PDA

View Full Version : Sunflower Retriever Club Spring Hunt Test Flint Oak Resort 4/17-4/18

bandcollector
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
You are cordially invited to our AKC Spring Licensed Hunt Test. The event will be held at 5-star resort Flint Oak, a private member hunting club, located near Fall River, Kansas.

There is lodging available at the Lodge at Flint Oak. Rooms have two double beds and there is a wonderful restaurant - You will need to make meal reservations as this is their off season (see www.flintoak.com (http://www.flintoak.com)). Surrounding Kansas towns are Fredonia, 25 minutes away with 54 motel rooms, Chanute, 40 minutes away with 149 motel rooms. Fall River Lake offers camping and cabins within 10 minutes.

Sunflower Retriever Club is a member of the Master National Retriever Club.

Private Land- Please stay on roads. No smoking except in vehicles.

*No alcohol to be consumed until after the last dog has run.

golden boy 2
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
excellent choice!!

bandcollector
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
excellent choice!!

Flint Oak is an extraordinary facility. We are looking forward to this one!

bandcollector
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Don't forget to make a reservation if you are staying at the Flint Oak lodge for our event.

They are having a seafood buffet on Saturday night. You will need to let Flint Oak know ahead of time which meals you will be eating during the weekend. The view from the dining room is spectacular.

That should be a hell of a feast. :D

counciloak
04-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Don't forget to bring your shotgun, it's an awesome place.

bandcollector
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
It may be the lighted five stand after dark but I'm hoping to bust a few clays one way or another. The weekend menu is updated on the flint oak calendar. Steak Diane for dinner Friday, meatloaf sandwhich lunch Saturday and seafood buffet Saturday night. I'm going to have a hard time leaving!

kdeckels
04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Looks like a nice place, but it's our 1st ever Hunt Test so I hope I can settle down & enjoy it. On top of that, I'm coming in solo.

bandcollector
04-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Looks like a nice place, but it's our 1st ever Hunt Test so I hope I can settle down & enjoy it. On top of that, I'm coming in solo.

Where are you staying? The lodge is a treat. If you see folks with dog attire on, whatever that is, stop by and introduce yourself. There will be some folks around the lodge Friday evening if you are there.

mohaled
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Good luck everybody, I'll see you there! Oh ya don't forget rain coat.

bandcollector
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
The forecast has changed for the better. Not
showing rain over the weekend now. Keep your fingers crossed.

kdeckels
04-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Looks like the lodge rate's hard to beat, especially when you're right on premises. Hope we don't need rain coats - in Western Ks we never heard of such a thing. I should be there Fri evening.

bandcollector
04-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Looks like the lodge rate's hard to beat, especially when you're right on premises. Hope we don't need rain coats - in Western Ks we never heard of such a thing. I should be there Fri evening.

It's not a bad price for a top Quality room. Flint Oak is what I call a Hunting Country Club.

Ok I'll be quiet now. Can you tell I'm pumped for the weekend! :cool: