PDA

View Full Version : Census 2010?

junbe
04-01-2010, 06:43 AM
Many Snowbirds have a seasonal residence in the South. On April 1 they are living in a temporary place, but many by April 15 are back at their permanent residence in the North. The Census explicitly asks where you reside on April 1. Furthermore the Census forms from your permanent residence in the North are not forwarded to you in the South. I suppose when I知 back at my permanent residence by April 15 I値l have a Census worker ask why I did not return the form. If you multiply this by the 10痴 of thousands Snowbirds you will find the South is probably over counted and the North is under counted and this does have consequences in the House of Representatives and funding.

Jack

Buzz
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll have to ask my dad about this. He heads north from Florida to Michigan on the 15th!

Uncle Bill
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Many Snowbirds have a seasonal residence in the South. On April 1 they are living in a temporary place, but many by April 15 are back at their permanent residence in the North. The Census explicitly asks where you reside on April 1. Furthermore the Census forms from your permanent residence in the North are not forwarded to you in the South. I suppose when I知 back at my permanent residence by April 15 I値l have a Census worker ask why I did not return the form. If you multiply this by the 10痴 of thousands Snowbirds you will find the South is probably over counted and the North is under counted and this does have consequences in the House of Representatives and funding.

Jack

Good luck getting into the correct bracket, Jack.

I personally appreciated that multiple guess question concerning a 'secondary' place of residence. Just for S&Gs, I checked the one next to "jail". Hope that qualifies me for some "bail-out" bucks.:rolleyes:

UB