PDA

View Full Version : Shotshell Reloader

crw910
03-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Looking at buying a reloader. Found one used for a small price. Im just curious what you guys know about the Hornady 6-shell reloader Model:A13262. Any information would help.

Mistyriver
03-03-2010, 04:24 PM
I am not familiar with that model but Hornaday makes some nice reloaders.

John Lash
03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Looking at buying a reloader. Found one used for a small price. Im just curious what you guys know about the Hornady 6-shell reloader Model:A13262. Any information would help.

In the model # is "A" for Apex? I talked to someone today who had a Hornady Apex that they no longer make. He said his is great.

John Lash

Kirk D
03-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't know much about Hornady loaders but reload .410, 28, 20 and 12ga with MEC 9000H(hydrailic) loaders. Looking at Hornady's, I would assume the "A" stands for auto or a progressive loader. A progressive typically has 6 stations. when the handle is pulled down all stations have a shell and are all activated with each pull.
Station 1-deprime/resize brass
Station 2-seat new primer/ drop powder
Station 3-seat wad/drop shot
Station 4-starter crimp
Station 5-crimp
Station 6-final crimp

If the machine has auto indexing the shells are automatically rotated and a finished shell is kicked out each time the handle is pulled. When the machine is set up PROPERLY all the operater does is place a hull in station-1 and a wad in station-3. The machine does the rest with each pull of the handle. I would recommend a progressive loader but they are a PITA at first. Once you get the hang of it you can easily load 300 shells per hour. Although if one station is not set properly it can be a mess.

I started out on a MEC single stage where you have to pull the handle 6 times for one shell(never again). I now have hydraulic loaders where I just place a hull and wad, push the foot operated pedal down and the machine does the rest. I'm either spitting near perfect shells out like crazy or locating a problem on the machine and cussing a lot.

Go progressive, you'll never look back.

Kirk

captbo
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I have 3 mec 9000G's all work flawlessly the 28ga is a little toucht and I think its simply just a lighter shell the other two I have are 12 and 20 Ga, Best of luck!