PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Wants to Form Volunteer Militia

menmon
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I just read an article in my local paper that the tea party wants to form a militia. Reason being, all their noise did not stop the heathcare reform.

Talk about sore losers...but scary ones at that!

Buzz
04-13-2010, 04:34 PM
I did an internet news search to see if this was for real or not.

Apparently it is... And Oklahoma State Legislators are involved.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125872473

ducknwork
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Seriously, what do they hope to accomplish with a few guns and even fewer people?

This ain't the wild west anymore, fellas...Guns just aren't how things get done around here anymore.

But, they do have the right to form a militia...after forming it, what do they do? They can't go around killing people or holding hostages. So what's the point?

BonMallari
04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
name me one modern day militia that is willing to go against, the First Armored Division from Fort Hood or Fort Campbell Ky....Militias are usually a bunch of military wannabees that grew tired of playing paintball, and bought a black rifle and a new Springfield XD and think they want to play Army..

Hew
04-13-2010, 05:59 PM
name me one modern day militia that is willing to go against, the First Armored Division from Fort Hood or Fort Campbell Ky....
Name me on Armored Division that will fire its weapons at its own citizens.

subroc
04-13-2010, 05:59 PM
maybe they are going to disband the national guard in that state and just go with a volunteer militia?

YardleyLabs
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Ohio National Guard at Kent State, May 4, 1970, 4 dead, 9 wounded. Of course, the students were unarmed.

dnf777
04-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Thanks to the repeal of the posse comitatus act, its now legal if they do under certain circumstances.

By the way, haven't we learned about back-yard militias? Can you say "Hutaree"?

BonMallari
04-13-2010, 07:01 PM

lets hope we never have to find out...but as the oath goes ...to defend the country against all enemies both foreign and domestic

dnf777
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
maybe they are going to disband the national guard in that state and just go with a volunteer militia?

They could save a bundle on police forces too. Just give every bubba a shotgun and let them start enforcing the law as they see fit.

disclaimer: any resemblance to anyone named Bubba is purely coincidental

road kill
04-13-2010, 07:15 PM
Let's all just hope that none of them show up armed in paramilitary garb at a polling place!!

That would be wrong (unless they were registered independents!!):shock:

rk

Franco
04-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Northern War Of Aggression

The First Battle of Bull Run, was fought on July 21, 1861, near Manassas, Virginia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manassas,_Virginia). It was the first major land battle of the Northern War Of Aggression.
The usurpor of Liberty, President Lincoln applying pressure, to send Insurgents under Brig. Gen. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadier_general_(United_States)) Irvin McDowell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvin_McDowell) advanced across Bull Run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_Run_(Occoquan_River)) against the equally unseasoned Confederate Army under Brig. Gen. P.G.T. Beauregard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.G.T._Beauregard) near Manassas Junction. McDowell's ambitious plan for a surprise flank attack against the Confederate left was not well executed...

;-)

Hew
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Ohio National Guard at Kent State, May 4, 1970, 4 dead, 9 wounded. Of course, the students were unarmed.
Well of course they were unarmed...what else would you expect from the bloodthirsty pigs and the ones just like 'em who went to Viet Nam to kill the yellow man, right? They brought all your spitting and protesting on themselves, eh?

But back to the current discussion... comparing the isolated actions of some National Guardsmen (who were indicted, excortiated, ridiculed and humiliated....some lesson for any future military personnel considering drawing beads on citizens, eh?) 40 years ago to rolling out an armored division to fight some state's citizens is like comparing apples to bowling balls.

Hew
04-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks to the repeal of the posse comitatus act, its now legal if they do under certain circumstances.
Do you have a link that I could read about the repealed Posse Comitatus Act? Thanks.

Eric Johnson
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM

What has been dubbed the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122) was repealed in 2008 and the previous wording know as the Insurrection Act was restored. The PCA is 18 USC Section 1385 and the Insurrection Act that was restored is 10 USC 331-335

Just over a year ago there was a string of killings in Sampson, Alabama. It was an individual that went on a rampage killing. Someone at Fort Rucker authorized troops (about a dozen as I recall) to handle traffic and to secure the various crime scenes (3 or 4) while local law enforcement was tied up dealing with the individual. Much about this event is still not public knowlege but there has been several acknowlegements that a violation of PCA had probably occurred.

What's the problem?

Eric

YardleyLabs
04-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Do you have a link that I could read about the repealed Posse Comitatus Act? Thanks.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=109_cong_bills&docid=f:h5122enr.txt.pdf -- look at page 322

‘‘§ 333. Major public emergencies; interference with State and
Federal law
‘‘(a) USE OF ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.—
(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the
National Guard in Federal service, to—
‘‘(A) restore public order and enforce the laws of the United
States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or
other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or
incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the
United States, the President determines that—
‘‘(i) domestic violence has occurred to such an extent
that the constituted authorities of the State or possession
are incapable of maintaining public order; and
‘‘(ii) such violence results in a condition described in
paragraph (2); or
‘‘(B) suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic
violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such insurrection,
violation, combination, or conspiracy results in a condition
described in paragraph (2).
‘‘(2) A condition described in this paragraph is a condition
that—
‘‘(A) so hinders the execution of the laws of a State or
possession, as applicable, and of the United States within that
State or possession, that any part or class of its people is
deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named
in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted
authorities of that State or possession are unable, fail, or refuse
to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that
protection; or
H. R. 5122—323
‘‘(B) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the
United States or impedes the course of justice under those
laws.
‘‘(3) In any situation covered by paragraph (1)(B), the State
shall be considered to have denied the equal..."

dnf777
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
What's the problem?

Eric

Probably nothing in that particular case. But just like alarms in airplanes, they don't put them there for no reason. Something significant usually happened that folks at the time wanted to make sure would never happen again. Over time, the original intent is often forgotten.

Franco, I know that YOU know darn well that the first aggressive action was the firing upon Ft. Sumpter in Charleston Harbor by the confederates, not Bull Run or Manassas. Amazing and sad to think there were actually spectators in lawn chairs watching and thinking that would be a little posturing, and it would all dissipate afterwards! :(

As a courtesy to my southern friends, I'll always refer to that tragic conflict as the "Civil War", rather than names that implicate one side or the other. Its just easier that way. :)

zeus3925
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Who knows how this militia fever is going to end. If there was a an armed insurgency, anything could happen. The idea of these characters would be to establish a government that more reflects their point of view. However, I fear a democracy would NOT be a result. These would be insurgents are too convinced of the righteousness of their belief to have any room for those who believe otherwise.

Then there is a question of where this would all lead once the dust settled. They would certainly have to kill fellow Americans in the pursuits of their ends. Destruction of civil authority could very well end up with the country divided into a collection of fiefdoms, each dominated by an autocratic warlord with no hope of reestablishing a republic equal to that we have now.

Franco
04-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Franco, I know that YOU know darn well that the first aggressive action was the firing upon Ft. Sumpter in Charleston Harbor by the confederates, not Bull Run or Manassas. Amazing and sad to think there were actually spectators in lawn chairs watching and thinking that would be a little posturing, and it would all dissipate afterwards! :(

As a courtesy to my southern friends, I'll always refer to that tragic conflict as the "Civil War", rather than names that implicate one side or the other. Its just easier that way. :)

Yea, they had all the northern insurgent terrorist isolate in a fort not fully constructed or fortified. They on several occasions were offered the opportunity to surrender.

What were the southern patriots to do? Let them walk out to try and rejoin thier ranks so that they could murder us in the future? No, they had to be taught a lesson!

Eric Johnson
04-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Jeff-

That was repealed! It doesn't exist except in history books. See:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1385.html

dnf777-

I mentioned Sampson,AL as an example only to show that the PCA is alive and well. See above plus:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/usc_sec_10_00000331----000-.html and the few pages that follow. This is the Insurrection Act of 1807.

Eric

david gibson
04-13-2010, 10:10 PM
guys - lets be serious here - the talk about a militia was in OKLAHOMA

really now. does that scare anybody?

when it happens in Texas, and it very may will if the POS POTUS keeps up his shenanigans - THEN you should be afraid - very afraid.

CMRR&GC
04-13-2010, 11:20 PM
The Tea Party is its own worst enemy.

BonMallari
04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
The Tea Party is its own worst enemy.

To a certain point you may be right...just like any other movement, the initial goals and values of theirs may have had merit,but like many other causes once they have reached their goals, they get delusions of grandeur that they can become a whole entity to themselves or in this case a bonafide political party..I imagine that they have an agenda and want a seat at the table in forming the Republican platform but I hope that it stops there and they dont get in the way of the wave of the anti incumbent sentiment

Buzz
04-13-2010, 11:54 PM
To a certain point you may be right...just like any other movement, the initial goals and values of theirs may have had merit,but like many other causes once they have reached their goals, they get delusions of grandeur that they can become a whole entity to themselves or in this case a bonafide political party..I imagine that they have an agenda and want a seat at the table in forming the Republican platform but I hope that it stops there and they dont get in the way of the wave of the anti incumbent sentiment

I think its individuals within the movement that get delusions of grandeur and go off the reservation. There is really no official movement organizational structure or platform and therefore no mechanism for imposing discipline within the ranks when individuals attempt to impose their agenda upon the movement. To speak for the tea party, it seems all you got to do is say that you're one of them and have some meetings.

BonMallari
04-14-2010, 12:19 AM
I think its individuals within the movement that get delusions of grandeur and go off the reservation. There is really no official movement organizational structure or platform and therefore no mechanism for imposing discipline within the ranks when individuals attempt to impose their agenda upon the movement. To speak for the tea party, it seems all you got to do is say that you're one of them

exactly....everyone thinks it hip and cool to be associated with the Tea party

Hew
04-14-2010, 03:28 AM
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=109_cong_bills&docid=f:h5122enr.txt.pdf -- look at page 322

‘‘§ 333. Major public emergencies; interference with State and
Federal law
‘‘(a) USE OF ARMED FORCES IN MAJOR PUBLIC EMERGENCIES.—
(1) The President may employ the armed forces, including the
National Guard in Federal service, to— " .......etc etc etc.........
Thanks, but your link does not indicate that Posse Comitatus has ever been repealed, as dnf claimed (not the first time he's opined on posse comitatus w/o knowing what he's talking about, but I digress).

The Warner Act, signed by Bush, specified the circumstances upon which Federal troops could be called upon in the event of an emergency. It did not repeal posse comitatus. Prior to the Warner Act there were exclusions to posse comitatus that allowed the president to send Federal troops; like when Clinton dispatched 4,000 Army, Marine and National Guard personnel to help quell the Rodney King riots. And now, even with the repeal of portions of the Warner Act, there are exclusions to posse comitatus that allow the use of Fed. troops.

dnf777
04-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Thanks, but your link does not indicate that Posse Comitatus has ever been repealed, as dnf claimed (not the first time he's opined on posse comitatus w/o knowing what he's talking about, but I digress).

The Warner Act, signed by Bush, specified the circumstances upon which Federal troops could be called upon in the event of an emergency. It did not repeal posse comitatus. Prior to the Warner Act there were exclusions to posse comitatus that allowed the president to send Federal troops; like when Clinton dispatched 4,000 Army, Marine and National Guard personnel to help quell the Rodney King riots. And now, even with the repeal of portions of the Warner Act, there are exclusions to posse comitatus that allow the use of Fed. troops.

You don't think that little part about letting the president order troops to be deployed against US citizens for 'other reasons', in effect, gutting the PCA?
I would think with our communist Kenyan Marxist president (as he's referred to on this list) you would be opposed to his ability hurl lightening bolts at the common man.

dnf777
04-14-2010, 06:02 AM
guys - lets be serious here - the talk about a militia was in OKLAHOMA

really now. does that scare anybody?

when it happens in Texas, and it very may will if the POS POTUS keeps up his shenanigans - THEN you should be afraid - very afraid.

The new Texas militia battle cry could be "Remember David Koresh!"

Oh wait, that's no good.

Come to think about it, we should fear Oklahoma FAR worse than Texas. (remember that little federal building thing with Tim McVeigh?)

I can't believe there's people sympathizing with these nutty militias. Airplanes into buildings, shootings at gov't buildings, hell, blowing up buildings......when will people learn that these self-ritcheous nuts serve no purpose other than to serve themselves?

Hew
04-14-2010, 06:55 AM
You don't think that little part about letting the president order troops to be deployed against US citizens for 'other reasons', in effect, gutting the PCA? The PCA wasn't gutted. In fact, most of the provisions have remained unchanged since it was written more than a hundred years ago. The Warner Act codified and provided guidelines/restrictions to the deployment of Federal troops in a public emergency...something that MANY presidents have tapdanced around (Hoover and the Bonus Marchers, FDR throughout the entire war, LBJ and Nixon during Viet Nam, Clinton during the LA Riots and Bush during Katrina come to mind). The Warner Act actually provided more Congressional oversight than was previously required. In context, the Warner Act was written not long after Katrina (where Federal troops were used...was that a violation of PCA?) and during the Bird Flu scare. The uproar against the act was largely disingenuous and politically motivated and the Warner Act was repealed not long after. Regardless, whether you feel PCA was gutted by the Warner Act or not, it most certainly was never repealed as you contended.

I would think with our communist Kenyan Marxist president (as he's referred to on this list) you would be opposed to his ability hurl lightening bolts at the common man. Don't kid yourself. The President is the most powerful person who walks the earth. If he wants to hurl lightening bolts at you no law is going to stop him. When we elect them we bestow upon them the trust that they won't abuse that incredible power. Some presidents earned that trust more than others and some exercised that trust better than others.

YardleyLabs
04-14-2010, 07:08 AM

I never claimed it was repealed. The 2006 bill codified a fairly broad exception, but did not overturn the PCA.

Jeff-

That was repealed! It doesn't exist except in history books. See:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1385.html

dnf777-

I mentioned Sampson,AL as an example only to show that the PCA is alive and well. See above plus:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/usc_sec_10_00000331----000-.html and the few pages that follow. This is the Insurrection Act of 1807.

Eric
I see no evidence that the 2006 act was repealed in your references or on Thomases.

Hew
04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
I see no evidence that the 2006 act was repealed in your references or on Thomases.
You're preachin' to the choir. Dnf is the one who said it was repealed.

EDIT...my bad. I misunderstood you.

Here's what wiki says about it:

In 2008, these changes (in the Warner Act) were repealed in their entirety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act#Repeal_of_amendments), reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act).[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act#cite_note-4)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

YardleyLabs
04-14-2010, 07:50 AM
You're preachin' to the choir. Dnf is the one who said it was repealed.

EDIT...my bad. I misunderstood you.

Here's what wiki says about it:

In 2008, these changes (in the Warner Act) were repealed in their entirety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act#Repeal_of_amendments), reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act).[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act#cite_note-4)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
That makes sense then. The Cornell source never showed the repeal or any other mention of PL 109-364 that I could find. Sorry Eric.

road kill
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
None of these "militias" are as frightening as ACORN!!

Just my humble observation.:D

rk

zeus3925
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM

rk

ACORN is dead.

Pete
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE]But, they do have the right to form a militia...after forming it, what do they do? They can't go around killing people or holding hostages. So what's the point/QUOTE]

The point may be that if the governor of a state through legal channels cannot get the job done , he has every right to protect his states interests against unconstitutional imposed regulations. Therefore the federal government cannot force social/commy regulations on its citizens.

This years Idaho gubernatorial race will be a classic.

Pete

precisionlabradors
04-14-2010, 09:34 AM

rk

aren't you the guy always busting dnf's balls about drawing comparisons to the other guy of the past?

just my humble observation :D
________
VAPORIZERS INFO (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

Pete
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE]Who knows how this militia fever is going to end. If there was a an armed insurgency, anything could happen. The idea of these characters would be to establish a government that more reflects their point of view. However, I fear a democracy would NOT be a result. These would be insurgents are too convinced of the righteousness of their belief to have any room for those who believe otherwise/QUOTE]

If someone came into your home at night to rape your kids,,,would you not defend them. Or would you stop and think for a moment that just because you want to impose your will ,,,by eradicating the pervert ,,that you might be as guilty as the militia men protecting their state from terror,,,, and so you let it slide. After all you don't want to impose your will over his now do you.

There is no difference to me.

Pete

dback
04-14-2010, 10:03 AM
ACORN is dead.

I don't think so www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53093

Eric Johnson
04-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Jeff-

No big deal except I was getting frustrated trying to think of yet another way to say the same thing.

The reason Cornell doesn't mention the repeal is that the Cornell site is the current law. The tip is when a citation contains "USC" as this indicates it refers to the current law as opposed to a HB or SB. I guess the difference is that the Cornell site is oriented to lawyers instead of historians and debaters.

Eric

road kill
04-14-2010, 10:12 AM
aren't you the guy always busting dnf's balls about drawing comparisons to the other guy of the past?

just my humble observation :D

Ask DNF.
ACORN is NOT dead!

Nothing humble about your snarky cheap shot!!:D

rk

YardleyLabs
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Jeff-

No big deal except I was getting frustrated trying to think of yet another way to say the same thing.

The reason Cornell doesn't mention the repeal is that the Cornell site is the current law. The tip is when a citation contains "USC" as this indicates it refers to the current law as opposed to a HB or SB. I guess the difference is that the Cornell site is oriented to lawyers instead of historians and debaters.

Eric
I understand, but in their footnotes Cornell indicates historical changes (including repeals) and the PL that implemented them. That way you know that they have incorporated the effects of a law. I went through all of the Title 10 changes and did a search for the public law and kept finding nothing to indicate that they had either incorporated it or incorporated it and then posted the repeal. I wasn't necessarily doubting your statement which was why I said I had found no evidence of a repeal. I also found no evidence that it was in force even though it had clearly been signed into law.

menmon
04-14-2010, 11:19 AM

rk

Nor the RNC

Eric Johnson
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Now...

In Alabama we already have a militia. They are called either the State Defense Force or the State Guard. They are an arm of the Military Dept. Fully manned they are about 1,000 strong and mostly retired military.

Most other states have a similar group with a similar function. Georgia and Texas come to mind. They both have large memberships and a budget for their groups. However, the State of Oklahoma currently has no such group.

These groups are essentially a labor pool for the Air and Army National Guard to draw upon when the state military force is manpower short. For instance, if a unit of the Alabama National Guard is serving overseas and a disaster were to strike, the SDF would fill in the hole left by that unit being overseas.

The trick is that the SDF is not under the "guidance" of DoD and can't ever be federalized.

Eric

Uncle Bill
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Now...

In Alabama we already have a militia. They are called either the State Defense Force or the State Guard. They are an arm of the Military Dept. Fully manned they are about 1,000 strong and mostly retired military.

Most other states have a similar group with a similar function. Georgia and Texas come to mind. They both have large memberships and a budget for their groups. However, the State of Oklahoma currently has no such group.

These groups are essentially a labor pool for the Air and Army National Guard to draw upon when the state military force is manpower short. For instance, if a unit of the Alabama National Guard is serving overseas and a disaster were to strike, the SDF would fill in the hole left by that unit being overseas.

The trick is that the SDF is not under the "guidance" of DoD and can't ever be federalized.

Eric

Great post, Eric. 'Splains it in words even a Dr should be able to understand.

We don't have one YET in Sodak, but like many of those squirrel hunting states, we do have a plethora of goose hunters that can be called upon at any time.:D

BTW, as I watched one Oklahoma conservative running for Governor explain their development of a militia, it was for the same reasons you explained Alabama's SDF is for, and it had little to do with any Tea Party.

UB

precisionlabradors
04-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Ask DNF.
ACORN is NOT dead!

Nothing humble about your snarky cheap shot!!:D

rk

rk=king of snarky cheap shots. compare away, just don't whine AS MUCH when dnf does it.

im not debating whether or not ACORN is dead.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

road kill
04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
ACORN is dead.

im not debating whether or not ACORN is dead..

Really..........

Well, make up your mind.

Also what goes on between me and Dave is, well, pretty much between me and Dave.
If he has an issue he can call me as he & I have struck up a nice friendship, unless maybe you know more about it than I do????
Maybe I am wrong....Hey Dave???

Whiney regards :cool:

rk

zeus3925
04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Really..........

Well, make up your mind.

Also what goes on between me and Dave is, well, pretty much between me and Dave.
If he has an issue he can call me as he & I have struck up a nice friendship, unless maybe you know more about it than I do????
Maybe I am wrong....Hey Dave???

Whiney regards :cool:

rk

I don't how how far back you went looking for the second quote, but if you read it in that thread, I was electing not to comment THEN on the status of ACORN. But at this point ACORN is definitely dead --busted and bankrupt. As for ACORN itself I figured it probably was an organization of recovering alcoholics picking up trash on the highway until the recent controversy. I could care less if they continue to exist or not. It neither bakes my bread nor fills my pocket.

As for your relationship with Dave, I said nothing about that nor am I aware that I intervened in your budding friendship. I certainly have no intention of making you feel jealous. Take a deep breath there, RK

Regards

road kill
04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't how how far back you went looking for the second quote, but if you read it in that thread, I was electing not to comment THEN on the status of ACORN. But at this point ACORN is definitely dead --busted and bankrupt. As for ACORN itself I figured it probably was an organization of recovering alcoholics picking up trash on the highway until the recent controversy. I could care less if they continue to exist or not. It neither bakes my bread nor fills my pocket.

As for your relationship with Dave, I said nothing about that nor am I aware that I intervened in your budding friendship. I certainly have no intention of making you feel jealous. Take a deep breath there, RK

Regards

Maybe a few less deep breaths for you would be helpful!!:D

Grateful Dead regards..........

In regard to Dave, I got you and Precision Labs confused.
My bad.:(

rk

dnf777
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
RK,
I don't mind ducking and throwing a few swings with you.
I know there's a frosty mug and mellow stogie at the other end!
We should all agree to be friends who love dogs at the end of the day.

I may strongly disagree with you and a few other cigarette smokin' babies on how things should be done, but I NEVER doubt your love for this country and the freedoms we enjoy. NEVER, brother.

road kill
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
RK,
I don't mind ducking and throwing a few swings with you.
I know there's a frosty mug and mellow stogie at the other end!
We should all agree to be friends who love dogs at the end of the day.

I may strongly disagree with you and a few other cigarette smokin' babies on how things should be done, but I NEVER doubt your love for this country and the freedoms we enjoy. NEVER, brother.

We should have a POTUS fun test/trial someday.
Just for those that post here.
RP is welcome, no one will mess with anyone if I am there, I promise!

Imagine how much fun the DOGS would have.

I would imagine it would be a riot!!
Chris could be the test secratary??;-)

Oh well.......

rk

zeus3925
04-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Maybe a few less deep breaths for you would be helpful!!:D

Grateful Dead regards..........

In regard to Dave, I got you and Precision Labs confused.
My bad.:(

rk

I see now you ascribed a quote to me that I did not make.

Do I detect anger in "Grateful Dead", or perhaps a crypto-threat?

Explanation on Dave accepted.

BonMallari
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM

Oh well.......

rk

that would be hilarious, except you would need 3 judges, a liberal,a conservative,and an independent...or an atheist,a Christian,and a deist ;)

dback
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I am not too sure there are any rocket scientists in the Tea party.......but at least they picked a name for the party that most of them can spell........

Guess even one of your 'left leaning' news outlets would find your statement both juvenile and baseless.... www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36528044/ns/politics-the_new_york_times but keep coming with the infantile comments until it bites you in the arse come Nov. Reminds me of the city kid that pokes at a diamondback with a short stick.

Buzz
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM

Oh well.......

rk

As long as it's dog against dog, and not against a standard.:cool:

dback
04-14-2010, 11:53 PM
I will live with what ever the majority votes.......the article you cite illustrates how divided/splintered the group that resides to the right of center is I can see how you would miss the bold print headline "educated" that dealt directly with your statement that I quoted :rolleyes: ......seems like it would be impossible to unify all those factions/agendas maybe a few unsavory back room deals and arm twisting will do the trick ;-)........time will tell.....cut taxes for the wealthy and spend like crazy for 8 years seemed Ok with all of them - hard to understand the current animosity when there are some positive indicators moving in the right direction........you can't fill an 8 year hole in 2 years especially when you downshift and slam the 'spending accelerator' to the floor..........

I own a business.......there are no 'positive indicators' right now!

ducknwork
04-15-2010, 06:19 AM
........you can't fill an 8 year hole in 2 years especially when you downshift and slam the 'spending accelerator' to the floor..........

On a similar note, my little brother did exactly that in his 94 pathfinder about a month ago...He blew the engine, BTW.

dnf777
04-15-2010, 08:38 AM
I own a business.......there are no 'positive indicators' right now!

today's news is that Fortune 500 net revenues up 335%, a record, while forclosures and jobless rates up again. (may be many have re-entered the job search...not sure exactly how they count??)

In any case, it appears the rich are getting richer, and the rest of us are still getting screwed! Not really news to me.

dback
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
On a similar note, my little brother did exactly that in his 94 pathfinder about a month ago...He blew the engine, BTW.

Don't know about everyone else but, I'm not speaking to you until you post another picture of Barbara Bermudo :-)