PDA

View Full Version : 5,113 Nukes

BonMallari
05-03-2010, 09:49 PM
why would the current administration announce how many nuclear weapons that it has in our arsenal, what's next the GPS locations

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/03/AR2010050302089.html

subroc
05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
the left does not believe in secrets, or confidential material.

Henry V
05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
This is some big secret?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_the_United_States

See references 1 and 2, and the map may be of interest too.

subroc
05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
you do realize that the obama administration released that information today and the wiki attribution was dated today?

paul young
05-04-2010, 02:23 AM
yeah, i'm sure that right now, there's some idiot or collection thereof saying "gee, they only have 5,113 warheads and the best delivery systems in the world. they should be pushovers"!-Paul

subroc
05-04-2010, 04:49 AM
paul, givin' out any info, at all, about what you do today? never mind info that just doesn't need to be in the public domain.

road kill
05-04-2010, 06:26 AM
yeah, i'm sure that right now, there's some idiot or collection thereof saying "gee, they only have 5,113 warheads and the best delivery systems in the world. they should be pushovers"!-Paul

Hey, Paul, what is the balance in your checking account??

Or are there some things you just don't tell??:D

rk

dnf777
05-04-2010, 07:17 AM
And you guys BELIEVE everything you hear on Fox News!!!

Do you think that's a REAL number? Or maybe just a plant to keep 'em guessing?

Hook, line, and sinker regards!

road kill
05-04-2010, 07:21 AM
And you guys BELIEVE everything you hear on Fox News!!!

Do you think that's a REAL number? Or maybe just a plant to keep 'em guessing?

Hook, line, and sinker regards!
You mean this administration might try to deceive??

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!:shock:

rk

Byron Musick
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Our government has ALWAYS released this type of information, thats a strategy in and of itself. Not defending anyone, but that is the way it has been for a long time.

Now if they release the numbers, the locations, the ranges, the megaton's, etc.. You might have a security issue! :)

Nate_C
05-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Right now I have $6,152.00 in my checking account. What good does that do you. Don't you think China and Russia already know how many nukes we have. Haven't you ever heard of Keyhole satellites. They have them too. It is very hard to hide a ICBM nuke. It is what 30 feet long in a silo. They already do their best to track our subs and ships with nuclear capabilities. Air launched Cruise missile nukes are confined to only a hand full of bases and it is very obvious, I worked on one in Shreveport, LA. Seriously, what value would having a number like that do. In a first strike there is no way either nation could stop even half of them and even 2500 would eliminate 90% of their population. Please explain to me a scenario that knowing only how many nukes we had would assist an enemy of this nation?

The only people that think this is a big deal are the people at FOX and the republicans that make a big stink about everything Obama does. They must be laughing themselves to the bank. Hannity and Beck make 20 million + a year getting all you guys pissed about nothing.

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Right now I have $6,152.00 in my checking account. What good does that do you. Don't you think China and Russia already know how many nukes we have. Haven't you ever heard of Keyhole satellites. They have them too. It is very hard to hide a ICBM nuke. It is what 30 feet long in a silo. They already do their best to track our subs and ships with nuclear capabilities. Air launched Cruise missile nukes are confined to only a hand full of bases and it is very obvious, I worked on one in Shreveport, LA. Seriously, what value would having a number like that do. In a first strike there is no way either nation could stop even half of them and even 2500 would eliminate 90% of their population. Please explain to me a scenario that knowing only how many nukes we had would assist an enemy of this nation?

The only people that think this is a big deal are the people at FOX and the republicans that make a big stink about everything Obama does. They must be laughing themselves to the bank. Hannity and Beck make 20 million + a year getting all you guys pissed about nothing.

5000 nukes. A comforting feeling. The US spends more money on War then the next 7 nations of the world combined. Enough already...

dnf777
05-04-2010, 09:33 AM

A truer statement has never been said on POTUS before! "This" is in bold because it could be applied to much of what is discussed here.

david gibson
05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
you wouldnt be saying that if we had half that many a while back, and now you were trying to understand what the guy is saying in russian on TV while you nurse your radiation burns....

peace through strength regards

code3retrievers
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
A truer statement has never been said on POTUS before! "This" is in bold because it could be applied to much of what is discussed here.

Did you say discuss. I have not read one discussion from you left wingers in months.

Get over your obsession with Fox and GW and get on with your life. Even Jeff no longer discusses anything.

Name calling is not discussion!

david gibson
05-04-2010, 09:39 AM

so you guys are the only ones who speak the truth? lets see, the side you are on carries Che posters, sits in churches where the pastor shouts "GD America", and has friends that bombed the pentagon.

riiiiiight....

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Did you say discuss. I have not read one discussion from you left wingers in months.

Get over your obsession with Fox and GW and get on with your life. Even Jeff no longer discusses anything.

Name calling? I have to agree with you. But frankly, I see more name calling from the Right side than the left. Probably comes from the leadership. I've listened to the talk radio nonsense from both aisles. Political ideology aside, it's not a stretch to say the Right Wing Talkers are more volatile, abusive, and further from the truth than the left wingers. From there it often trickles into the habits of the listeners.
Even the mainstream leaders, Palin is a good example, are constantly doing everything they can to appeal to the emotional side of people. Constantly stirring fervor and in-sighting blame, fear etc. This is not debate. And it is not good for America. In fact, it is probably the reason I distrust Conservative leaders completely. It seems over the last decade or so, the Republican party leadership and it's network of communication hubs, has settled on a strategy of dividing America. Not good for a Constitutional Republic. Not good at all.

Koolaid
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I've known for a while that the US had about 5000 nukes. There were reports done years ago about reducing the number of warheads between the US and Russia and both gave the starting numbers and the intended reduction numbers by a certain date. This is old news.

Although that extra 113 nukes really puts a damper on my plans to take over Maine...

Eric Johnson
05-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Until yesterday, the conventional response to questions on nukes, whether raised at the national level or standing outside the weapons storage complex at an Air Force base, was, "We can neither confirm nor deny the existance...."

While I don't see why it's absolutely vital to continue to take this position, I also don't understand the why of the change of strategy. Whether one confirms or denies doesn't make them any more or less real in destructive force or numbers.

Eric

dnf777
05-04-2010, 10:03 AM
so you guys are the only ones who speak the truth? lets see, the side you are on carries Che posters, sits in churches where the pastor shouts "GD America", and has friends that bombed the pentagon.

riiiiiight....

David,
that's a cheap shot and you know it. That would be like me accusing you of being on the side that shoots ushers in the head in church, sets off bombs in Olympic Park, and blows up federal buildings. Let's rachet down the cheap shots, that are beneath both of us.

Marty Lee
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Name calling? I have to agree with you. But frankly, I see more name calling from the Right side than the left. Probably comes from the leadership. I've listened to the talk radio nonsense from both aisles. Political ideology aside, it's not a stretch to say the Right Wing Talkers are more volatile, abusive, and further from the truth than the left wingers. From there it often trickles into the habits of the listeners.
Even the mainstream leaders, Palin is a good example, are constantly doing everything they can to appeal to the emotional side of people. Constantly stirring fervor and in-sighting blame, fear etc. This is not debate. And it is not good for America. In fact, it is probably the reason I distrust Conservative leaders completely. It seems over the last decade or so, the Republican party leadership and it's network of communication hubs, has settled on a strategy of dividing America. Not good for a Constitutional Republic. Not good at all.

Well when "elitist" people such as the then campaigning now POTUS calls a whole demographic of people "clinging to their religion and guns" and that we really dont understand what we need........i think you should expect a little throw back!
i didnt need Hillarys village to raise my children and i dont need his high and mighty health care. I can and will take care of my own. TYVM

david gibson
05-04-2010, 11:46 AM
David,
that's a cheap shot and you know it. That would be like me accusing you of being on the side that shoots ushers in the head in church, sets off bombs in Olympic Park, and blows up federal buildings. Let's rachet down the cheap shots, that are beneath both of us.

i am only describing the guy you voted in for president

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't think it was ever really something that was not known by China and Russia and, well, pretty much anyone who wanted to look for the information.

dnf777
05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
i am only describing the guy you voted in for president

Please clarify. Would that be Reagan, Bush I, or Clinton. Nobody else I've ever voted for has won.

dnf777
05-04-2010, 02:27 PM

Please cite where I've called fellow RTFers any names. I can recall having my military service questioned, my professional abilities, my fatherhood, and have been called asshat, arsehole, jerk, and even WEENIE....just to name a few. (and all that by one or two radical rightwingers) I think most of us here butt heads, but get along at the end of the day without much name calling.

duk4me
05-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Hey buddy can you loan me $100? Didn't do so well on Kentucky Derby weekend.:)