PDA

View Full Version : Field Trial Judging Seminar/Panel Discussion

retrvrs
02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Field Trial Judging Seminar/Panel Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAST CHANCE
Just a reminder that The Maine Retriever Trial Club is hosting a judging seminar and panel discussion on February 27th at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine. This seminar will be about judging and setting up tests moderated by Don Driggers and John Russell.

This seminar is posted on Entry Express and closes on February 12th, 2010. Included in the $65 fee is the judging book written by Pete Simonds and offered for sale by RFTN.

Note that while the theme will be field trials, judging dog work and setting up tests for hunt tests is very similar and those folks interested in hunt tests could also benefit from this seminar.

Our club did this exact same seminar with the same panel in the 1980's and it was very well received.

Judy Chute
02-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Closing Date is today!!..per Entry Express!!!

Maine Retriever Trial Club Judging Seminar

Come to beautiful Kittery, Maine and learn from two experts, John Russell and Don Driggers about how to be a great judge.

We will have a lively round table discussion. While most of the discussion will be centered on judging field trials, those of you interested in hunt tests will also benefit. (Want your spouse to come? There are 110 outlet stores in Kittery!)

The Kittery Trading Post (http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/ has graciously offered us meeting space. We’ll start at 9 AM and finish at 5 PM. You will get coffee and donuts in the morning and lunch. (A lobster dinner is on your own!)

Please submit topics you’d like covered to ensure your questions are answered.

Pete Simond’s book on judging is yours free with attendance.

We’re reserving a block of rooms for a discounted rate. Call the Coachman Inn 800-824-6183. Singles with a queen bed are $69.90/night and doubles with two queen beds are $75.90/night. Mention that you're attending the Retriever Seminar for these rates. (They are AAA rates.)

Got more questions?
Email Sue Westlake westlake@gwi.net or call, 207-956-0783.

Date:
Saturday, Feb 27, 2010

Entries
Enter online at www.entryexpress.net!

Entries will close at 11:59 PM Central Time on 02/12/2010

Judy Chute
02-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Closing Date is today!!..per Entry Express!!!

Miriam Wade
02-26-2010, 09:47 AM
I wasn't sure if I could go until the last minute & there's no more space available. :-(
If anyone is willing to share their notes-I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks in Advance-

M

Diane Brunelle
02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Kudos to Sue Westlake and the Maine Retriever Trial Club!!!! You guys put on a great seminar today! Well organized, very informational and the lunch was perfect! We learned a lot today.

Thank you!

Diane and Steve

Goldenboy
03-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I wasn't sure if I could go until the last minute & there's no more space available. :-(
If anyone is willing to share their notes-I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks in Advance-

M

Sue and everyone at the Maine club did a great job of pulling this workshop together. Don Driggers and John Russell are two of the most experienced, enagaging and entertaining people to hear speak about Field Trials. Great stories and first hand accounts about dogs, people and trials.

For me, the most valuable part of the workshop was receiving a copy of Pete Simonds exhaustive and comprehensive manual about Retriever Field Trial Judging. Anything that you would ever want to know about Field Trials exists in this book. I believe that copies are available through the Retriever News.

Judy Chute
03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Well said, Mark.... Sue will appreciate your post...and, I would wager..your participation.

It is always great to see you at FT's and or HT's..(and one AKC Tracking test many years ago!!) ..always upbeat, a gentleman...and sportsmanship is without question.

Hope the drive home was not too horrid..

Judy

moscowitz
03-03-2010, 06:32 AM
I would also like to thank the Maine club for hosting this seminar. A walked away with some valuable information that will make me a better judge and handler. And I agree the book given out is great. It probably should be required in order to judge. Thanks again for hosting this seminar