PDA

View Full Version : Used GM Duramax

Sabireley
02-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I have a couple of Chevy trucks that have treated me well, so I would lean toward a GM 2500 or 3500 Diesel to haul my dog stuff and pull my travel trailer to trials. Are they any years to avoid?

tinman
02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a couple of Chevy trucks that have treated me well, so I would lean toward a GM 2500 or 3500 Diesel to haul my dog stuff and pull my travel trailer to trials. Are they any years to avoid?

The early models (2002) had some injector problems "mainly leaking". Besides that all are good. If you are looking power late 2006 to present would be the way to go. I had previously had powerstrokes up until my first duramax in 2005 and I was disappointed w\ the pulling power of that truck. I now have a 2007 and there is a big difference.

timn
02-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Go with the 06 and up i have had several and the early ones had issues.

Jim Danis
03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm driving an 04 1/2 GMC 2500. The reason I say 04.5 is that there was an engine update in 04. Mine has the LLY engine. Needless to say I love my truck. Power is fine and it tows great. I've done a decent amount of mods to my engine. Mainly exhaust, cold air intake, exhaust manifold, added gauges, and an upgraded transmission cooler. Other little things to the truck in general. The thing I like about the Duramax is that there is a lot you can do on your own. Easy to work on. All of the different years have their own quirks. If you want to go someplace to read about the different models and years and all about the Duramax in general go to this site www.Dieselplace.com It's a Duramax dedicated site. Great info there.