PDA

View Full Version : Third time the charm

starjack
05-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Count them three terroist attack on the obama watch all thou two failed they still tryed . But napalitono say the system work . I KNOW BLAME BUSH.

BonMallari
05-02-2010, 04:48 PM
What scares me is that these crazies are trying other ways to inflict harm on the US, this should open people's eyes that there are other potential weapons besides airplanes...Dont know who is responsible,at this point in the investigation it really doesnt matter...BUT it makes me think , do you really want to close Gitmo Now ?

subroc
05-02-2010, 04:52 PM
...do you really want to close Gitmo Now ?

gitmo must be why we are being targeted.

Matt McKenzie
05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm certainly no Obama fan, but I will say that the bad guys were trying to hurt us on Bush's watch and they are trying on Obama's watch. Fortunately, there are good folks in various agencies that are working hard to stop them, from Homeland Security to the military to the FBI and various intelligence agencies to local law enforcement. I think the last few events have proven how many different organizations are involved in national security in today's environment.
The sad truth of the matter is that eventually, something is going to get through. If it happen's on Obama's watch, I won't blame it on him unless it can be directly attributed to his policies.
What we can credit (or blame) the Bush administration for is putting in place many (but by no means all) of the measures and policies that have worked to thwart all of the attempted terrorist attacks on U.S. soil since 9/11

starjack
05-02-2010, 07:13 PM
jUST READ Pakistain taliban took credit . They aretumbing there nose at this admin because they can. IT is time to see what the the bush admin did to to keep us safe and quit thinking they know best. That is called bipartishizm. That being said i slept alot better with BUSH admin than i do with tHEM THINGS WE HAVE UP THERE NOW. This is no baseball game out here with three strike your out this is real life and real people. SO WAKE UP OBOMA JANET AND WHO EVER ELSE THE SYSTEM IS BROKE FIX IT!!!!! I KNOW BLAME BUSH

dnf777
05-02-2010, 07:20 PM

I wasn't aware that the Pentagon shooter and the right-wing nut who flew a plane into the building had links to Gitmo? Or don't you count those domestic terrorists?

I agree with Hookset's post. While I think Bush had lapses in his homeland security, I don't blame him for the terrorist attacks of 9-11, any more than we can hold Obama responsible for these nuts.

I heard via BBC that an al qaeda group claimed responsibility for the NYC dud.
Who knows if this is valid? I would put more stock in rumors that the drilling rig was targeted. Think of the benefits to those groups that this could potentially create. One, it refocuses national resources away from security in other areas. Two, that well alone, as well as the others that won't be drilled now, will force us to continue to bank-roll the Saudis with oil purchases. I haven't heard that anywhere, but it kind of makes sense. What type of security and checks to those wells have on their workers? I have no idea.

subroc
05-02-2010, 07:39 PM
...do you really want to close Gitmo Now ?

subroc wrote:

I wasn't aware that the Pentagon shooter and the right-wing nut who flew a plane into the building had links to Gitmo...

No, but it is being reported that it is Pakistani Taliban who are responsible.

starjack
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
DNF777 The right wing nut was a lefty if you would look. But this last thing is has to open your eyes BUT I KNOW BLAME BUSH

dnf777
05-02-2010, 07:52 PM
DNF777 The right wing nut was a lefty if you would look. But this last thing is has to open your eyes BUT I KNOW BLAME BUSH

Did I blame Bush? Let me cut and paste my comment, and lets read it again, s l o w l y:

While I think Bush had lapses in his homeland security, I don't blame him for the terrorist attacks of 9-11

Gee, if that sounds like I blamed him, one of us no speakie eenglish very good!

That "blame Bush" rhetoric has now surpassed actually blaming Bush nowadays.

starjack
05-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry the thread started I KNOW BLAME BUSH AND AS IM CONCERNERD IT WILL END But tonght instead of my guns placed around my house I WILL BE ALOT CLOSER THANKS TO THEM THINGS IN THE WHITE HOUSE NOW . PS I KNOW BLAME BUSH

BonMallari
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I wasn't aware that the Pentagon shooter and the right-wing nut who flew a plane into the building had links to Gitmo? Or don't you count those domestic terrorists?

I agree with Hookset's post. While I think Bush had lapses in his homeland security, I don't blame him for the terrorist attacks of 9-11, any more than we can hold Obama responsible for these nuts.

I heard via BBC that an al qaeda group claimed responsibility for the NYC dud.
Who knows if this is valid? I would put more stock in rumors that the drilling rig was targeted. Think of the benefits to those groups that this could potentially create. One, it refocuses national resources away from security in other areas. Two, that well alone, as well as the others that won't be drilled now, will force us to continue to bank-roll the Saudis with oil purchases. I haven't heard that anywhere, but it kind of makes sense. What type of security and checks to those wells have on their workers? I have no idea.

so by that way of thinking then do we hold the FDR administration responsible for Pearl Harbor, or the Clinton administration for the attack on the WTC :confused: or were they lapses by the intelligence sector FBI, CIA, etc..

zeus3925
05-02-2010, 09:56 PM
I KNOW BLAME BUSH

Starjack, I have a bit of a time understanding your above phrase as it is in non standard English. Could you explain what you mean?

dnf777
05-02-2010, 11:00 PM
so by that way of thinking then do we hold the FDR administration responsible for Pearl Harbor, or the Clinton administration for the attack on the WTC :confused: or were they lapses by the intelligence sector FBI, CIA, etc..

Let's try this a third time:

While I think Bush had lapses in his homeland security, I don't blame him for the terrorist attacks of 9-11

We must be in the Bermuda Triangle of communication????

BonMallari
05-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Let's try this a third time:

We must be in the Bermuda Triangle of communication????

Dont YELL, I heard you the first time, I was just trying to show that each administration has had a crisis during their time in office...how they handle them and adjust afterwards determines how we view them

FDR's defense dept., the Navy, and the FBI all ignored the signs precluding the attack by the Japanese..Dont even get me started about the internment of the Americans of Japanese descent at Manzanar

JFK and the Bay of Pigs

Nixon and the fall of Viet Nam

Clinton had the Reno debacle of mishandling Waco before and after

Its debatable as to how you view the GWB admin handling of the events of 9/11 before and after...its also not debatable that the GWB admin botched the Katrina natural disaster...

the blame game comes with the territory of holding the office of the Presidency

subroc
05-03-2010, 12:11 AM
...its also not debatable that the GWB admin botched the Katrina natural disaster...

I am willing to debate this...

They botched the reporting of the event, not the response.

KEITH L
05-03-2010, 08:20 AM
well in most of our opinions we want to blame someone else for our current problems,
reality is that most of the threats or disasters of recent, are a possible new reallity of
future crisis. there is no way a country of our size and freedoms can guard against all
probabillities. these terror attacks were not dreamed up over night they are over years
of carefull planning. it don't matter what administration it happened during or not. it
happened but learn and defend for our future. i feel for the families of lost servicemen and women do we realiize now what could possibly be happeneing here more often if we had not gone to afgan and iraq. as for disasters like katrina no admin. can react fast enough for any disaster of this size and unfimiliarity. but i do believe you should never build on low ground
anywhere don't people think look at miami just waiting for the next big hurricane.

do you remember the days of 911 your outrage your sickining disgust of the murders of
all those innocent people i do. it then became a war..

keith l
________
New jersey medical marijuana dispensaries (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

Franco
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I am willing to debate this...

They botched the reporting of the event, not the response.

I agree!

The two parties most responsible for the delay in rescue was the mayor back then, Ray Nagim (who moves back to Dallas today) and the Gov. K Blanco.

subroc
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Franco

What was the expectation with something as big as the response needed to the levy breaking? Superman isn't walking through that door. The response is handled by men, woman, volunteers as well as NGOs and government agencies. The time it takes to mobilize that sort of effort isnít small. After the realization of the magnitude of what had occurred and to evacuate a major city in a week, I think that is pretty damn good. Is there some blame to go around because some individuals, offices and agencies didn't live up to their mandate or our expectations of them? Sure. But that blame doesnít equate to fault for the disaster.

obama will not hold back the tide and will not be at fault for the ecological disaster we expect to see in the gulf.

depittydawg
05-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree!

The two parties most responsible for the delay in rescue was the mayor back then, Ray Nagim (who moves back to Dallas today) and the Gov. K Blanco.

I can't buy that one. How is the Mayor of a city supposed to be responsible for Federal Disaster relief? A governor, maybe some. But neither the mayor or the governor has any authority over FEMA resources unless they are allocated that authority from the Feds. And to my knowledge that did not happen.
The feds botched New Orleans badly. Can't dispute that now. Bush had appointed a fund raising crony to head the organization. Turned out he was a piss poor manager. Oops, bad executive decision. The guy was eventually replaced by somebody who was more competent. End of story. The rest is politics.

subroc
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I can't buy that one. How is the Mayor of a city supposed to be responsible for Federal Disaster relief? A governor, maybe some...The rest is politics.

By failing to request it?

agree, the reporting and blame was all politics

Franco
05-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I can't buy that one. How is the Mayor of a city supposed to be responsible for Federal Disaster relief? A governor, maybe some. But neither the mayor or the governor has any authority over FEMA resources unless they are allocated that authority from the Feds. And to my knowledge that did not happen.
The feds botched New Orleans badly. Can't dispute that now. Bush had appointed a fund raising crony to head the organization. Turned out he was a piss poor manager. Oops, bad executive decision. The guy was eventually replaced by somebody who was more competent. End of story. The rest is politics.

Typical outsider response!

First of all, the then Mayor called for a mandatory evacuation of the city 48 hours before the hurricane hit. Yet, he had NO plans for evacuation of the poor , the infirmed and the elderly. Hundreds of city owned school bus sat idle and flooded. Why? Because there weren't any plans of where to take people.

Second, Gov Blanco refused help from the La Nat'l Guard for days and would,'t let the Feds nor FEMA into the state. Under pressure, Gov Blanco just shut down and couldn't think clearly. Why wasn't the La. Nat'l Guard in place before the hurricane hit?

The first news story out of N O after the hurricane hit was that N O dodged the bullit! It wasn't until later on that Monday when we saw the city filling up with water from the levee breaks that anyone knew what the hell was going on.

The U S Coast Guard took the inititive and started rescuing folks on thier own. They didn't wait on Gov Blanco!

FEMA was more ready to handle a terror attack than a storm disaster. This was a first for them and they learned alot from the experience.

We've had levees breached in the past; 1926, 1956 & 1965. Just as much of the city flooded. What made Katina was because of the new 24 hour news and TV coverage. Having watched the coverage, it was a joke. The out-of-town reporters had no idea what the hell they were talking about! Yes, people were stranded but, the city planners were caught unprepared. That's what you get when a person with no history of the city is mayor!

Since you want to place blame on a Federal organization, the real culprit is the U S Army Corp Of Engineers. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

subroc
05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
nice post Booty

depittydawg
05-03-2010, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Franco;609465]Typical outsider response!

FEMA was more ready to handle a terror attack than a storm disaster. This was a first for them and they learned alot from the experience.

Interesting take on history. Not accurate. But it is interesting.
FEMA today. In its first quarter-century of existence, FEMA dealt with a vast array of natural and human disasters, including the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania in 1979, the Cuban refugee crisis in 1980, the San Francisco earthquake in 1989, Hurricane Andrew in 1992, floods in the Midwest and West in 1993, and the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Franco
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
In 2003, FEMA was placed under Homeland Security and refocused to handle dirty bombs and other acts of terrorism since acts like 911 had become the new national threat.

The blame for the late response is clearly that of the State run by then Gov. Blanco. Mayor Nagin flew to Dallas the day before the hurricane and was completely over-whelmend when he returned later that Monday of the flood. Gov Blanco went into shutdown mode and she too was overwhelmed by the flooding.

FEMA was in the city doing what they could on Wednesday. It took Gov Blanco 48 hours to realize that NOPD was overwhelmed and called in the La. Nat'l Guard in much greater numbers.