PDA

View Full Version : Cimarron RC Spring Trial (Ft Reno, OK)

Bayou Magic
03-10-2010, 07:42 AM
The trial has been approved and is now on EE for entry. Our spring trial will again be held at historic Ft Reno situated about 35 miles west of Oklahoma City. This will be an Open and O/H Am only. We plan to hold a double D/Q with Tulsa RC in early June.

Ft Reno provides great grounds, so come one, come all.

Cimarron RC

FOM
03-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Okay what is the name of the hamburger joint? Mmmmm, I'm craving one, but I want hot fries to go with it ;)

Bayou Magic
03-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Okay what is the name of the hamburger joint? Mmmmm, I'm craving one, but I want hot fries to go with it ;)

Robert's???

FOM
03-11-2010, 09:07 AM
The onino burger place or whatever it's called - where you get your lunches for help, etc....

Tim West
03-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Roberts Cafe on Historic Route 66 in downtown El Reno.

Come and marshal for us and I'll buy you one...with fries!

FOM
03-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Roberts Cafe on Historic Route 66 in downtown El Reno.

Come and marshal for us and I'll buy you one...with fries!

I help every time I'm there and you feed me well! But this year I think I'm actually going to try and just enjoy the trial and get hot fries with the yummy burger! :D Not to mention to try and actually enjoy one without the "rush" to scarf it down and the lovely smell of ducks on my hands!

If you absolutely need me to work, you know I will ;)

Lainee

Tim West
03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Lainee, you're the best.

We're such a small club that everybody has to pitch in or we don't get a trial done.

Why don't you just ride into town with me this year and you can eat your burger on site with fries, and I'll still pay for it!

With us only having two AA stakes going, stress level this year should be minimized.

FOM
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Lainee, you're the best.

We're such a small club that everybody has to pitch in or we don't get a trial done.

Why don't you just ride into town with me this year and you can eat your burger on site with fries, and I'll still pay for it!

With us only having two AA stakes going, stress level this year should be minimized.

Maybe if you're nice, I'll run lunches for the club, that way you can stay at the trial....we can talk when I get there. We'll bring our guns, too. David can shoot the flier if you make sure he is with a good shot, he's getting better but not 100% comfortable shooting alone. Same here...I'm so ready to blast some ducks!

Lainee

BonMallari
03-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought the best burger joint in Oklahoma was Emerson Biggins...Wichita(2 locations) and OKC :D

http://www.emerson-biggins.com/menu.htm

Tim West
03-12-2010, 04:21 PM
You have obviously not had a Roberts Cafe, Onion fried hamburger.

This delectable delight was originated in the mid 20's with Roberts Cafe on Route 66 downtown El Reno, and it has not changed a lick since then. Burgers are still made by take a huge chunk of hamburger meat, slapping it with the hands and tossing it on a grill that appears to not have been cleaned in 50 years. (it has). The cook then puts a handful of rough cut onions atop the third pound berger, and then smashes it into the burger and grease. The onions cook WITH the meat, not on the grill and then added to the meat. The buns are then set on top of the burger and allowed to steam. Cheese is added near the end of the cooking process and what is left is the best burger on the planet.

The town of El Reno has an Onion Fried Burger festival every year. Here is a link:

http://elrenoburgerday.wordpress.com/about/