PDA

View Full Version : Now we know...

Uncle Bill
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
...what a true Obamanation is. The new budget is as illustrative as we can get. Talk about one person's view on how to completely destroy a nation, this is it. It's utterly insane!

Can you lefties NOT see what's happening to your country? To your grand children and their grand children? Is there none among you that are full of sword wounds, that see the last sword went into your back?

And many of us wonder why the Mayan calender ended in 2012...why Nostradamus couldn't see any future beyond 2012...why so many see the scriptures as being almost fulfilled, and are preparing for the Rapture to occur any moment now. It's hard to argue against, as we watch the complete annihilation of a free Republic.

The lemmings of the left are leading the destruction, and the ignorant sheeple just join in the parade.

UB

Roger Perry
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
...what a true Obamanation is. The new budget is as illustrative as we can get. Talk about one person's view on how to completely destroy a nation, this is it. It's utterly insane!

Can you lefties NOT see what's happening to your country? To your grand children and their grand children? Is there none among you that are full of sword wounds, that see the last sword went into your back?

And many of us wonder why the Mayan calender ended in 2012...why Nostradamus couldn't see any future beyond 2012...why so many see the scriptures as being almost fulfilled, and are preparing for the Rapture to occur any moment now. It's hard to argue against, as we watch the complete annihilation of a free Republic.

The lemmings of the left are leading the destruction, and the ignorant sheeple just join in the parade.

UB

Just wondering what our ecomomy would be like if Bush left office with a balanced budget?

code3retrievers
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Imagine that, Roger brought up Bush again.

Since Obama has quadrupled the debt since Bush even the left may be able to do the math.

There's no excuse for this type of spending.

Roger Perry
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM

Since Obama has quadrupled the debt since Bush even the left may be able to do the math.

Actually, I was talkin about the state of the economy when Obama took over the presidency. When Bush took office, he had 0 defict. I was just comparing If Bush would have left office with a 0 defect do y'all think our economy would still be in ruins? Or better yet what would McCain (the economic wizzard) and Palin have done differently? Lower taxes more for corporations and the wealthy?

dnf777
02-02-2010, 06:07 PM

WHAT?

Quadrupled the DEBT?

Facts just don't matter a hill o' beans here in POTUS! And to think I've been accused of not getting facts straight! This is a whopper of new proportions. Now we know which side distorts and fabricates numbers without regard for any factual basis!

Just wanted to clear that up.

YardleyLabs
02-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Do you just make these numbers up as you go or have you found a source that makes them up for you when not selling magic beans?:p:p

dnf777
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hew! Where are you, thou great guardian of truth and the American Way??
Surely this grotesque distortion of reality has your straps in a twist??!!
Or can republicans tell no lie? :rolleyes::D

Roger Perry
02-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Apparently Hew must agree with code3, Hew is not disputing what code3 said.

Hew
02-03-2010, 12:05 AM
LOL. Easy, Tiger. I know you're excited that for once it's not you on the hot seat for yet another of your made up fantasies, but please don't puppy piddle in your khakis.

dnf777
02-03-2010, 08:41 AM
LOL. Easy, Tiger. I know you're excited that for once it's not you on the hot seat for yet another of your made up fantasies, but please don't puppy piddle in your khakis.

If I puddled everytime I heard a republican lie, I would certainly recommend buying stock in the depends company. ;)

Uncle Bill
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
If I puddled everytime I heard a republican lie, I would certainly recommend buying stock in the depends company. ;)

Hellsbells, you could flood a case of depends by just listening to the myriad of prevarications voiced by your messiah at almost any given speech.

The 'ball' left the republican court long ago. It is firmly in the democrat court now, so deal with it...or are you and Yardley as many suspect, just a couple of Roger clones.

Furthermore, Roger...that "zero" deficit you've credited to Clinton is only seen through your crossed eyes. That dog just won't hunt, Roger, despite your hate of Bush.

Remember that little electoral exercise in '94? After which your beloved womanizer-in-the-White House moved to the center, BECAUSE HE HAD A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS HOLDING ONTO THE PURSE STRINGS.

UB

menmon
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I want to give the Beck and Rush disciples something to think about.

Almost every company that laid off massive numbers of their employees received tax cuts in 2009, because they lost money in 2008, therefore they had a tax credit to carry forward, and depending on the size of their loss, they might not pay taxes for years.

Now here is the tricky part, why have they not been making jobs given they are paying no taxes. Reganomics 101 - no taxes more jobs. That is the problem with the right, they can't read nor think, so they turn to idiots like Beck and Rush for their answers.

Now lets talk about government spending - most of it comes back through taxes. In other words the government buys a dog from me and I pay taxes on the profit, I take my profit and buy dog food and the guy that sold me dog food pays taxes on his profit and the dog food guy go to Ricks and buys a table dance and the dancer doesn't pay taxes but the guy that sold her shoes or a g-string the next day does. I think you get it.

I'm sure I stirred them up with this one.

road kill
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Almost every company that laid off massive numbers of their employees received tax cuts in 2009, because they lost money in 2008, therefore they had a tax credit to carry forward, and depending on the size of their loss, they might not pay taxes for years.

Now here is the tricky part, why have they not been making jobs given they are paying no taxes. Reganomics 101 - no taxes more jobs. That is the problem with the right, they can't read nor think, so they turn to idiots like Beck and Rush for their answers.

Now lets talk about government spending - most of it comes back through taxes. In other words the government buys a dog from me and I pay taxes on the profit, I take my profit and buy dog food and the guy that sold me dog food pays taxes on his profit and the dog food guy go to Ricks and buys a table dance and the dancer doesn't pay taxes but the guy that sold her shoes or a g-string the next day does. I think you get it.

OK, are these quantative terms?

We all know President Obama can dance, I saw the youtube video.

I have a small business.
1 employee (me).

I pay crazy taxes.

I need to find out which vertical S.I.C. you speak of and change.;-)

Just tossin' it out there.

rk

M&K's Retrievers
02-03-2010, 04:22 PM

You didn't stir up squat. Where in the world did you come up with this nugget of wisdom regarding tax credits because they laid off employees? I think your confusing tax credits with loss of income. They are not creating jobs because no one is buying.

Chicken or the egg regards

menmon
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
It just flew over your head didn't it.

If a company loses money they are able to carry a tax credit forward, so until they use it up, they don't pay taxes.

The right's big arguement is that if you cut taxes you will create jobs, and its not that easy.

Lets compare the president to the new CEO of lets say Citibank, both equally screwed up when they took over the leadership. Now both of them have been in the job about a year and the country and Citi are still screwed up, but showing some signs of improvement...not to say I'm a buyer of US Treasuries of Citi Bonds anytime soon, but my point is that it takes time to fix things when they have been damaged as bad as my too examples.

Now also keep in mind that the president can't go and fire everyone to fix his problems, nor not fund the schools our children go to and not maintain a ready defense or not take care of elderly and veterens, etc. etc.

Please guys use your brain for something other than blowing a dog whistle.

Marvin S
02-03-2010, 05:20 PM

If a company loses money they are able to carry a tax credit forward, so until they use it up, they don't pay taxes.

The right's big arguement is that if you cut taxes you will create jobs, and its not that easy.

Lets compare the president to the new CEO of lets say Citibank, both equally screwed up when they took over the leadership. Now both of them have been in the job about a year and the country and Citi are still screwed up, but showing some signs of improvement...not to say I'm a buyer of US Treasuries of Citi Bonds anytime soon, but my point is that it takes time to fix things when they have been damaged as bad as my two examples.

Now also keep in mind that the president can't go and fire everyone to fix his problems, nor not fund the schools our children go to and not maintain a ready defense or not take care of elderly and veterens, etc. etc.

:) :) Apparently you have never been in the position of meeting a payroll from earned funds, however small. :-P

You have more credibility when you show a reasonable level of literacy & don't play the anonymous game. ;-)

menmon
02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I have...and a tax cut would not have helped then, but a better crop subsidy would have...Remember Gramm Rudman...it was wounderful republican legislation during the 80s recession when your savior Regan was in office that broke almost all the farmers.

road kill
02-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I have...and a tax cut would not have helped then, but a better crop subsidy would have...Remember Gramm Rudman...it was wounderful republican legislation during the 80s recession when your savior Regan was in office that broke almost all the farmers.

More absolutes??

rk:D

menmon
02-03-2010, 05:34 PM
What is unclear about what I just wrote...Reagan screw us farmer while he made the defense contractors rich

K G
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Hope you're not too disappointed that this didn't happen.... ;-)

kg

Hoosier
02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
What is unclear about what I just wrote...Reagan screw us farmer while he made the defense contractors rich

Sounds like you have both hands out.

dnf777
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Get ready Sambo. When you poke holes in their hot air balloon, and point out the foibles of big-business republicans, you can expect nit-picking, diversions, personal attacks (a form of diversions) and more refutations in the form of lies and manufactured ideas. Note: one just claimed that Obama quadrupled the national debt during his first year!! I think even his compadres back-stepped away from that one!

Good to have another voice of reason in this sea of BeckRush flotsum.

M&K's Retrievers
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM

Lets compare the president to the new CEO of lets say Citibank, both equally screwed up when they took over the leadership. Now both of them have been in the job about a year and the country and Citi are still screwed up, but showing some signs of improvement...not to say I'm a buyer of US Treasuries of Citi Bonds anytime soon, but my point is that it takes time to fix things when they have been damaged as bad as my too examples.

In the words of Homer Simpson "Doh!" Tax credits for losses are not tax reductions. Tax reductions stimulate business because they allow the companies to keep more of what they make and reinvest it in their business. Key words are "make" vs. "loss".

I'd rather blow my dog whistle than show my arse.

dnf777
02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I'd rather blow my dog whistle than show my arse.

Fortunately, you don't have to choose between the two! :D:D

(please take that in good-natured sense it was intended....you really left that one hanging!) It does create a disturbing image, though.

M&K's Retrievers
02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Fortunately, you don't have to choose between the two! :D:D

(please take that in good-natured sense it was intended....you really left that one hanging!) It does create a disturbing image, though.

I did chose between the two. Just got back from training which required whistle blowing. Sambo on the other hand....

Buzz
02-04-2010, 09:22 AM
You didn't stir up squat. Where in the world did you come up with this nugget of wisdom regarding tax credits because they laid off employees? I think your confusing tax credits with loss of income. They are not creating jobs because no one is buying.

Chicken or the egg regards

That does not sound like a comment that a supply sider would make.

Goose
02-04-2010, 09:59 AM

UB

The Mayan's were probably right.

Tomorrow (Friday) the liars at the BLS will be forced to revise payrolls lower by 824,000 jobs prorated across all months in 2008-2009. The reason has to do with a huge glitch in how the government models for jobs. What a surprise. And you libs want to give them control of healthcare, too? They can't even freaking count!

The next revision will be in early 2011 with another 990,000 jobs whacked because of their (so precise) modeling. Added up that's a loss of close to 2 million jobs. Actually those jobs never existed.

Unemployment in this country is probably north of 20% and Obama wants to give us a nearly $4 trillion dollar budget? Somebody needs to help Dear Leader understand where government receipts come from. Hint...it damn sure doesn't come from the unemployed. 20% unemployment will destroy social security. Just watch.

Buy your groceries now. We're doomed with this crew.

We live in Cuba now.

menmon
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
It's $1.6T not $4T...and your hero Bush had a $1.3T budget...rounding errors...another example of bad information.

I'm pretty sure you were not ragging his budget and all the pork his republican congress was piling on his sandwich of bullshit. No he had our best interest at heart fighting terrorism, keeping americans safe and making sure that oil flowed but not too fast so that his buddies could get a fair price for it of $100-$150 a barrel. Also he was looking out for the less fortunate by cutting taxes, making jobs, while having the highest inflation rate the country has seen since the end of vietnam...if my memory serves me well, I'm sure that Nixon cut taxes too, but didn't get the troops home in time to keep that little conflict in budget, so he undid the woods act...for those who don't know what that was..it was the gold standard...see everyone blames Carter for the inflation of the 80s, but it was Nixon that let the cat out....and Carter's Fed Chairman at the time was Paul Volker...not a very popular guy at the time...damn hero now! Because he did what it took to fix our monetary system and it broke a lot of banks...FYI banks were banks back then, so a failed bank didn't bring down the entire economy....I'm getting tired of sighting history....but your time would be better used reading some history instead on tooning into Beck/Rush..

M&K's Retrievers
02-04-2010, 10:56 AM
It's $1.6T not $4T...and your hero Bush had a $1.3T budget...rounding errors...another example of bad information.

I'm pretty sure you were not ragging his budget and all the pork his republican congress was piling on his sandwich of bullshit. No he had our best interest at heart fighting terrorism, keeping americans safe and making sure that oil flowed but not too fast so that his buddies could get a fair price for it of $100-$150 a barrel. Also he was looking out for the less fortunate by cutting taxes, making jobs, while having the highest inflation rate the country has seen since the end of vietnam...if my memory serves me well, I'm sure that Nixon cut taxes too, but didn't get the troops home in time to keep that little conflict in budget, so he undid the woods act...for those who don't know what that was..it was the gold standard...see everyone blames Carter for the inflation of the 80s, but it was Nixon that let the cat out....and Carter's Fed Chairman at the time was Paul Volker...not a very popular guy at the time...damn hero now! Because he did what it took to fix our monetary system and it broke a lot of banks...FYI banks were banks back then, so a failed bank didn't bring down the entire economy....I'm getting tired of sighting history....but your time would be better used reading some history instead on tooning into Beck/Rush..

You might want to stick to history because your current events suck. Obama's 2011 budget is $3.83T.

menmon
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Last time I looked it was 2010...I've been known to be a day or two behind but not a year

M&K's Retrievers
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Scuse me. Obama's 2010 budget $3.55T

menmon
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
That is just absolutely incorrect! Now I know you are a Beck/Ruch junkie!

M&K's Retrievers
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Pay attention now. I said budget not deficit.

ducknwork
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Sambo, add the mandatory spending and discretionary spending in the link below. It's about half way down the page, right next to the pie chart with all the pretty colors...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_federal_budget

Here is some more info in case someone is curious...

http://www.onlineforextrading.com/blog/federal-budget-broken-down/

M&K's Retrievers
02-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Now I know you are a Beck/Ruch junkie!

Actually, I've never seen Beck but I hear he's pretty damn funny. I do occasionally listen to Rush whenever I can't tune in Air America.:rolleyes: Perhaps you should do yourself a favor see what he has to say. Might surprise you.

Goose
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Sambo, you're confusing projected federal deficits with Dear Leader's proposed budget. Make no mistake that his budget approaches $4 trillion dollars.

That's ok...most libs get dizzy when talking about such big numbers:)

dnf777
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Sambo, you're confusing projected federal deficits with Dear Leader's proposed budget. Make no mistake that his budget approaches $4 trillion dollars.

Yeah, coming off an 8 year bender

ducknwork
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM

So the spending during this last year was a little 'hair of the dog'?;)

Goose
02-04-2010, 02:13 PM

I thought all the libs in Pennsylvania were in Harrisburg today? Shouldn't you be up there helping the City Council?

YardleyLabs
02-04-2010, 02:25 PM

I'm not crazy about the proposed budget. To be more precise, I am somewhat crazy about the proposed budget and am opposed to it.

However, it is a bit tricky to compare Bush's budget with this one since Bush kept leaving so much out of the budget (e.g., two wars). In his last budget, Bush estimated the deficit at a little over $400 billion and never said what the total budget would be. In fact, the budget incorporated deficits of more than $1 trillion and totaled about $3.2 trillion. That $3.2 trillion was after taking advantage of a surplus of $180 billion+ from social security, a surplus that is declining each year. In projecting future years, the Bush budget assumed that all tax cuts would expire (i.e., taxes would return to the Clinton levels before the cuts in 2001 and 2002) and that the cost of the wars would end in February 2009. Of course, it also assumed that there would be no economic collapse.

The Obama budget explicitly includes the bulk of war costs and future year projections assume that some, but not all, of the Bush tax cuts will be extended. The increase in the budget is almost entirely attributable to increases in defense expenditures and Medicare and Medicaid costs. The latter have increased about 10% as more people have become eligible for Medicaid following loss of their jobs. Some increase in deficit was inevitable given the tail end costs of the stimulus program and revenue losses from the recession. However, I believe that much sharper action is needed. Unfortunately, the non-entitlement, non-defense, and non-debt service portions of the budget are simply not big enough to contribute much to the solution. A balancing of the budget will have to include revenue increases through economic growth and through allowing almost all of the unfunded tax cuts to expire. In addition, it will require substantial cuts in defense and in entitlements. I do not see any way to eliminate the deficit without cuts in both.