PDA

View Full Version : Longsleeve Breathable shirts

2labs
03-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Looking for a brand name or maker of a good longsleeve shirt that stays cool in the summer.
The sun is not my friend......

Thanks
Dave

huntinman
03-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Look up Columbia fishing shirts. They have them on Cabelas website.

GulfCoast
03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Look up Columbia fishing shirts. They have them on Cabelas website.

That is what I use. They have them with built in sun protection factor that are still very comfortable.

biggeorge50
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
I also like the Columbia fishing shirts. Sometimes they seem cooler than a short sleved tee shirt.

GBUSMCR
03-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Same here on recommending the Columbia fishing shirt but I like the series/model called the PFG (Performance Fishing Gear) shirt. The material is not as stiff as the other models and the PFG feels cooler than the other shirts I have tried. FWIW

GulfCoast
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Same here on recommending the Columbia fishing shirt but I like the series/model called the PFG (Performance Fishing Gear) shirt. The material is not as stiff as the other models and the PFG feels cooler than the other shirts I have tried. FWIW

Those are the ones I use. They go on sale frequently at Academy Sporting Goods.

jbonnot03
03-16-2010, 08:25 AM
A cheaper brand is Magellan sold by Academy. I have noticed that the Magellan's wrinkle way worse than the Columbia.

MikeB
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Here is a couple of sites to check out.

I have been wearing these products for many years. Excellent quality.

http://www.sundayafternoons.com/

http://www.sungrubbies.com/

Gary Wayne Abbott I
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Columbia shirts are great I have many of them. I also have like Moose Creek, Sportsmens Wharehouse and Cabelas brand shirts.

Dan Wegner
03-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I have the Columbia PFG as well. Good shirt, but it doesn't even come close to the comfort and coolness of a long sleeve white Under Armour polo type shirt (with a collar and 3 buttons) that I got a couple years ago. It's a loose fit, as opposed to the tight ones and it feels like your wearing nothing at all. It also wicks any moisture away from the skin to keep you cooler. I would HIGHLY recommend Under Armour.

Lucky Seven
03-17-2010, 01:01 PM
UnderAmour loose fit, Heat Gear.

Nothing else is even in its league.

I live in Tampa, FL. Hot and humid to say the least. :rolleyes:

ONLY, UnderAmour for me.

Kevin Hannah
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
UnderAmour loose fit, Heat Gear.

Nothing else is even in its league.

I live in Tampa, FL. Hot and humid to say the least. :rolleyes:

ONLY, UnderAmour for me.

I agree, have them in camo T's for test days, long sleeve in white for training.

Nothing compairs.

Kevin

jwh1949
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I got a couple from Bass Pro, I believe ya can find them at the Mossy Oak website,Jack

dnf777
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I'll second the Columbia PFG. I think llbean also sells the same shirt with a different label sewn on.

If you don't mind spending a little more, Filson's featherweight long-sleeve shirt in white is probably the most comfortable shirt I've ever worn. Like the UA, it wicks moisture, and feels like nothing at all. Its got breast pockets too, which I need for stuff.