PDA

View Full Version : More Rush

subroc
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
By RUSH LIMBAUGH
The latest liberal meme is to equate skepticism of the Obama administration with a tendency toward violence. That takes me back 15 years ago to the time President Bill Clinton accused "loud and angry voices" on the airwaves (i.e., radio talk-show hosts like me) of having incited Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. What self-serving nonsense. Liberals are perfectly comfortable with antigovernment protest when they're not in power.

From the halls of the Ivy League to the halls of Congress, from the antiwar protests during the Vietnam War and the war in Iraq to the anticapitalist protests during International Monetary Fund and World Bank meetings, we're used to seeing leftist malcontents take to the streets. Sometimes they're violent, breaking shop windows with bricks and throwing rocks at police. Sometimes there are arrests. Not all leftists are violent, of course. But most are angry. It's in their DNA. They view the culture as corrupt and capitalism as unjust.

Now the liberals run the government and they're using their power to implement their radical agenda. Mr. Obama and his party believe that the election of November 2008 entitled them to make permanent, "transformational" changes to our society. In just 16 months they've added more than $2 trillion to the national debt, essentially nationalized the health-care system, the student-loan industry, and have their sights set on draconian cap-and-trade regulations on carbon emissions and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Had President Obama campaigned on this agenda, he wouldn't have garnered 30% of the popular vote.

Like the millions of citizens who've peacefully risen up and attended thousands of rallies in protest, I seek nothing more than the preservation of the social contract that undergirds our society. I do not hate the government, as the left does when it is not running it. I love this country. And because I do, I insist that the temporary inhabitants of high political office comply with the Constitution, honor our God-given unalienable rights, and respect our hard-earned private property. For this I am called seditious, among other things, by some of the very people who've condemned this society?

I reject the notion that America is in a well-deserved decline, that she and her citizens are unexceptional. I do not believe America is the problem in the world. I believe America is the solution to the world's problems. I reject a foreign policy that treats our allies like our enemies and our enemies like our allies. I condemn the president traveling the world apologizing for America's great contributions to mankind. And I condemn his soft-peddling the dangers we face from terrorism. For this I am inciting violence?

Few presidents have sunk so low as Mr. Clinton did with his accusations about Oklahoma City. Last week—on the very day I was contributing to and raising more than $3 million to fight leukemia and lymphoma on my radio program—Mr. Clinton used the 15th anniversary of that horrific day to regurgitate his claims about talk radio.

At a speech delivered last Friday at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C., the former president said: [T]here were a lot of people who were in the business back then of saying that the biggest threat to our liberty and the cause of our domestic economic problem was the federal government itself. And we have to realize that there were others who fueled this both because they agreed with it and because it was in their advantage to do so. . . . We didn't have blog sites back then so the instrument of carrying this forward was basically the right-wing radio talk show hosts and they understand clearly that emotion was more powerful than reason most of the time."

Timothy McVeigh was incensed by the Clinton administration's 1993 siege on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. It's no coincidence that the bombing took place two years to the day of the Waco siege. McVeigh was not inspired by anything I said or believe and to say otherwise is outright slander. In the aftermath of the bombing, I raised millions of dollars for the children of federal employees killed in that cowardly attack through my association with the Marine Corp Law Enforcement Foundation.

Let me just say it. The Obama/Clinton/media left are comfortable with the unrest in our society today. It allows them to blame and demonize their opponents (doctors, insurance companies, Wall Street, talk radio, Fox News) in order to portray their regime as the great healer of all our ills, thus expanding their power and control over our society.

A clear majority of the American people want no part of this. They instinctively know that the Obama way is not how things get done in this country. They are motivated by love. Not hate, not sedition. They love their country and want to save it from those who do not.

Mr. Limbaugh is a nationally syndicated radio talk-show host.

huntinman
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Right on, right on, right on...

M&K's Retrievers
04-23-2010, 08:56 AM
OK. Let's hear it. What's wrong with this?

Uncle Bill
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Quite basically, that's telling it like it is!

UB

Blackstone
04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
I thought he was moving to Costa Rica if health care reformed passed. I know he clarified what he meant, but for a little while, I had hope. :D

cotts135
04-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Hilarious he would take the victim role in this.

Can someone give this guy a Prozac please..................................

menmon
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Still taking advice from a drug addict I see. The sad thing is that he really believes his on crap.

subroc
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
riots in Arizona by left wing radicals protesting the recently passed imigration law. very precient of Rush. he knows his left wing radical (main stream democrats and the MSM) phonies.

cotts135
04-27-2010, 06:06 AM
riots in Arizona by left wing radicals protesting the recently passed imigration law. very precient of Rush. he knows his left wing radical (main stream democrats and the MSM) phonies.

But conveniently ignores the same types on the right. RiotsI must have missed that part of the coverage. Damn liberal media.

Matt McKenzie
04-27-2010, 06:32 AM
As always, the haters have nothing of substance to say, so they resort to personal attacks. Just once it would be great if one of you would take his points and provide counterpoints. But of course you are incapable of explaining how your viewpoint differs from his, how you arrived at your conclusions and why you feel your position is stronger. So you do what you do, which should embarrass you, but doesn't.

david gibson
04-27-2010, 08:24 AM
come matt, you know us right-wingers have been causing all sorts of riots. we are just terrible, i tell you. why, Mr. Breitbart cant give away $100,000 if anyone that can prove right wingers did so much as utter the "n" word.

i find Clintons remarks so ironic considering his actions at Waco are what caused the anti-government sentiment that ended with the OKC bombing. Rush is dead on to point that out, like him or not. for clinton to try to pin that sort of behavior on the right when he was the leading cause of it is just laughable. or maybe he is just doling out advice based on experience???

depittydawg
04-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow. Are people still listening to this buffoon? That's a scarry thought in itself.

road kill
04-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow. Are people still listening to this buffoon? That's a scarry thought in itself.

More name calling, how eloquent!:D

rk

depittydawg
04-27-2010, 01:03 PM

rk

If that's what you consider namecalling then I guess so. Seems like a pretty lofty standard to me. If it offends you, sorry. I'll try and do better. I'd point out however, that I have been called much worse around here. The latest seems to be a reference that I work for IHOP and am in hiding from a supervisor... Funny, but it does cross the line of namecalling a little more significantly than calling Rush Limbaugh a buffoon.

subroc
04-27-2010, 07:50 PM

That's all you got? That's it?

I read the article. valid points all...

BonMallari
04-27-2010, 08:10 PM
If that's what you consider namecalling then I guess so. Seems like a pretty lofty standard to me. If it offends you, sorry. I'll try and do better. I'd point out however, that I have been called much worse around here. The latest seems to be a reference that I work for IHOP and am in hiding from a supervisor... Funny, but it does cross the line of namecalling a little more significantly than calling Rush Limbaugh a buffoon.

someone must not be quoting posts correctly, that is in reference to another self proclaimed financial expert on here given to him by a fellow RTF'er...I dont think it was aimed at you..ck the thread again I think you will see they are off sequence...the other remarks about you were probably well intended by the poster...;)

Koolaid
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM

You also seem to lean left, so you may as well just expect some "insults" from Uncle Bill. That and ctrlv/ctrlc threads.

Buzz
04-27-2010, 09:03 PM

You are confusing yourself and Sambo.

huntinman
04-27-2010, 09:34 PM

I think they are one and the same...just can't remember which name he posted under...but he is a mason and very tolerant

JDogger
04-27-2010, 10:00 PM

rk

Stan, while I agree with your plee that we shoud respond to the posters here more politely, and nothing is to be gained by insulting one another, I feel that calling out public figures, whether they be Rush, Hannity, Beck, et al, or Maddow, Olberman, or whoever, is fair game. They exist in the public domain, and as such are open to public criticism.

JD

JDogger
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I think they are one and the same...just can't remember which name he posted under...but he is a mason and very tolerant

Tolerance, be it Mason, Tea-partyer, Conservative, Liberal, Democrat or Republican, Black dog owner, or Fluffie lover, is not practiced here. Get used to it. :rolleyes:

JD

huntinman
04-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Tolerance, be it Mason, Tea-partyer, Conservative, Liberal, Democrat or Republican, Black dog owner, or Fluffie lover, is not practiced here. Get used to it. :rolleyes:

JD

You missed it too. I am digging sambo who gave us a long post about his masonic beliefs which include tolerance for others. You need to do more reading and less typing:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
.... I'd point out however, that I have been called much worse around here. The latest seems to be a reference that I work for IHOP and am in hiding from a supervisor... QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BonMallari;606283]someone must not be quoting posts correctly, that is in reference to another self proclaimed financial expert on here given to him by a fellow RTF'er...I dont think it was aimed at you..ck the thread again I think you will see they are off sequence...the other remarks about you were probably well intended by the poster...;)

This is funny. You can't keep your thoughts straight when you are looking over your shoulder.:p:p