PDA

View Full Version : The Times they are a Changin'

road kill
04-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Wasn't President Bush a LIAR for saying this???
What a coincidence this pops up right before the Nuclear Arms Summit (Obama photo op)??!!??!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article7094876.ece

"Terrorists including al-Qaeda pose a serious threat to world security as they attempt to obtain atomic weapons material, Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, declared on the eve of a global summit in Washington to prevent a nuclear terror attack."

Marketing 101--they are very good at it.

rk

YardleyLabs
04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
What a coincidence this pops up right before the Nuclear Arms Summit (Obama photo op)??!!??!!

"Terrorists including al-Qaeda pose a serious threat to world security as they attempt to obtain atomic weapons material, Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, declared on the eve of a global summit in Washington to prevent a nuclear terror attack."

rk
Actually, the Bush administration was accused of lying when it said Iraq was actively seeking nuclear materials as part of its justification for the invasion. As it turned out, the "evidence" used was a letter that had been discredited as a forgery before the claims were made public. The threat of having Russian nuclear materials and weapons sold to terrorists has been as issue since the collapse of the Soviet Union. A number of efforts were launched under the Clinton administration and continued under the Bush administration. albeit with inadequate funding. Senator Sam Nunn from Georgia was a majorvoice calling for stronger action to secure the thousands of nuclear weapons left with minimal safeguards in Russia. When he left the Senate in 1996, he formed the non-profit Nuclear Threat Initiative with Ted Turner that continues to gather intelligence on these weapons and to broker private deals to improve security controls protecting them.

paul young
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
i think only a fool would NOT consider Al-Quaida a serious threat when it comes to detonating a nuclear device if they ever get their hands on one.

it should be a top priority for this administration and all future administrations to monitor them and do anything necessary to keep them from developing nuclear capability.-Paul

road kill
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
i think only a fool would NOT consider Al-Quaida a serious threat when it comes to detonating a nuclear device if they ever get their hands on one.

it should be a top priority for this administration and all future administrations to monitor them and do anything necessary to keep them from developing nuclear capability.-Paul

Look 2 posts above!!^^^^^^:rolleyes:

rk

paul young
04-12-2010, 01:06 PM
i thought i was agreeing with you?-Paul

JDogger
04-12-2010, 01:29 PM

rk

I would remind you that Bush is no longer President. What is pertinent is what is being done in the here and now. Maybe this time we won't look in the wrong place.

JD

ducknwork
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
i thought i was agreeing with you?-Paul

psssst...count two posts above rk's...then think about what you said...;)

road kill
04-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I would remind you that Bush is no longer President. What is pertinent is what is being done in the here and now. Maybe this time we won't look in the wrong place.

JD

We are making progress.:D

rk

JDogger
04-12-2010, 03:54 PM
We are making progress.:D

rk

What do you mean by "we" ? ;)

Is that the Royal "we"?

The editorial "we"?

The author's "we"?

I doubt it is the inclusive "we" as in you and me.:rolleyes:

That leaves the patronizing "we". Score one for Stan.

We guess. :p

road kill
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
What do you mean by "we" ? ;)

Is that the Royal "we"?

The editorial "we"?

The author's "we"?

I doubt it is the inclusive "we" as in you and me.:rolleyes:

That leaves the patronizing "we". Score one for Stan.

Wee guess. :p
(fixed)

No.....me and the mouse in my pocket!!;-)

rk

JDogger
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
No.....me and the mouse in my pocket!!;-)

rk

Aaahhh.... I overlooked the exclusive "we". You meant you and your mouse are making progress!

road kill
04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Aaahhh.... I overlooked the exclusive "we". You meant you and your mouse are making progress!

OK genius, here is what I meant.....

Me and my mouse are really impressed that a secular progressive finally understands that Bush is not President anymore.
It's a first on this site.
I'm pretty sure everybody got it but you.
Or, are you just pretending??:D

rk

JDogger
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
OK genius, here is what I meant.....

Me and my mouse are really impressed that a secular progressive finally understands that Bush is not President anymore.
It's a first on this site.
I'm pretty sure everybody got it but you.
Or, are you just pretending??:D

rk

Or, maybe just having a wee bit o' fun.;) JD

BonMallari
04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
You left out the Nintendo Wii.....since we're just having fun :p

JDogger
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
You left out the Nintendo Wii.....since we're just having fun :p

True, true, Bon, But Wii is a different animal.

I can imagine a huge plasma screen set-up in the Oval Office where the Prez and his advisors vie with one another, in a Wii bowling match, (he won't do well), cash thrown on the floor, the air thick, and the winner gets his pick of the short list. OMG...HC?

Sorry your thread got so GDG'ed up so fast rk. My bad. C'est-La-Vie. ;) JD

road kill
04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
True, true, Bon, But Wii is a different animal.

I can imagine a huge plasma screen set-up in the Oval Office where the Prez and his advisors vie with one another, in a Wii bowling match, (he won't do well), cash thrown on the floor, the air thick, and the winner gets his pick of the short list. OMG...HC?

Sorry your thread got so GDG'ed up so fast rk. My bad. C'est-La-Vie. ;) JD

Part of the beauty of this.:D

rk