PDA

View Full Version : Review: TT Tracer Light?

Jim Coggins
02-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I have a friend ready to upgrade to a new TT G3 collar. He would like to add the new tracer light TT offers. However, I have not seen much discussion at all concerning this new item so I do not know how to advise him. He is concerned about the increased size and weight of the receiver unit once the light is added, as well as waterproof condition. Can anyone who has purchased one give a review of this item?
Tks,
Jim

GulfCoast
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
It makes the reciever less than 1/2" taller. The reciever is still totally waterproof. It adds virtually no weight that I can discern. I find the light very handy for keeping track of the dog when airing at night, and at o'dark thirty in the a.m. on a long slog into a duck hole.

Jim Coggins
02-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey, thanks a lot. That info is exactly what I was looking for. My friend and I hunt the Mississippi near La Crosse, WI. His floating duck shack is on railroad property. The trains run fast but not that often. Being able to see the dogs airing at night could be a life saver. thanks again
Jim

It makes the reciever less than 1/2" taller. The reciever is still totally waterproof. It adds virtually no weight that I can discern. I find the light very handy for keeping track of the dog when airing at night, and at o'dark thirty in the a.m. on a long slog into a duck hole.

wdsk
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I added one to my collar last November. The added "size" is really indifferent and it truely is nice to have when airing my dog just before bedtime or early in the morning before sunup. I got the white light, and it works great. We were in S.D. in November and I could let my dog air at night, and keep up with her while she ran around the farm house. I mostly use the blinking setting. No streetlights where we were!! Its a good product i.m.o.

cookin' with fire
02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I installed on both of my collars and I actually like the solid setting. To me, the frquency of the flash setting is a little slow. It is helpful when airing the dog in the morning or the late night walks. Have not noticed any issue with water leakage in the receiver unit and the size differential is not significant. Have a good day.

Joe Dutro
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
You will find that most seem to like the white light better. It seems to be more visible. I put a red on mine and its ok. But the white is much brighter.
Joe

RodneyB46
02-13-2010, 12:07 AM
i have a red and would agree that the soild setting is my choice. the blinking is too slow.your dog could almost be gone before you it flashes again.but the down fall of the soild like is a 40%draw on your battery.unless youve got a collar with a good batery,you will be charging it often if you use the light alot

Lance-CO
02-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Love mine. Planning to get another one when my pup comes home for vacation. My lap dog GSP is solid liver and hard to see at night and early morning. With the tracer, I could see her before she gets too close to the street