HuntsmanTollers
02-09-2010, 06:58 PM
I know what I think of it.

M&K's Retrievers
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking I don't like it.

BonMallari
02-09-2010, 07:40 PM
what would the FBI want with a thread about seating a duck, or a Roux x Tyra pup. they could probably learn about the correct use of an E collar and its application on the Gitmo detainees..or FF into the water instead of waterboarding ..they probably have Roger's IP address already seeing how he is such a fan of GWB :rolleyes:

dnf777
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Its right out of Nineteen Eightyfour. I don't like it.
Isn't that provision already under the Patriot Act anyway?

BonMallari
02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Its right out of Nineteen Eightyfour. I don't like it.
Isn't that provision already under the Patriot Act anyway?

thats exactly what it is , but I am guessing that more than half of the RTF'ers on here have never read the George Orwell(pen name) book or who he was

Terry Britton
02-09-2010, 08:01 PM
thats exactly what it is , but I am guessing that more than half of the RTF'ers on here have never read the George Orwell(pen name) book or who he was

It was required reading in 9th grade.

cwirvin
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
im thinking thats invasion of privacy

dnf777
02-09-2010, 08:04 PM

The premise of that book has been repeated throughout history. Only the technology changes. The digital age has made data storage and collection possible at levels only dreamed about by Orwell. (and well-written about by him!)

With constant on-line service through DSL and fIOS, I don't keep quicken or ANYTHING else on my computer, that I wouldn't publish in the public notices of our paper. And I assume that anything I ever write, or picture I post, will be in the public domain for all cyber-eternity. Call me paranoid, but I don't think I'm alone. (I hear the voices all around me) :cool:

BonMallari
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
It was required reading in 9th grade.

it used to be in our district but they took it off the required reading list :confused:

YardleyLabs
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I think this should be thrown into the same dung heap with warrantless wiretaps, secret reviews of library records, etc. I do not underestimate the risk of terrorism, but I value our freedoms too much to be willing to see them sacrificed on the alter of fear.

JDogger
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Have you ever noticed that some mornings, not in the evening so much, there are are some 10-12 people logged in to PP. 3 members and 9 guests for instance. I know there are a few members who hide their viewing, but who are all the "guests"?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. BB's are very public places and scanning for keywords are what search engines are all about. Post the right keyword and your post will get flagged and reviewed by somebody somewhere.

Call me paranoid regards,

JD

Buzz
02-09-2010, 10:16 PM
And I assume that anything I ever write, or picture I post, will be in the public domain for all cyber-eternity. Call me paranoid, but I don't think I'm alone. (I hear the voices all around me) :cool:

That's the reason I don't use my real name as a username. I don't want every post I ever put on a forum to come up with a simple google search, regardless of whether I'd be embarrassed by what is posted or not. I figure if anyone wants to know who I am can search my dogs or whatever.

I think this should be thrown into the same dung heap with warrantless wiretaps, secret reviews of library records, etc. I do not underestimate the risk of terrorism, but I value our freedoms too much to be willing to see them sacrificed on the alter of fear.

My first thought when I saw this thread was, why would anyone who supports warrantless wiretaps and the patriot act have a second thought about this?

JDogger
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
That's the reason I don't use my real name as a username. I don't want every post I ever put on a forum to come up with a simple google search, regardless of whether I'd be embarrassed by what is posted or not. I figure if anyone wants to know who I am can search my dogs or whatever.

My first thought when I saw this thread was, why would anyone who supports warrantless wiretaps and the patriot act have a second thought about this?

Buzz... what in the world makes you think that using a screen name on a BB titled PP makes you invisable?

JD

Buzz
02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Buzz... what in the world makes you think that using a screen name on a BB titled PP makes you invisable?

JD

That isn't what I said. I said I didn't want every post I ever made on a forum coming up on a google search of my name. Obviously it wouldn't stop anyone from digging the stuff up. Quite a few years ago I used to post on a computer forum. Then i did a google search, I wasn't amused.

BonMallari
02-10-2010, 12:20 AM
the FBI can Google Roger's name and that will keep them busy for weeks if not months :p:p

ducknwork
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
I heard that tin foil hats are on sale at Wal-Mart this week.

dnf777
02-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Interesting how mostly its the liberal-leaning who are concerned about protecting our freedoms and right to privacy on this board????? And how those who supported the Patriot act (I ain't got nuttin' to hide!) are now are getting irritable bowel flare-ups over this latest policy? For about the hundredth time..........where's the consistency?

Pete
02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
I have absolutely no problem with our government profiling and if warrented tapping in on what they are saying.
I think its called common sense. Why waste your time spying on 90 year old widows

Otherwise lets just sit around till the next big one hits and then go lookin for the guys.

If you have a suspision then root it out.

I really dont know how some of you made it this far.
Pete

Buzz
02-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I have absolutely no problem with our government profiling and if warrented tapping in on what they are saying.

You really think that this is as far as it goes?

YardleyLabs
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I think its called common sense. Why waste your time spying on 90 year old widows

Otherwise lets just sit around till the next big one hits and then go lookin for the guys.

Pete
Just remember, Pete, you may get what you wish for....

http://jeffgoodwin.com/rwextreme.jpg

road kill
02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Interesting how mostly its the liberal-leaning who are concerned about protecting our freedoms and right to privacy on this board????? And how those who supported the Patriot act (I ain't got nuttin' to hide!) are now are getting irritable bowel flare-ups over this latest policy? For about the hundredth time..........where's the consistency?

Show me yours I'll show you mine!!??!!??:D

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men?"

rk

Blackstone
02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
You really think that this is as far as it goes?

You mean like the Real ID Act? Fortunately, the Gov. doesn't seem to be able to get that one implemented

badbullgator
02-10-2010, 11:33 AM
the FBI can Google Roger's name and that will keep them busy for weeks if not months :p:p

Not really.....
hot air regards :p

Roger Perry
02-10-2010, 03:30 PM
what would the FBI want with a thread about seating a duck, or a Roux x Tyra pup. they could probably learn about the correct use of an E collar and its application on the Gitmo detainees..or FF into the water instead of waterboarding ..they probably have Roger's IP address already seeing how he is such a fan of GWB :rolleyes:

I thought my computer was acting kind of strangely

Roger Perry
02-10-2010, 03:35 PM

OMG is it too late to change my name? :shock: If anyone asks, ya'all don't know me.

Pete
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Just remember, Pete, you may get what you wish for....

My post also implied common sense Jeff

If I got a call from the FBI I would show them around. But send one out with a half a brain. If their good at their job they can figure out pretty easy I am harmless as june bug.

I'm not a right wing extremest,,,but sometimes I can be wise to the obvious.

I would concentrate on the gas stations in your neiborhood.

Pete

Buzz
02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
OMG is it too late to change my name? :shock: If anyone asks, ya'all don't know me.

Roger, your name is a lot more common than mine. I searched your name on google and got all kinds of crap. If I search mine, I get pages of nothing but links associated with me. I don't think anyone else in the country has my first/last name combination.

Pete
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
You really think that this is as far as it goes

Buzz
why on earth would they care what you or I are talking about.

Like I said ,,,If common sense is used then why would they spend millions on me or you when they can pull up to any eastern sea board gas station and ask someone who wont talk to them anyway. They can check their visa while their at it.

Pete

Leddyman
02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Wiat for it....I think we found something almost everybody here agrees on. Nobody thinks saving the URLs of websites is a good idea.

BTW I supported wiretaps of calls that either originated in the U.S. and were going overseas to certain people or countries who had been identified as suspicious in regard to terrorism, and calls coming into the U.S. From those same countries or people, in the event that the situation was fluid and the numbers were changing too fast for warrants. I never supported wiretapping of calls wholly in the U.S. without a warrant. I find it hard to believe that anyone would not support the scenario I mention.

If I start calling the middle east tap away.

dnf777
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Show me yours I'll show you mine!!??!!??:D

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men?"

rk

I was opposed when Bush wanted warrantless wiretaps.
I am opposed now that there's talk of "web tapping" and registering.

Consistency.

dnf777
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Pete

And show me where the gov't could NOT follow up on imminent threats!? Under the FISA, the gov't or any law enforcement agent could act as necessary to protect the United States without a warrant, so long as the action was submitted for judicial review after the fact. In the years that we operated under FISA, I don't think there was EVER a retrospective action denied or sanctioned. It kept people honest.

What's wrong with that?

That whole argument was a big line of CRAP, used to fear-monger sheeple into accepting yet another erosion of their rights in the name of "safety".

Hew
02-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Harumph, harumph. Oh, those poor, ignorant savages. Because everyone knows that you can't possibly have an informed or cogent opinion about government surveillance without having read a 50-something year old science fiction novel. ;-)

dnf777
02-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Harumph, harumph. Oh, those poor, ignorant savages. Because everyone knows that you can't possibly have an informed or cogent opinion about government surveillance without having read a 50-something year old science fiction novel. ;-)

Yeah, history and sociology are stupid! Who needs to study what happened? TV and the internet will tell me everything I need to know! :rolleyes:
(and ironically, it was REPUBLICAN anti-Hillary ads that invoked "1984" in their television ads) But 1984 was much more than science fiction, just as Moby Dick was much more than a "fishing" story, or To Kill a Mockingbird was more than a kid with a bb-gun.

Good is bad.
Black is white.
War is peace regards.....

Hew
02-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Yeah, history and sociology are stupid! Who needs to study what happened? TV and the internet will tell me everything I need to know! :rolleyes:
(and ironically, it was REPUBLICAN anti-Hillary ads that invoked "1984" in their television ads) But 1984 was much more than science fiction, just as Moby Dick was much more than a "fishing" story, or To Kill a Mockingbird was more than a kid with a bb-gun.

Good is bad.
Black is white.
War is peace regards.....
More sh!t just thrown against the wall, eh, DNF? It was an Obama supporter who made the video during the Democrat presidential primaries and it wasn't a television ad. But then you've never been known as one to let the facts get the in the way of a good lecture.

BTW, you may want to read 1984 again for more searing insight because the following indicates you don't know WTF you're talking about with respect to FISA, either:

In the years that we operated under FISA, I don't think there was EVER a retrospective action denied or sanctioned. It kept people honest.

subroc
02-11-2010, 06:37 AM
To Kill A Mockingbird...BB gun? Have you actually watched the film?

Pete
02-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Politicians are great at tieing up the hands of our public servents and military

This is just another way of being stupid.
If they want to serch my web site and look for subversives have at it.

I'm sure lots of killers get off on technicalities. some laws are made to be broke once in a while when need be.

If I had to rush my kid to the hospital would you call me a wantent criminal for speeding.

I guess like everything the government touches ,,they abuse it.

Oh well not my problem anyway,,,payem for sitting on the hands if you want

Pete

Pete
02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
What I find funny is if we were to send our citizens to Iran they would be scrutinzed and probably imprisoned. But the US lets anyone in and serves them our money on a silver platter .

Iran is so much smarter than us.
They seem to understand they can have as many of their operatives living side by side with US citizens and the laws will protect them come hell or hi water.

Just scream racism or point a finger and see what happens. I'll bet the problem in reality is a hundred times worse than you think. After all we cater to these people and our government uses our money to do so.
Its such a joke to me. I could give a rats ass if their civil rights are violated. There was a time they didnt have any.

I know ,,I know, I dont post fancy links,,,debunking things,or justifying things. So what can I understand. I'm way to redneck or I'm just an archie bunker.

Its one thing to go to war on your citizens,,,and its another to try to root these subverses out from amoung them.

However I do realize our goverment is out to screw us.
we are screwed no matter how you look at it.
Wait until the chinese get tired of waiting for their money

Pete

dnf777
02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
More sh!t just thrown against the wall, eh, DNF? It was an Obama supporter who made the video during the Democrat presidential primaries and it wasn't a television ad. But then you've never been known as one to let the facts get the in the way of a good lecture.

BTW, you may want to read 1984 again for more searing insight because the following indicates you don't know WTF you're talking about with respect to FISA, either:

Oh Jeez...I just took a bite of that sandwich!
My bad. It was from within the DNC, you're totally right (this time) ;-)

I saw it on O'Reilly Factor, and associated it with the RNC. My bad!

As to the rest of your comments, I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. I've read 1984 twice, and it scared me more the second time. Don't know if I want to make it three.

dnf777
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
To Kill A Mockingbird...BB gun? Have you actually watched the film?

Watched the film, read the book, have a signed, first edition from Harper Lee.
You missed the sarcasm. I think that's the greatest book/movie ever. Normally I never like the movie as well as the book, but Peck turned in a lifetime acheivement with that one.

dnf777
02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Pete;565268If I had to rush my kid to the hospital would you call me a wantent criminal for speeding.
Pete[/QUOTE]

funny you mention that. I was pulled over and cited for doing 65 in a 45 while responding to a trauma page from the er. A 4 month-old pulled a pot of boiling water on himself and was in the ER. I even showed the dumb pig my pager and he made me sit in my car for 15 minutes while he wrote the ticket. I reminded him if he's ever shot or beat up, I will be the one responding, and I doubt he would want me detained on the side of the road for a citation. The upshot of it all was he got humiliated in court, and I spend $600 to beat a $130 ticket. It was worth every penny.

(disclaimer: I do not categorize all officers in such a way. But this jerk is a dumb-pig with a Barney Fife complex)

M&K's Retrievers
02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
(disclaimer: I do not categorize all officers in such a way. But this jerk is a dumb-pig with a Barney Fife complex)

I know what you mean. My daughter dated a rookie cop who once remarked "Man I would hate to be stoped by me". What an ass. Fortunatly she didn't date him for long and fortunatly most are not like these.