PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Hero???

dnf777
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Now the word on the wire is that the daughter of the deranged suicide pilot in Austin, Texas, has called her father a "hero" for his stand against the IRS. That type of hate talk is what's wrong with this country right now. An innocent worker was killed in that attack, and taken from his family forever. The man's son commented that his father served two tours in Viet Nam, and that made HIM a hero, not the domestic terrorist who killed him!

I hope investigators are looking into this woman's activities and knowledge of what happened, and if appropriate, have her extradited to answer as such. Bill Maher lost is job for saying the 9-11 hijackers were not cowards...wrong, but died for whatever they believed in.....I hope this woman suffers at LEAST as harsh of consequences for her hateful, hurtful, comments. Her dad was a deranged, cold-blooded terrorist in my book, not a hero of any kind.

BonMallari
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
her talk disturbed me too...especially seeing how this coward/killer also lit his house on fire with his wife and young daughter inside...I dislike the IRS too but my old apartment in Austin was about half a mile from the plane crash site..very disturbing

huntinman
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't agree one iota with what the daughter said. However, when a child is grieving over a lost parent, especially so soon after the death, they are likely to say just about anything. I feel for the family members of the nut who flew the plane as much as I feel for the family members of the victims.

Blackstone
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't agree one iota with what the daughter said. However, when a child is grieving over a lost parent, especially so soon after the death, they are likely to say just about anything. I feel for the family members of the nut who flew the plane as much as I feel for the family members of the victims.

I don’t think grief caused her to make the statements she did. I think she is just as nutty as her father.

Hew
02-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Bill Maher lost is job for saying the 9-11 hijackers were not cowards...wrong, but died for whatever they believed in.....I hope this woman suffers at LEAST as harsh of consequences for her hateful, hurtful, comments.
Yeah, HBO should definately cancel a few episodes of her show.

She has since recanted her "hero" comment. Her comments in this article, anyway, seem relatively graceful: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/joe-stacks-daughter-samantha-bell-calls-dad-hero/story?id=9903329

gsc
02-22-2010, 04:12 PM
In case you missed it, she was speaking from her home NORWAY.

Hew
02-22-2010, 04:53 PM
In case you missed it, she was speaking from her home NORWAY.
Well yeah, that's why we need to extradite her and bring her back here for justice.

Goose
02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
After we look into this woman's activities let's all collect a bucket of rocks and stone her for loving her father.

dnf777
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Yeah, HBO should definately cancel a few episodes of her show.

She has since recanted her "hero" comment. Her comments in this article, anyway, seem relatively graceful: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/joe-stacks-daughter-samantha-bell-calls-dad-hero/story?id=9903329

Interesting. The other commentators are even more scary than she is. I guess our Constitution gives people the right to incite such violence, and it would be un-American to have them squelched. People like Stack, his kooky daughter, and their supporters who threatened the web provider when they took down his rant at the FBIs request, make me fear for the future of our country.

dnf777
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
After we look into this woman's activities let's all collect a bucket of rocks and stone her for loving her father.

You scare me.
Just because they didn't have brown skin and a funny name, you're going to give them a pass.
If that guy was middle-eastern, you'd be calling for hydrogen bombs be dropped on his relatives back home, or another uninvolved country.
Scary.

Blackstone
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Her father murdered an innocent man, and she called it “inappropriate.” I think that is an understatement.

The interesting thing is how many people are seeing this fruitcake as a hero and a patriot. IMO there is nothing patriotic or heroic about what he did. I put him in the same category as Timothy McVeigh and the 9-11 highjackers.

So, she and her father were anti-government and anti-tax, but didn’t she move to Norway because the government wouldn’t pay her Medicaid benefits after she lost her job? Isn’t Medicaid funded through taxes?

Goose
02-22-2010, 06:26 PM
You scare me.
Just because they didn't have brown skin and a funny name, you're going to give them a pass.
If that guy was middle-eastern, you'd be calling for hydrogen bombs be dropped on his relatives back home, or another uninvolved country.
Scary.

After you have your 'investigators' extradite her to look into her activities why don't you have them waterboard her just to make sure she's telling the truth. Maybe pull out some fingernails, too.

You're the one that's scary.

dnf777
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
After you have your 'investigators' extradite her to look into her activities why don't you have them waterboard her just to make sure she's telling the truth. Maybe pull out some fingernails, too.

You're the one that's scary.

Goose,
Do you see the hypocrisy in that statement? It was YOUR man who condoned and bragged about torture and waterboarding! It was ok when it was terrorists who flew planes into buildings. What's different now? Just because this guy has teabagger values and echoed the sentiments of Glen Beck, he's a HERO, while those who do the same thing, but happen to have brown skin are terrorists? Amazing.
If this woman is sympathizing with a known terrorist, would you like to know that? Terrorists come in all colors and creeds. Just because they ramble on with teabag rhetoric, does make flying a plane into a building and killing a 20 year veteran all ok!

Leddyman
02-22-2010, 08:49 PM
You scare me.
Scary.

It is a little too early for you to be this drunk. I love how you liberals likre to put words in other people's mouths. The bolded part says a lot more about you (since you wrote it) than it does about anybody else on here.

If anyone on here is scary it is you.

dnf777
02-22-2010, 09:18 PM
It is a little too early for you to be this drunk. I love how you liberals likre to put words in other people's mouths. The bolded part says a lot more about you (since you wrote it) than it does about anybody else on here.

If anyone on here is scary it is you.

Have we not been hearing talk of pre-emptive strikes on Iran? Did we not bomb Iraq and invade them after mostly Saudi hijackers flew into our towers. Read some of the posts from this forum...please, don't take my word for it!
We just had a big thread on the threat of islamic terrorism versus domestic terrorism, and those of us who pointed out that we stood a far greater chance of being the victim of domestic terrorists were ridiculed and called "liberals", as if that has anything to do with seeing a picture clearly. How does that crow taste?

Oh, and wasn't our homeland security director blasted by the right wing nuts for putting out a memo stating that right wing extremists posed a threat to security?? (even though that memo was drafted under the last administration, it just was released by Napolitano)

I hate being proven right, when it comes at the cost of an American life, but this was all highly predictable......and predicted.

If you're afraid of ME, then your fears are greatly misplaced! You should be afraid of nuts who fly airplanes into buildings, and their nutty kids who call them heros for killing an innocent man, and nearly killing his other family members by arson, because they're swept up in an anti-govt tempest.

BonMallari
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Her father murdered an innocent man, and she called it “inappropriate.” I think that is an understatement.

The interesting thing is how many people are seeing this fruitcake as a hero and a patriot. IMO there is nothing patriotic or heroic about what he did. I put him in the same category as Timothy McVeigh and the 9-11 highjackers.

I would agree with you...the most difficult enemy to identify is the one that looks like you and me..I mean US citizens, not ethnically speaking...we have always seen the enemy as looking different with either slanted eyes,different skin tones, speaking a foreign language...but the home grown terrorist is just as deadly because they walk amongst us one day and kill without warning the next

Hew
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Have we not been hearing talk of pre-emptive strikes on Iran? Did we not bomb Iraq and invade them after mostly Saudi hijackers flew into our towers. Read some of the posts from this forum...please, don't take my word for it!
We just had a big thread on the threat of islamic terrorism versus domestic terrorism, and those of us who pointed out that we stood a far greater chance of being the victim of domestic terrorists were ridiculed and called "liberals", as if that has anything to do with seeing a picture clearly. How does that crow taste?

Oh, and wasn't our homeland security director blasted by the right wing nuts for putting out a memo stating that right wing extremists posed a threat to security?? (even though that memo was drafted under the last administration, it just was released by Napolitano)

I hate being proven right, when it comes at the cost of an American life, but this was all highly predictable......and predicted.

If you're afraid of ME, then your fears are greatly misplaced! You should be afraid of nuts who fly airplanes into buildings, and their nutty kids who call them heros for killing an innocent man, and nearly killing his other family members by arson, because they're swept up in an anti-govt tempest.
LMAO. That's greatness. Just when I thought it impossible to top the notion of extradition of the daughter you coax your moonbats even higher. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

JDogger
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
LMAO. That's greatness. Just when I thought it impossible to top the notion of extradition of the daughter you coax your moonbats even higher. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Your rhetoric begins to smack of Olberman. I suspect, though, you knew that. Well spoke.

JD

M&K's Retrievers
02-23-2010, 12:24 AM

Not you. Your ideas.

dnf777
02-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Not you. Your ideas.

That people should be accountable for their actions?
After the Bush II era, I can understand why righties would shed that notion!

Terrorists belong behind bars, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR SKIN COLOR OR ACCENT OR POLITICAL AFFILIATION!

I sincerely hope that doesn't "scare" you! If it does, the rest of us should all be scared!

dnf777
02-23-2010, 05:21 AM

I'm comforted knowing that you can laugh at domestic terrorism, and the people who are trying to protect us from it. And those who correctly predicted it, but short of stripping us of our way of life and freedoms, (something that never bothered Cheney and his sidekick Bush) have the impossible job of stopping it.

Hew
02-23-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm comforted knowing that you can laugh at domestic terrorism, and the people who are trying to protect us from it. And those who correctly predicted it, but short of stripping us of our way of life and freedoms, (something that never bothered Cheney and his sidekick Bush) have the impossible job of stopping it.
I'd like to clarify the source of the laughter. I'm laughing at your hysterics over the comments of a distraught daughter. I'm laughing that you're pretending that there are more than 14 Americans who have applauded a nut for crashing his plane into the IRS. I'm laughing that you're trying to connect the nut who crashed his plane to the Tea Party movement or conservatism when his anti-capitalist, anti-religion and anti-insurance industry blatherings are further to the left then even yours. I'm laughing that you believe domestic terrorism is the more dangerous threat. I'm laughing that you pretended yesterday that you've never heard of the Daily Kos and had no idea what it was when in at least two other previous threads from months ago you discussed the Daily Kos and refuted notions that you got your news there. I'm laughing that you've accused folks of being racist numerous times on this thread when just yesterday you referred to a tech-support guy as "ali-babba." Whew. I'm all laughed out.

Matt McKenzie
02-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Protect us from what? One loony guy who went nuts and flew a plane into a building? How many of his kind are lining up to do the same? Are all the "teabaggers" as you so disrespectfully call them violent towords the government? Are ten percent? One percent?
And somehow you liken this to Islamic terrorism? Seriously?
Nobody in thier right mind thinks this guy is a hero. But don't make it into something it's not.

Hoosier
02-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I don't agree one bit with what this guy did, but how is it any worse then what our sitting Presidents buddy Bill Ayers was trying to do. The Dems apparently didn't to have a problem with that, they put his comrade in the oval office.

dnf777
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Protect us from what? One loony guy who went nuts and flew a plane into a building? How many of his kind are lining up to do the same? Are all the "teabaggers" as you so disrespectfully call them violent towords the government? Are ten percent? One percent?
And somehow you liken this to Islamic terrorism? Seriously?
Nobody in thier right mind thinks this guy is a hero. But don't make it into something it's not.

Hew,
I call your bluff. Find one thread where I link or cite the kos. Otherwise, take another bite of that sandwich. It is crow, isn't it? I admit, I've eaten my share of crow, but not so much that I worked it into a sandwich! ;-)

Hookset,
Not one guy, there are other cases of domestic terrorism. Just open your eyes. Remember Ok city? And I never have, nor ever will, condone Bill Ayers actions of terrorism. Let's get that straight right now. And no, I didn't imply that all the teabaggers are terrorists in the lurk. But an extremely small number are, and they are being incited to act by a lot of hate talk by certain media figures. But hey, this is America, and I support their right to incite this activity. Its just a shame they choose to.

As for likening this guy to islamic terrorists.....
They hate America and fly a plane into a building to make a statement and kill people.

this guy hates the American government and flies a plane into a building to make a statement and kill people.

What's NOT to liken??????? Do you not see similarities?? If not, there's no use discussing any further, as your mind is made up and impervious to truth or reason.

Hew
02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Hew,
I call your bluff. Find one thread where I link or cite the kos. Otherwise, take another bite of that sandwich. It is crow, isn't it? I admit, I've eaten my share of crow, but not so much that I worked it into a sandwich! ;-)

My, but you're a tedious fella. I never claimed you cited or linked the Daily Kos. I pointed out that you claimed you had no idea what the Daily Kos was yesterday, when previously you knew what Daily Kos was.

From 8/2/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=480035#post480035)
What sources of truth do you rely on Huffington Post, Move on and Daily Kos? I prefer to get info from Rush Sean and Fox

The problem with political debate nowadays, is that many people really believe that the truth is limited to the above named sources!

and then from 12/10/09:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=534587#post534587)
I love the way that the looney left laughs at Fox news, but then takes the BS from Huffington, Daily Kos and Move ON as factual.

You can check my browse history, I've never been to any of those sites, expect Faux-News. I'll take your word for it though, if those sites are half as biased as Faux, I'm glad I never paid them any creedence.

And then from yesterday:

Funny Hew, I don't even know what Kos is...I suspect from your comments its a liberal web site?

It wasn't enough to just say, "I don't read the Daily Kos and have never been to that site." You had to add some flourish and embellish it up by acting like you'd never heard of it or knew what it was when plainly, from previous comments, you did.

Matt McKenzie
02-23-2010, 10:28 AM
"they are being incited to act by a lot of hate talk by certain media figures"

Which media figures? You mentioned Glenn Beck before. Can you provide one example of Mr. Beck inciting anyone to violence by using "hate talk"? Or can you give one example of any other media figure advocating violence toward our government? Or are you just parroting what you've heard from the left? One example, please.
Heck, I'd be impressed if you can give me an example of "hate talk" by Glenn Beck. You might find "crazy", but I doubt you'll find "hate".

As far as similarities go, yes, I can see a similarity between what this idiot did and what the terrorist on 9/11 did. They both flew planes into buildings to make a point. They are both terrorists in that sense. However, to in any way insinuate that homegrown anti-goverment types like Timothy McVeigh are even remotely the level of threat to our country that Islamic terrorists are is to be either disingenuous or absolutely "impervious to truth or reason".
But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
But I look forward to your example of the "hate talk".

dnf777
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
My, but you're a tedious fella. I never claimed you cited or linked the Daily Kos. I pointed out that you claimed you had no idea what the Daily Kos was yesterday, when previously you knew what Daily Kos was.

and then from 12/10/09:

And then from yesterday:

It wasn't enough to just say, "I don't read the Daily Kos and have never been to that site." You had to add some flourish and embellish it up by acting like you'd never heard of it or knew what it was when plainly, from previous comments, you did.

Why do I feel like I'm in kindergarten again? I do not read kos, I have not been to their website. If I responded to a comment from someone else that includes that site, that impugns me? Unbelievable!

If that is the romper-room antics you're going to employ, then OK, Gilligan, YOU FREAKIN' WIN!

Hew
02-24-2010, 06:19 AM
If that is the romper-room antics you're going to employ, then OK, Gilligan, YOU FREAKIN' WIN!
Gilligan? All out of racial slurs?

Pete
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Have we not been hearing talk of pre-emptive strikes on Iran

Following your logic,,,
should we then go to war with this guys family and blow them out of the water.
He is as you say the same as a terrorist with brown skin. Better yet lets take out a whole city block where this guy lives
p

dnf777
02-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Following your logic,,,
should we then go to war with this guys family and blow them out of the water.
He is as you say the same as a terrorist with brown skin. Better yet lets take out a whole city block where this guy lives
p

Not my logic. You missed the point, and in doing so, highlited the moronocy of the Bush Doctrine and Iraq policy! Thanks. By that logic, we should pick some other family, in some othe neighborhood, who had nothing to do with this guy, and bomb them!

Hew, I don't understand your last comment. I don't intentionally use racial slurs. Your getting me confused with your buddy who calls all middle-easterners "towel-heads". I called that one out. You didn't seem to mind at the time though, or at least didn't pipe up like you so eagerly do as of late.

Goose
02-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Not every leftist loon who quotes Marx has a plane they can fly into a building but as the people of this country begin to realize how we've been screwed for decades by leftist nutroots and keynesian arsonists we're going to see more and more violent activity. As soon as the entitlement checks start to bounce and fade away the country will quickly transition into an angry stage and if you live in a big city you better get your flak jacket out.

B52 can't print money fast enough to keep up with all the entitlement promises made by the left. The money will run out...soon. Keep your pantry stocked.

We live in Cuba now.

david gibson
02-24-2010, 10:15 AM
the daughter called her dad a hero for standing up to the IRS. i have no issue with that, and niether should either of you.

she went on to say she thought the act he committed was deplorable and she does not condone that at all.

just like John Wilkes Booth was a good southern man and i respected his values, but i no way condone his act.

<<<<<<<<<<,
The adult daughter of the man who crashed his plane into an Austin office building says the attack was "inappropriate" and "wrong," but that she regards him as a hero for his anti-government position.
>>>>>>>>>>>.

not quite as bad as it seems. as usual, certain media only say what they want heard and filter the rest.... more:

""His last actions, the suicide, the catastrophe that caused injuries and death, that was wrong," Samantha Bell, Stack's daughter from his first marriage, told "Good Morning America" in a morning television exclusive telephone interview that aired today. "But if nobody comes out and speaks up on behalf of injustice, then nothing will ever be accomplished. But I do not agree with his last action with what he did. But I do agree about the government."

When "Good Morning America" asked if she considered her father a "hero," Bell, 38, said, "Yes, because now maybe people will listen." Bell later called "Good Morning America" to retract her statement and say unequivocally that her father was "not a hero."

ducknwork
02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Fellas, THIS is a hero!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_colo_school_shooting

huntinman
02-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Fellas, THIS is a hero!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_colo_school_shooting

Amen!!

Hew
02-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Hew, I don't understand your last comment. I don't intentionally use racial slurs. Your getting me confused with your buddy who calls all middle-easterners "towel-heads". I called that one out. You didn't seem to mind at the time though, or at least didn't pipe up like you so eagerly do as of late.
Right. Because you calling a foreigner "Ali-baba" is just so much less racist than whoever you're referring to calling someone a "towel head." Or do you not remember writing this a day or so ago:

oh, the first time it locked, it took 20 minutes on hold listening to the virtures of their wonderful new machine waiting for ali-babba to apologize profusely, then tell me to shut it off and turn it back on.

So when you say you don't intentionally use racial slurs did you forget about that slur or are you so dense as to claim you can't imagine any Middle Easterner or Indian or Pakistani would find being called Ali-Baba offensive?

Regarding whoever you're referring to who made the towel-head remark...if that person did what you did and made multiple accusations towards others' racism on the very same day that he himself used a racial slur I probably would note the bald-faced hypocrisy. But then nobody hypocrites quite the way you hypocrite.

dnf777
02-24-2010, 04:18 PM
So when you say you don't intentionally use racial slurs did you forget about that slur or are you so dense as to claim you can't imagine any Middle Easterner or Indian or Pakistani would find being called Ali-Baba offensive?

You're laughable. The millions of parents who name their kids ali-Baba don't find it offensive. Just like calling an anonymous American "John Doe"....are your feelings hurting for anyone named John? Jeez...get a life! Oops, hope that didn't hurt your sensitivities!

take another bite, and get some thicker skin!

Hew
02-24-2010, 05:54 PM
You're laughable. The millions of parents who name their kids ali-Baba don't find it offensive. Just like calling an anonymous American "John Doe"....are your feelings hurting for anyone named John? Jeez...get a life! Oops, hope that didn't hurt your sensitivities!

take another bite, and get some thicker skin!
I didn't know it was possible that one's credibility could hit negative numbers. Congrats.

dnf777
02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
I didn't know it was possible that one's credibility could hit negative numbers. Congrats.

Have a nice hump day.