PDA

View Full Version : Dems May Loose Illinois Senate Seat!

Franco
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_illinois_primary

The Dem candidate is 33, no experiece and works for a family bank that is failing! He loves Obama and calls him his mentor;-)

Maybe because neither has any experience?

The GOP candidate is Pro Choice and for gun control.

Election is next week.

road kill
01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_illinois_primary

The Dem candidate is 33, no experiece and works for a family bank that is failing! He loves Obama and calls him his mentor;-)

Maybe because neither has any experience?

The GOP candidate is Pro Choice and for gun control.

Election is next week.

Never happen.

90% of the dead people that vote in Illinois are Democrats!!:D

rk

Julie R.
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
BBBbbbbut how could that possibly happen? I thought Illinois, and that senate seat in particular, has the best politicians money can buy?

dnf777
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
What good is a republican who is pro-choice and wants to take your guns away?

Bayou Magic
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM

My calendar is marked. This is the day we agree completely!

fp

Franco
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM

If there were more Republicans that were Pro Choice, the party wouldn't be such a minority these days. When the GOP gets out from under the foot of the Religious Right, they will be able to attarct many more moderates!

huntinman
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
If there were more Republicans that were Pro Choice, the party wouldn't be such a minority these days. When the GOP gets out from under the foot of the Religious Right, they will be able to attarct many more moderates!

Like John McCain? That's just what we need more of... A moderate is a lib that won't admit it.

Franco
01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Like John McCain? That's just what we need more of... A moderate is a lib that won't admit it.

John McCain lost becaue he ran a very weak campaign, picked Sarah Palin as a running mate and his age. Mitt Romney was a better candidate but many Republicans didn't like the fact that he is a Mormon.

dnf777
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle! Good luck! ;-)

huntinman
01-29-2010, 02:54 PM
John McCain lost becaue he ran a very weak campaign, picked Sarah Palin as a running mate and his age. Mitt Romney was a better candidate but many Republicans didn't like the fact that he is a Mormon.

The press made a bigger deal of Romney's religion than most Republicans I know. I agree about McCains campaign (not the Palin part). I think any Republican would have lost after the timing of the economic problems. Hopefully, we can turn it around in these upcoming elections.

Hew
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
That's an interesting conclusion given that a plurality of Americans (not Republicans or Democrats, but Americans) consider themselves to be pro-choice.

For my money, the Religious Right is a lot less troublesome to the conservative agenda than that nut you think set the moon and stars...Michael Savage. ;-)

Btw, the upcoming election in Illinois is a primary. The general election is in Nov.

Franco
01-29-2010, 03:19 PM
That's an interesting conclusion given that a plurality of Americans (not Republicans or Democrats, but Americans) consider themselves to be pro-choice.

For my money, the Religious Right is a lot less troublesome to the conservative agenda than that nut you think set the moon and stars...Michael Savage. ;-)

Btw, the upcoming election in Illinois is a primary. The general election is in Nov.

I find Dr Savage most entertaining and his "Borders, Language, Culture" motto is right on the money!

BonMallari
01-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Couldnt agree more

Winner

John McCain didnt run a weak campaign...John McCain was a weak candidate from the get go...You just contradicted yourself , you want more moderates but you admit Romney was a better candidate...Romney aint no moderate...

david gibson
01-29-2010, 04:14 PM

a republican who is pro-choice and wants to take your guns away is still better than a democrat who is pro-choice and wants to take your guns away because one voted for bama and the other didnt.

Leddyman
01-29-2010, 08:28 PM
I disagree, if you want to be a Dem be a Dem. Don't try to be a Republican and act like a Dem. I'd rather a Dem be elected so that they get the credit for the crap they pull. It's time they stop having RINO's to give them cover for their unpopular legislation.

Hoping the Democrat wins regards,

pat addis
01-29-2010, 08:44 PM
no hope for the republicans, by the time all the dead people vote in chicago they will carry the day

Franco
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM

Savage doesn't mince words and calls it like he sees it. His perspective of the Balkins situation is on the money and he has been calling-out Goldman Sachs for years. He is the only radio host that is critical of both parties.

And, he was the only political host I know of that critizied the perscribed use of the heart medications classified as Statin drugs.

Right or wrong, I find much on his show compelling!

In regards to the RINO Republican as he is being accused of here, I'd rather have a Republican that wants to shrink the government, balance the budget, protect the people, provide the infastructure for commerce and Pro Choice than any Dem toting the Dem party line.

BonMallari
01-29-2010, 09:58 PM
I like listening to Michael Savage...I just wish his show was on XM radio,

Hew
01-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Savage doesn't mince words and calls it like he sees it. His perspective of the Balkins situation is on the money and he has been calling-out Goldman Sachs for years. He is the only radio host that is critical of both parties. I dunno about that. Glenn Beck regularly assails the GOP...in fact, from what I heard yesterday, he's bascially become a Libertarian. Limbaugh often mocks the "Country Club Republicans," "Lindsey Grahamnesty," etc... and Neil Boortz is a Libertarian.

And, he was the only political host I know of that critizied the perscribed use of the heart medications classified as Statin drugs.

Right or wrong, I find much on his show compelling! He's right way more often than wrong; just as is the Religious Right. You're embarrassed by the Religious Right and I'm embarrassed by Michael Savage. I think he's a hateful, nasty little man whose presentation/schtick only appeals to those who already share his views. He ain't out winning hearts and minds. I suspect that a lot of moderates/independents are repulsed by him.

In regards to the RINO Republican as he is being accused of here, I'd rather have a Republican that wants to shrink the government, balance the budget, protect the people, provide the infastructure for commerce and Pro Choice than any Dem toting the Dem party line. I agree with that. I'm as pragmatic as they come. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

I think I'm fairly conservative, but I don't believe in capital punishment. That's a pretty significant departure from conservative tenets/GOP platform. Now I could flap my arms and yell from the rooftop that the GOP would be better off if it abandoned its support of capital punishment (and politically speaking, it certainly wouldn't be), but I choose to accept that that's one difference I have but overall agree with most of the rest of the program. You might consider my approach given that the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans are pro-life, and a majority of all Americans consider themselves pro-life. ;-) Or I suppose you can continue to pretend that most conservatives/Republicans agree with you about abortion and its that pesky Religious Right that keeps the party/movement in the pro-life dark ages.

Uncle Bill
01-30-2010, 02:36 PM
As a 'former' HEWist, I'm glad I found this out.

"I think I'm fairly conservative, but I don't believe in capitol punishment. That's a pretty significant departure from conservative tenets/GOP platform. Now I could flap my arms and yell from the rooftop that the GOP would be better off if it abandoned its support of capital punishment (and politically speaking, it certainly wouldn't be), but I choose to accept that that's one difference I have but overall agree with most of the rest of the program. You might consider my approach given that the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans are pro-life, and a majority of all Americans consider themselves pro-life. :wink: Or I suppose you can continue to pretend that most conservatives/Republicans agree with you about abortion and its that pesky Religious Right that keeps the party/movement in the pro-life dark ages.

Say it isn't so.:confused: How can I continue to go through life knowing this huge difference in our 'pragmatism'? My views on capitol punishment are along the lines of Ron White, and the rest of the Texas Conservatives.

Woe is me. It's so disruptive to find some chinks in the armor of those placed on one's pedestals-of-the-mind. How will I ever see you again in that shining light of conservative perfection?

This is tantamount to discovering Rush gave a couple of donations to HSUS. What a low blow.

I shall overcome this sad day in history, however, as long as you remain heroically staunch in your objections to that fast moving Iron Horse being proposed by BHO. That could be the straw that might prove to break the back of my great grandkids.:rolleyes:

UB

Hew
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
As a 'former' HEWist, I'm glad I found this out.

"I think I'm fairly conservative, but I don't believe in capitol punishment. That's a pretty significant departure from conservative tenets/GOP platform. Now I could flap my arms and yell from the rooftop that the GOP would be better off if it abandoned its support of capital punishment (and politically speaking, it certainly wouldn't be), but I choose to accept that that's one difference I have but overall agree with most of the rest of the program. You might consider my approach given that the vast majority of conservatives and Republicans are pro-life, and a majority of all Americans consider themselves pro-life. :wink: Or I suppose you can continue to pretend that most conservatives/Republicans agree with you about abortion and its that pesky Religious Right that keeps the party/movement in the pro-life dark ages.

Say it isn't so.:confused: How can I continue to go through life knowing this huge difference in our 'pragmatism'? My views on capitol punishment are along the lines of Ron White, and the rest of the Texas Conservatives.

Woe is me. It's so disruptive to find some chinks in the armor of those placed on one's pedestals-of-the-mind. How will I ever see you again in that shining light of conservative perfection?

This is tantamount to discovering Rush gave a couple of donations to HSUS. What a low blow.

I shall overcome this sad day in history, however, as long as you remain heroically staunch in your objections to that fast moving Iron Horse being proposed by BHO. That could be the straw that might prove to break the back of my great grandkids.:rolleyes:

UB
LOL. You'll have to go to the end of a long line of people I've disappointed in various times of my life, UB. :D

I think the Tampa to Orlando light rail project is just what the doctor ordered to get our local enconomy moving.

j/k....it's another unnecessary boondoggle. Let's see...I can drive to Tampa in less than an hour and a half and have my car under my butt when I get there...or...I can get there in an hour on a train and when I get there, what...hitch-hike the last few miles to my destination?