PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Auntie Still Freeloading

btlook1
02-05-2010, 04:01 AM
I usually avoid the poltical forums but had to post this one after reading it. I assume it's true but don't know for sure.

This morning, the fate of Boston’s most infamous illegal immigrant, Zeituni Polly Onyango (also known as “Aunt Zeituni”) will be determined in a closed-door hearing.

Why in secret? Because Auntie’s saga reveals every embarrassing truth that amnesty advocates and open-borders liberals like Mayor Tom Menino and Gov. Deval Patrick try to hide.

The most important being that illegal immigrants don’t get that way without first doing something, well, illegal.

President Barack Obama’s Aunt Zeituni admits she illegally overstayed her visa. Instead of obeying the law, she went to a judge in 2003 with a bogus request for asylum. She was turned down. She ignored the deportation order and instead filed an appeal. She was told again: It’s illegal for you to stay.

She’s still here.

Aunt Zeituni donated $260 to her nephew’s campaign for president - which is also against the law because she’s not a U.S. citizen. How against the law is it? Remember when the president launched his unprecedented attack against the Supreme Court during his State of the Union? His complaint was that foreigners might donate money to influence U.S. elections.

All these crimes extend from the first crime - violating our immigration laws. It is simply impossible to stay in this country illegally without committing other crimes, like tax fraud and identity theft.

But it’s not the illegal stuff that Aunt Zeituni’s doing that’s so outrageous. It’s what she’s apparently able to do legally and openly.

She is shamelessly - and happily - living in taxpayer-subsidized housing intended for citizens and legal immigrants. Is there some poor American veteran living in a shelter because she’s got this apartment? Aunt Zeituni doesn’t care - why should she? Menino and the Boston Housing Authority don’t.

And now she’s back in court, using taxpayer resources with another bogus bid for asylum. She says she can’t go back to Kenya because of “political turmoil.” Sorry lady, but if that’s the basis for an appeal, nobody would have been allowed back in the White House since Scott Brown’s election.

Aunt Zeituni’s case puts the lie to the old canard that all criminal immigrants are here to work. She gets a stipend from a city program, along with her housing. In fact, as the Center for Immigration Studies points out, illegal immigrant households are far more likely to be on the dole than the average American. She also highlights the obvious truth of the Heritage Foundation study that our 12 million illegal immigrants are a $2.2 trillion net drain on the taxpayers over the course of their lifetimes.

All of which ignores the most obvious and angering question: Why are Boston taxpayers stuck taking care of the aunt of the president of the United States?

She’s got a millionaire in the family right now, one who also happens to live in public housing, by the way. He’s got room, too. Worst case scenario, Joe Biden can bunk with Bo.

Instead we get another secret deal that’s almost certain to keep the taxpayers on the hook. Mr. President, here’s a problem you can solve with a phone call. Get your aunt a plane ticket to Kenya, or D.C., or hey - how about Nebraska?

Call it the Ben Nelson version of immigration reform. We pay for their Medicaid, Omaha pays for your aunt.

Hew
02-05-2010, 06:10 AM
Aunt Zeituni donated $260 to her nephew’s campaign for president - which is also against the law because she’s not a U.S. citizen. How against the law is it? Remember when the president launched his unprecedented attack against the Supreme Court during his State of the Union? His complaint was that foreigners might donate money to influence U.S. elections.
Isn't that rich? :rolleyes:

Buzz
02-05-2010, 08:41 AM
The things you guys will dig up to be outraged about.

Barack Obama's 'Auntie Zeituni', found by The Times living on a Boston housing estate, appears to have made an illegal contribution to her nephew's presidential campaign because she is not a US citizen.
Following the revelation, Obama's campaign issued a statement saying that Senator Obama had no knowledge of his aunt's immigration status, and that he believed all appropriate laws should be followed in dealing with the issue.

The Obama Campaign said Mr. Obama was not aware that his aunt was in the U.S. illegally, and that the money she donated to his campaign will be returned to her.

Hoosier
02-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Multiply this case by about 20 million, and that's the situation we now have. So, yes it's easy be be outraged. Obami should lead by example, and boot her outta here. I would love to see him grab her by the ear, and lead her onto an African bound plane.

luvmylabs23139
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
She should have been tossed years ago! She is living off of peoples tax dollars.
Set an example and verify that everyone iin public housing is legal. If not put them on a rickety boat and push it off the shore to wherever!!!

dnf777
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Multiply this case by about 20 million, and that's the situation we now have. So, yes it's easy be be outraged. Obami should lead by example, and boot her outta here. I would love to see him grab her by the ear, and lead her onto an African bound plane.

First, if she's here illegally, she should be deported in accordance with our laws.

Second, I'm amazed that 20 million aliens flocked into our borders in the one year since Obama has been president! Surely, after 8 years of the whitehouse, and six years of congress, the republican had this illegal alien problem under control? Right?

Gee, the plan was brilliant. Aunti wants the "good life" in Amercia. What easier way to obtain that then to have your sibling have a bi-racial child in the 1960s to Kenyans, smuggle him into the US via Hawaii with forged newspaper articles and birth certificates, have him matriculate and graduate from Harvard and become a constitutional law professor at a major university, then sneak him into the white house, to facilitate your being here illegally. And it all only costs $260!! The woman is brilliant!! So easy, a caveman can do it!

Franco
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
easy, a caveman can do it!

Are we gonna start slammin' cavemen here on RTF?

Besides, most of the folks that live in the southeastern part of the USA don't believe that cavemen ever exsisted!

ducknwork
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Gee, the plan was brilliant. Aunti wants the "good life" in Amercia. What easier way to obtain that then to have your sibling have a bi-racial child in the 1960s to Kenyans, smuggle him into the US via Hawaii with forged newspaper articles and birth certificates, have him matriculate and graduate from Harvard and become a constitutional law professor at a major university, then sneak him into the white house, to facilitate your being here illegally. And it all only costs $260!! The woman is brilliant!! So easy, a caveman can do it!

Can you provide a link to your source?:rolleyes:

;)

Marvin S
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM

I can see you haven't lived in SD long enough to have some of that citizenry's moral code rub off on you ;-).

But - Wrong is Wrong - it's that simple. Don't you believe the crooks in Both Parties like to overlook these transgressions so they can guage what they can gouge? Just asking?

Hoosier
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
First, if she's here illegally, she should be deported in accordance with our laws.

Second, I'm amazed that 20 million aliens flocked into our borders in the one year since Obama has been president! Surely, after 8 years of the whitehouse, and six years of congress, the republican had this illegal alien problem under control? Right?

And you got all that as a response to my post.:rolleyes:

I don't believe this all started with Obami, but this is the first time I've heard of a sitting President having some illegal relatives, in government housing, thumbing their nose at our immigration laws. This is the messiahs chance to prove 'change has come to Washington" and set an example.

dnf777
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Like I said, if she's here wrongfully, she should be deported. But you and I know that the privileged, ruling class, whether they have an "r" or a "d" after their names, will not subject themselves to the same rules you and I follow.

dnf777
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Can you provide a link to your source?:rolleyes:

;)

www.learn_to_recognize_satire_when_u_see_it.com :D

Buzz
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I can see you haven't lived in SD long enough to have some of that citizenry's moral code rub off on you ;-).

But - Wrong is Wrong - it's that simple. Don't you believe the crooks in Both Parties like to overlook these transgressions so they can guage what they can gouge? Just asking?

What exactly is Obama getting away with here? Is it appropriate for an elected official to get involved in a relative's affairs, or should things play out the way they would for anyone else. I think we can agree that if he intervened on her behalf and got preferential treatment for her, that would be wrong. I also feel that if he intervened and was able to get her deported immediately because of who he is, it would be an abuse of power, and equally wrong.

Buzz
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
And you got all that as a response to my post.:rolleyes:

I don't believe this all started with Obami, but this is the first time I've heard of a sitting President having some illegal relatives, in government housing, thumbing their nose at our immigration laws. This is the messiahs chance to prove 'change has come to Washington" and set an example.

You can choose your friends, you can't choose your family.

Marvin S
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
What exactly is Obama getting away with here? Is it appropriate for an elected official to get involved in a relative's affairs, or should things play out the way they would for anyone else. I think we can agree that if he intervened on her behalf and got preferential treatment for her, that would be wrong. I also feel that if he intervened and was able to get her deported immediately because of who he is, it would be an abuse of power, and equally wrong.

He didn't give back the $260! :) :) :)

Buzz
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
He didn't give back the $260! :) :) :)

Can you document that? This would be a legitimate point of criticism.

ducknwork
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
www.learn_to_recognize_satire_when_u_see_it.com :D

LMAO...

Hence the ;)

Buzz
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
LMAO...

Hence the ;)

What's funny is, I clicked on the link. Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

YardleyLabs
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
If I encountered a half sister of a father that left when I was two with no subsequent contact, it would take a lot more than a family tree to convince me to consider that person as a relative. Obama could have acted legally at any time in the last many years to help her become a resident by sponsoring her. He did not. Any action he took to single her out for special treatment to get her expelled from the country would have been an abuse of power. I have seen nothing that suggests that she has been treated differently from anyone else in her position based on her very distant relationship to the President.

dnf777
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
LMAO...

Hence the ;)

Just trying to lighten thing up a bit....it is friday, afterall.

Have a good one my friend,

Dave

Hoosier
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
You can choose your friends, you can't choose your family.

Believe me, I know that all to well. I would love to have the chance to expel a bunch of the family from the country though.;)

Buzz
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Believe me, I know that all to well. I would love to have the chance to expel a bunch of the family from the country though.;)

That pretty much puts us in the same boat then. Sadly however, some of the relatives I would have deported are no longer with us, and what I wouldn't give to spend a little time with them again.