PDA

View Full Version : Talibanís 2nd-in-command nabbed in Pakistan

Roger Perry
02-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Bin Laden associate is most senior Afghan Taliban leader caught since í01

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - The Taliban's top military commander has been arrested in a joint CIA-Pakistani operation in Pakistan, officials said Tuesday.
Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the No. 2 behind Afghan Taliban founder Mullah Mohammad Omar and a close associate of Osama bin Laden, was captured in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi, two Pakistani intelligence officers and a senior U.S. official said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release such sensitive information.
One Pakistani officer said Baradar was arrested 10 days ago with the assistance of the United States and "was talking" to his interrogators.

Geez, and they didn't even have to water board him? Wonder how long it will take to nab Bin Laden?

YardleyLabs
02-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Geez, and they didn't even have to water board him? Wonder how long it will take to nab Bin Laden?
I wouldn't necessarily assume that. He is in the custody of the Pakistan forces, not the US, and his interrogation would follow their rules, not ours.

Franco
02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't necessarily assume that. He is in the custody of the Pakistan forces, not the US, and his interrogation would follow their rules, not ours.

Exactly!

Who knows, they may have made him eat a pork chop sandwich and sleep with a poodle. ;-)
All the while making him listen to Country Music.

I'm all for using whatever we need to make them sing.

dnf777
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Exactly!

Who knows, they may have made him eat a pork chop sandwich and sleep with a poodle. ;-)
All the while making him listen to Country Music.

I'm all for using whatever we need to make them sing.

Stop talking that way, or my dog is gonna want to defect to Pakistan!

subroc
02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
obama, the warrior, captures taliban leader.

ducknwork
02-16-2010, 12:06 PM

What a hero! Now he has something REAL to hang his hat on...:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
02-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Finally, something that won't be blamed on Bush.

Hew
02-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Do the Pakistanis even have rules about such things? ;-)