PDA

View Full Version : Newbies or anyone else with puppies in the Mid Atlantic area....

Julie R.
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
RRRC is having a puppy stakes at our spring AKC hunt test Apr. 17th. Newbies, this is an ideal time to bring that new pup and see how it does; entry fee is only $25 with a chance to win ribbons and fun prizes. We'll have people around to help you introduce your pup to a pigeon beforehand, if it's never picked one up. And for the more experienced owners--this is the perfect time to show off your spring project! Puppy stakes is open to pups under 6 mos., info. is on the events page under RRRC spring hunt test.

Byron Musick
03-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I would, but our pup "Molly" will be 6 months and 16 days old when you have the event, thus too old! She would be a candidate for the "THUG" award!! :)

Julie R.
03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I just watched the Bill Hillman puppy DVD and I SERIOUSLY want a puppy....:( Nothing like watching them make liars out of all the braggin' their owners have done! (guess how I know that....:oops:) Byron, we'll need some volunteers for the puppy stakes, especially some to help the real newbs get their pup to pick up a bird beforehand, won't take long and maybe you or your wife can run your pup as test thug.

Byron Musick
03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I wanted real bad last year to watch the puppy stakes, but was busy out throwing birds (badly) for the Master Hunter folks.. :) I was real glad the one feller with a really good dog was able to pull that bird out from under my feet inside the gun station! Whew! The look on that feller's face and the reaction of the Judge when I tossed that (should of been no-bird) was something I will have a hard time forgetting, I was lucky to make it out ALIVE!! :)

pwyxit63
03-29-2010, 01:06 PM
I would, but our pup "Molly" will be 6 months and 16 days old when you have the event, thus too old!

tough when your dog AGES out!!!

we're all getting old regards,

Byron Musick
03-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Julie, I'll be glad to work with Puppies! I think they are so cool... But we need someone who can run REALLY FAST, for the dogs that have no problem getting the bird and hauling out! :) BUMP

j towne
04-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Byron I remember that throw. Middle bird in last series. Nothing like the bird landing behind the holding blind.
________
California medical marijuana (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Julie R.
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
BUMP
Entries close tomorrow April 8 for RRRC spring AKC Hunt Test. Puppies can still post enter the puppy futurity, but your puppy won't have its name in the program if you don't enter by tomorrow and you save $5 :cool: