PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money

Henry V
02-23-2010, 10:24 AM
You have to love this hypocrisy. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aPeLiub0jnQE&pos=10

................They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate. ..........

Kinda reminds me of the current MN governor bashing the stimulus bill at CPAC and then using expected revenue from a new, yet to be passed, federal spending bill to offset one-third of the state's budget deficit. http://thinkprogress.org/2010/02/16/pawlenty-stimulus-budget/

You gotta love it.

huntinman
02-23-2010, 10:32 AM
They are Politicians...

Leddyman
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
They voted against the misuse of taxpayer funds. Where do you think the stimulus money came from? Are you under the impression that since they didn't vote for it that no Alabama federal income taxes are being used for this boondoggle? The Dems passed the legislation. Since Alabama's money is being used it is responsible for the representatives to try and get some benefit for the people of Alabama.

ducknwork
02-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Exactly Leddy. They voted against it because they wanted to protect taxpayer money. But if their constituents are going to be taxed for it and help pay for it regardless of how the reps voted, then they should be able get some of the money to use for their benefit.

subroc
02-23-2010, 11:30 AM
No hypocrisy about it.

They believe it is bad policy and didn't vote for it; however, it is now the law of the land. By your logic, in the future if any congressman or senator votes against a bill they are not required to obey or live by it?

It sounds like bar-room logic to me.

Buzz
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
It didn't create one job. ;-)

Uncle Bill
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
You are never a dissapointment Henry. (Except, of course when you don't provide HEW with some motley chart)

What's with you lefties? Is blindness a manifestation of your constant braying about Republicans? Bashing Bush?

I know you missed this part of the story, so let me point out what your thread heading left out, although it was in the lead line:

"They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against..."

But I understand how those of you that ride donkeys, have a problem seeing anything smaller than an elephant.

FWIW, Henry, be careful this year, there's a lot more of those "wascally wepublicans" lumbering around on those huge pachyderms these days. Your messiah has riled many of them up, so don't get trampled...or worse, get your eardrums blown out when they trumpet. Being both blind and deaf wouldn't be a fun way to exist...but I must admit, many in your camp already exhibit both those traits.

UB

Henry V
02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
You are never a dissapointment Henry.
Those are just the words I like to hear.

What's with you lefties? Is blindness a manifestation of your constant braying about Republicans? Bashing Bush?
Constant braying of republicans. LMFAO. What discussion forum have you been following? You are now up to starting 165 threads by cutting and pasting all the great knowledge you get from newsmax and other right wing sources. I now have started 7 threads of which one is on climate change and a few are pretty much non-political. Once again the facts do not support your assertions, but that is to be expected from a sheeple. Isn't it?
Just think, only 158 more political posts to go and I will catch up to your "braying".

I know you missed this part of the story, so let me point out what your thread heading left out, although it was in the lead line:
"They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against..."

Nope did not miss it. Never wrote anything about either repubs or dems in my post. The hypocrisy applies equally.

But I understand how those of you that ride donkeys, have a problem seeing anything smaller than an elephant.

FWIW, Henry, be careful this year, there's a lot more of those "wascally wepublicans" lumbering around on those huge pachyderms these days. Your messiah has riled many of them up, so don't get trampled...or worse, get your eardrums blown out when they trumpet. Being both blind and deaf wouldn't be a fun way to exist...but I must admit, many in your camp already exhibit both those traits.
OK, I'll bite. Will the dems lose seats?, Yes, just as every party has in mid term elections. How many, we shall see. I'll let you be giddy thinking about the opportunities. Its kinda just like SD always knows that they will get more back in federal tax dollars than they contribute each year. Just something you can count on.

Uncle Bill
02-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Am I to assume you are so uninformed you can't recognize the reason for this?

"Its kinda just like SD always knows that they will get more back in federal tax dollars than they contribute each year. Just something you can count on."

You too can get in on this windfall, Henry. Just change your name to Tommy Overshoe like some of my friends have. Of course they are frequently accused of being an 'apple', but the loot they are scamming is almost as good as those wild rice pickers in Bemidji-land.

BUTTTT..however you figure it, your state takes in FAR more than Sodak...you just have too many Ole's and Lena's in the population that skews the per capita ratio. So sorry you aren't getting your fair share, but just keep the DFL party whining louder, and eventually you'll be in the same envied class as the Native Americans.

Keep in mind, you have that new Senator working hard to pork up your state. But be cautious. He's really a light-in-the-loafers weasel out for himself more than any of the folks in Minnesooooota. But you KNEW that when you sent him there, so I'm sure you are proud of his efforts on your states behalf.

UB

zeus3925
02-23-2010, 02:54 PM
They are Politicians...

Don't you wish they were statesmen and patriots instead?

huntinman
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Yes...and I wish I had a couple million bucks, but wishing isn't going to make it happen.

JDogger
02-23-2010, 08:26 PM

Well said sarge

subroc
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
now, you want to see a real example of hypocrites...

http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-in-2005-51-vote-nuclear-option-is-arrogant-power-grab-against-the-founders-intent/