PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for this candidate?

Gerry Clinchy
04-22-2010, 07:36 AM
This is a real candidate in a local Republican primary:

New to politics
NOT an "insider"
NOT beholden to any political "machine".
Promises to limit himself to 3 terms

road kill
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
This is a real candidate in a local Republican primary:

New to politics
NOT an "insider"
NOT beholden to any political "machine".
Promises to limit himself to 3 terms

Although based on the last National election, that is more info than most voters for President had, for me that is not enough.:D

rk

huntinman
04-22-2010, 07:44 AM
how will he raise enough money to get his message out?

Gerry Clinchy
04-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Although based on the last National election, that is more info than most voters for President had, for me that is not enough.:D rk

These were facts mentioned in a polling call I got last night. The question was would these facts be favorable or unfavorable in considering a vote for this candidate. I'm sure the poll was being "sponsored" by this candidate's opposition.

Glad you mentioned that those facts were "not enough". The next group of facts that were presented for a favorable or unfavorable evaluation:
He's 23 years old
He's unemployed
He lives with his mother
He's never paid property taxes

Smart guy! When there is high unemployment, try to get a govt job! After 3 terms he should be able to peddle his political career into a nice private-sector paycheck as a lobbyist :-)

Have no clue how he's raising money for a campaign. I'm going to watch closely as the primary campaign progresses to see if he seems to have some $ to go up against the incumbent.

dnf777
04-22-2010, 08:13 AM
I don't buy the "I'm not an insider" routine. Heard it too many times from both sides of the aisle. The second someone looks like they have a shot at winning, they start receiving calls and donations, rendering them an "insider" before they even get inside!

BonMallari
04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
3 terms as a US senator = 18 yrs

3 terms as a US Congressman = 6yrs

3 terms as a Governor =12 yrs

pretty darn bold thinking that he could be a three time incumbent, three terms is one term too many for any politician....two many Senators that get a stranglehold on a seat and they outlive Presidential administrations,some more than one...TERM LIMITS

ducknwork
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
It would depend very much on his education and experience level and stance on issues that are important to me. I can't make a decision either way based on the info given.

Gerry Clinchy
04-22-2010, 09:59 PM
It would depend very much on his education and experience level and stance on issues that are important to me. I can't make a decision either way based on the info given.

Judging on my own life experience at age 23 ... I didn't know squat ... 4 years of college notwithstanding.

ducknwork
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I would still have to judge on a case by case basis. Not all 23 year olds are created equal. There are plenty of 30 something year olds that are complete idiots. Age don't mean squat!

JDogger
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Why not? We all seem to want to dump the Status Quo. :p

Maybe preferable to someone running on a third generation name.

JD

captainjack
04-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I would still have to judge on a case by case basis. Not all 23 year olds are created equal. There are plenty of 30 something year olds that are complete idiots. Age don't mean squat!

Plenty of folks with advanced degrees that are complete idiots as well.

ducknwork
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
My point exactly. Now what was yours?