PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Diamond Says the Recovery Is Strong

menmon
04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
This morning Jamie Diamond CEO of JP Morgan said the economic recovery is strong after JP Morgan reported better than expected earnings!

Consumer spending was much better than expected

Consumer Price index was better than expected - still no inflation issues

Watch what happens to the deficit this year as taxable earnings increase.

This country and the world were on the brink of a financial collapse that would have made the Great Depression look like a real tea party, and history shows that had liquidity been injected into the market we could have avoided the Great Depression. So this time around they did not make that same mistake and took actions to stablize the markets and get the economy moving in a positive direction. Yes we will all pay more taxes, but I would rather have a job and pay more taxes than not have one and pay less.

Now before those out there start saying this is wrong and keep defending all the failed policies of the republicans while hoping the world does not get better until the elections occur so that they can put their team back in power, please remember how they screw things up and how they will only srew it up more if given the chance again. So please keep an open mind and think a little bit about how you are chearing for failure. Thanks

Uncle Bill
04-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Now before those out there start saying this is wrong and keep defending all the failed policies of the republicans while hoping the world does not get better until the elections occur so that they can put their team back in power, please remember how they screw things up and how they will only srew it up more if given the chance again. So please keep an open mind and think a little bit about how you are chearing for failure. Thanks

What fun to see a post from such an "open-mind".:rolleyes:

Some of this jubilation may be respectable if it weren't done by an obvious shill for the stock market...a salesman with no self-serving gain in mind???

Has the thought ever occurred to you that many of us that have been skinned plenty by the likes of you, aren't "cheering for failure", but are reasonably skeptical?

OR, that some of us even believe that HISTORY provides some of the guidelines we are likely to encounter.

You can pretend to be 'open-minded' and sing the praises of this "recovery" all you want, but until there is a true reduction in the unemployed, your cheer leading is just another phoney attempt to prop up your spendthrift leadership.

UB

Marvin S
04-14-2010, 11:20 AM
For someone in the financial world one would expect a little more knowledge - it's Dimon not Diamond :rolleyes:. & as UB states "He's a shill for the financial crowd".

menmon
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
For someone in the financial world one would expect a little more knowledge - it's Dimon not Diamond :rolleyes:. & as UB states "He's a shill for the financial crowd".

I'm a quant jock...not a scholor (did I spell that right?)

menmon
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
"He's a shill for the financial crowd".[/QUOTE]

The numbers back his shill....just look at the numbers...they say it all.

menmon
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
What fun to see a post from such an "open-mind".:rolleyes:

Some of this jubilation may be respectable if it weren't done by an obvious shill for the stock market...a salesman with no self-serving gain in mind???

Has the thought ever occurred to you that many of us that have been skinned plenty by the likes of you, aren't "cheering for failure", but are reasonably skeptical?

OR, that some of us even believe that HISTORY provides some of the guidelines we are likely to encounter.

You can pretend to be 'open-minded' and sing the praises of this "recovery" all you want, but until there is a true reduction in the unemployed, your cheer leading is just another phoney attempt to prop up your spendthrift leadership.

UB

I'm not a stock broker....but it does excite me to see my 401k going up everyday, and I know the first thing that must happen before a company starts hiring is its stock value needs to go up.

Jamie Dimon, I think said JPM would be hiring 8000 new employees.

kjrice
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
"He's a shill for the financial crowd

The numbers back his shill....just look at the numbers...they say it all.
No they don't. Everyone I know in the business says the market is a joke, and to expect a correction before year end. One source even said this summer is possible. Also, I think what you are going to see is stagflation like we had during the Carter presidency.

freefall319
04-14-2010, 03:21 PM

UB

Ditto.

The un-employment rate is about to jump up in my county within the next few months. In my Department alone there are 90 of us are looking at pink slips. That's not counting all the teachers and non-safety county workers that are going to be laid off ( I dont have accurate number's on those job's yet) in either May/June. So how can you claim that the economy is getting better when teacher's and cop's are getting laid off in waves?

How funny is it that this announcement is made BEFORE the new fiscal year & layoff's are made.:rolleyes:

dnf777
04-14-2010, 03:37 PM
This country and the world were on the brink of a financial collapse that would have made the Great Depression look like a real tea party, and history shows that had liquidity been injected into the market we could have avoided the Great Depression. So this time around they did not make that same mistake and took actions to stablize the markets and get the economy moving in a positive direction. Yes we will all pay more taxes, but I would rather have a job and pay more taxes than not have one and pay less.

Well said. Even well spelled. ;)
That's the point of my occasionally bringing up the Bush regime, when I hear people tea-bagging each other over the out of control spending, and the doom is spells. We DO need to fix blame for this economic disaster, as to not be tea-bagged into believing that another republican administration will somehow fix things. They ARE being fixed, not exactly as I would think, but I'm no economist. All I see is 8 years of Clinton==economy strong, spending DOWN, deficit DOWN, size of federal gov't DOWN. Then eight years of Bush==economy in worst disaster since great depression, spending UP to record levels, deficit UP to largest and fastest turnaround in US history, national debt UP so high, they had to add another digit to the ticker, (broke through $10 trillion) and size of gov't in terms of personnel and spending UP. Now we have Obama and the economy is recovering it would appear, however spending and deficits are still too high.

I'm a simple man. When I look at the above facts, I simply decide which of the two is a lesser evil, and should be trusted to lead the country. Add to that, we were attacked with the worst act of terrorism on Bush's watch since Pearl Harbor, and that, technically was an act of war, post-facto, since FDR declared war on Japan as of that moment, the next day. The republicans under Bush nearly brought about the end of the United States, and the economic world as we know it. A little over a year later, most people are breathing a little easier, according to consumer confidence indicators.

I find it telling that almost nobody is willing to admit that the following three stats are a GOOD thing:

280,000 jobs created in March (I subtracted the census workers, to avoid that whine)

Best consumer confidence in 10 years

Dow >11,000

I'm willing to bet that if a republican wins the next race, the SECOND he/she is sworn in, these numbers will be hailed and attributed to the new president! If Obama wins re-election, they will continue to be ignored or downplayed.

Hew
04-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Oh, I simply must read about that. Link please?

menmon
04-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Ditto.

The un-employment rate is about to jump up in my county within the next few months. In my Department alone there are 90 of us are looking at pink slips. That's not counting all the teachers and non-safety county workers that are going to be laid off ( I dont have accurate number's on those job's yet) in either May/June. So how can you claim that the economy is getting better when teacher's and cop's are getting laid off in waves?

How funny is it that this announcement is made BEFORE the new fiscal year & layoff's are made.:rolleyes:

Uncle Bill, I don't know were you are located, but there are clearly many parts of the economy that are still in distress. That does not mean that the overall economy is not improving and that is the first step to things getting better for all of us. Even when things were supposably good during Bush's terms, it didn't mean that people were not losing jobs and homes.

Obama came out yesterday supporting NASA when he had abandoned it months back. If you live somewhere other than Houston, you probably don't support this, but it is good for Houston.

Uncle Bill, I was unemployeed for 18 months after 911. I was a telecom investment banker and at that time no one wanted telcom or investment bankers, where a year before that headhunters called me constantly. No one would hire me for a lessor paying job because they did not think I would stay. So I pretty much spent everything I had saved paying my bills since my lifestyle was high. Painful period for me, but it got my priorites straight. Think about it, you don't do that job unless money is really important to you. In hidsight it was best thing that happened to me. My family had been put second to my career and my son was entering his teenage years and needed his dad around not working all the time. It took me 6 months before I applied for unemployment too. I think it ran 13 weeks back then, and I was glad to get every dime.

The reason I'm sharing this is that none of us are invincible. I had done alll the right things, gone to the right schools and thought I was set for life, and I lost it all and could control a bit of it. This is why I not so quick to oppose unions and help from the government, because at the drop of a dime, these companies will put you on the street and when you have a family to care for a little charity is nice. People helped me and I have no problem giving back.

Uncle Bill
04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Well said. Even well spelled. ;)
That's the point of my occasionally bringing up the Bush regime, when I hear people tea-bagging each other over the out of control spending, and the doom is spells. We DO need to fix blame for this economic disaster, as to not be tea-bagged into believing that another republican administration will somehow fix things. They ARE being fixed, not exactly as I would think, but I'm no economist. All I see is 8 years of Clinton==economy strong, spending DOWN, deficit DOWN, size of federal gov't DOWN. Then eight years of Bush==economy in worst disaster since great depression, spending UP to record levels, deficit UP to largest and fastest turnaround in US history, national debt UP so high, they had to add another digit to the ticker, (broke through $10 trillion) and size of gov't in terms of personnel and spending UP. Now we have Obama and the economy is recovering it would appear, however spending and deficits are still too high.

I'm a simple man. When I look at the above facts, I simply decide which of the two is a lesser evil, and should be trusted to lead the country. Add to that, we were attacked with the worst act of terrorism on Bush's watch since Pearl Harbor, and that, technically was an act of war, post-facto, since FDR declared war on Japan as of that moment, the next day. The republicans under Bush nearly brought about the end of the United States, and the economic world as we know it. A little over a year later, most people are breathing a little easier, according to consumer confidence indicators.

I find it telling that almost nobody is willing to admit that the following three stats are a GOOD thing:

280,000 jobs created in March (I subtracted the census workers, to avoid that whine)

Dow >11,000

I'm willing to bet that if a republican wins the next race, the SECOND he/she is sworn in, these numbers will be hailed and attributed to the new president! If Obama wins re-election, they will continue to be ignored or downplayed.

Let me explain what's difficult for a conservative American like me, is to realize there folks of your ilk, that live in this great nation while, like your President, continue to do your best to defame and malign it's history and it's greatness.

And as I might expect from a sleezeball malcontent phoney like you, is to slam the real Americans in this nation that are fed up with you and the people you put in power, by calling their real honest TEA party movement, "tea-bagging." You are indeed the epitome of a true asshat.

If it wasn't so damning for the ability of my grandkids and great grands to not have to be so crushed by the debt this pompous messiah and his batch of sheeple herders have foisted on this country, I'd almost welcome this healthcare bill to stay in tact. It would be fun to watch what you Yahoos have been touting when it's once in place. Of course, for a medical lightweight it will be great to be on the governments payroll, kinda like the tenured baggage the teachers unions promote.

BTW, I'm amazed at your perspicacity to recognize how the previous 8 years of Bush mucked up the entire world for Obama and his cronies...but you haven't the foggiest idea how 12 years of conservativism that killed the cold war, and gave Clinton all those military sell-offs so his 'budget' looked good and he could claim all he did for the nation, so ignoramuses like you would overlook his peccadillos. I fully understand your desire to return to those dress-stained days.

UB

Steve
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Exactly what differences do you see between O'bama and Bush fiscal policies. Neither one of them is free market based. The biggest difference is the rate of the increase of government growth. Economically, Bush was a statist and should have been loved by left wingers.

Exactly how does anyone expect the government to grow exponentially and to continue to put burdens on productive and then still improve the economy. Talk about voodoo economics.

dnf777
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Let me explain what's difficult for a conservative American like me, is to realize there folks of your ilk, that live in this great nation while, like your President, continue to do your best to defame and malign it's history and it's greatness.

And as I might expect from a sleezeball malcontent phoney like you, is to slam the real Americans in this nation that are fed up with you and the people you put in power, by calling their real honest TEA party movement, "tea-bagging." You are indeed the epitome of a true asshat.

If it wasn't so damning for the ability of my grandkids and great grands to not have to be so crushed by the debt this pompous messiah and his batch of sheeple herders have foisted on this country, I'd almost welcome this healthcare bill to stay in tact. It would be fun to watch what you Yahoos have been touting when it's once in place. Of course, for a medical lightweight it will be great to be on the governments payroll, kinda like the tenured baggage the teachers unions promote.

BTW, I'm amazed at your perspicacity to recognize how the previous 8 years of Bush mucked up the entire world for Obama and his cronies...but you haven't the foggiest idea how 12 years of conservativism that killed the cold war, and gave Clinton all those military sell-offs so his 'budget' looked good and he could claim all he did for the nation, so ignoramuses like you would overlook his peccadillos. I fully understand your desire to return to those dress-stained days.

UB

Okay. More personal attacks and name calling. Just what I expected from you.

If you think I'm defaming and maligning this country's great history, you have a real perception defect. I already knew that. I served in uniform for 14 years. If you did, I applaud you. If you didn't, don't worry, I fought for your right to bad-mouth me and other proud Americans who happen to disagree with your warped, hate-filled view of America. I won't bore you with my family's military heritage going beyond my grandfather Allshouse who fought at Gettysburg (on the American side) and his predecessors who fought Indians before we were a country, let alone the WWI, WWII, Korean, and Vietnam vets, whom all I love and cherish their memories.

You just keep insulting those who work, fought, and pay taxes to support your right to spew insults at the rest of us.

Your kids and grandkids, as well as mine, haven't begun to pay off Reagan's debt, let alone Bush I, or Bush II; so lets wait until that happens before we worry about Obama! Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to crush your logic with a little truth! I know how that disrupts your reality.

Have a nice day. And sleep sound. There's lots of folks protecting you, even if they disagree with you. Its what makes our country great.

God bless America, including you, UB!

dnf777
04-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Exactly what differences do you see between O'bama and Bush fiscal policies. Neither one of them is free market based. The biggest difference is the rate of the increase of government growth. Economically, Bush was a statist and should have been loved by left wingers.

Exactly how does anyone expect the government to grow exponentially and to continue to put burdens on productive and then still improve the economy. Talk about voodoo economics.

Statist? The national debt increased by 5-7 trillion, depending on who you listen to! So at a minimum, he almost doubled our indebtedness. IOW, ran up the credit card tab as much as all 42 men before him since 1776! That's not static.

Koolaid
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Statist? The national debt increased by 5-7 trillion, depending on who you listen to! So at a minimum, he almost doubled our indebtedness. IOW, ran up the credit card tab as much as all 42 men before him since 1776! That's not static.

stat·ism (stā'tĭz'əm)
n. The practice or doctrine of giving a centralized government control over economic planning and policy.

I think he has the same line of thinking as you. Unless I'm having reading comprehension problems in either of your posts.

dnf777
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
stat·ism (stā'tĭz'əm)
n. The practice or doctrine of giving a centralized government control over economic planning and policy.

I think he has the same line of thinking as you. Unless I'm having reading comprehension problems in either of your posts.

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Koolaid
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Bored and lurking.

I avoid giving opinions on the topics lately to avoid the whole mind you own business Canadian thing.

Can we talk about Pot again?

dback
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Bored and lurking.I avoid giving opinions on the topics lately to avoid the whole mind you own business Canadian thing.

Now you know how Police Officers feel about responding to 'domestic violence' calls!!!:-) :-)

YardleyLabs
04-14-2010, 08:18 PM

UB
I think a few members of this forum, but particularly you, may need a 12 step program to work on attacking the ideas (preferably with facts that can be documented) without attacking the person. In case there is any doubt about what I mean, I have highlighted what I consider to be personal attacks in bolded red. So many insults, so few ideas.

dnf777
04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Wow, I missed most of those. I quit reading for the most part after the first few name-calling instances. It was back to the "ignore list" for UB about half way through his little tantrum. POTUS is much more enjoyable without that kind of childish hatred, and I don't mean to insult children like that. I don't even mind a few insults and jabs if they're packing some interesting facts or counterpoints, but he's the cotton-candy of debate....all colorful fluff, and no substance!

Steve
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Bored and lurking.

I avoid giving opinions on the topics lately to avoid the whole mind you own business Canadian thing.

Can we talk about Pot again?

Pol Pot was another heinous example of "Communists Gone Wild" at the end of the Vietnam War. His total number of killed was around 2 million.

If you mean marijuana, I am in favor of it being legal. As a practical matter, the country is not ready for it. The next best thing would be to treat it about the same as a parking ticket.

Buzz
04-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm think'in he meant a different Pot, but I'm not 100% on that.:D

Marvin S
04-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Uncle Bill, I don't know were you are located, but there are clearly many parts of the economy that are still in distress. That does not mean that the overall economy is not improving and that is the first step to things getting better for all of us. Even when things were supposably good during Bush's terms, it didn't mean that people were not losing jobs and homes.

Obama came out yesterday supporting NASA when he had abandoned it months back. If you live somewhere other than Houston, you probably don't support this, but it is good for Houston.

The economy goes up, the economy goes down, it's a fact of life.

Uncle Bill, I was unemployeed for 18 months after 911. I was a telecom investment banker and at that time no one wanted telcom or investment bankers, where a year before that headhunters called me constantly. No one would hire me for a lessor paying job because they did not think I would stay. So I pretty much spent everything I had saved paying my bills since my lifestyle was high. Painful period for me, but it got my priorites straight. Think about it, you don't do that job unless money is really important to you. In hidsight it was best thing that happened to me. My family had been put second to my career and my son was entering his teenage years and needed his dad around not working all the time. It took me 6 months before I applied for unemployment too. I think it ran 13 weeks back then, and I was glad to get every dime.

While no one would have dreamed 9-11 was going to happen, it's the kind of thing everyone should be prepared for. The loss of employment because of a catastrophe.

Unemployment is a negotiated benefit as long as it comes from the State pool, so someone should not be ashamed of taking what they have rightfully earned. Federal Unemployment is a different ball of wax, it is welfare............ Take that from someone who has had a little training in laborese. Unions long ago quit being the benefit they were in the early years, we can thank unions for children not being allowed to work, so when most reach employable age they have no skills. Being employable is a skill in & of itself.

The reason I'm sharing this is that none of us are invincible. I had done alll the right things, gone to the right schools and thought I was set for life, and I lost it all and could control a bit of it. This is why I not so quick to oppose unions and help from the government, because at the drop of a dime, these companies will put you on the street and when you have a family to care for a little charity is nice. People helped me and I have no problem giving back.

I've worked with those people who had the attitude that I have highlited, they are not much competition. If you believe a company owes you anything, better have it in writing. There is always some weasely bean counter who will cut you off to supposedly save a dime, if you have'nt learned that during your employment years you should. When you're being treated like a puppet with little recourse, you've set yourself up, bigtime.

Wow, I missed most of those. I quit reading for the most part after the first few name-calling instances. It was back to the "ignore list" for UB about half way through his little tantrum. POTUS is much more enjoyable without that kind of childish hatred, and I don't mean to insult children like that. I don't even mind a few insults and jabs if they're packing some interesting facts or counterpoints, but he's the cotton-candy of debate....all colorful fluff, and no substance!

I think a few members of this forum, but particularly you, may need a 12 step program to work on attacking the ideas (preferably with facts that can be documented) without attacking the person. In case there is any doubt about what I mean, I have highlighted what I consider to be personal attacks in bolded red. So many insults, so few ideas.

Jeff, as long as you've appointed yourself forum monitor, clean up both sides. Just because someone agrees with you most of the time does not allow a pass, sometimes a post sounds a little out of line because of the history behind it. This is the "mosh pit" (I'm glad Chris described it, I've never been to a concert) as Chris described, if you're not willing to play stay home. But, I do like the part in your post I have highlited, are you saying that is what you do? :) :) :)

As for your smack at UB's post, I've watched the history behind what's taking place & do not believe it out of line. There are a few on here that I sincerely doubt are what they claim to be professionally & if they actually are I'm glad I don't live close to them so would never require their services. But I'm not an idealogue so can see merit, it it exists in anyone's post. There are actually a couple of your guys (meaning from your side of the fence) who have their moments :o.

charly_t
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm sure glad to know that the recovery is strong...........someone, please, wake me from my nap when my stocks go back up to the price that I paid per share back before all this started.

dnf777
04-15-2010, 04:50 AM
As for your smack at UB's post, I've watched the history behind what's taking place & do not believe it out of line. There are a few on here that I sincerely doubt are what they claim to be professionally & if they actually are I'm glad I don't live close to them so would never require their services. But I'm not an idealogue so can see merit, it it exists in anyone's post. There are actually a couple of your guys (meaning from your side of the fence) who have their moments :o.

If you're referring to me, check my web site:
http://findadoc.upmc.com/PhysicianBioQuery.aspx?EPCDID=55434

If you ever needed my services, I assure you that you would receive the most professional, compassionate care available, with no mention of past comments, or your siding with a mean old man. ;-)

Hew
04-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Best consumer confidence in 10 years.
I'm I ever going to get a chance to read about the best consumer confidence in 10 years?!?

Pete
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Didn't Barney Frank say sort of the same thing about Fannie Mae

Any body can make anything look good when you poor 3 trillion monopoly dollars on it.
p

YardleyLabs
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Jeff, as long as you've appointed yourself forum monitor, clean up both sides. Just because someone agrees with you most of the time does not allow a pass, sometimes a post sounds a little out of line because of the history behind it. This is the "mosh pit" (I'm glad Chris described it, I've never been to a concert) as Chris described, if you're not willing to play stay home. But, I do like the part in your post I have highlited, are you saying that is what you do? :) :) :)

As for your smack at UB's post, I've watched the history behind what's taking place & do not believe it out of line. There are a few on here that I sincerely doubt are what they claim to be professionally & if they actually are I'm glad I don't live close to them so would never require their services. ...
I'm not a forum monitor and don't try to be. I also occasionally snap back at ad hominum attacks directed at me, although I try not to. In this case, I reacted to what appears to be a pattern of incessant personal attacks that go beyond simple inaccurate "ism's" or hyperbole. I don't believe such attacks are warranted from anyone. As to trying to argue points based on facts that are documented, that is exactly what I try to do. I don't mind the mosh pit at all and am not very thin skinned. If I were, I wouldn't be here.

menmon
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Marvin S;599614]The economy goes up, the economy goes down, it's a fact of life.

While no one would have dreamed 9-11 was going to happen, it's the kind of thing everyone should be prepared for. The loss of employment because of a catastrophe.

Unemployment is a negotiated benefit as long as it comes from the State pool, so someone should not be ashamed of taking what they have rightfully earned. Federal Unemployment is a different ball of wax, it is welfare............ Take that from someone who has had a little training in laborese. Unions long ago quit being the benefit they were in the early years, we can thank unions for children not being allowed to work, so when most reach employable age they have no skills. Being employable is a skill in & of itself.

I've worked with those people who had the attitude that I have highlited, they are not much competition. If you believe a company owes you anything, better have it in writing. There is always some weasely bean counter who will cut you off to supposedly save a dime, if you have'nt learned that during your employment years you should. When you're being treated like a puppet with little recourse, you've set yourself up, bigtime.

You are so clueless...I just hope life plays fair with you.

I did not lose my job because of 911...Telecom was dead prior to 911..it just took 911 to flush the rest of us out.

I do agree that people should save their money and prepare for rainy days, but it is imposible for most people to fully insure themselves from everything. Being self-sufficent is a good thing, but a lot depends on where people are in their life and the breaks they have gotten along the way.

Service in the military is an honorable job, but it does not pay very well. Life can throw one of these individual a bad blow and they are up a creek without a paddle.

My point was that a person can do everything right and life can throw them a bad blow. I know lots of men that have worked hard all their life and a massed considerable assets to lose them when their wives got sick or vice versus.

I'm so sick of hearing how we should not help our fellow man!

ducknwork
04-15-2010, 11:19 AM

If you ever needed my services, I assure you that you would receive the most professional, compassionate care available, with no mention of past comments, or your siding with a mean old man. ;-)

DAMN you're ugly!

Does that get me on the ignore list too?:D;)

Before you call your lawyer, please note the humor. I actually find you to be quite attractive.

Before anyone calls me gay, please note that I will sue you.:cool:

I really shouldn't be joking about any of this...:???: But it's way too much fun...

Steve
04-15-2010, 11:47 AM
[quote=Marvin S;599614]I'm so sick of hearing how we should not help our fellow man!

I'm all for private charity. I am totally opposed to government taking anyone's money and giving it to anyone else. With private charity, there is room for deciding who is actually deserving and at what level. Government just doesn't work that way and the result is generations of people who are completely incapable of taking care of their basic needs.

dnf777
04-15-2010, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=ducknwork;599767Before you call your lawyer, please note the humor. I actually find you to be quite attractive.

Before anyone calls me gay, please note that I will sue you.:cool:

...[/QUOTE]

Damn! I thought you were a girl all along! :shock: ;-)

Disclaimer: that wink emoticon was to show the reply was made in good humor, and is in no way to be construed as a favorable response to a homosexual advancement. So is this one.... ;-)

And just in case Chris is watching: :D:D:

Henry V
04-15-2010, 01:07 PM

So, UB and Marvin both attack the messenger cited to start this thread and call them "shills for the stock market".

What do you now call Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn now that they are on the record of opposing financial reform conveniently after meeting with leading Wall Street elites???
For the facts, see:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/government/street-execs-pols-earful-financial-reform/
http://thinkprogress.org/2010/04/13/mcconnell-financial-hedge-fund/
or
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/14/democrats-batter-mitch-mc_n_537441.html

menmon
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Financial reform is like the heathcare debate....no one understands the facts so they take their cues from Beck and the Eskimo Bimbo and the other idiots on Fox News who are clueless and rattle the position of the lobbist.

It is obvious that JPM, BofA and Citi don't want real reform, but they are too big to fail.

Had Glass/Steigel not been repealed, we could have avoided much of the problems we just experienced.

Their argument is that it will make our banks non-competitive with the rest of the western banks. Has anyone stopped to think that those countries might want to make sure this does not happen again too?

Hew
04-15-2010, 02:48 PM
What do you now call Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn now that they are on the record of opposing financial reform conveniently after meeting with leading Wall Street elites???
For the facts, see:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/government/street-execs-pols-earful-financial-reform/
or
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/14/democrats-batter-mitch-mc_n_537441.html
Are you sure that McConnell and Cornyn are on the record of "opposing financial reform," or wouldn't it be more accurate to say that they're on record for "opposing the Democrats proposed financial reforms?"

The Senators explained they can’t just oppose the Dodd bill — they need to come up with a reform plan of their own, as they fight its least free-market components, such as the notion that the government can determine which banks are “too big to fail.”

Given that the Democrats hold all the cards in both houses of Congress, and given that the "Wall Street elites" are pimps for the Democrats, it's a given that McConnell and Cornyn more resembled Don Quioxte and Sancho Panza than US Senators when they ventured into the Democrat's financial breadbasket known as Wall Street.

DNF, can we now add "best consumer confidence in 10 years" to your very long list of factoids extracted from your colon?

menmon
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Are you sure that McConnell and Cornyn are on the record of "opposing financial reform," or wouldn't it be more accurate to say that they're on record for "opposing the Democrats proposed financial reforms?"

Given that the Democrats hold all the cards in both houses of Congress, and given that the "Wall Street elites" are pimps for the Democrats, it's a given that McConnell and Cornyn more resembled Don Quioxte and Sancho Panza than US Senators when they ventured into the Democrat's financial breadbasket known as Wall Street.

DNF, can we now add "best consumer confidence in 10 years" to your very long list of factoids extracted from your colon?

Your right they oppose anything the democrats do...because they believe it helps them in November.

The fact that the democrats are driving the reform, we will get some meaningfull reform, because republicans will cross the isle on this one. Not to popular to oppose reform with most of the american people.

Goose
04-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Your right they oppose anything the democrats do...because they believe it helps them in November.

The fact that the democrats are driving the reform, we will get some meaningfull reform, because republicans will cross the isle on this one. Not to popular to oppose reform with most of the american people.

Do you even own a dictionary?

blind ambition
04-15-2010, 03:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N0w2rORwSc

Here is a little ditty from a couple of Canucks to serenade you. Cheers:)

dnf777
04-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Got it on my iPod!
My response of why I went into this field is, "we all deal with a$$holes at work every day....I get paid for it"

Really, colon and rectal cancer prevention and treatment has had the biggest impact on decreasing the cancer-specific mortality rate in this country. Also, we relieve the worst suffering imaginable. When was the last time you heard someone say something was a "pain in the thyroid"? :(

Franco
04-15-2010, 04:00 PM
As the famous Alfred E Newman use to say, "What me worry"? Rest easily, Dem. Sen. Chris Dodd has our back on this one!:rolleyes:

Doc DNF777, you did your Fellowship at Ochsner, very cool!

Have you watched any of the premier episode of Treme on HBO? The dam show has me so homesick that I can't get it it if my head!

T. Mac
04-15-2010, 04:39 PM
When was the last time you heard someone say something was a "pain in the thyroid"? :(

Ahhhh,

isn't the thyroid in the neck region thus a pain in the thyroid would be a pain in the neck? If so, seems I hear that one a lot. ;)

T. Mac

Buzz
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Really, colon and rectal cancer prevention and treatment has had the biggest impact on decreasing the cancer-specific mortality rate in this country. Also, we relieve the worst suffering imaginable. When was the last time you heard someone say something was a "pain in the thyroid"? :(

I had 18 inches of my colon removed 9 years ago. Fun times. ;-)

I would highly recommend to everyone, get your dang fiber!

dnf777
04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
As the famous Alfred E Newman use to say, "What me worry"? Rest easily, Dem. Sen. Chris Dodd has our back on this one!:rolleyes:

Doc DNF777, you did your Fellowship at Ochsner, very cool!

Have you watched any of the premier episode of Treme on HBO? The dam show has me so homesick that I can't get it it if my head!

Don't watch treme.
Ochsner and NOLA are in my heart forever. I saw a truly integrated town pull together and rebuild, despite lots of ongoing angst. I also gained about 40# in one year! Don't let anyone tell you mud-bugs ain't fattenin'! Maybe it was the Abita amber, also??

Steve Hester
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
For those of you that think the economy has turned around, on the news this morning was a statement that home foreclosures rose 35% last month. And the commercial foreclosures haven't even started yet, but they are coming, in the hundreds of billions of dollars.

Marvin S
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM
You are so clueless...I just hope life plays fair with you. If it were worth the effort I'd compare hard times resumes with you.

I do agree that people should save their money and prepare for rainy days, but it is imposible for most people to fully insure themselves from everything. Being self-sufficent is a good thing, but a lot depends on where people are in their life and the breaks they have gotten along the way. I guess the way to do that is to have 3 dogs in training?

Service in the military is an honorable job, but it does not pay very well.
I'd like to see the stats on that, got any? I just won't believe these people will get shot at for low pay :rolleyes:.

My point was that a person can do everything right and life can throw them a bad blow. I know lots of men that have worked hard all their life and a massed considerable assets to lose them when their wives got sick or vice versus. So, what is your point?

I'm so sick of hearing how we should not help our fellow man! Wanta compare donations? Some of us believe in a hand up rather than a handout!

[quote=dnf777;599650]If you're referring to me, check my web site:

A little sensitive Doc?

I'm not a forum monitor and don't try to be. I also occasionally snap back at ad hominum attacks directed at me, although I try not to. In this case, I reacted to what appears to be a pattern of incessant personal attacks that go beyond simple inaccurate "ism's" or hyperbole. I don't believe such attacks are warranted from anyone. As to trying to argue points based on facts that are documented, that is exactly what I try to do. I don't mind the mosh pit at all and am not very thin skinned. If I were, I wouldn't be here.

I believe it has a lot to do with UB placing the "BIOVATOR" label on your posts :) :) :) .

Marvin S
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
So, UB and Marvin both attack the messenger cited to start this thread and call them "shills for the stock market".

For the facts, see:
or

I don't know what's up their sleeves & could care less. All I know is Chris Dodd (of I did'nt know I was getting a sweetheart deal fame) is sponsoring the bill so it's got to suck. Do I believe the repubs would do any better? Can't answer that.

No financial institution should be allowed to be too big to fail. & the government should not be in the business of deciding winners & losers.

We owned BAC (still do, only a much larger position) prior to their merger with Country Wide & Merrill Lynch. We voted against the merger. Someone on this forum from NC told me to sell my stock if I didn't like the way they were running the company. But I have to believe I was correct in voting against the merger. TBS, when it became patently obvious that BAC was going to be one of the winners we added to our position :). I still don't think banks should have their hand in that many pots, nor do I believe they should be allowed to lend to hedge funds who have little skin in the game.

To be frank with you Henry, I don't trust either side, but still have to work with what they decide as it is the only game capable of beating inflation ;-).

Ruby The Chessie
04-15-2010, 11:22 PM

UB[/QUOTE]

UB I don't care what political affiliation you have, you have a remedial understand of economics at best. Whie the economy is improving it is still unclear if the recovery is working, but to gauge it on the reduction of unenployment is not valid. May be a little less opinion and a little more fact.

dnf777
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
[/FONT]" label on your posts :) :) :) .

1) my credentials were called into question, I just wanted to put the lid on that. I still don't understand why if someone has a different opinion, that necessitates attacking their character or profession? Most likely someone who is very insecure with themselves, and wants company, has been my experinece when people launch those types of insults.
2) there's no number two

Uncle Bill
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
1) my credentials were called into question, I just wanted to put the lid on that. I still don't understand why if someone has a different opinion, that necessitates attacking their character or profession? Most likely someone who is very insecure with themselves, and wants company, has been my experinece when people launch those types of insults.
2) there's no number two

Lookie here folks...that MOR "independant" (whichI maintain is as phoney a claim as anyone on this BB has ever stated) has gone out on the limb and charged me with being "very insecure"..."wants company"...or mebbe he's talking about someone else. Heh heh heh heh. Wouldn't want him to come right out and be truthful and honest, or ever 'tell it like it is'.

I WOULD be "very insecure" if I were a fence rider that didn't know what he stood for, or was too inept to take a stand for a real position, preferring to be linguini-spined on the issues that effect this nation.

In your eyes I'm insecure, but that provides me with a badge of reality, knowing I'm able to jerk your chain at any time, because you have zero comprehension about principled conservative beliefs.

You and the other libs/socialists on this BB claim I'm the "name-caller", and "hate-monger", while they continue to rail against those conservatives I respect...slinging arrows, hate-speech, and derogatory besmirching names of their choosing. "Tea-baggers"? If you think that's cute and clever, then you deserve to be called every UNAMERICAN POS I can conjure up.

It is all too obvious the conservative/libertarian movement began by the grass roots TEA Party crowd has the libs/socialists running scared. And your sycophantic MSP can't get enough negativity in their stories about what's happening.

And your crowd wrings their hands, nervous about your messiah's "changes" not getting implemented quickly enough...not being allowed to turn this once great nation into another european-styled socialist state... before his minions get voted out of office.

NONE of you understand! It's about WAY MORE than taxes...IT'S ABOUT LIBERTY! IT'S ABOUT FREEDOM! IT'S ABOUT AN AMERICAN LIFESTYLE! IT'S ABOUT RUGGED INDIVIDUALISM AND RESPONSIBILITY! IT'S ABOUT WHAT THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON!

And finally, rest assured I was fighting for this USA when you were in filled diapers, so you can drop the sanctimonious drivel about your genealogy.

UB

dnf777
04-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Lookie here folks...that MOR "independant" (whichI maintain is as phoney a claim as anyone on this BB has ever stated) has gone out on the limb and charged me with being "very insecure"..."wants company"...or mebbe he's talking about someone else. Heh heh heh heh. Wouldn't want him to come right out and be truthful and honest, or ever 'tell it like it is'.

I WOULD be "very insecure" if I were a fence rider that didn't know what he stood for, or was too inept to take a stand for a real position, preferring to be linguini-spined on the issues that effect this nation.

In your eyes I'm insecure, but that provides me with a badge of reality, knowing I'm able to jerk your chain at any time, because you have zero comprehension about principled conservative beliefs.

You and the other libs/socialists on this BB claim I'm the "name-caller", and "hate-monger", while they continue to rail against those conservatives I respect...slinging arrows, hate-speech, and derogatory besmirching names of their choosing. "Tea-baggers"? If you think that's cute and clever, then you deserve to be called every UNAMERICAN POS I can conjure up.

It is all too obvious the conservative/libertarian movement began by the grass roots TEA Party crowd has the libs/socialists running scared. And your sycophantic MSP can't get enough negativity in their stories about what's happening.

And your crowd wrings their hands, nervous about your messiah's "changes" not getting implemented quickly enough...not being allowed to turn this once great nation into another european-styled socialist state... before his minions get voted out of office.

NONE of you understand! It's about WAY MORE than taxes...IT'S ABOUT LIBERTY! IT'S ABOUT FREEDOM! IT'S ABOUT AN AMERICAN LIFESTYLE! IT'S ABOUT RUGGED INDIVIDUALISM AND RESPONSIBILITY! IT'S ABOUT WHAT THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON!

And finally, rest assured I was fighting for this USA when you were in filled diapers, so you can drop the sanctimonious drivel about your genealogy.

UB

I don't know why I keep looking. I suppose there's some perverse amusement from reading your rantings?

For a colo-rectal surgeon, dealing with you is kind of like a busman's vacation.

Have a great weekend.