PDA

View Full Version : It's Offical

Clay Rogers
03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I really hate this administration. Say what you will about GWB, but for 8 years while he was running things, I did not owe taxes when I filed, as a matter of fact, got back several thousand dollars for the last 5-6 years of his time in office. Since Obama has taken office, I have had to pay after filing. And before any one says anything, I don't make 250,000 a year. Nothing has changed except the person in the white house. Together my wife and I make over 150,000 a year, so aren't we the group that was supposed to get the breaks? I call BS. I guess I should have known though.:rolleyes:

precisionlabradors
03-11-2010, 08:15 PM
well, i had to pay almost every year of the bush administration except for the last one. and now make about twice as much as i did, and don't have to. i love this administration.
________
INFANT AVANDIA (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

M&K's Retrievers
03-11-2010, 11:26 PM
well, i had to pay almost every year of the bush administration except for the last one. and now make about twice as much as i did, and don't have to. i love this administration.

I guess I've got to call bull shit on this...

badbullgator
03-12-2010, 05:12 AM
I really hate this administration. Say what you will about GWB, but for 8 years while he was running things, I did not owe taxes when I filed, as a matter of fact, got back several thousand dollars for the last 5-6 years of his time in office. Since Obama has taken office, I have had to pay after filing. And before any one says anything, I don't make 250,000 a year. Nothing has changed except the person in the white house. Together my wife and I make over 150,000 a year, so aren't we the group that was supposed to get the breaks? I call BS. I guess I should have known though.:rolleyes:

Well one thing that has changed is that extra $14 a week you get in your pay check, That is not a tax reduction, just them withholding less, meaning you can have the $14 a week but it is really not your money;-)

BTW- if you were getting thousadns back your were paying too much in. I would much rather pay a thousand dollars in April then let them hold MY money and then GIVE it back to me.

Clay Rogers
03-12-2010, 05:42 AM
Well one thing that has changed is that extra $14 a week you get in your pay check, That is not a tax reduction, just them withholding less, meaning you can have the $14 a week but it is really not your money;-)

BTW- if you were getting thousadns back your were paying too much in. I would much rather pay a thousand dollars in April then let them hold MY money and then GIVE it back to me.

I disagree. I don't like having to pay extra taxes in April. I like getting summer vacation money back in April. They withheld almost 38,000 dollars from my wages last year. That is all withholdings combined, fed taxes, state taxes and FICA, which I count as taxes because I will never get to draw from because it will be empty before I can retire. Now I owe another 2 grand in federal tax. And I pay an extra $25 fed and $15 state every two weeks. $38,000, I think I am spreading my wealth enough. As I said in first post, I hate this administration. Is it 2012 yet?

ducknwork
03-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks for helping to buy my groceries.;)

Just a joke....not a freeloader regards,

badbullgator
03-12-2010, 06:21 AM
I disagree. I don't like having to pay extra taxes in April. I like getting summer vacation money back in April. They withheld almost 38,000 dollars from my wages last year. That is all withholdings combined, fed taxes, state taxes and FICA, which I count as taxes because I will never get to draw from because it will be empty before I can retire. Now I owe another 2 grand in federal tax. And I pay an extra $25 fed and $15 state every two weeks. $38,000, I think I am spreading my wealth enough. As I said in first post, I hate this administration. Is it 2012 yet?

Yeah but if you put that same withholding in an INTEREST bearing account.;-)......Uncle Sam aint big on giving you anything for the money you let him hold for you. You want to loan the gooberment money so they can give you some back with no interest good for you. The extra 3-7% I earn on mine buys me that much more vacation

paul young
03-12-2010, 10:09 AM
where are you earning 3-7%? what is the minimum balance required? i want a piece of that...-Paul

WaterDogRem
03-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Sounds like you need to use Tim's Turbo Tax program. I'm sure he'll understand.

Clay Rogers
03-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Yeah but if you put that same withholding in an INTEREST bearing account.;-)......Uncle Sam aint big on giving you anything for the money you let him hold for you. You want to loan the gooberment money so they can give you some back with no interest good for you. The extra 3-7% I earn on mine buys me that much more vacation

I would like to know where you are getting that kind of interest and can withdraw in 12 months without penalties out the butt. You can PM the info.

Clay Rogers
03-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for helping to buy my groceries.;)

Just a joke....not a freeloader regards,

I hope they are rotten.;-)

Just a joke.............maybe.

cotts135
03-12-2010, 05:49 PM

You need to compare your previous years tax returns and determine what your tax rate is. You will find that your tax rate has not gone up.

badbullgator
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
where are you earning 3-7%? what is the minimum balance required? i want a piece of that...-Paul

Just to be clear my statement was meant to be over the course of my lifetime and even averaging it including this year and last the average would be well over 3%. I am also not implying that I deposit my withholding monthly, but more that keeping everything I can allows be to do what I want with my general pool of money. Currently I am getting 1.4% which sucks, but it is 1.4% more than I get if I send it in as withholding each month.

turk870
03-24-2010, 10:23 AM
ttttttttttttttttttttt sorry guys