PDA

View Full Version : Stupak (stupid) out

luvmylabs23139
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Stupak quit!!!!!

BYe BYe !!!!!!!!

pat addis
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
now we get to see what he sold his vote for to a job get in obamas regime. how long will it take for obama to cancel his executive order.

BonMallari
04-09-2010, 08:31 AM
watch for him to show up on some health care corporation's board of directors or as a lobbyist

labraiser
04-09-2010, 08:38 AM
1 Down, 218 to go!!! Hope they all quit!

helencalif
04-09-2010, 11:17 AM
watch for him to show up on some health care corporation's board of directors or as a lobbyist

How astute you are, Bon!

Some deal was made with Stupak. He'll show up somewhere in a well paid job.

Buzz
04-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't know if Bon is a great prognosticator or not.

I was hearing speculation about his all over right wing radio this morning.

BonMallari
04-09-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't know if Bon is a great prognosticator or not.

I was hearing speculation about his all over right wing radio this morning.

look at the time of my post, thats 6:30 PST even before right wing radio comes on (exception XM radio)..its not that far fetched..you didnt think he was going to "retire" without a golden parachute of some kind...who is Chris Dodd going to work for Countrywide mortgage :p, how about Evan Bayh..here is one you can take to the bank. WHEN Harry Reid loses his job this fall he will end up on the board of directors of either MGM-Mandalay gaming or Caesars-Harrahs gaming

YardleyLabs
04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
look at the time of my post, thats 6:30 PST even before right wing radio comes on (exception XM radio)..its not that far fetched..you didnt think he was going to "retire" without a golden parachute of some kind...who is Chris Dodd going to work for Countrywide mortgage :p, how about Evan Bayh..here is one you can take to the bank. WHEN Harry Reid loses his job this fall he will end up on the board of directors of either MGM-Mandalay gaming or Caesars-Harrahs gaming
I think all those who are sure the fix is in should start by specifying terms and being ready to put up some gold with odds. It would be interesting to have a nice, clear cut case for testing paranoid fantasies.

Marvin S
04-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I think all those who are sure the fix is in should start by specifying terms and being ready to put up some gold with odds. It would be interesting to have a nice, clear cut case for testing paranoid fantasies.

You are the one with rose colored glasses when it comes to holding someone of your philosophy accountable. Why don't you start it off by stating what you believe would be unacceptable conduct?

This is voting time for most public companies. A sure way to get a no vote from our family is to receive stock options, be an academic in an unrelated discipline or be a career government office holder of either party &/or government employee.

As for the paranoid fantasy, you've been having one about dear leader for some time ;-).

YardleyLabs
04-09-2010, 05:48 PM
You are the one with rose colored glasses when it comes to holding someone of your philosophy accountable. Why don't you start it off by stating what you believe would be unacceptable conduct?

This is voting time for most public companies. A sure way to get a no vote from our family is to receive stock options, be an academic in an unrelated discipline or be a career government office holder of either party &/or government employee.

As for the paranoid fantasy, you've been having one about dear leader for some time ;-).
Stupak is far from my political ideology, although I did refuse the request for money to support his opponent in the Democratic Party when I was asked. I am not the one who made assertions about Stupak's "golden parachute" guaranteeing his future for having sold his vote. I think it would be up to those making the assertions to define exactly what they really mean as a basis for evaluating the terms of the bet. Depending on the terms, I might well be happy to place a wager on one side or the other. As to my "paranoid fantasies" about "dear leader", you would need to clarify. I have no ominous fears about Obama other than that he might actually generate budget creating deficits as large as those in the ten year forecasts, assuming that is who you meant by "dear leader" (he must be your "dear leader", since he is only my President, not my messiah.).

Franco
04-09-2010, 05:54 PM

Sure that Reid is not going to be a greeter at the Desert Inn?;-)

Buzz
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd be willing to wager a bottle of my favorite 18 year old single malt scotch, The Macallan.

Sounds like a nice before dinner drink. I better get on it!

Nate_C
04-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I just don't get it. Like Conservatives don't do the exact same thing. How about Dick Cheney's relationship with Halliburton. Or that Conservatives don't love pork as much as Dems. Each side calls the other out for the same things their side does. It is funny. Do people really thing every Dem is evil, really. Why can't we just say, "I didn't agree with your stances but thanks for the service". This guy is a hard working. Put himself through school, was a cop, seems like a good family man. Doesn't he deserve a little respect.

YardleyLabs
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd be willing to wager a bottle of my favorite 18 year old single malt scotch, The Macallan.

Sounds like a nice before dinner drink. I better get on it!
Buzz,

That sounds like a great bet. I love Macallan. What's the wager?:D

M&K's Retrievers
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Doesn't he deserve a little respect.

In a word, no. Let me know how you feel about him after his "deal" comes out.

dback
04-10-2010, 07:13 AM
PBS special coming up titled "Obama's Deals". Should be interesting......money, lobbyist, back room deals....all on 'Obamacare'

zeus3925
04-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I lived in Stupak's district for a while. He has served the interests of his district well. He is not a stupid man.

That district is fiercely loyal to their representative come hell or high water. The right's attacks will not be taken lightly there and Republicans will not fair well in November as a result. Stupak may leave but the style of leadership will remain the same.

Sundown49 aka Otey B
04-10-2010, 12:50 PM
It's funny when you follow the money trail......
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/votes/house/finalhealthcare/