PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Hunting Retriever Club Training Day, WA

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
please excuse the cut and paste issues...

RHRC Training Days

&

Potluck Lunches for 2010

When: March 20 and April 3rd. 2010
Where: Greenleaf’s in Monroe
Lunch: Hot Dogs and chili provided. Please bring a side dish
Price: Free
· Pre-registration is not required, please sign in upon arrival and fill out the required release form
· Non-club members are encouraged to attend. This is a club supported fund raiser for animal shelters.
Details:

The training day event is free. We are accepting donations. All money donated will be used to buy dog food for animal shelters in King, Snohomish and Pierce Counties. The suggested donation per dog is $10. Each dog will be given one live shot flier. If birds are plentiful, we will ask for a $5 donation for each bird thereafter.

There will be multiple gun stations set up and tests will be moved for a second series around lunch time and possibly again before day end if time allows. We will not be judging the event. There will be tests for Master level, Senior level, Junior level dogs and puppies.

If you are able, we would encourage you to contribute by throwing birds and/or running a pop and throw station to ensure everyone attending gets in a full, productive training day. If you are unsure of how to operate the equipment, we will gladly show you the ropes.

Since this is a training day, we’re asking that everyone helps each other out so we can all get in a lot of marks and work our dogs as long as needed. We are hoping for participation from everyone attending to make this event the best group training day of the year.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your dogs! We’re going to have a great time!

If you have questions please feel free to call us.

Bryant Meyers
Bryant Meyers
Paul Gilmore
Paul Gilmore
Rainier Hunting Retriever Club

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Response has been great. I'm thinking we could use more pigeons if someone can bump us some birds that would be awesome! PM me. Thanks, PG

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Thank you to the person who shall go nameless for saving us a bunch of birds! We have a big box ready to keep the crowd supplied. One flier included, $5 thereafter. All the money goes to buy dog food for local shelters. RHRC is donating the birds, Hot Dogs and Chili so every penny will be going to buy dog food. If you can, please bring something to share for the potluck lunch. A few of our wonderful board members will be cooking a big batch of homemade muffins too!

We're planning on having multiple set ups and run this as effeciently as possible. We really want everyone to have enough time to work their dogs as needed. If you are able, please offer to help or be ready to jump in and run a popper station for a few dogs. We really want to get the dogs worked before we spend too much time socializing.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to seeing you there this Saturday.

More birds you guys buy for fliers = more food for shelters!

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
05-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I just wanted to post a follow up to the training days / animal shelter food fundraiser.

Our first day was pretty chaotic and we had an unexpectedly large turnout. The second day went a lot smoother and we got a lot done.
Overall, attendees helped us raise $1,100 for animal shelters on the two days.

I talked with the local shelters and they really wanted canned food. Dogs which are stressed and not eating will eat wet food. They also put in it Kong toys for nervous chewers.

I got in touch with Nikki at Pet Pros in Bellevue and told her what we had to spent. Nikki used her buying power at Pet Pros and worked with Avoderm to get us a great deal on some top quality canned food.

As a result, next week, I'll be picking up over 60 cases of Avoderm canned food and about 20 some cases of canned cat food to begin distributing to local shelters.

Thanks again to everyone who participated and donated. It was a great success and we're looking to make some improvements on next years' event.

Please support Pet Pros and Avoderm Foods if you get the chance.

Paul Gilmore
Rainier Hunting Retriever Club.