PDA

View Full Version : DelBay RC icnic Trial/ Training Day Sat March 13

john fallon
03-06-2010, 03:15 AM
We at Del Bay are going to hold a Retriever training day On Saturday March 13.
Unfortunately our earlier attempt in Feb had to be cancelled due to the snow.
The event is open to both members and non members alike, with persons applying for membership being eligible to pay the member rate.
For planing purposes pre registration is recomended. if you do not preregister, come early(7;15- 7;30 to register so we can start at around 8:00 oclock)

I hope to see you there.

john

DEL BAY RETRIEVER CLUB

UPCOMING TRAINING DAY SATURDAY, 3/13/2010

ALL PROFITS WILL BE DONATED TO THE MOWING FUND FOR THE C&D RETRIEVER TRAINING AREA

8:00A.M.: Meet C&D Canal Retriever Training Area (top near flat pond)

(if you are traveling with someone, please note that on your pre-registration

form so that you are assigned to the same training group)

8:30 A.M. – 1:00P.M.: Field Work in assigned Groups

Cost: Members - $10 per dog per session; Non-Members - $20 per dog per session (applications available to join DBRC to get member rate)

Includes dead birds (pheasants and/or ducks)

(+$12 per flyer if available)

Objective: Fun, constructive HT/FT training without a lot of down time. We hope to complete at least two full set-ups by noon. These set-ups will include multiple marks and blinds. Distances will be HT distances or slightly longer.

Rules:

All handlers will be limited to 2 dogs.

All handlers will take their turn(s) in the field throwing birds.

All handlers are to bring their own equipment (if they have any).

No one runs their dog(s) and leaves. If you can’t be here from 8:30a.m. until 1 p.m. please don’t sign up.

Pre-registration Information:

Name:_____________________________

Tel #:______________

Dates):_________________________________________

Number of dog(s):_______ FT/HT Level:____________________

Contact Information

Email registration info to Dora Heffelfinger - Vice President; 2305 Chesapeake City Road, Bear, DE 19701 email dndnds@verizon.net Phone 302 530 2055

john fallon
03-08-2010, 05:37 AM
The snow has melted, the temperature is on the rise.and the licensed events are scheduled to start happening soon, it's time to get out there and reintroduce the dogs to the Test/Trial atmosphere that cannot be had in small group training.

There has been little response to date. In order to make these things all that they can be it takes a little time to plan for the numbers ;)

The event is open to all so Drop Dora an e-mail and let her know that you will be there.

john

Jersey
03-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Will Del Bay still hold this event with the rains forcasted?

YardleyLabs
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Will Del Bay still hold this event with the rains forcasted?
Just received an "official" email indicating it has been canceled.

john fallon
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Just received an "official" email indicating it has been canceled.

Jeff is correct, due to the forecast for heavy rain and the fragile condition of the area because of he snow melt, it has been canceled.:mad: We will try again on March 27Th at Steve Zilli's in Hartley Del. Tony Hunt and Mike Globetti will Co Chair the event. Contact Tony or Mike, More information including contact information to follow soon.

john

David Lo Buono
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Jeff is correct, due to the forecast for heavy rain and the fragile condition of the area because of he snow melt, it has been canceled.:mad: We will try again on March 27Th at Steve Zilli's in Hartley Del. Tony Hunt and Mike Globetti will Co Chair the event. Contact Tony or Mike, More information including contact information to follow soon.

john

I'll try and make it down for that one...Nice tune up before SJRC derby

john fallon
03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I'll try and make it down for that one...Nice tune up before SJRC derby

I'm waiting on the Chairmen for a confirmation, the last I heard the land owner had checked the conditions out this weekend...................

john

Jason Davenport
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Do you have any contact info for those two guys so I can sign up for Saturday? Thank you

David Lo Buono
03-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Do you have any contact info for those two guys so I can sign up for Saturday? Thank you

That makes 2 of us...need info!

john fallon
03-24-2010, 07:47 PM
As luck would have it, I have been tied up with other things, read work, and have not received conformation one way or another about the status of this weeks event.
The last I heard on 3-18 was we were down to one Chairperson and the grounds were wet(???).

A quick check of my e-mail has reveled that no announcement has been sent to he membership by the club as of 7:00 pm today. Further attempts to contact some of the involved parties have gone unanswerd as yet. This is not a good sign, so without much further adieu I will be formulating a plan "B" for training on Saturday just in case what seems to be... Is.

Sorry but that is all I know now but If I hear any different I will let you know.

john

Pupknuckle
03-24-2010, 10:04 PM
John, I spoke w/Tony Hunt About 4:40 PM this afternoon. He said it has not yet been rescheduled.

zoomerang
03-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Although never formally announced or scheduled - this is confirmation that there is NO Del Bay Training day this weekend.

Regards
Lois