View Full Version : Tidewater RC Q

Sabireley
04-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Any results from the Tidewater Q?

Brad Slaybaugh
04-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi Steve,

Results are on entry express.

Thanks to all the judges, they were great test.

Thanks to all the memebers who helped out, we couldn't have gotten it done without you.

and thanks the all the handlers and dogs, we appreciate your support and hope you had a good weekend.

Tidewater's first O/H Q was a great time. The judges set up some challenging test for the dogs and we had some good dog work getting to the winner. We plan to make an O/H Qualifier an annual part of our spring test so put it on your calendars.

Congrats to all the winners and qualifiers, hope to see you in the fall.

Thanks
Brad

Gerry Clinchy
04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
One of those swamp collies won it :-)

Judy Chute
04-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Gerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(......is that all you have to say? ....like who would that be? :)

Judy

Bait
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Gerry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(......is that all you have to say? ....like who would that be? :)

JudyMaybe Jim Drager with Trooper? :)

Judy Chute
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Congratulations...Neversink's Road To Belvedere **..*!.."Trooper"....and, Jim Drager as well!!! :)

......and a Master Pass as well! Congratulations, Again!!

Judy

Bait
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Congratulations...Neversink's Road To Belvedere ** .."Trooper"....and, Jim Drager as well!!! :)

......and a Master Pass as well! Congratulations, Again!!

JudyJust went from ** to *** :)
One question though......Was he wearing "the kilt"? ;)

weebegoldens
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Just went from ** to *** :)
One question though......Was he wearing "the kilt"? ;)

The real questions is we still never had a KILT check lol

Bait
04-26-2010, 02:25 PM
The real questions is we still never had a KILT check lolHow do you know it wasn't done behind closed doors?
And, who's volunteering to; #1 wear the kilt, and #2 do the kilt check, this year? :)

Gerry Clinchy
04-26-2010, 02:56 PM
One question though......Was he wearing "the kilt"? :wink:

My understanding is that he only wears the kilt if people show their money first :-)

Jim was almost speechless when he called home to Michelle. Haven't got all the details, but he was real pleased with Trooper's work all weekend.

There's a baby "Troop-let" in Michigan who would like to follow in his dad's pawprints.

It was a great weekend for our dog family with blue ribbons in field, obedience and agility ... but touched by a sad counterpoint ... Rosie ended her journey on Saturday as Trooper began the new chapter in his life.

Becky Mills
04-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Way To Go Trooper And Jim!!!!

Gerry Clinchy
04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey, Bait ... since Jim says he's probably not going to Colorado this year for the NS, will you wear the kilt?

Bait
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey, Bait ... since Jim says he's probably not going to Colorado this year for the NS, will you wear the kilt?Show me the money! :)
And ask Jim about the Larry the Cable Guy boxer shorts, in MO. And, something about some money on that trip too. ($5 bills, I think. ;) )
It's all for a good cause though.

Diane Brunelle
04-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!!! Way to go Trooper and Jim! Congrats!!!!!
Diane

Judy Chute
04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
My understanding is that he only wears the kilt if people show their money first :-)

Jim was almost speechless when he called home to Michelle. Haven't got all the details, but he was real pleased with Trooper's work all weekend.

There's a baby "Troop-let" in Michigan who would like to follow in his dad's pawprints.

It was a great weekend for our dog family with blue ribbons in field, obedience and agility ... but touched by a sad counterpoint ... Rosie ended her journey on Saturday as Trooper began the new chapter in his life.

Gerry,

Congratulations on all your dog family success this last weekend! :)

Our Condolences for your loss of "Rosie"... very, very sorry.

MACH Pine Run's Kiowa Wild Rose JH, ADHF, OD,NJP (11/21/1996-4/24/2010)

Best,

Judy and Bob

goldngirl
04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
YEA! YEA! Bait should wear the kilt this year at the GRCA Natl Specialty!

Dixie and I missed the "Kilt Dare" two years ago!

goldngirl
04-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Way to go Trooper!

Great to hear of your success!

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Now Hold on thar Babba-Loiu!

I just may be in Colorado this year (I would call it a probable). However, I challenge John Baitinger to wear the Kilt. He is after all much more Scotch-Irish looking then I am!

As to the Larry the Cable Guy Boxers, I just hope that those pics do not show up. It would keep us both out of politics!

Jim

Ps..thank you to all for the congrats! They are truly appreciated.
Ps 2. Thank you to Linda, Jim and all at Tidewater for an absolutely delightful, well run, well staffed Q/HT. One of the best events I have seen in a long time! I was glad to be there and meet some new friends. The judges for the Q and MH set up challenging, yet doable and fun tests, which were judged sensibly. Nice to run something and there is no controversy, just enjoyable set ups. Poopy Butt sure liked'm!

tucquantillman
04-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Jim,
Way to go Man! that dog of yours is a special boy. He has always been one of my favorite dogs to be around mostly because it usually meant we were together. I miss you and give trooper a pat on the head and tell him I am proud of him. Montana is better then being a Proffessional Dog Trainer........by alot! when will you come to see me?

Jeff

Scott Bass
04-27-2010, 09:13 AM
This was my first run in with Jim and Trooper, it sure was a pleasure.
I don't know anything about this Kilt thing, but I could see Jim wearing one.

Good to make new friends.

Scott

Miriam Wade
04-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Congratulations Jim!!!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

As for the kilt-looks like it's time to order another one so you and Bait can wear matching attire. I'd go to Colorado to be in the gallery for that one! ;-)

M

Bait
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM

As for the kilt-looks like it's time to order another one so you and Bait can wear matching attire. I'd go to Colorado to be in the gallery for that one! ;-)

MGallery? Might as well bring your dog and run him too. ;)

dennismc115
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Jim,

I hear the showers in Colorado are pretty cold, particularly in the women's shower.

Dennis

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Jim,

I hear the showers in Colorado are pretty cold, particularly in the women's shower.

Dennis

Dennis, you old dog you!

Jim

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 05:57 PM

M

Thanks Miriam!!! Hope you are doing great. Perhaps we can all watch Mr Bait carry the torch and his family colors!

Jim

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!!! Way to go Trooper and Jim! Congrats!!!!!
Diane

Thanks Diane!!!!

Jim

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Way To Go Trooper And Jim!!!!

Thanks Becky!!!

Jim

MKaty Gutermuth
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I have to say congratulations to all who placed in the Tidewater Q. It was a wonderful event, the folks there have their acts together and just made it a great event! Thank you for having me as a judge

Bait
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks Miriam!!! Hope you are doing great. Perhaps we can all watch Mr Bait carry the torch and his family colors!

JimI can honestly say I haven't got an ounce of Scottish blood. I'm about as German/American as you can get. But, I will be happy to wear the kilt, (or the Cable Guy boxers) (again) for the same reason as you did in Conn. Donations to the Zeke fund. Just bring the tequila, and your fellow instigators, Sammie and Dennis, along w/checkbooks, to the "unofficial handlers meeting"and we'll git-er-dun! ;) (OK Goldngirl, ya happy now? It's ON!) :)
Oh, and Dennis, I must've missed the shower story. Fill me in dude!
BAIT

dennismc115
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Bait,

If I was to tell the story, the reliving of it might get my Scottish blood boiling and require action that Jim would not find pleasant. I'll say no more.

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
This was my first run in with Jim and Trooper, it sure was a pleasure.
I don't know anything about this Kilt thing, but I could see Jim wearing one.

Good to make new friends.

Scott

Scott...I sure had a good time meeting you. You are a good sport! Now you know what I mean by when I say that I may have been one of the few Non lab folks there, but you were still out numbered!

Hope to see you soon. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Jim

Ps...You have a pretty nice dog there dude!

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 08:07 PM
I have to say congratulations to all who placed in the Tidewater Q. It was a wonderful event, the folks there have their acts together and just made it a great event! Thank you for having me as a judge

Katy, I meant what I said, and regardless of having a successful trial, You and your co judge did a great job...nice tests, well judged, sensible call backs, good demeanor. Your dad would be proud of the job you did.

Jim

Jim Drager
04-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I can honestly say I haven't got an ounce of Scottish blood. I'm about as German/American as you can get. But, I will be happy to wear the kilt, (or the Cable Guy boxers) (again) for the same reason as you did in Conn. Donations to the Zeke fund. Just bring the tequila, and your fellow instigators, Sammie and Dennis, along w/checkbooks, to the "unofficial handlers meeting"and we'll git-er-dun! ;) (OK Goldngirl, ya happy now? It's ON!) :)
Oh, and Dennis, I must've missed the shower story. Fill me in dude!
BAIT

Bait, I do not think you have the bejubbies to wear the Larry the Cable Guy Boxers (nothing else) as you run the Open. But count me in!!

Jim

Brad Slaybaugh
04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi Jim and Katy,

As much as it hurts to say, Trooper did WIN it, when we were shooting the flyer in the last series, after the last dog, we were talking about who won, and I said I thought the swamp collie had won it (yes, it hurt to say). Then when the numbers came out, sure enough he was at the top. He was fun to watch in both the master and the Q and ran great all weekend. Congratulations, I know that was a big step up for the both of you and couldn't be happier that it happened at TRC's first O/H Q. This was a test run for the Q to see how it would go, now we plan to make it an annual event with the spring test. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to see you again.

Katy, Jim is right, the judging was great, well thought out test, generous call backs to let the dogs play and the best dogs were left standing. Thanks again for coming down and judging, I hope you'll do it again in the future.

Congrats to all the placements and qualifiers in the test, we appreciate your support.

See ya in the fall. Double Master, Junior and Senior - October 1st 2nd and 3rd in Emporia.

Brad

Scott Bass
04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Scott...I sure had a good time meeting you. You are a good sport! Now you know what I mean by when I say that I may have been one of the few Non lab folks there, but you were still out numbered!

Hope to see you soon. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Jim

Ps...You have a pretty nice dog there dude!

Jim,

You golden people sure do stick together like super glue. Remember I own a gloden as well, she just won't swim.

I do hope to see you again soon at a trial or h/t. For some reason I like all the harassment that you dished out. It was a fun weekend for sure.

Scott

Jim Drager
04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=Dukdawg;606291]Hi Jim and Katy,

I thought the swamp collie had won it (yes, it hurt to say).

I would prefer the term "Throw Rug" as in when you have a good one they sure can throw it down!

Congratulations, I know that was a big step up for the both of you and couldn't be happier that it happened at TRC's first O/H Q.

Actually, Trooper has finished 2 other Q's with back to back 4th places, and also made it through 3 series of the Open at the GRCA Specialty back in 08. So, he's had some success before a few times.

He was hurt (Groin tear) for most of the summer/fall trial season last year, and was out of training and running till very late in fall. Being on a limited training schedule, it took me this long to get him back. So I wanted to use the Q/MH to get the line time with him after being laid off for nearly a year.

However, getting a win is never expected and never taken for granted. I sure appreciate the awesome 3 day event that TRC put on!! Have not had so much fun since Bait Bibs were created!

Jim

Bait
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah man, nothing like coming back strong after a big injury layoff. I was wondering how Trooper would be after that. Looks like OK, huh?
Gotta say, we went down and ran at Tidewater last year and also found it to be a well run trial. Even tried to help out, but no one needed any help, they had it covered. My dog didn't even do so well, but had a great time. Good people down there.