PDA

View Full Version : Crist goes Independent

BonMallari
04-30-2010, 01:23 AM
OK independent guys (Franco and dnf777) especially...you got yourself a long time RINO who was getting clobbered by a more conservative Marco Rubio..so do you back the independent because he is an Ind.. or do you choose sides...how about you Florida residents ? or is Crist just another career politician that would run no matter what party will back him

Uncle Bill
04-30-2010, 08:07 AM
OK independent guys (Franco and dnf777) especially...you got yourself a long time RINO who was getting clobbered by a more conservative Marco Rubio..so do you back the independent because he is an Ind.. or do you choose sides...how about you Florida residents ? or is Crist just another career politician that would run no matter what party will back him

He's toast! The Republicans are already on his case, and want their $$$$ returned.

This guy got in bed with Obama on the stimulus money, so I doubt he would qualify as an independant even. He's just a governmental hack, like the geezer in Pennsylvania.

UB

road kill
04-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Crist is a left wing liberal progressive.
The Independents on this site will love him!!!

rk

badbullgator
04-30-2010, 12:52 PM
crist is probably done here. he has ZERO republican support, but the media loves him. his ind run is his last hope to keep a job....the only kind of job he knows. he is try to now sell himself as being Bi ....of course rumors have always been aroung that he is gay...oh I meant biparticin ... he has sided with the dems far too much recently and just a couple of weeks ago caved into union pressure to veto a bill that would have made teachers pay merit based rather than tenure. I can understand that I mean why earn a raise by doing the job you are paid for...I think he gets a blip in the polls for this before his shine dulls again. Rubio is, I think, the real deal and should run away with it in November

Roger Perry
04-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Poll: Crist would narrowly win as an independent

Associated Press photos
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/15/41939_meek-crist-rubio.jpg
A Quinnipiac University poll out April 15, 2010, says Gov. Charlie Crist, center, would win if the race for Florida's open senate seat were a three-way race with U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek, left, and former Florida House speaker Marco Rubio, right. As things stand, Crist is struggling in the polls facing Rubio in the Republican primary.

huntinman
04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Poll: Crist would narrowly win as an independent

Associated Press photos
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/15/41939_meek-crist-rubio.jpg
A Quinnipiac University poll out April 15, 2010, says Gov. Charlie Crist, center, would win if the race for Florida's open senate seat were a three-way race with U.S. Rep. Kendrick Meek, left, and former Florida House speaker Marco Rubio, right. As things stand, Crist is struggling in the polls facing Rubio in the Republican primary.

New poll out in the last day or so suggests otherwise.

The TPM Poll Average for the Republican primary gives Marco Rubio a lead of 59.1%-27.9% over Crist, the opposite of where things were a year ago. Meanwhile, the poll average for a three-way general election only gives Rubio a narrow lead with 33.8% of the vote, followed by an independent Crist at 27.8%, and Democratic Rep. Kendrick Meek with 22.5%

dnf777
04-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, if he's smart, while he can still sign legislation, he would sign a law similar to Arizona. Then he could catch the African and the Hispanic at the spa without their papers, and have then deported! Easy win. :D

Really though, there's many cookies to crumble before we see how this is going to play out. It shouldn't be forgotten that Crist was a VERY popular figure very recently, amongst not just republicans. If it appears that the dem has no chance, it will be interesting to see how his votes get dispersed. I have a gut feeling most would fall into Crist's camp. We'll have to wait and see.

Thomas D
05-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Don't know if there is a good candidate. Crist let a lot of Republicans down by changing parties. Who knows what Rubio would bring? he will certainly get the south florida hispanic vote. A soft stance on immigration for sure. Political life-all his life too. There was that long 4 years between grad from law school and entering government service. Maybe he was waxing his back on the parties credit card!

dnf777
05-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Has anyone seen Marco Rubio's actual, genuine, original birth certificate?
By tea-party standards, shouldn't he have to first show that he is a citizen of the United States before seeking office? That he is here legally? :rolleyes:

subroc
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
is he running for president?

road kill
05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Has anyone seen Marco Rubio's actual, genuine, original birth certificate?
By tea-party standards, shouldn't he have to first show that he is a citizen of the United States before seeking office? That he is here legally? :rolleyes:

Excellent idea, OUTSTANDING idea, why don't we start right at the top!!??!!??:D

rk

Thomas D
05-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Parents came over from Cuba, I believe.

depittydawg
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM

Looks like another Joe .......... Leiberman that is. Don't ever trust an entrenched politician who switches sides for his own political survival. He just showed his true colors. He stands first and foremost for HIMSELF!

Thomas D
05-03-2010, 10:05 PM
.......and how many don't?

Don't ever trust an entrenched politician of any kind.

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
In my book Rubio is FAR better than Crist. That is not to say he is the best thing to ever come along, but Crist is BAD and he is doing what he can to stay alive at the only thing he knows. He cares about one thing and one thing only...himself. Look at him, from the time he gets up till the time he goes to sleep he has one thing on his mind....what is best for ME?!?!
Pick the best and trust none. Wait a month and and Rubio will be far ahead in the polls.

Thomas D
05-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Politicians will say ANYTHING to get elected. I guess we won't know the real Rubio until after he is elected.

Franco
05-04-2010, 08:13 PM

I really don't know much about Florida politics. As an Independent, I wouldn't feel obligated to vote along party lines as much as I would vote for the person who's goals are more to my liking.

badbullgator
05-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I really don't know much about Florida politics. As an Independent, I wouldn't feel obligated to vote along party lines as much as I would vote for the person who's goals are more to my liking.

As an independant Crist can be who he really is....someone who votes based on what he thinks is best for him and his staying in office. Last night I saw an ad for him put out by the teachers union thanking him for vetoing a bill that would have mandated merit raises rather than just getting a raise for "teaching" another year. The bill was passed by both the house and senate my a large majority but because the teachers union was able to put up such a fuss Crist caved in, but hey Florida ranks in the high 40's as worst schools in the country and why pay teachers for how well they actually teach when you can just give them a raise for showing up for another year.
For you teachers on here that is not a knock against teachers in general but more against our states entire education system that rewards failure from the top down

Thomas D
05-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Rubio will solve all of our problems right after he opens up the immigration gates and gets his hair cut and back waxed for $130. Oh, and on the government credit card. But he quickly paid it back after it all hit the press.

badbullgator
05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Rubio will solve all of our problems right after he opens up the immigration gates and gets his hair cut and back waxed for $130. Oh, and on the government credit card. But he quickly paid it back after it all hit the press.

At least he paid it back ;-)

Thomas D
05-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I will probably vote Rubio too, but I don't think he's all he appears to be (just like all of them). Doesn't take long to be corrupted by the political machines. Especially when you are that young and they can dangle bigger national office in front of you.

badbullgator
05-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I will probably vote Rubio too, but I don't think he's all he appears to be (just like all of them). Doesn't take long to be corrupted by the political machines. Especially when you are that young and they can dangle bigger national office in front of you.

I will not argue that.....I voted for Crist too and look how he turned out. My feeling is that while he might fall into the political machine at least he will be on the side I expect him too and not flipping like Crist

Thomas D
05-06-2010, 04:05 PM
...but we never really know what they will do. Guess we will pay for a lot of "back waxing" when he's in office. Hookers, boyfriends, back waxing, it's just politics.

Hew
05-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm voting for Virgil Runnels, Jr. A great Floridian who will set things right in Washington.

badbullgator
05-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Let me tell you Dusty is on my "people I would most like to sit down and dirk a few beers with" List.......American Dream Baby....let me tell you something Gorden Soley.....

Hew
05-06-2010, 05:37 PM
That would be fun. A proverbial friend-of-a-friend told me that he's a super-nice guy. Championship Wrestling from Florida was the best. Jack and Jerry Brisco, Wahoo McDaniel, Pak Song, Dory Funk, Jr.,...ah, the good ol days.

badbullgator
05-06-2010, 07:11 PM
That would be fun. A proverbial friend-of-a-friend told me that he's a super-nice guy. Championship Wrestling from Florida was the best. Jack and Jerry Brisco, Wahoo McDaniel, Pak Song, Dory Funk, Jr.,...ah, the good ol days.

I met him once whenI was a kid along wiht the Funks and Chief Whaoo....my friends father was a promoter for CWF. All were super nice to us

Thomas D
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
The Briscoe Bros went on to have a body shop in west Tampa. Crazy guys.

I personally like Brutus the Barber. Paid him tons when he was hurt in a para sailing accident in North Tampa. Sat in on the deposition of the Hulkster and other who were witnesses but "not drinking" that day.