PDA

View Full Version : Government Survey

M&K's Retrievers
03-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Today, I received for the third time this year, a voluntary survey request from the US Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Migratory Bird Management wanting to know how many doves and band-tailed pigeons I harvested in Oklahoma this season. They even wanted to know if I didn't hunt. This computer generated request included the cover letter, the envelope it came in, a reply form and a postage paid return envelope. The letter referred me to their 800 number and their web site. You have got to be kidding me. How much can this cost? Can this be an example of how the Government would run health care? This is an example of how our tax dollars are wasted. Do any of you remember getting the envelopes from the Feds requesting that you send in wings of harvested birds? What a joke! Why is there a need fior the US Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Migratory Bird Management? We can't afford this crap! How many worthless agencies, departments, projects, etc are out there?

BonMallari
03-16-2010, 01:39 AM
I used to get them every year especially after hunting a National Wildlife Refuge, where they had us send in the decapitated heads of the Canada geese that were harvested, all during the avian flu panic...now I just get a survey from Idaho

the waste that is incurred by the USFWS is probably staggering, but the NWR's that I have visited are poorly maintained, managed, and patrolled...I would guess the majority of funds allotted in the budget for them goes to paper pushing staff members and bureaucratic figure heads that do nothing

ducknwork
03-16-2010, 07:06 AM
I have been getting the wing survey for the last 3 years.

I would rather see the govt spend the sales tax I pay on ammo, gas, gear, decoys, etc to go hunting to further research on wildlife than pay for someone's abortion...

Whistler
03-21-2010, 09:29 PM
the government is spending your money the way they want to , they really don't give us working class any thought on what we would do, really they don't care!

turk870
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt