only one here who knows anything:rolleyes:
I never said we did not have a AAA rating, what I said was we are clearly in danger or having that rating dropped to AA. If beck or limbaugh said that I would not know and the links i posted were from not from fox news, glen beck or rush.
Can think for myself regardless of your expert opinion regards

ducknwork
02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy?

Grocery list

1. Milk
2. Eggs
3. Bread
4. Mason Jars
5. Shovels

M&K's Retrievers
02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Last time I looked we had a AAA rating by S&P

Currency valuation is a function of other currencies and their underlying country's monetary policis....Fisher developed a model at The University of Chicago, my alma mater, call the Fisher Model. It measures inflation in a currency by establishing real interest rates have to be the same for everyone and the difference in the currency's rate of return is inflation...so far example, our fed increases the fed fund rate and the rest of the world does not, our money increase in value relative to the other currencies...same goes for if a major currency's fed rasies fed funds and we don't our currency loses value.

This isn't politics...it just too hard to spin fact...but I assure you those trading currencies have this little model handy.

Again...Beck's IQ can't handle this math...And Rush would struggle with it given his brain is saturated with Oxicodine

Apparently a Yardley wannabe :rolleyes:

Uncle Bill
02-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Make up your mind...do you want a strong currency or not.

FYI Bernackee (sp?) was reconfirmed last week

Fed funds at 25 bps..sounds monertariest to me

I little bit of advise here...don't let the nysayers scare you away from this market....its just taking a breather as bank regulation is hammered out and we get through 1st quarter earnings.

Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy? Bonds? Not a good ideal if you think rates are rising; Money Markets? rate does not cover the bank fees....Remember the only thing that matters is the liquidity and what is it chasing...That politician in MASS has nothing to do with it....but it does make good spin that the market doesn't like him

How can we miss, now that the oracle of I-HOP has weighed in. Is this your 'professional' view?

UB

luvmylabs23139
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
IT's down to 10023 right now. I bet it closes under 10,000. The DUMMOCRATS in the house of reps just voted to increase the debt ceiling again by 2 TRILLION.

Goose
02-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Yes it will:)

We live in Cuba now.

Franco
02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy? Bonds? Not a good ideal if you think rates are rising; Money Markets?

Nothing wrong with a Money Market account and much better than losing money. I wouldn't touch the stock market with a 100 foot pole right now.

I've never lost money in Real Estate. From raw land to rental property, now is a great time to buy!

kjrice
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I've been waiting for this big correction in the first quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets down to 8500. The market is a joke with artificial pumping.

Pete
02-04-2010, 05:02 PM

:p:p:p
I do get you now:D

Pete

road kill
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Closed at 10,002.

Holy Schnikees!!:shock:

rk

kjrice
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Investors are going to get torched in the market for 2010.

K G
02-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Hey....what's everybody in an uproar about? Ford and GM sales are up...isn't that going to save us? :rolleyes:

Liberals are looking for ANY sign of positive news to give legitimacy to BHO's presidency and administration. It ain't happenin', gang............

k g

Henry V
02-05-2010, 01:51 AM

Holy cow, did anyone else notice that he was sworn in today and now look what happened.

road kill
02-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Holy cow, did anyone else notice that he was sworn in today and now look what happened.

HMMMMM....let's see......If President Obama has been "sworn in" over 1 year and it's still not his fault, maybe we can give Brown a couple hours?

Whatchya think???:D

rk

YardleyLabs
02-05-2010, 06:33 AM
HMMMMM....let's see......If President Obama has been "sworn in" over 1 year and it's still not his fault, maybe we can give Brown a couple hours?

Whatchya think???:D

rk
Well, I guess one way of looking at it would be to say that the DOW is up 11% since his inauguration.:rolleyes:

road kill
02-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Well, I guess one way of looking at it would be to say that the DOW is up 11% since his inauguration.:rolleyes:

I see.....if it's up It's about Obama, if it's down it's about Bush??

All righty then.........

rk

Joe S.
02-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey....what's everybody in an uproar about? Ford and GM sales are up...isn't that going to save us? :rolleyes:

Liberals are looking for ANY sign of positive news to give legitimacy to BHO's presidency and administration. It ain't happenin', gang............

k g

Hummm...

I thought the legitimacy of the Presidency was established by the Constitution of the United States and confirmed by the people during the election process. ;-)

Just Sayin' Regards,

Joe S.

K G
02-05-2010, 08:41 AM
BHO is President of the United States. There. Confirmed. Legitimate. So were Calvin Coolidge and Gerald Ford....:cool:

Let me rephrase for all the Constitutional perfectionists out there: "Liberals are looking for ANY sign of positive news to show the effectiveness of BHO's presidency and administration. It ain't happenin', gang............;-)"

Actually, that feels much better, since I guess all the Presidents have been legitimate, but not all have been effective. He will always have been President; he has yet to show he's effective.....

Thanks, Joe! :D

k g

luvmylabs23139
02-05-2010, 09:11 AM

THE DEMS increased the national debt ceiling by 2 TRILLION. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!

menmon
02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!

I agree...they are all screwed up...some worse than others! But get out of the noise and take advantage of this market!

If all you were listening to is how bad Obama and his congress were going to screw things up, you probabbly sold your stock at the lowest low and missed the 2009 recovery. Again, forget who is making political points. I assure you the smart money is buying!

And I know everyone thinks that what is happening here caused this market to retreat yesterday, but it had absolutely nothing to do with us. What this market is really waiting on is a good jobs report, it got a so so one today, but inspite of the politicial and tea party rhetoric, this economy will start making jobs and it doesn't have to be big just positive and the S&P will be geting out on the point and punking up the hill.

ducknwork
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
What this market is really waiting on is a good jobs report, it got a so so one today,

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/04/news/economy/jobs_outlook/index.htm

If this is so so, I would really hate to see BAD!:shock:

Joe S.
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
BHO is President of the United States. There. Confirmed. Legitimate. So were Calvin Coolidge and Gerald Ford....:cool:

Let me rephrase for all the Constitutional perfectionists out there: "Liberals are looking for ANY sign of positive news to show the effectiveness of BHO's presidency and administration. It ain't happenin', gang............;-)"

Actually, that feels much better, since I guess all the Presidents have been legitimate, but not all have been effective. He will always have been President; he has yet to show he's effective.....

Thanks, Joe! :D

k g

No problem, k g.;-):cool::p

I'm just trying to be helpful...it's my nature, you know.

Helpful Regards,

Helpy Helperson

menmon
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Everything is relative! My bank is paying 0.75% on money markets...bring it in, we will take it with a smile and put it to work.

I just don't get it....it is more important that you prove the current leadership as a failure than make some money!

Will it help if I tell you that you 100% corrent on every account and that Obama is an idiot and our children and their children are going to pay for years, so that you will get out your way make some money?

Franco
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Interest rates will soon be going up. The cost for just about everything will be going up. We have poor leadership in DC and they keep adding to our debt. They are spending billons on entitlements and pork that will have zero positive impact. The Financial markets haven't even been fully shaken out and Goldman Sachs is manipulating events so that they can cash in. I expect to see a big correction in the market and this is certainly no time to be in the stock market!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/article/stocks-slide-on-mixed-jobs-report-debt/811170/

dnf777
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Interest rates will soon be going up. The cost for just about everything will be going up. We have poor leadership in DC and they keep adding to our debt. They are spending billons on entitlements and pork that will have zero positive impact. The Financial markets haven't even been fully shaken out and Goldman Sachs is manipulating events so that they can cash in. I expect to see a big correction in the market and this is certainly no time to be in the stock market!

I'm very afraid you're right.
Since this time last year, when we were holding our breath that the world's monetary systems didn't fail, we have really done NOTHING to address the underlying problems, nor have we generated any jobs (let alone created any wealth) in this country. The banks still conduct business as they damn well please, putting CEO bonuses above all else.

I'm very afraid we haven't hit the bottom yet.

Franco
02-05-2010, 03:02 PM
I hate to say this but, I have often thought that the last couple of Presidents including Obama have placed the welfare of Goldman Sachs above the welfare of our people.

Buzz
02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I hate to say this but, I have often thought that the last couple of Presidents including Obama have placed the welfare of Goldman Sachs above the welfare of our people.

At least the last 3, including Obama. On that, I think we may agree.

Henry V
02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
You may be interested in this: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29127316/the_great_american_bubble_machine

dnf777
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM

They know who butters their bread.

Franco
02-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Goldman Sachs is nothing more than a pyrimid scheme that owns our politicians in the highest levels of government.

Marvin S
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
You may be interested in this: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29127316/the_great_american_bubble_machine

Without a doubt the best post you have ever made!!!!!!!!!!!:BIG: :cool:

dnf777
02-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Holy Crap!

Franco
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Without a doubt the best post you have ever made!!!!!!!!!!!:BIG: :cool:

I can't believe we are all agreeing on an issue! Cum ba ya, cum ba ya...

dnf777
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't believe we are all agreeing on an issue! Cum ba ya, cum ba ya...

Uuhhhh....I believe it's Kum-ba-ya....:roll:

Franco
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Uuhhhh....I believe it's Kum-ba-ya....:roll:

I haven't read part 5 yet. I'm curious if Al Gore is working with Goldman Sachs in offering his Carbon Credits.;-)

limiman12
02-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Nothing wrong with a Money Market account and much better than losing money. I wouldn't touch the stock market with a 100 foot pole right now.

I've never lost money in Real Estate. From raw land to rental property, now is a great time to buy!

You obviously aren't buying farm land in Iowa

Franco
02-06-2010, 07:12 AM
You obviously aren't buying farm land in Iowa

How can some of the most fertile land in the world be losing value?

P S Does the ag land have any recreational potential? Any whitetail, pheasant or ducks and what does this depressed land run per acre lets say for a 2,000 arce track ?

2tall
02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Franco, come buy my waterfront house at a short sale before the bank completes the foreclosure. I'm sure it will be as profitable an investment for you as it was for us. We bought it with 50% equity.

Franco
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Franco, come buy my waterfront house at a short sale before the bank completes the foreclosure. I'm sure it will be as profitable an investment for you as it was for us. We bought it with 50% equity.

I'm just curious as to what farm land cost in Iowa compared to down here. Down here, 2,000 acres of farm land would go for about 1,800 per acre with no structures.