PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Tax Cheat?

Roger Perry
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Records: Palin hasn't paid tax on cabins

Structures not noted in assessments of former Alaska governor's properties

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Records show that Sarah Palin hasn't paid any property taxes on cabins that have been built on two backcountry plots partially owned by the former Alaska governor.
There are no tax assessments for the two-story, house-sized cabins, a workshop and a sauna spotted Thursday in an aerial survey. Property taxes totaling $156.13 were paid on the land in 2009 ó but that bill did not include anything for the structures because the local assessor didn't know about the new construction nearly 100 miles north of Anchorage.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35250913/ns/politics/

Just wondering if Palin "forgot" to get building permits also?

precisionlabradors
02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
shhhhhhhhhh
________
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C6 (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6)

YardleyLabs
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
It sounds like a pretty small deal to me.

Eric Johnson
02-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Who's to say that the structures had to be permitted? I live in a county in Alabama that is a part of a large metropolitan area. We didn't need to get any permits to build 3 years ago. 100 miles out in the wilderness?

Eric

Roger Perry
02-05-2010, 10:31 AM
It sounds like a pretty small deal to me.

So is Obama' Aunt Zeituni. ;-)

WRL
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
I believe building permits are only required in incorporated areas within AK.

WRL

duckheads
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
somebody needs to get a life!

huntinman
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Sounds like the tax assessor should be investigated!!! Man the libs are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

M&K's Retrievers
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
This is way worse than Geithner's failure to pay income tax....

ducknwork
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Does this qualify her for a position in Obama's cabinet?

Fits right in now regards,

Sundown49 aka Otey B
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I work part time in a county property Valuation office. It is the tax assessor's job to determine what is on property. IT IS NOT the owners responsibility. Currently we are doing a county wide check ..be surprised what we find...........In other words is the assessor a Democrat? ..........LOL

WaterDogRem
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Sounds like another story where the reporters don't know all the facts and/or how the system works. What a surprise! And some people just believe what they read. Thanks for the re-occurring garbage. :D

badbullgator
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Well at least Roger is getting a hard on for a woman now........

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif

precisionlabradors
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Sounds like another story where the reporters don't know all the facts and/or how the system works. What a surprise! And some people just believe what they read. Thanks for the re-occurring garbage. :D

it is amusing how several on this board brush this stuff aside when it is someone they don't want to accept as an idiot, but cry huge foul over it when someone they don't like does it.

also amusing how the media is biased too easy on D's and need to be scrutinized more heavily, but too hard on R's and the facts need to be tossed out.

finally, amusing that the media hypocrisy is constantly discussed and people on this board ready to start and encourage a coup over minor, minor things the D's do, but turn their heads when it's an R.
________
WEED (http://www.youtube.com/dispensaries)

Hoosier
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif http://forums.floridasportsman.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/IMOsmiley/biglaugh.gif

Post of the day:D:D

Sundown49 aka Otey B
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
GOOD one Corey.......hahahahahaha.

WaterDogRem
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
it is amusing how several on this board brush this stuff aside when it is someone they don't want to accept as an idiot, but cry huge foul over it when someone they don't like does it.

also amusing how the media is biased too easy on D's and need to be scrutinized more heavily, but too hard on R's and the facts need to be tossed out.

finally, amusing that the media hypocrisy is constantly discussed and people on this board ready to start and encourage a coup over minor, minor things the D's do, but turn their heads when it's an R.

If you're suggesting I'm brushing it off, you're somewhat correct, but it's because of the media, especially of late, is more interested in getting a news headline out before knowing the facts. Whatever bias the media is R, D, or pseudo I, they all do it. And is why I try not to watch news stations anymore. AK runs everything a little different than the lower 48, and is it not the tax assessorís job to assess any property?

P.S. in case you didn't notice, I've never and won't support Palin politically.

Question everything regards,
Tom

kjrice
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM

WRL
Now Lee, you know you can't bring common sense to a resident of Port St. Havana.

WRL
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
If you're suggesting I'm brushing it off, you're somewhat correct, but it's because of the media, especially of late, is more interested in getting a news headline out before knowing the facts. Whatever bias the media is R, D, or pseudo I, they all do it. And is why I try not to watch news stations anymore. AK runs everything a little different than the lower 48, and is it not the tax assessorís job to assess any property?

P.S. in case you didn't notice, I've never and won't support Palin politically.

Question everything regards,
Tom

Absolutely AK does run everything a bit different. Its for the most part a bunch of "anti-government types" in the rural areas. I don't every remember any inspections on our sewer/house/barn that we built when I was growing up.

There are squatters at every turn (funny stories dealing with people wanting to "live" on my family's property just outside of Soldotna last summer).

My parents just put a home on their property down here in WA. This is the second year in a row that the county has not taxed the new home on it. Are they supposed to go pound on the tax assessor's door and say you forgot to charge me??? I think not.

It is the COUNTY's (and in AK its Burough's) job to get out there and visually assess property.

WRL

Juli H
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Records: Palin hasn't paid tax on cabins

Structures not noted in assessments of former Alaska governor's properties

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Records show that Sarah Palin hasn't paid any property taxes on cabins that have been built on two backcountry plots partially owned by the former Alaska governor.
There are no tax assessments for the two-story, house-sized cabins, a workshop and a sauna spotted Thursday in an aerial survey. Property taxes totaling $156.13 were paid on the land in 2009 — but that bill did not include anything for the structures because the local assessor didn't know about the new construction nearly 100 miles north of Anchorage.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35250913/ns/politics/

Just wondering if Palin "forgot" to get building permits also?

Roger, you don't have a clue...

first of all, I am not entirely sure the area in which these cabins are built are in an area where building permits are required...building permits are not required in MUCH of alaska..Sounds like these are built in a recreational area (fly in or boat it only) south of the Parks Highway ( a quick search shows that building permits are not required in the Deshka river area, which is probably where these cabins are).... Here in Tok, you could build a house out of mud and 1x4's, if you wanted.... hell, half the houses in rural alaska aren't even finished (including MINE)....

keep digging buddy...keep digging....

Juli

precisionlabradors
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM

first of all, I am not entirely sure the area in which these cabins are built are in an area where building permits are required...building permits are not required in MUCH of alaska..Sounds like these are built in a recreational area (fly in or boat it only) south of the Parks Highway ( a quick search shows that building permits are not required in the Deshka river area, which is probably where these cabins are).... Here in Tok, you could build a house out of mud and 1x4's, if you wanted.... hell, half the houses in rural alaska aren't even finished (including MINE)....

Juli

his dig was about almost as deep as the links of things posted by yourself on here

just sayin

besides palin doesnt' mind the press talking crap about her. no press is bad press for the rogue.
________
Handjob slow (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/688/slow/videos/1)

Juli H
02-06-2010, 12:11 AM
his dig was about almost as deep as the links of things posted by yourself on here

just sayin

besides palin doesnt' mind the press talking crap about her. no press is bad press for the rogue.

What links do I post on here? maybe you are confusing me with Julie R? cause I don't post links very often, esp not on potus... now I did have quite a discussion going about foodstamps, but don't recall any links...

Juli (no E) :)

limiman12
02-06-2010, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't even know she did anything wrong.
I'll probably get skinned for saying it, but I wouldn't doubt that Geithner and Dascle didn't know either. Their personal and business affairs are so complicated and vast that they all count on other people to handle things correctly.
I don't know if any of these people purposely cheated but I am willing to cut them some slack on it. Even if I don't like their political views.
Walt

The version I heard on Dascle at least, he definatly knew.... In fact the story I heard was that his accountant pointed it out and Daschle said no big deal or what ever.....

So are you saying that someone that can't keep track if they have paid their income tax has the ability to determine our laws and economic future????

Not saying that Palin's deal is nothing, it is, but much different story then income tax ivasion, and it is "partially owned" by her according to the OP....

FWIW, I think Palin is about the worst thing that can happen to the REPUB party and her selection for vp caused me to lose a TON of respect for McCain. Still voted for him, but She has no place in National politics with some of the stuff she has said. I think I would probably like her personally, and would have a beer with her, hunt with her whatever, but I would not feel comfortable with her in charge. It would be the far extreme of what we have now, and while I don't like the way things are now, everything in MODERATION....

limiman12
02-06-2010, 02:04 AM

INCOME Tax ivasion is MINOR, ask wesley snipes how nonpoliticians or government nominees get treated.

VOWING that all debates will be on CSPAN

Calling people in their own party f-ing retards (by the way rush is an idiot too)

Dem rep getss elected by narrow margin in NY and gets seated the next day Brown was two weeks or more with a much larger margin?

Huge tax cuts for labor unions that support you in exchange for a vote

financial support for a "communtiy organization" that said "oh yeah" to minors in a prostitution ring and committed voter fraud????

All Minor, minor things

And I agree that the repubs aren't any better at times, but at least they can come up with nominees that paid the taxes. No wonder dems don't mind tax hikes they don't pay them anyway

Hew
02-06-2010, 05:17 AM

WRL
Sounds like heaven. Building officials/inspectors are the bane of my existence. Particularly now that things are slow...everything gets nitpicked because they're clawing to keep their jobs. The plans reviewer who used to review 10 plans a day now has 3 on his desk...he better find something messed up to give him more work to do next week (reviewing your revised plans that he didn't approve from the week before). The inspector who used to do 30 inspections a day now has 10. You think he's going to return to the office by 11 am and sit around looking bored? No, he's going to spend plenty of time looking for something wrong (and win kudos for bringing in extra revenue to the municipality for the failed inspection fine).

If I were king there'd be no more building departments. Let the homeowner or building owner assume all the responsibility/costs and let them hire, if they want to, an inspector directly to oversee quality control/code compliance. Building departments/inspectors, to me, are the pinnacle of nanny-state government and are basically just a revenue stream for the municipalities they serve.

Roger Perry
02-06-2010, 08:24 AM

I always have had a hard on for women, by the way, say hi to your wife for me.

Roger Perry
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM

Juli

Dunivan, however, said owners are required by state law to report any omissions or errors in their tax assessments. Often, the borough learns of new structures in remote areas when neighbors report them. Dunivan said no one has called the borough on the Palin lots, among many in the region to add structures, the flyover survey found.

I would bet the farm that if Palin was OVER TAXED she would have been the first to call the tax assessor.

road kill
02-06-2010, 09:06 AM
I always have had a hard on for women, by the way, say hi to your wife for me.

Classy!!:rolleyes:

rk

precisionlabradors
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
What links do I post on here? maybe you are confusing me with Julie R? cause I don't post links very often, esp not on potus... now I did have quite a discussion going about foodstamps, but don't recall any links...

Juli (no E) :)
oops. my mistake. sorry.
________
Marijuana Vaporizer (http://weedvaporizers.org/)