PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A New Mayor NOLA!

Franco
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/05/live_from_gallier_hall_mitch_l.html

Its been a great last couple of months for the City Of New Olreans!

First, Ricky Jackson will get inducted into the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, which was long overdue since his career numbers are better than Lawerence Taylor's. Plus, unlike LT, Ricky wasn't playing high on cocaine. Second, the Saints beat the favored Colts in the Super Bowl. Can you say, "Two Dat"? Then, HBO's new dramatic series, "Treme" looks into how the citizens of N O dealt with the aftermath of Katrina. And finally, the city gets a new mayor with great potential to lead the city.

Out going mayor Ray Nagin will either go home to Dallas or if indicted, head for Cuba!

M&K's Retrievers
05-03-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/05/live_from_gallier_hall_mitch_l.html

Out going mayor Ray Nagin will either go home to Dallas or if indicted, head for Cuba!

Hey, Franco, please don't send him here to Dallas. We still have a butt load of refugees left over from katrina. We sure don't need him too.

Bayou Magic
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Thank God Nagin is gone. What a disgrace and embarrassment he was! His departure has been a long time coming. Don't put him in prison; the LA tax payers will just have to feed him. Send him home to TEXAS! :)

fp

BonMallari
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
But what happened to his dream of making a "chocolate" city...or was that Willie Wonka..

Someone please divert him from Dallas, I hear they have an incompetent Mayor of their own

Franco
05-03-2010, 02:36 PM
But what happened to his dream of making a "chocolate" city...or was that Willie Wonka..

It was he and his dream fell short.

New Mayor Mitch Landreau won every neighborhood in the city on election day.

xMayor Nagin was spotted a short time ago at the airport wearing a Dallas Mavericks cap!;-) He was saying something along the lines of, "you can have your ettoufees and bisque, I miss my chicken fried steak".

BonMallari
05-03-2010, 02:42 PM
It was she and his dream fell short.

New Mayor Mitch Landreau won every neighborhood in the city on election day.

xMayor Nagin was spotted a short time ago at the airport wearing a Dallas Mavericks cap!;-) He was saying something along the lines of, "you can have your ettoufees and bisque, I miss my chicken fried stake".

Great , he can go to the Mavericks game with Mark Cuban...oh wait they got whupped by the Spurs:p:p..oh well the two of them can go to the Black Eyed Pea and enjoy the Chicken Fried Steak,and peach cobbler:D

M&K's Retrievers
05-03-2010, 02:46 PM

Someone please divert him from Dallas, I hear they have an incompetent Mayor of their own

The current mayor can't be as bad as ex mayor Laura Miller. She only cost the city of Dallas the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. :-x:-x:-x

dnf777
05-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey, Franco, please don't send him here to Dallas. We still have a butt load of refugees left over from katrina. We sure don't need him too.

Don't forget, you got stuck with W, too! :mad:

Hoosier
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM

It wasn't W's fault that the mayor of chocolate city didn't use the buses to evacuate the people who refused to take care of themselves BEFORE THE HURRICANE HIT.

Let's play your game. It's a damn shame we don't have an oil man in the oval office now, maybe he would have had a better understanding of what's going on in the gulf, and took action sooner.

Franco
05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
It wasn't W's fault that the mayor of chocolate city didn't use the buses to evacuate the people who refused to take care of themselves BEFORE THE HURRICANE HIT.

Let's play your game. It's a damn shame we don't have an oil man in the oval office now, maybe he would have had a better understanding of what's going on in the gulf, and took action sooner.

Those people didn't refuse to take care of themselves. They are wards of the Federal Government and rely on public transportation, none of which was availabe for evacuation.

Hoosier
05-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Those people didn't refuse to take care of themselves. They are wards of the Federal Government and rely on public transportation, none of which was availabe for evacuation.

And why are you and I not wards of the federal government? The mayor had access to the busses, Shouldn't he have used them?

Franco
05-03-2010, 06:34 PM
And why are you and I not wards of the federal government? The mayor had access to the busses, Shouldn't he have used them?

Yes he should have but understand;

1) He had no place arranged ahead of time to take them to.
2) He never arranged to have the drives come in because the thought never entered his mind.
3) He was warned back in 2001 this might happen and did nothing!

I don't want to be a Ward of the Gooberment as I like my freedom.;-)

M&K's Retrievers
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Not a problem. He's not president now (I would prefer him over obama especially with this congress. I like gridlock in Washington). In military lingo, when is obama considered "short"? At two years left in office?

BonMallari
05-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Only till the Library gets built at SMU..then its back to Crawford, unless that whack job Cindy Sheehan is camping across the road from the ranch;-)