PDA

View Full Version : Favorite White Sox Player??

road kill
04-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Unbeleivable!!!:D

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/04/06/obama_cant_name_a_white_sox_player.html

Kaminsnky Park??:razz::razz::razz:

rk

ducknwork
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
He should have just said Babe Ruth.

YardleyLabs
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
To be fair (because I'm sure that you want to be:rolleyes:), he was asked to name his favorite player not just any player. I suspect that he has had almost no opportunities to see a game in the last six years. I enjoy watching Phillies games, but don't see too many because they conflict with the rest of my life. I could name a number of players, but could not name a favorite.

road kill
04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
To be fair (because I'm sure that you want to be:rolleyes:), he was asked to name his favorite player not just any player. I suspect that he has had almost no opportunities to see a game in the last six years. I enjoy watching Phillies games, but don't see too many because they conflict with the rest of my life. I could name a number of players, but could not name a favorite.

To be even more fair.....the White Sox don't have anyone that could be considered a favorite!!:D

rk

ducknwork
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM

Actually, he was asked 'Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?'

Was he really that busy when he was growing up that he couldn't watch games then either? That would have sucked!

Be fair, Jeff...:rolleyes:;)

Koolaid
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Games are hard to come by in Kenya. Time zone differences and such. ;-)

subroc
04-06-2010, 05:05 PM
no, he just didn't have a teleprompter to tell him which one.

YardleyLabs
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Actually, he was asked 'Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?'

Was he really that busy when he was growing up that he couldn't watch games then either? That would have sucked!

Be fair, Jeff...:rolleyes:;)

What he then said was that he didn't become a Sox fan until he moved to Chicago as a grownup. While living in Hawaii he was an Oakland A's fan.

Franco
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
If someone asked me who my favorite MLB player was over the last 30 years, I couldn't answer that question either. The only player I can think of was the guy that got busted for betting on games a few years back and I can't think of his name at the moment.

Now, when it come to the NFL, I bees at walking encyclopedia.

BonMallari
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
He must be a fan of the White Sox like Hillary was a lifelong NY Yankee fan:rolleyes:

Eric Johnson
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Oh man....Chico Carasquel, Luis Aparicio, Nellie Fox (best hitter of the era...maybe ever), Early Wynn, Sherm Lollar, Hoyt Wilhelm, Minnie Minoso, Lary Doby, Carlton Fisk, Billy Pierce, Dick Donovon, Wilbur Wood, Billy Goodman, Jim Rivera, Earl Torgeson, Gerry Staley.....

No teleprompter was injured in preparing this message.

Eric

road kill
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh man....Chico Carasquel, Luis Aparicio, Nellie Fox (best hitter of the era...maybe ever), Early Wynn, Sherm Lollar, Hoyt Wilhelm, Minnie Minoso, Lary Doby, Carlton Fisk, Billy Pierce, Dick Donovon, Wilbur Wood, Billy Goodman, Jim Rivera, Earl Torgeson, Gerry Staley.....

No teleprompter was injured in preparing this message.

Eric

The Great Black Sox team;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sox_Scandal

South Side Chicago is a very special place............:D

rk

BonMallari
04-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale,Steve Garvey,Don Sutton,Maury Wills....Kirk Gibson...and the best announcer ever

Vin Scully

stevedunford
04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
South Side Chicago is a very special place............:D

rk

Did you live there?

road kill
04-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Did you live there?

You mean during the Black Sox scandal???

C'mon, do I look that old?

I live 75 miles north of Chicago.
Everyone knows....nothin' good ever come out of da sout side of Chi-towne!!

rk

stevedunford
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
You mean during the Black Sox scandal???

C'mon, do I look that old?

I live 75 miles north of Chicago.
Everyone knows....nothin' good ever come out of da sout side of Chi-towne!!

rk

A cheese head who thinks he knows the southside.:D Give me a break.

road kill
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
A cheese head who thinks he knows the southside.:D Give me a break.
You a "FIB???"

rk

stevedunford
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
You a "FIB???"

rk

No... that's Hillary

ducknwork
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey Bon--

Whatcha think about this?:D Risked my life in Philly in all out dodgers gear during the playoffs last year to get this.:cool:

That's right. LaSorda AND Koufax...Oh yeah...

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/philly/IMG_4917.jpg

Fisherman
04-06-2010, 10:46 PM
go A.J. and go twinkies

huntinman
04-06-2010, 11:18 PM

So why didn't he just say that instead of BS'ing on and on? he is incapable of answering to simplest of questions. Voting present regards...