PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda ‘certain’ to attack U.S. within months

Roger Perry
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Intelligence officials say terror group is intent on ‘a large-scale operation’

The Obama administration's top intelligence officials on Tuesday described it as "certain" that al-Qaeda or its allies will try to attack the United States in the next six months, and they called for new flexibility in how U.S. officials detain and question terrorist suspects.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35212549/ns/us_news-washington_post/

Obama, like Bush has been warned. Will Obama take the warning seriously and be able to stop an attack before it can be carried out or we destine to have another 9/11 incident?

M&K's Retrievers
02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I really doubt it.

YardleyLabs
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, it seems to me that if nothing happens, the explanation will not be that vigilance succeeded in preventing an attack, but that no attack was tried. If something happens, it will not be that our forces were vigilant but that an attack got through anyway, it will be that warnings were ignored. We will dissect until we find someone or something to blame. The fact is that a determined foe only has to succeed once, no matter how often they try, to be successful. A defender has to succeed every time, no matter how many attempts are made, to be a success. With that as our yardstick, failure is simply a matter of time.

dnf777
02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm just wondering how many top level officials and how much money it took to conclude that our sworn enemies will try to attack us??

Seems like it would be a lot cheaper to have a groundhog come out of a hole and see its shadow to figure that one out.

I hope Obama is taking the threat seriously, and properly prioritizing security initiatives.

M&K's Retrievers
02-03-2010, 10:45 AM
I really doubt it.

ducknwork
02-03-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm just wondering how many top level officials and how much money it took to conclude that our sworn enemies will try to attack us??

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAA!:p

I guess Joe Biden was off on his prediction by about a year...:rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I do pray that we avoid being attacked again. I promise, that if Obama stops it, I will say something good about him. :)

Steel in his spine:rolleyes: regards,

ErinsEdge
02-03-2010, 11:00 AM
My understanding is the special task force that is supposed to head up interogations is still looking for an office, since Obama created it after he was sworn in. I sure hope they are going to move faster now?

Franco
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Hard to get infromation from terrorist when we read them Maranda Rights right after they get arrested!

Shame on Obama and Holder for weakening our ability to gain information in the fight against terror.

Buzz
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Hard to get infromation from terrorist when we read them Maranda Rights right after they get arrested!

Shame on Obama and Holder for weakening our ability to gain information in the fight against terror.

Kinda like when the shoe bomber was read his rights, four separate times.

Franco
02-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Kinda like when the shoe bomber was read his rights, four separate times.

You won't find me defending Bush43. The fact of the matter is that we should have learned how to handle these people by now. Apparently not.

YardleyLabs
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM

And yet, the reports are that he has been talking like crazy, that his information has already led to multiple arrests, and that he has named all those involved in supplying him with explosives and training. His family was flown over from Nigeria to meet with him and encourage his participation. (See for example http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/02/news-roundup-underwear-bomber-giving-fbi-actionable-intelligence/1).

mjh345
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM

They claim that the underwear bomber is still singing like a canary ....[hopefully not in a coal mine]

Franco
02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
They claim that the underwear bomber is still singing like a canary ....[hopefully not in a coal mine]

So we have one that is young, stupid and soft that is singing. What about the hardcore?

We are going to create policy because of one weak terrorist?

Julie R.
02-03-2010, 01:07 PM
So we have one that is young, stupid and soft that is singing. What about the hardcore?

We are going to create policy because of one weak terrorist?

Exactly...and you can bet the Al Qaeda masterminds won't make that mistake again; the next operation will use fully indoctrinated psychos who will be better trained and fear failure of their mission more than blowing themselves up.

ducknwork
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM

I would be doing more than singing if I detonated explosives right next to my junk.

badbullgator
02-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I bet it is soprano at any rate

kjrice
02-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Hopefully they hit Port St Lucie first! :-P

Hew
02-04-2010, 05:54 AM
He's not "still" singing. He's AGAIN singing. As in...50 minutes into his initial interrogation with him singing like a canary, he was informed that he, a Nigerian caught trying to murder a few hundred Americans, had the Constitutional right to have an attorney represent him and to shut his mouth. He availed himself of both rights. Do you think it possible that his terroist homies might have adjusted their plans, moved their safehouses and cleaned out/moved their bank accounts in the weeks between his capture and his relatives urging him to speak again w/ investigators?

K G
02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Two things we can all agree on, pretty much:

1) if no attack happens, BHO has kept the country safe....he is "Da Man"....

2) if an attack happens, Bush43 left BHO with too much to do to keep the country safe....he is Damned....

Discussion over regards,

k g

dnf777
02-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Two things we can all agree on, pretty much:

1) if no attack happens, BHO has kept the country safe....he is "Da Man"....

2) if an attack happens, Bush43 left BHO with too much to do to keep the country safe....he is Damned....

Discussion over regards,

k g

Thanks for the good chuckle this morning!
Of course, it will really be:

We get attacked: Obama's weak

We don't get attacked: Bush rid the world of evil before he left

Oh, wherever we do get attacked, it will be the gay residents of that area invoking the wrath of God, according to the religious right, along with Obama's aunt. :rolleyes: