PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the day

Matt McKenzie
03-11-2010, 07:05 AM
"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."
Nancy Pelosi

You can't make this stuff up.

Goose
03-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Sometimes I think Nancy's horns are growing faster than Barack's but it's hard to say since his are hidden behind those big ears.

Hew
03-11-2010, 08:00 AM
A just-as-scary quote from the same Pelosi speech:

But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

It's about DIET? The health care plan is about diet? I hadn't head that yet. Thanks for the heads up, Nance. Because we want the government telling us what we can eat. We need soda taxes. We need regulation of Big Macs. We need government telling us how much we can weigh.

And what of the "prevention, prevention, prevention?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the ideas in the various iterations of the house or senate plans to up the age for mamograms?

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Pretty frigging scary isn't it?

badbullgator
03-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I WOULD rahter have Wal Mart run healthcare then the government. Not that I want wally world really, but they are the lesser of the two.......

dnf777
03-11-2010, 10:35 AM
A just-as-scary quote from the same Pelosi speech:

It's about DIET? The health care plan is about diet? I hadn't head that yet. Thanks for the heads up, Nance. Because we want the government telling us what we can eat. We need soda taxes. We need regulation of Big Macs. We need government telling us how much we can weigh.

And what of the "prevention, prevention, prevention?" Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the ideas in the various iterations of the house or senate plans to up the age for mamograms?

I do agree that the vast majority of health problems in the adult (not elderly) population are diet related. More correctly, obesity related. That is an aside however to the overall healthcare reform debate.

The scientific, social, and economic merits all warrant their due consideration, and what I find the scariest of all, is that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnel, and John Boner are the ones leading the discussion. These people are not experts in ANYTHING but manipulation, lying, and propaganda.

As for Nancy's bizarre behavior, she may be suffering from early Alzheimers, much like Reagan did during his latter years of office. Not overtly enough to raise suspicion or diagnosis, but just some really bizarre behavior that's hard to explain.

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I do agree that the vast majority of health problems in the adult (not elderly) population are diet related. More correctly, obesity related. That is an aside however to the overall healthcare reform debate.

The scientific, social, and economic merits all warrant their due consideration, and what I find the scariest of all, is that people like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Mitch McConnel, and John Boner are the ones leading the discussion. These people are not experts in ANYTHING but manipulation, lying, and propaganda.

As for Nancy's bizarre behavior, she may be suffering from early Alzheimers, much like Reagan did during his latter years of office. Not overtly enough to raise suspicion or diagnosis, but just some really bizarre behavior that's hard to explain.

Who are you and what have you done with DNF? :rolleyes:

BonMallari
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
What scary with Pelosi is that she is drunk with her power and actually believes her own rhetoric

Bubba
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/11/new-york-restaurants-salt-ban

It's like getting pecked to death by ducks.

One small bite at a time regards

Bubba

badbullgator
03-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow. If I am not mistaken there is a resturant in NYC called Salt. They have 100's of types of salt from around the world. I could be wrong, but it is somewhere, I saw it on the food network. That would really suck for them. I can tell you Krispy Kream cream filled doughnuts are not the same without the trans fat.....

I did try to search for the resturant but could not find it. They have black salt, brown salt, sea salt.....you name it.

YardleyLabs
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow. If I am not mistaken there is a resturant in NYC called Salt. They have 100's of types of salt from around the world. I could be wrong, but it is somewhere, I saw it on the food network. That would really suck for them. I can tell you Krispy Kream cream filled doughnuts are not the same without the trans fat.....

I did try to search for the resturant but could not find it. They have black salt, brown salt, sea salt.....you name it.
I don't know if this is what you are talking about - http://www.saltnyc.com/.

They are located on McDougal St and used to be called Stella's. However, I don't see anything about salt offerings.

badbullgator
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't know if this is what you are talking about - http://www.saltnyc.com/.

They are located on McDougal St and used to be called Stella's. However, I don't see anything about salt offerings.

I found that too, but not the one I was talking about. It may not be called Salt, but that is it's theme, salt from around the world. Like I said I saw it on the food network and it might be somewhere else besides NYC for all I know.

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 01:22 PM
There is a bill being proposed in NY banning the use of salt in food prep in resturants. $1000 fine. Salt can be on the table for patrons. I can't imagine it passing but alot of things have happened lately that I would never have thought could. I'll try and find a link.

Koolaid
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Salt is ridiculous, but trans fat has to go...so harmful, so unnecessary...

road kill
03-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Bootleg Salt, a new cottage industry??

A new venue for the mob??

rk

Koolaid
03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Prohibition...wonder how much a quarter bag of salt will go for?

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
There is a bill being proposed in NY banning the use of salt in food prep in resturants. $1000 fine. Salt can be on the table for patrons. I can't imagine it passing but alot of things have happened lately that I would never have thought could. I'll try and find a link.

Bill A 10129 proposed by Assemblyman Felix Ortiz

road kill
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Prohibition...wonder how much a quarter bag of salt will go for?

Ha Ha......think of all the jobs created!!

The Dept of Salt Security!!!:D

rk

ducknwork
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Salt is ridiculous, but trans fat has to go...so harmful, so unnecessary...

Ban Trans Fat! Legalize Pot!

dnf777
03-11-2010, 02:04 PM

there is definately more to salt that Morton's!
If you can find it, Kauai red salt, from the Hawaiin island has the deepest flavor you've ever tasted. Sprinkle just a tad on your filet before searing, and it does wonders.

dnf777
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM

rk

I remember the SALT talks.
I remembe the SALT II treaty.
I never thought SALT III would really be about salt!?

Steve Burdsal
03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Vote them all out.

Goose
03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Keep the salt but don't be messin' with my Dublin Dr. Peppers made with Imperial pure cane sugar:) A Dublin DP with a six-pack of glazed donuts is the breakfast of champions!

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Keep the salt but don't be messin' with my Dublin Dr. Peppers made with Imperial pure cane sugar:) A Dublin DP with a six-pack of glazed donuts is the breakfast of champions!

That's not far from Desdemona, Tx. We had a lease there a while back. Stayed in Dublin at the Stagecoach Inn. What a dump!

Goose
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
That's not far from Desdemona, Tx. We had a lease there a while back. Stayed in Dublin at the Stagecoach Inn. What a dump!

No need to drive to Dublin for my DP fix when I can get a case of them at Sam's for about $.67 per 10 oz. bottle. But they go fast at my house.

kjrice
03-11-2010, 04:44 PM
What is just as scary are the folks that elected her.

Sabireley
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM

rk

Salt Czar!

Mike W.
03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Hmmmmm.......a healthier America....you mean like not being obese or smoking?

Oh wait, Hussein can't stop smoking....

BonMallari
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
My friends in Grand Saline Tx are not gonna be happy.....so will the field trial in Utah be hosted by the Lesser Salt Lake Retriever Club....and one of my favorite restaurants in Austin now be called the No Salt Lick

Whistler
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Look at the children, obesity is out of control, more of them have a beer belly then myself.