PDA

View Full Version : Not all democrats are bad

ducknwork
03-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I could vote for this guy!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1220

Note: I am not a registered republican, but I tend to vote that way the majority of the time...From the little I know about this guy, he could be a dem that gets my vote!

Buzz
03-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I spent about 7 years living in his district.

dnf777
03-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Duck,
I respect your candor and honesty, but you realize that is going to cost you 20 Hail Maries, 200 candles, and surrendering you teabags! ;)

ducknwork
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM
I'll get on the hail mary's at mass tomorrow...

As for the teabags, I would be happy to oblige anyone who would like to receive a teabag from me.;);)

zeus3925
03-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I spent about 7 years living in his district.

Are you an ex-Yooper?

BonMallari
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
this is one of the reasons I think this country needs/wants a third party (yes I know there is a libertarian party) but part of the reason this country is so divided and gridlocked is that those on the right hear Democrat and turn a deaf ear, those on the left hear Republican and turn a deaf ear

Here on Potus is a perfect example: someone brings up a topic about a particular person/party and people start arguing from the opposite side, sometimes just to be a contrarian..I think if politicians did not list their party affiliation they might actually get more done...there is very little doubt who the far left libs are and who the far right conservatives are, the cold hard fact is the country is in the middle and they seem to have very little voice in this country

Buzz
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Are you an ex-Yooper?

You Betcha... Spent lots of time in both the LP and the UP. God's area code is 906!

zeus3925
03-07-2010, 02:24 PM
You Betcha... Spent lots of time in both the LP and the UP. God's area code is 906!

Say "Yah" to da U.P., eh? Lived up there for 11 years. It was great until the job dried up. Miss it every dang day.

Henry V
03-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Here on Potus is a perfect example: someone brings up a topic about a particular person/party and people start arguing from the opposite side, sometimes just to be a contrarian..I think if politicians did not list their party affiliation they might actually get more done...there is very little doubt who the far left libs are and who the far right conservatives are, the cold hard fact is the country is in the middle and they seem to have very little voice in this country
Oh, come on now, folks arguing here to be contrarian. That's not possible, is it? ;)

Regarding the political center, search "radical center". There is a good amount of interest in the political center. One interesting article surprisingly was: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=anVASyKRLIsk