PDA

View Full Version : Nabbed the NYC would-be bomber!

dnf777
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Wow! Less than 36 hours, and we have our suspect nabbed, in custody, and gaining intel on terrorist groups in Pakistan! If Bush was that good, we'd have bin Laden by 9-13-01!

I just thought I'd sing praises for this occasion before all the Right wingers started singing their praises for the federal govt under Obama doing such an expedient, efficient job of nabbing terrorists!!

How's the search for bin Laden going, by the way?

Hew
05-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Putting on a happy face to hide your disappointment that it wasn't a "teabagger?" When handed lemons you gotta make lemonade, I reckon.

M&K's Retrievers
05-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Bloomberg, told Katie Couric that he guessed the would be bomber was a right winger mad about health care. Oh well.

Matt McKenzie
05-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Doc,
I'm not sure what you are attempting to accomplish with your post, but if this turns out to be the guy, all I can say is "well done" to all parties involved. I couldn't tell from the articles I read which agencies are to be credited, but I suspect it was more than one.
If our President somehow had a hand in it, "well done" to him, as well.

Ken Bora
05-04-2010, 11:40 AM
If the vehicle had actually blown up the evidence that led to the quick capture would have been much more difficult to read. It would have not mattered who was commander in chief. We should sing the praises of the vendors on the street that heard the popping sounds and saw the smoke. I am fairly sure he called the police department and not the white house. We should also be thankful for the poor training the would be murderer had. So many mistakes, what a doofus! Somebody was smiling down from above.

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow! Less than 36 hours, and we have our suspect nabbed, in custody, and gaining intel on terrorist groups in Pakistan! If Bush was that good, we'd have bin Laden by 9-13-01!

I just thought I'd sing praises for this occasion before all the Right wingers started singing their praises for the federal govt under Obama doing such an expedient, efficient job of nabbing terrorists!!

Come on this guy has no real information. What a joke of a bomb attempt! Firecrackers and closed LP gas tanks....this guy is a retard and knows nothing....maybe Bloombergs brother as they both seem to be retarded

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 11:51 AM
If the vehicle had actually blown up the evidence that led to the quick capture would have been much more difficult to read. It would have not mattered who was commander in chief. We should sing the praises of the vendors on the street that heard the popping sounds and saw the smoke. I am fairly sure he called the police department and not the white house. We should also be thankful for the poor training the would be murderer had. So many mistakes, what a doofus! Somebody was smiling down from above.

Well at least the Commander Guy didn't send another 20,000 troops to Iraq to get the 'bad guys'. Or truck in another load of 'bad guys' to Gitmo... Not to mention the investigation system, no doubt combining cooperation from several agencies worked. I suspect the man at the top deserves some credit for this outcome.

road kill
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Please watch the video!!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/05/03/cbs-features-ny-mayor-bloomberg-speculating-bomber-was-mad-about-obamac

You leftys make me laugh!!!

rk

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Please watch the video!!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/05/03/cbs-features-ny-mayor-bloomberg-speculating-bomber-was-mad-about-obamac

rk

Just curious, but why are you trying to make this a righty lefty issue when it clearly is not.

Buzz
05-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Everything is a righty/lefty issue. ;-)

road kill
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Just curious, but why are you trying to make this a righty lefty issue when it clearly is not.

I just posted a quote from Mayor Bloomberg.
I beleive it went like this;
“somebody with a political agenda who doesn't like the health care bill or something. It could be anything.”

I beleive he that is a "righty lefty" thing!!

And I commented that you Leftys make me laugh.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!:D

rk

Ken Bora
05-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Well at least the Commander Guy didn't send another 20,000 troops to Iraq to get the 'bad guys'. Or truck in another load of 'bad guys' to Gitmo....
Not yet, it is only the next day and folk are being arrested in Pakistan already and Gitmo is still open isn’t it?
Funny when the President campaigned on change, did he realize it would he himself that was a changing??;-)

WRL
05-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Ummm....did you READ the original post? Dave made it a"Righty/Lefty" thing.....

WRL

Pals
05-04-2010, 01:28 PM

WRL

He always does. Mr. Independent:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes :

Hew
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Well at least the Commander Guy didn't send another 20,000 troops to Iraq to get the 'bad guys'. Or truck in another load of 'bad guys' to Gitmo...
I agree. Thank goodness Obama either keeps all the bad guys away from prying eyes at Bagram airbase in A-stan and/or renders them to third world sh!t holes for proper torture. Attitudes like yours disgust me. You bleated and moaned like biatches about Gitmo because it was Bush's and now you turn a blind eye and are quiet as church mice about the same damn thing (if not WORSE/HARSHER) because it's Obama's. F'ing hypocrites.

road kill
05-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Please watch the video!!

rk

More funny stuff from the leftys!!:D

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2010/05/04/msnbcs-contessa-brewer-frustrated-times-square-bomber-muslim-0

rk

dnf777
05-04-2010, 02:42 PM

WRL

What? Me? I was just trying to express the approval of this administration's performance in promptly tracking down, arresting, and interrogating this terror suspect, that I was sure the right wing would have for such a good job! I know some may not be comfortable patting Mr. Obama on the back, so I tried to break the ice. ;)

road kill
05-04-2010, 02:51 PM

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2010/05/04/msnbcs-contessa-brewer-frustrated-times-square-bomber-muslim-0

rk
Even more funny stuff from lefty Mayor Bloomberg!!:D

"We will not tolerate any bias or backlash against Pakistani or Muslim New Yorkers.

It’s the city where you can practice your religion and say what you want to say and be in charge of your own destiny and we’re going to keep it that way."

What a trip..........

rk

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Come on this poor guy lost his house to foreclosure and that makes it Bush's fault can't you all see that. It might not have been a tea party person but just as bad, someone driven insane by Bush.......

and don't pick on the muslems because of it, I am sure every non-muslum that lost a house has done the same thing right?????/....Right???.........

Buzz
05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
What a trip..........

rk

Have you ever spent any time in NYC?

road kill
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Have you ever spent any time in NYC?

Yes, in fact I have.
Have you??

Relevance??

rk

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Even more funny stuff from lefty Mayor Bloomberg!!:D

"We will not tolerate any bias or backlash against Pakistani or Muslim New Yorkers.

It’s the city where you can practice your religion and say what you want to say and be in charge of your own destiny and we’re going to keep it that way."

What a trip..........

rk

See you can pratice any religion there but I guess the same is not true of politics. Have at the tea party but don't pick on the muzzies

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 03:10 PM
I agree. Thank goodness Obama either keeps all the bad guys away from prying eyes at Bagram airbase in A-stan and/or renders them to third world sh!t holes for proper torture. Attitudes like yours disgust me. You bleated and moaned like biatches about Gitmo because it was Bush's and now you turn a blind eye and are quiet as church mice about the same damn thing (if not WORSE/HARSHER) because it's Obama's. F'ing hypocrites.

Hmmm. Disgust is a pretty strong word dude. People who make broad generalizations are usually wrong. You might want to consider that. Maybe get just a tad smaller brush to paint the world with.

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Ok so I just read this guy was an engineer. Seriously? Terry what do you have to say about that, a freaking engineer that built what could be described as the worst attempt ever to build a bomb. It looks like he though a few boxes of firecrackers, a couple of LP tanks, and a few bags of fertilizer wired to what looked like a child’s alarm clock would blow up the city. If this guy is tied to any organized terrorist group I truly feel much better if this is the best they can do. Maybe he contacted a group and they were just trying to get rid of him because he was so stupid. I can see them now “Oh Allah, this guy makes my head hurt, how can we get rid of him…..I know lets tell him to go to NY and get everything we can think of that is explosive and…..”

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 03:12 PM

rk

Well ..... At least we don't "disgust" you. BTW, it seems to me that many around here are confusing centrist positions with hard left positions. Kind of interesting. Maybe it's because we are in different parts of the country.

dnf777
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Come on this guy has no real information. What a joke of a bomb attempt! Firecrackers and closed LP gas tanks....this guy is a retard and knows nothing....maybe Bloombergs brother as they both seem to be retarded

That's possible, but apparently after questioning him, there have now been 5 arrests in Pakistan. I agree though, this guy seems half a bubble off plumb.

It makes me nervous though, when something like this just doesn't seem to make sense. Could it be somone is merely probing our security with a blatantly stupid appearing attempt, in order to generate all the news coverage and press conferences, in hopes of finding holes in our security?

When something seemingly insignificant happens, the good security folks will be looking everywhere but where the stooge is, for other situations. Hope between this and the oil spill, we don't let our guard down.

road kill
05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Well ..... At least we don't "disgust" you. BTW, it seems to me that many around here are confusing centrist positions with hard left positions. Kind of interesting. Maybe it's because we are in different parts of the country.

Maybe........or maybe you are hard left!!:D

rk

Hew
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Hmmm. Disgust is a pretty strong word dude. People who make broad generalizations are usually wrong. You might want to consider that. Maybe get just a tad smaller brush to paint the world with.
OK, the floor's all yours. Let's hear you lay into Obama about Bagram and rendition.

Ready...

Set....

GO!

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
That's possible, but apparently after questioning him, there have now been 5 arrests in Pakistan. I agree though, this guy seems half a bubble off plumb.

It makes me nervous though, when something like this just doesn't seem to make sense. Could it be somone is merely probing our security with a blatantly stupid appearing attempt, in order to generate all the news coverage and press conferences, in hopes of finding holes in our security?

When something seemingly insignificant happens, the good security folks will be looking everywhere but where the stooge is, for other situations. Hope between this and the oil spill, we don't let our guard down.

That was one of my thoughts too, but I give them more credit than that. This was too stupid to be a decoy or a probe. Something like this did not do enough to expose any real holes, response maybe, but they are smart enough to know that the response will change based on information received. I think if it were an attempt to see the response they would have actually blown something up even if it was small. I mean you are going to see increased security because of this and they know that so why would they not at least get something (kill or dammage) out of it? Seriously I don’t think it would be that hard to blow something up if you really wanted to. I am pretty sure in my mind that is was just a moron trying to earn some respect with the cool kids.
As far as the arrest in Pakistan, from what I have read they are mostly family and maybe a friend, but nobody with ties to organized terror.

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 05:06 PM
OK, the floor's all yours. Let's hear you lay into Obama about Bagram and rendition.

Ready...

Set....

GO!

Ok. Obama's on my s__ t list. I've said it around here quite a few times. He's a liar, based on his campaign rhetoric. He failed on Iraq. He failed on GITMO. He failed on Healthcare. He failed on energy policy. And he's about to fail on financial reform. Yeah, I was a fool and thought he might be the real deal. An actual change agent. Stupid me. Always the optimist. I will never vote for the SOB again... Period. How's that.

duk4me
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Ok so I just read this guy was an engineer. Seriously? Terry what do you have to say about that, a freaking engineer that built what could be described as the worst attempt ever to build a bomb. It looks like he though a few boxes of firecrackers, a couple of LP tanks, and a few bags of fertilizer wired to what looked like a child’s alarm clock would blow up the city. If this guy is tied to any organized terrorist group I truly feel much better if this is the best they can do. Maybe he contacted a group and they were just trying to get rid of him because he was so stupid. I can see them now “Oh Allah, this guy makes my head hurt, how can we get rid of him…..I know lets tell him to go to NY and get everything we can think of that is explosive and…..”

Guess we know now why he is an unemployed engineer. He should have used some toilet cleaner, foil, and plastic bottles like us rednecks do for fun.:)

badbullgator
05-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Guess we know now why he is an unemployed engineer. He should have used some toilet cleaner, foil, and plastic bottles like us rednecks do for fun.:)

exactly......

road kill
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know where this guy was actually picked up?

And how on earth did he freakin' get there??

rk

duk4me
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know where this guy was actually picked up?

And how on earth did he freakin' get there??

rk

Boarding an airplane to Dubai. Don't know how he got there.

road kill
05-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Boarding an airplane to Dubai. Don't know how he got there.
No....he was ON the plane!!
#1 on the "NO-FLY" list.
Plus he paid cash for a one way ticket to Islamabad!!

rk

depittydawg
05-04-2010, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE]Hmmm. Disgust is a pretty strong word dude. People who make broad generalizations are usually wrong. You might want to consider that. Maybe get just a tad smaller brush to paint the world with.
_/QUOTE]

Actually ,,generalizations are usually correct. because your making a general statement not an absolute.
grass is generally green,,,,,but not always. Liberals are generally cry babies and busy bodies ,,but not always. Like Jeff or Paul,,, they seem generally normal and have some common sense,,something that generally doesn't exist in liberalism.

Pete

Yep and conservatives are loonies. Especially when you get more than one in the same room at the same time. They seem to feed off each others stupidity. Would you say that is an accurate generalization Pete?

Henry V
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
#1 on the "NO-FLY" list.

rk
Yes, it seems a complete failure of the airport security system. Latest I heard was that there is a delay from data entry to getting on the no fly list. Unbelievable.

BonMallari
05-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Yep and conservatives are loonies. Especially when you get more than one in the same room at the same time. They seem to feed off each others stupidity. Would you say that is an accurate generalization Pete?

Five or more in a room gets you a poker game....get about two dozen together and you got yourself a FIELD TRIAL :D:D:D:D:D

Hew
05-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Ok. Obama's on my s__ t list. I've said it around here quite a few times. He's a liar, based on his campaign rhetoric. He failed on Iraq. He failed on GITMO. He failed on Healthcare. He failed on energy policy. And he's about to fail on financial reform. Yeah, I was a fool and thought he might be the real deal. An actual change agent. Stupid me. Always the optimist. I will never vote for the SOB again... Period. How's that.
Hey now, that's pretty good! I apologize for lumping you in with the rest of the koolaid kidz. Although we probably dislike his policies for opposite reasons, it's good to have some more dissent against him. As the liberals love to say (well, when Bush was president, anyway): dissent is the highest form of patriotism. Also, for the record, I didn't say/mean that you in particular disgust...but the premise that Bush was so bad on terrorists' rights and Obama is so good.

badbullgator
05-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Yes, it seems a complete failure of the airport security system. Latest I heard was that there is a delay from data entry to getting on the no fly list. Unbelievable.

Actually while I am usually quick to knock something like this, the way I understand it is that the system actually worked as it should. My understanding is that when you book a ticket in advance the airlines check you against a no fly list. In this case he booked at the last minute which does not allow the airlines the opportunity to check, but when this happens it falls over to national security agencies (FBI, TSA??? I am not sure exactly who) to do the check. In this case that is what happened and he was not allowed to leave on the plane. Now I would say that ANYONE who books a ticket at eh last minute and pays cash should be suspect, but ANYONE who books a ticket to Pakistan, Dubai,…ect should REALLY BE SUSPECT and checked very well before being allowed to board a flight.
IF we would ever get off the PC train and do a little profiling things like this just might be a little easier to stop. Just a guess but a muslim who buys a ticket at the last minute to a country friendly to terrorist just might be somebody that our national security agencies might want to take a close look at.

Henry V
05-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Actually while I am usually quick to knock something like this, the way I understand it is that the system actually worked as it should.....
I agree that the "system" worked but only because there are levels of redundancy. The "no fly" part of the system clearly needs improvement. He was on the plane and the plane had left the terminal.

Ken Bora
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
He was on the plane and the plane had left the terminal.

no..... he was on the plane, it had not left. He was taken off and it left and was stopped and called back and 2 more were taken off. Very close call. And his bomb did not go off, another very close call.

Buzz
05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
General Michael Heyden is on TV right now. He's saying that this represents a change in tactics by the terrorists. He said that we've gotten so good at identifying and breaking up big complex plans, it looks like they are shifting gears and attempting to throw a slew of small quickly planned and thrown together attacks.

On Fox radio this morning they said that up till now, the airlines were only required to check manifests every 24 hours. After today, they are required to check them every 2 hours. I wonder how close to flight time you can buy a ticket? Edit: I just heard more detailed info, that the airlines update THEIR no fly lists every 24 hours. Now they have to update them off the national list every 2 hours.

On profiling, how useful is it to profile a plane load of people flying to Dubai or some other Middle Eastern country?

Henry V
05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
no..... he was on the plane, it had not left. He was taken off and it left and was stopped and called back and 2 more were taken off. Very close call. And his bomb did not go off, another very close call.
So then, why are they playing audio tapes of the the tower calling the pilot and directing the plane back to the gate?

Ken Bora
05-05-2010, 09:30 AM

So then, why are they playing audio tapes of the the tower calling the pilot and directing the plane back to the gate?

that is to get the other 2 folk, who they questioned and let go. They stopped the plane 2 times but the first time it had not moved yet.

badbullgator
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
General Michael Heyden is on TV right now. He's saying that this represents a change in tactics by the terrorists. He said that we've gotten so good at identifying and breaking up big complex plans, it looks like they are shifting gears and attempting to throw a slew of small quickly planned and thrown together attacks.

On Fox radio this morning they said that up till now, the airlines were only required to check manifests every 24 hours. After today, they are required to check them every 2 hours. I wonder how close to flight time you can buy a ticket? Edit: I just heard more detailed info, that the airlines update THEIR no fly lists every 24 hours. Now they have to update them off the national list every 2 hours.

On profiling, how useful is it to profile a plane load of people flying to Dubai or some other Middle Eastern country?

I never suggested profiling the entire plane, just those who PAID CASH at the last minute and had traveled to Pakistan or similar countries recently.
Call a spade a spade regards

Buzz
05-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I have to agree on the buying a one way ticket with cash. I thought that was a big no-no these days.:confused:

You would think that anyone who would do that is just begging to get caught.

depittydawg
05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I have to agree on the buying a one way ticket with cash. I thought that was a big no-no these days.:confused:

You would think that anyone who would do that is just begging to get caught.

I had a cousin who, as a young man, committed some sort of misdemeanor and landed in jail. His grandpa, who actually raised the boy, bailed him out. After the young man had explained his plan the old man simply shook his head, "Get a job, you're to stupid to be a criminal" was his only comment. Lucky for the good guys, this rings true of most criminals. Judging from all the idiotic mistakes in the caper, this guy probably acted on his own. And it's probably the first time he's ever broken the law.

duk4me
05-05-2010, 01:31 PM
#1 on the "NO-FLY" list.

rk

Wow I got that on the DMNews website in the breaking news section yesterday. Sorry for the posting the erroneous info.

Hew
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I like the part about how he was on the plane and ready to go and then they yanked his monkey ass off in cuffs. The POS was probably sitting in his seat, no longer sweatin' bullets and smugly thinking he was homefree and then...."This is the Captain speaking, we have to return to the gate for a technical issue that will just take a moment."

Even more enjoyable than that is the thought of the Ft. Hood douche having to puff into a straw to move his wheelchair from one end of his tiny cell to the other and nothing but free time to think of the infidel woman who put him in that chair.

road kill
05-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Heard a great line today.

Janet Napolitano called the terrorist an amatuer.
He had trained for 5 months with the Taliban.

5 months more training than "Big Sis" had!!:shock:

rk

YardleyLabs
05-06-2010, 06:18 AM
So far under the obama administration we have had 4 terrorist attempts. 2 very successful. yet this administration goes out of its way to call it a non "Islamic "extremists", tragedy, It is their wet dream to have a tea bagger responsible for it all.

Nyc officials and media have tried to drive the point across that it was a "White man"

what a bunch of racist bass turds.

He was an illegal immigrant whose green card should have been pulled for lying on his application

Pete
Actually, he is a naturalized citizen, which makes him legally the same as any of us, except that some of us are not citizens.:)

road kill
05-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Actually, he is a naturalized citizen, which makes him legally the same as any of us, except that some of us are not citizens.:)

Really?

rk

badbullgator
05-06-2010, 08:02 AM
So far under the obama administration we have had 4 terrorist attempts. 2 very successful. yet this administration goes out of its way to call it a non "Islamic "extremists", tragedy, It is their wet dream to have a tea bagger responsible for it all.

Nyc officials and media have tried to drive the point across that it was a "White man"

what a bunch of racist bass turds.

He was an illegal immigrant whose green card should have been pulled for lying on his application

Pete

While I agree wit what you say, I have not seen anything that says he was illegal. Did I miss that?

Buzz
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Conservatives have hated Miranda ever since the supreme court decision in 1966.

badbullgator
05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
[quote]While I agree wit what you say, I have not seen anything that says he was illegal. Did I miss that/QUOTE]

Yep
If you lie on your job application they have a right to fire you.
If you lie on your drivers licence info they revoke it.
he lied on his paper work and he was winked at. he then received Miranda rights when any one here illegally does not deserve that right.

This government since Reagan has "winked"at the illegal immigration problem

This country is screwed weather you want to believe it or not because the people in charge are phony MFC suckers,,,who's whole day is spent either deceiving or turning their face away from serious problems and many of them deserve nothing less than a public hanging. But enough mushy talk,
Pete

Pete, not doubting you but do you have a link that shows he lied on "his paperwork?" I have not seen that.

Buzz.......come on really??? Wow! I think what they hate is Miranda rights being given to people that are not entitled to them

YardleyLabs
05-06-2010, 10:02 AM
[quote=Pete;611093]

Pete, not doubting you but do you have a link that shows he lied on "his paperwork?" I have not seen that.

Buzz.......come on really??? Wow! I think what they hate is Miranda rights being given to people that are not entitled to them
I agree. Miranda rights should only be given to innocent people, not those the police know are guilty.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

WRL
05-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Boy, this terrorist just keeps getting smarter and smarter.....

Apparently (NBC just reported) he drove another SUV to Times Square the day before to use as a "getaway car".....

Except....OOOPS......forgot and left the keys in the car. So no getaway car....:(

What a stupid piece of sh!t.

WRL

Buzz
05-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Boy, this terrorist just keeps getting smarter and smarter.....

Apparently (NBC just reported) he drove another SUV to Times Square the day before to use as a "getaway car".....

Except....OOOPS......forgot and left the keys in the car. So no getaway car....:(

What a stupid piece of sh!t.

WRL

I heard that he has an engineering degree and an MBA. Is that true?

Doesn't speak well for being book smart...

Uncle Bill
05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Well at least the Commander Guy didn't send another 20,000 troops to Iraq to get the 'bad guys'. Or truck in another load of 'bad guys' to Gitmo... Not to mention the investigation system, no doubt combining cooperation from several agencies worked. I suspect the man at the top deserves some credit for this outcome.

I've only read this thread to this point, but Dippity-doo-dah gets the major yuks so far. After this post, he has the audacity to question RK as why this has to be a Righty/Lefty thang.:rolleyes:

That's what I mean, Dip. You lefties don't even realize how jaded you are in your opinions. You, like that Pennsyvania Doc, think you are viewing it all from the middle, but you are already in the left ditch. Swill away.

UB

depittydawg
05-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I've only read this thread to this point, but Dippity-doo-dah gets the major yuks so far. After this post, he has the audacity to question RK as why this has to be a Righty/Lefty thang.:rolleyes:

That's what I mean, Dip. You lefties don't even realize how jaded you are in your opinions. You, like that Pennsyvania Doc, think you are viewing it all from the middle, but you are already in the left ditch. Swill away.

UB

It's not a righty lefy thing. It's a competence thing. That was the intention of the post. That's what it said. The fact that you interpreted it to be a "righty lefty" quote reveals where your head is at Bluffy.

dnf777
05-06-2010, 10:02 PM
The only flaw with the "ignore list" is that when someone reposts the person's quotes in their reply. Its been so nice not seeing the childish, baseless, fluff until now! Just in case you missed in depitty, his reply had nothing but 3rd-grade level name calling and insults. Right on par for him.

Uncle Bill
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
The only flaw with the "ignore list" is that when someone reposts the person's quotes in their reply. Its been so nice not seeing the childish, baseless, fluff until now! Just in case you missed in depitty, his reply had nothing but 3rd-grade level name calling and insults. Right on par for him.

Hmmmm..when dealing with 3rd grade mentality, it's important to not use names they can't understand. But try as I might, far too many things just slide over your head. :confused:

UB

kjrice
05-08-2010, 07:22 AM

Awesome work (insert sarcasm here)! You mean the same folks that this "no fly" passenger fly around? That is some outstanding work.

Uncle Bill
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
After a weeks worth of the righty/lefty thang doing nothing more than having the lefties telling us how fortunate we were this guy got nabbed by the feds, and now how safe we are putting our faith in these failed Obama-directed institutes and their inept leaders, let me now share with you, the story as it IS...from someone NOT in the MSP, that I believe in far more than what's being said about this incident.

UB

http://www.anncoulter.com/images/logo.gif

OBAMA NATIONAL SECURITY POLICY: HOPE THEIR BOMBS DON'T WORK
by Ann Coulter
May 5, 2010

It took Faisal Shahzad trying to set a car bomb in Times Square to get President Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to finally use the word "terrorism." (And not referring to Tea Party activists!)

This is a major policy shift for a president who spent a month telling Americans not to "jump to conclusions" after Army doctor Nidal Malik Hasan reportedly jumped on a desk, shouted "Allahu Akbar!" and began shooting up Fort Hood.

After last weekend, now Obama is even threatening to pronounce it "Pack-i-stan" instead of "Pock-i-stahn." We know Obama is taking terrorism seriously because he took a break from his "Hope, Change & Chuckles" tour on the comedy circuit to denounce terrorists.

In a bit of macho posturing this week, Obama declared that -- contrary to the terrorists' wishes -- Americans "will not be terrorized, we will not cower in fear, we will not be intimidated."

First of all, having the Transportation Security Administration wanding infants, taking applesauce away from 93-year-old dementia patients, and forcing all Americans to produce their shoes, computers and containers with up to 3 ounces of liquid in Ziploc bags for special screening pretty much blows that "not intimidated" look Obama wants America to adopt.

"Intimidated"? How about "absolutely terrified"?

Second, it would be a little easier for the rest of us not to live in fear if the president's entire national security strategy didn't depend on average citizens happening to notice a smoldering SUV in Times Square or smoke coming from a fellow airline passenger's crotch.

But after the car bomber, the diaper bomber and the Fort Hood shooter, it has become increasingly clear that Obama's only national defense strategy is: Let's hope their bombs don't work!

If only Dr. Hasan's gun had jammed at Fort Hood, that could have been another huge foreign policy success for Obama.

The administration's fingers-crossed strategy is a follow-up to Obama's earlier and less successful "Let's Make Them Love Us!" plan.

In the past year, Obama has repeatedly apologized to Muslims for America's "mistakes."

He has apologized to Iran for President Eisenhower's taking out loon Mohammad Mossadegh, before Mossadegh turned a comparatively civilized country into a Third World hellhole. You know, like the Ayatollah has.

He has apologized to the entire Muslim world for the French and English colonizing them -- i.e. building them flush toilets.

He promised to shut down Guantanamo. And he ordered the mastermind of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, to be tried in the same courthouse that tried Martha Stewart.

There was also Obama's 90-degree-bow tour of the East and Middle East. For his next visit, he plans to roll on his back and have his belly scratched like Fido.

Despite favorable reviews in The New York Times, none of this put an end to Islamic terrorism.

So now, I gather, our only strategy is to hope the terrorists' bombs keep fizzling.

There's no other line of defense. In the case of the Times Square car bomber, the Department of Homeland Security failed, the Immigration and Naturalization Service failed, the CIA failed and the TSA failed. (However, the Department of Alert T-Shirt Vendors came through with flying colors, as it always does.)

Only the New York Police Department, a New York street vendor and Shahzad's Rube Goldberg bomb (I do hope he's not offended by how Jewish that sounds -- Obama can apologize) prevented a major explosion in Times Square.

Even after the NYPD de-wired the smoking car bomb, produced enough information to identify the bomb-maker, and handed it all to federal law enforcement authorities tied up in a bow, the federal government's crack "no-fly" list failed to stop Shahzad from boarding a plane to Dubai.

To be fair, at Emirates Airlines, being on a "no-fly" list makes you eligible for pre-boarding.

Perhaps the Department of Homeland Security should consider creating a "Really, REALLY No-Fly" list.

Contrary to the wild excuses being made for the federal government on all the TV networks Monday night, it's now clear that this was not a wily plan of federal investigators to allow Shahzad to board the plane in order to nab his co-conspirators. It was a flub that nearly allowed Shahzad to escape.

Meanwhile, on that same Monday at JFK airport, approximately 100,000 passengers took off their shoes, coats, belts and sunglasses for airport security.

But the "highly trained federal force" The New York Times promised us on Oct. 28, 2001, when the paper demanded that airport security be federalized, failed to stop the only guy they needed to stop at JFK last Monday -- the one who planted a bomb in the middle of Times Square days earlier.

So why were 100,000 other passengers harassed and annoyed by the TSA?

The federal government didn't stop the diaper bomber from nearly detonating a bomb over Detroit. It didn't stop a guy on the "No Fly" list from boarding a plane and coming minutes away from getting out of the country.

If our only defense to terrorism is counting on alert civilians, how about not bothering them before they board airplanes, instead of harassing them with useless airport "security" procedures?

Both of the attempted bombers who sailed through airport security, I note, were young males of the Islamic faith. I wonder if we could develop a security plan based on that information?

And speaking of a "highly trained federal force," who's working at the INS these days? Who on earth made the decision to allow Shahzad the unparalleled privilege of becoming a U.S. citizen last year?

Our "Europeans Need Not Apply" immigration policies were absurd enough before 9/11. But after 19 foreign-born Muslims, legally admitted to the U.S., murdered 3,000 Americans in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania in a single day, couldn't we tighten up our admission policies toward people from countries still performing stonings and clitorectomies?

The NYPD can't be everyplace.

COPYRIGHT 2010 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL UCLICK
1130 Walnut, Kansas City, MO 64106

Uncle Bill
05-09-2010, 01:56 PM
[quote=badbullgator;611101]
I agree. Miranda rights should only be given to innocent people, not those the police know are guilty.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. After seeing a drug kingpin assasinate several cops while trying to escape, the remaining police standing should ONLY be thinking about reading this 'presumed' innocent bastard his Miranda rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I recognize it's difficult, no IMPOSSIBLE, for enablers like you to understand how your PC philosophies have caused almost as much of the crime this nation faces, as the criminals do.

What is amazing, however, is when the "light" turns on as one of your loved ones becomes the target of these animals, for which you require the citizenry and the nations laws to protect.

God forbid it should happen, but if it does, I hope you have at least a 9 shot Glock available so you can drain ALL the blood from that animals system....then read him his 'rights'. He probably wouldn't have understood English anyway.

UB