PDA

View Full Version : Trials calendar jumps a week this year

Steve
02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
The corresponding calendar for field trials causes traditional weekends to be off by a week. Haven't seen any discussion about this. I know Miss Valley & Lincoln Trail are a week later than normal.

It looks like Middle Tn is scheduled for 4/16 per EE. Haven't seen anything for Mid Illinois. Any confirmation on dates for these trials. Thanks

Howard N
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I know there was a big discussion about the nat'l amateur. The people in charge of the nat'l amateur wanted to move it up a week from the corresponding weekend table at AKC. Sure would have messed up some clubs and their trials if they had.

jeff t.
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
The easiest way to keep track of this is to use the corresponding date table on the AKC website...you can tell years in advance when a trial should be scheduled based on its corresponding date from years past.

Use the table and there are few surprises
http://www.akc.org/pdfs/Corres_Date_Table.pdf

Steve
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
It created some issues last time, though I think most of those were with hunt test clubs around Labor Day.

Several clubs on my circuit have juggled dates recently and I am just trying to confirm.

Sabireley
02-11-2010, 06:55 PM
For the first time since I have been involved with the club, our spring trial will NOT be on Mother's Day weekend!